af friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af friday

Hey all still here hope all is well. .thinking of yiz all...it is 630am and off to a temple...have a great day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af friday

Na na na-:H:H:H Mick had to beat me to starting the thread even though he knows I am still hours ahead. Go on enjoy your spicy food and the temples (say a prayer for the poor alkies of the world). Meanwhile I shall eat my plain apple and my lettuce leaves - sob sob:upset: and listen to the bloody mouse in the f__k_n roof. We can't even squeeze insulation into our roof cavity but a rodent still manages to take up residence. We have a cat - does he hunt the mouse? Any mouse? No. He is a domesticated wuss. (well actually he is a cat).

Det - I need you to joust the mouse from my house! (almost rhymed).

SF - hope you have calmed down a bit - and thought about how you will deal with your feelings and the crazy urge to drink a few weeks in the future. You take care.

Pauly - we are trying out another hairdresser for my daughter tomorrow. She wants a bob. I warned her that bobs are very dangerous - they don't always suit teenagers if its the wrong type of bob. She is not into styling or using product - all necessary for many bobs. But she is insistent and I have a dreadful feeling that by this time tomorrow she will be in tears and I will be several $$ out of pocket.

Hi there Lav, SL, Sam , PPQP, Yah and someone else (I always forget someone and then it comes back to me). I am watching another episode of Borgen tonight. I don't think you get it in the US but I read that Stephen King really likes it. Thats interesting because it is not in the horror genre at all - not violent either.
    Have a great sober Friday and keep those AL devils out of the room (they are only tiny wee devils now but like my mouse they are an irritating nuisance that must be dealt with when they turn up).

Comment

af friday

Hiya all quick jump in just to see you are all ok went to Elk Phnom temple toda it is amazing. .also on Tonle se lake where the floating villages are hope you are all well .
      Tt get this moose fae oot ma hoose! Have a great day all
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af friday

Good morning Abbers!

It's Friday morning in this part of the world
        Cloudy but not snowing - I'll take it, no kidding :H

Mick, what an adventure for you - have a great time!!!

TT, believe it or not you will live thru your daughter's teen years :H
        Then her hair anxiety will become hers & hers alone :H
        I still have very vivid memories of all that from my daughter's teen years.
        Hope you find your mouse soon. I deal with lots of field mice around here, yuck.

SL, SF, Det, PQ & everyone - hope you have a great stress free Friday
        I'm off to Curves now then back here for some work, nothing unusual!!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af friday

Mae everybody,TT,i hope she likes her hair teens are tricky,and picky about hair,when i was a teen i would cut my own hair everytime Madonna changed hers,well wwhat looks good on madonna didnt look that great on me haha,ive gotta head to Target later to get this little tee-pee for Louie,i sent Brady twice yesterday but he couldnt find it,i have the feeling he was checking out headphones for himself,turd! well hope everybody has a great friday,Mick have fun!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af friday

Morning all - TT - had the same with my 15yr old - she had fabulous long blond hair that everyone loved - she chopped it all off. Like yours she is a wash and wear - it is growing out now (hair does that:H) and she regrets it - but she had to do it. She wants her long hair back and one day she will get it - hers is almost bob stage, but looks a mess as she doesn't style it - we will get there!:l
            Hi Mick, have another great day!
            Morning Lav, Pauly, Det, Yah and all - don't want to say it - but have to - sun is shining and reports of 70 this weekend - makes me happy!! Rain back on Monday so hopefully I can make teh most of this
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af friday

I am not sure if anyone recalls, but for a christmas gift from some of my staff I got a 6 month subscription to a wine of the month club. Two bottles a month - how very kind! Well, I got the first delivery and gave it away very quickly - cat sitter wondered what came over me:H I have been "out" for the last two deliveries and now there are 6 bottles coming - they caught me by phone and I asked to cancel it, but they said they couldn't do that - any wonderful ideas how to get rid of 6 bottles of boutique wine???

Comment

af friday

Donate to a school for the next fundraising raffle

Comment

af friday

TT - I wish - schools are AF zones and won't take the booze from me:upset:
                  The scottish blood will find it hard to pour away...
                  It hasn't arrived yet so I have some time to plan

Comment

af friday

Any other charities? A neighbour?
                    Or just pour away then. Think of it as an expensive sacrifice. Wear a face mask when you do it so you can't drink and smell it. As K9 I think posted somewhere it all ends up in the sewers eventually.

Comment

af friday

Hey SL - seriously, I would just walk the wine to your neighbors & leave it at the door. Ring the bell & run :H
                      Don't let the bizarreness of this gift throw you off your plan. Just give the damn stuff away!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af friday

Aloha Friday ABerooooos!

wow you guys are good, both TTops and Lead are technically correct depending on how far i take this. it's called HEMA (historical European martial arts) and currently we are learning traditional 15th century Italian and German longsword. I just can't do anything normal. this is weird enough to keep my attention and provide a surprisingly strenuous workout. between that and packing up the house I'm mighty sore, but I'd rather be sore than hung over ANY day!

well, can't help on the teenage girl/hair issue but I feel your pain

tried calling to arrange an appointment for a CBT again today but left another message. will keep trying.

Mick, how exotic! I'm super jealous of your tropical adventures. pictures when you can eh?

I agree with Lav on the vino, just dump it on the nearest victim and be done with it.

well, i'm going to sleep well tonight...

be well friends
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

af friday

That's brilliant Det. You will have to ditch the paleo diet and have a renaissance period one instead. I don't think the Germans were big on coconut oil then!

Comment

af friday

noooooooooo! at least extra virgin olive oil is still 'authentic'
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X