Af Tuesday 11 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Af Tuesday 11 March

Hi there absters. Everyone doing Ok I hope.

I am a bit drained ? had to take the daughter to the orthodontists ? braces off after 18 months (yay!) and then the GP about the headache. Nothing to especially worry about ? not a migraine. What was of concern to me was that at archery last Saturday she walked into an arrow head (it was stationary) and the headaches started the day after. But they don?t seem connected. I worry far too much about her and I know I should step back more.

Well Sam and others ? I hope you have managed to wake up with the change in the time. Its getting much darker here in the morning ? which for me is a good thing as it means I manage to get some extra much needed sleep.

Yes the thread is a bit quiet when Mick is away. I would try to jolly you along but I haven?t got much vim and vigour in my bones tonight. I managed to break the coffee plunger too and drop an open bottle of soda water ? see accidents can happen even to the sober when they handle AF drinks!

Pauly ? you OK? Haven?t seen you on here for a few days.

Hope everyone?s Tuesday is tra-la-la and accident free. Be careful with the soda water! :H Catch you later

Af Tuesday 11 March

Hiya all how are things with youse...proper English! ! It I 4pm..went to the cambodian palace this morning then the national museum. ..and then to the S21...which was an extermination camp in the killing fields time..its a museum now to the memory of those who were murdered got a copy of a book signed by one of the 2 survivors. A very humbling experience tonight dinner at the foreign correspondents club. .tomorrow on to Vietnam...the political climate here is unbelievable back next week. ..cyawl
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

Hiya all how are things with youse...proper English! ! It I 4pm..went to the cambodian palace this morning then the national museum. ..and then to the S21...which was an extermination camp in the killing fields time..its a museum now to the memory of those who were murdered got a copy of a book signed by one of the 2 survivors. A very humbling experience tonight dinner at the foreign correspondents club. .tomorrow on to Vietnam...the political climate here is unbelievable back next week. ..cyawl
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

Evening TT....I'm a bit drained just reading your post. :H Hope you're having a peaceful night.

Morning Mick...you are having quite the expedition aren't you. Give a big GOOD MORNING VIETNAM shout out for me.

Yup Lav things have been crazy busy for me but everything is ok. At least the weather is cooperating.

Up way too early this morning so off to fill up on caffeine. Have a great AF Tuesday all to come....PPQP

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

Morning all!
          How you doing TT? I bet you and your daughter are both happy to be done with braces! Hopefully the headaches will stop soon. Nothing wrong with being cautious.

Good to hear from you Mick, I would imagine that the 2 survivors have implanted in their memories things that will never go away. How terrible it is the way humans can treat each other at times.

Well I've succumbed to the yuck that everyone around me has had. Head full of oysters, etc. Guess it still is a "R" month.

howdy's to all. Have a good one!

Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

Good morning Abbers,

Not a drop of sun here but the temp is way above freezing so I won't complain

TT, both of my kids had braces, I remember those wonderful times!
            Glad your daughter is OK.

Mick, I'm exhausted reading about your travels, wow!
            Be safe out there in the world!

Extra coffee this week foe me as well PQ :H

Sam, hope you ate feeling better soon. I guess you are to your ankles in mud now, just like me. I'm just happy to see the snow disappear

Have a great AF Tuesday everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

Hi Sam- you have me stumped. 'head full of oysters'?? Never heard that phrase and tried to Google it.
              I live near the coast and have a different view of oysters!

Your reference to still being in R month - do you mean relapse?

Lost in translation

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

TT
                oysters are the lovely flem intertwined with mucus that is in my nose because of my ailment. Guess it is local slang. R months are when it it supposedly safe to eat oysters from the bay around here. They are months that have R's in them... septembeR,octobeR, novembeR..., maRch etc.

lovely, isn't it?
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

Goodness - I mis-read that. Sorry Sam and thanks for educating me.

OK folks my time for a rant!:upset:
                  as you know my daughter has been unwell plus she has also been more tense than usual lately and I am worried that something is worrying her. I tried talking about it but no luck. Then I tried talking about it with my partner G. - and he blames me!
                  This has always happened and I am pissed off. He never considers that our daughter may have issues of her own - and I respect her privacy - but I want her to know that we are there for her.
                  But he sees any emotional tension that daughter has as being my fault. It used to be my fault because I drank (and then I drank at it - so it was cyclical). I tended to soak up the blame in the past - because well, I drank and I could blame myself.
                  His way of dealing with this kind of stuff is to clam up and not talk about it. I probably am too much the other way.
                  I just know for me its not good to bottle stuff up - and then feel guilty (esp as it did lead in the past to reaching for another bottle). I have no desire to drink these days.

