monday3rd mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday3rd mar

hiya folks...just going to the airport now so thot I would wish you goodbye.....see you whn I get back ..stay sane,sober and safe...thinking of you all ...remember sl...kick ass month ...pppqp .you time ..and det..Pauly stick at it you know you will win ...Lav..hope you aint brew less till I get back....tt take it easy ..yah ..hows things now maddie is on the move ? sam the weather ..sam it lettin you get out? to anyone I have missed out ...apologies and welcome to the new ones to the thread

c yawl x
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

monday3rd mar

Good morning Abbers!

Snowing like a SOB in my part of the world - what else is new?

Mick, I hope you have a fantastic & safe holiday. Can't wait to see some pics from the exotic locales you are visiting

Well, today is pretty much cancelled around here, schools closed, Curves closed - guess I'll make some popcorn & find something interesting on Netflix - why not??
    I have plenty of coffee for everyone so help yourselves

Have a great AF Monday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

monday3rd mar

Mae everybody,yes Mick have a safe and fun getaway,lucky dog! Lav,you need a kick-back day anyways,you're always busy so just have a Lazy Lav day i cannot believe it's monday already,didn't i just bitch about monday?the only good thing is Monday's tend to be busy so hopefully i'll make some dough,gotta get my rent paid and start shopping for Louie's birthday,at least he's cheap and easy to shop for,one year old's tend to care more about the box it comes in rather than the toy anyways,hope everbody has a good day,off to get more coffee or water,both,luv ya guys
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

monday3rd mar

MAE all!

I hope you have a wonderful time, Mick. Thanks for remembering what's going on in my life! You will be missed!

It's finished snowing here, Lav, so hopefully, it will stop snowing at your place soon. Maybe a day of enforced rest won't be such a bad thing for you, my dear!

You're sounding good, Pauly. I'm glad that Monday is a busy day for you. It makes Mondays worthwhile.

Maddie moves in 2 weeks. I will miss her so much, but I will also be relieved as anything to have my house back to myself. I just realized, though, that I have let a few thoughts about smoking creep back into my consciousness. I so don't want to go back there, so I have to be more mindful and aware of any stinking thinking about smoking cigarettes. I feel more secure about not drinking.

Anyway, I hope you are doing better, Det.

How are things down on the farm, Sam? How much snow did you end up getting?

Hi to SF, SL, PPQP, TT, and anyone else I haven't addressed directly.

Welcome to the newbies posting.

Take care all. Even though it's a snow day, I still have lots to do, and I also have a particularly problematic client right now.

Hugs,
        :l
        YahYah
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

monday3rd mar

Hi all - meant to check in earlier to say safe travels to The Mick - hope he is doing well on all his long flights!
          Monday here and I feel oddly calm....not quite sure why...not been sleeping well last two nights...oh well, just have to take it won't I.
          Planning to see if my insurance will let me switch to a new GP I have found..and a few other sorting out things to do on my "to do" list (have to sneak them in during the work day...
          YAH - I really shoudl know - is Maddie your daughter? How can we help you with this transition?
          See you all later...
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

monday3rd mar

SL, thank you. Yes, Maddie is the name I have given my 24-year-old daughter on MWO. This is actually the 2nd time she's left, as she went to college in 2007. She moved back last July to save some $$$ and pay off student loans. This is probably the last time we will ever live together. In reality, what I will miss is the fantasy relationship that I have with her. Our relationship is good, but we have our share of conflict too, and frankly, there are some things that I WILL NOT MISS. But she has been a great motivator and support about not smoking, and I want to make sure that I stay smoke free. So thank you for your concern. :l

Comment

monday3rd mar

how do all
              evening here and we got about 5-6 inches of snow, now going to be quite chilly (for us down chere you might saaay). Pretty snow, the cold makes it very dusty.

Mick, have a great trip!
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

monday3rd mar

YAH - I think I was about that age when I left my parents home for second time - but went 6,000 miles away!!
                I love my own space too and feel that I get more and more selfish as time goes marching on
                I know - I will keep off the wine if you keep off the ciggies -:H Seriously, you have a great cheer team here for you
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

monday3rd mar

BOY, is it ever cold!!!!!
                  I'm sitting in front of a nice fire, wearing multiple layers & still feeling chilly - geez!
                  Hope my feathered friends are snug enough outside.

Hi pauly, Yah & SL!
                  I'll make a deal with you guys - if you stay off the wine & smokes then I will too. I'm approaching my 5 year anniversaries & find myself having some crazy thoughts about that stuff lately. I think it's just the last remaining bit of fear or anxiety relating to my quits surfacing but it helps keep me humble I think. Would I really want to start up on these things again after all this time? HELL NO!

So let's all help keep one another humble & toeing the line

Oops, almost forgot to say Hi Sam
                  I think you got more snow than I did, lucky guy!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

monday3rd mar

Don't even go there Lav! Or anyone else.
                    I bet being cooped up inside doesn't help either - too much time to think.
                    Maybe you need to plan a holiday Lav - is that possible?

Hi there to everyone else - I will be posting my usual diatribes at some stage . Busy working now - but guess what, I too have the fire going.

Comment

monday3rd mar

Lav, not that I would wish them on you, but I do find it a little reassuring that there are occasional chips in your Lavanittude. It makes me feel hopeful for myself. I've got your back, my dear. It's just part of the journey, and I know you'll work through it. Anyway, it's a deal. I can appreciate your having crazy thoughts when coming up on the 5 year anniversary! No drinking or smoking for you or me, and no drinking for you, SL! I know I have a great cheering section here; that's why I posted about it. I knew I would get what I needed. :thanks:

:l

Comment

monday3rd mar

happy late greetings ABerooos!

an extremely busy Monday so I'm very grateful to be clear-headed and AF. We are working actively to sell our house so that we are no longer beholden to this monstrous monthly mortgage payment that is holding me to my high-paying but horribly stressful job.

Mick, bon voyage mate! enjoy!

Lav, take it from me, dipping a toe back in the evil waters has no merit, no reward, just horrid pain. You're doing simply awesome.

sorry to be brief but I'm super tired and still not sleeping good at all. must work on that.

be well everyone. and warm!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X