Maybe its a gender thing. And why should my daughter's tension/problems always be blamed on me. She wouldn't see it that way.

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

Hi all - quick check in at lunch - delayed lunch today!!
                    TT - my eldests braces are off on 17th! then the youngest has another year or more to go - will be so happy when we are done with orthodonists!
                    I am also struggling with my daughter just now - not sure if it is a 15yo thing or what - I tried to talk to her father yesterday and got nowhere, just frustrated...so not sure if it is a gender things - I always read Mick as being very involved in his daughters life, so not sure that is it....I have a huge headache after our discussion yesterday....I find it so hard and read so much into everything....Hi to everyone else - Lav, Sam, PPQ and Mick...have a good remainder of your day..
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

Hiya all. .5 am off by boat to Vietnam this morning. .dinner was love ly in the foreign correspondents club last night. .sl yep was involved in amys upbringing but at times there were things that I didn't or didn't want to understand. .but as time goes on the penny will drop. .how's the blank diary doing? Right off for brekkie and a big Gmv for you ppqp..Sam hope the oyster farming is better today!!

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

treetops;1636828 wrote: Goodness - I mis-read that. Sorry Sam and thanks for educating me.

OK folks my time for a rant!:upset:
                        as you know my daughter has been unwell plus she has also been more tense than usual lately and I am worried that something is worrying her. I tried talking about it but no luck. Then I tried talking about it with my partner G. - and he blames me!
                        This has always happened and I am pissed off. He never considers that our daughter may have issues of her own - and I respect her privacy - but I want her to know that we are there for her.
                        But he sees any emotional tension that daughter has as being my fault. It used to be my fault because I drank (and then I drank at it - so it was cyclical). I tended to soak up the blame in the past - because well, I drank and I could blame myself.
                        His way of dealing with this kind of stuff is to clam up and not talk about it. I probably am too much the other way.
                        I just know for me its not good to bottle stuff up - and then feel guilty (esp as it did lead in the past to reaching for another bottle). I have no desire to drink these days.

Maybe its a gender thing. And why should my daughter's tension/problems always be blamed on me. She wouldn't see it that way.
                        He just up and blamed you out of the blue like that?...Weird. depends on your daughters age I guess...Peers, school media can make a parent into a villain...I suppose you are walking on eggs. Maybe its adjustment time---anyways...Feelin for ya

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

My partner is very involved in my daughters upbringing but I don't think he knows how to deal with her as a young woman so easily.
                          Also he himself had very lonely and socially isolated teen years with a remote alcoholic father so that probably doesn't help either. Odd thing was that my partner comes from a big family - yet he was a loner. Also the dad was a lovely man - just wasn't there for my partner when he needed him. The dads drinking probably came about as a result of surviving the horrors of World War II in the Pacific.

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

Hi Lead. Partner has always blamed me for 'issues' concerning our daughter so it's not new. I just have to live with it - otherwise it end up in an argument and makes things worse.

Comment

Af Tuesday 11 March

hi do ABeroooos!

got into my hotel here in loverly (a - hem) Stockton CA a bit early which is nice. I'm trying to plan my trips for low-stress and give myself extra time so i don't have to feel rushed. this is part of a new way of thinking I'm adopting. Lav summed up part of it nicely when she remarked about the dangers of bottling up our feelings. In the past, I've white-knuckled it through some difficult challenges, only to come home so emotionally crippled that I let me guard down. I'm refusing to fall for that trap now. I need to take heart the words of the great sages when they discuss the importance of mindfulness and being 'present'. i know myself well enough to realize i tend to ignore my emotions and bottle up my stresses. I just can't do that anymore if I'm to be emotionally healthy. Becoming coherent with my emotions is not something that comes naturally for me, I really have to work at it. perhaps in time it will be subconscious (at least that's the idea).

Mick, what a fascinating glimpse into some very dark history in Cambodia. what do you mean about the gov? curious.

well, off to walk in the sunshine and find some early dinner, prolly be back to pester you all later tonight

be well
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X