fuuuurrssday 17th OV April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mae all and how are we today then?ok...looking forward to the Easter Weekend? I certainly am.....decorating!!!:upset:got to be done ..its all planned out ..so its obviously going to go pear shaped!!so who finishes for a long weekend today then?

Porridge and brew time ....any one for a brew?

hiya Pauly ..how are you today then ?feeling any better?is there nothing else you can get rather than that spray?hey you aint whining ...any subject that cheeses you off and might end up as a drinking solution for me to be discussed here is fair game

hiya Sam ...hows you today then? did you get the surveying done ok? hope so ...your post"Got watch out for those goats, they like to kid." Nope they werent kidding ..they were real!!" :H

Hiya SL...and how are you today then?like tt I saw your other post sage words ..well done you :goodjob:are you off this weekend? any plans? see you are your own boss now..nothing is dependant on how what or when you drink!whatever you do Im sure youll enjoy it

Hiya Lav ..hows you today then? have a good night?heres a brew to start the day ..any plans for today?or over the weekend?sure the kids will be involved some where along the line....

hiya ppqp ..how are you doing ...in the snow????whats that all about..here quick ..one hot cuppa for you ..glad things are getting back on an even keel..you planning anything for the easter weekend?

hiya tt ..well your world will be zooming around at 100mph at the mo.getting ready...so all I can say is have a great time stay safe and sober..you know where we are .....:l

right peeps ..orf we go so take care and have a good one.

I see in the news today that half of takeaway Lamb curries bought in the UK, were something other than lamb.

In Birmingham, they were selling beef instead.

And in Liverpool, they were flogging a dead horse.

sadly my granda died at his own 90th birthday party,everyone was really upset,we were only half way through giving him the bumps.

Everyone is always saying how romantic I am because even after being with my wife for 12 years, I still hold her hand when we are out in public.

Let them think whatever they want.

All I know is, if I'm holding it, she can't hit me with it.

There is a picture in today's paper of David Cameron sunbathing in Lanzarote next to three topless women.

It's really weird that if you look closely, you can actually count seven individual tits.

After my wife died, I couldn't even look at another woman for almost 10 years.

But now that I'm out of jail, I can honestly say it was worth it.

My midget neighbour is really mad at me because I just can't stop taking the p out of him.

Hi Ho him an apology, I think.

I told my wife to take some pie, you see that was my mistake I should have said leave some pie!

I am so grateful for the 'DO NOT EAT' warning message they leave on the side of a packet of silica.

Every time I open my new box of trainers, that little packet of dust found inside just looks so f.king scrummy!!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers,

Better this morning Mick now that my house is back to an appropriate temperature. It wasn't fun stepping out of the shower yesterday looking like a Smurf - it was way too cold in here :H

I have no kids scheduled (so far) today so I am going to take myself out to Curves, stop at the supermarket then see what develops for the rest of the day. Still can't plant anything outside due to freezing overnight temps, oh well. I'm glad your garden is growing

Greetings to everyone, let's all have a great AF Thursday!
    I'll check in later.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,allergies are worse this morning,off to Sprouts before work to see if they have the hylands,i never knew they made an allergy concoction,thanks for the info,funny thing about Sprouts is everything is organic,they have every supplement you could think of,but they sell wine and beer?now i could see some fancy-shmancy organic beer or foreign beers but just regular ole'bud light and such highly overpriced,i wonder sometimes sheesh,i watched Louie for a bit yesterday while Kell ran some errands,he is all boy i swear the more of a mess he makes the happier he is! he was obsessed with the dogs water bowl,i buy that kid so many toys and he plays with the dog dish,what a monkey,i'm ready for easter,i bought the kids some candy and a small ham,i dont care for leftover ham so a small one will be enough,now leftover turkey i could eat for weeks,im not coloring eggs either,well maybe but i hate hard-boiled eggs,but hubs will eat 'em,hmm maybe we will do that,it might be fun for Louie,for about 2 minutes haha,well off to get ready,where's Det?
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hidy ho ABeroooos!

still here and gloriously AF happy to say, just been a doosey of a week. a friend of mine was in a jam so 3 of us total unloaded his ENTIRE house to a storage unit. good grief! I'm already so sore from my own moving. strangely I feel pretty darn good. I've been really careful with my diet lately and it's paying off.

Pauly, I reckon a dog dish makes a fine toy! us boys act like furry animals anyhow.

Lav, glad your getting our of smurf mode! it's downright warm here lately...be nearly 80 today.

Mick, thanks for the nice kickstart. enjoying my coffee with butter in it (really). yep I'm a weirdo for sure.

hoping for a more quiet day today.... be well everyone
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi all - thanks re the post, I was worried that it was a bit harsh
          Doing good today and off tomorrow for a long weekend - Friday day with youngest, oldest one home Saturday night, the Easter Sunday lazy day - will enjoy this weekend for sure!
          At work, off to a meeting - just a quick check in...
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Butter in coffee????
            I'm back from work looking forward to 4 day weekend,TV and fish n chips tonight.
            Lunch on Saturday for birthday pressure,you get a peach belllini with food,worried already, there is talk of prosecco at the weekend as well.need to be strong and remember why I don't drink
            one day at a time

Comment

Just stoppin' in to say HEY! All is well...
              Chef Robaire
              Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
              Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

MAE ALL...

Popping in from work too. Everyone must be winding down for Easter. I've got a 4 day weekend as well. We take every opportunity to close the building.

Mick...not planning anything for the weekend, other than my Dad visit. Maybe I should do my taxes now that they've fixed the government bug. I'll think about it.

Lav...still can't plant here either except it's due to freezing daytime temps! Hope you had a good day.

Pauly...hope you find a solution to your allergies soon.

Det...good to see you. If you're not busy next weekend I've got some stuff I need moved.

SL...you're sounding good today too. Now I might have to go check out your other post. Have a relaxing weekend.

Bear...you can do it. Just think of us when things get dicey.

Chef...Hey back.

Happy Easter to all......PPQP

Comment

Bear - stay on track for the weekend. One belleni - after a whole two weeks of staying sober is going to set you back. Enjoy the food and coffee and juice instead.

as for the prosecco - think about an alcoholic drink that you absolutely hated (we all have at least one) and think - what does this sparkling wine have in common with that other drink - yes its AL. Thats what gives the prosecco its kick. It would be nothing without the AL - and when it comes down to it - all AL drinks whether the most expensive champagne or cheap gut-rot port - are appealing because of AL. The rest is fancy packaging, a multi-million $$ industry and misery for so many. (I forgot the scintillating company that comes with drinking - haha!!).

Or just ignore it all. Probably the best solution rather than dwelling on it!

Comment

Butter in coffee?hmm,what the heck Det
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Snowfall warning an hour west of me!

Comment

PPQ...love the pic! It's been cold here....but I realized I was complaining and it was actually 61 degrees! It was a fantastic day weather wise.

I don't know about anyone else....but one thing that keeps me from drinking is remembering the horrible anxiety it caused me. It wasn't caused because I felt guilt....it was simply the chemical reaction caused by al. I would be guaranteed horrible anxiety the next day. Then comes the zillion other reasons to not drink. Even on my toughest day sober....I don't have that level of anxiety anymore.

I recently met a girl who is newly sober....but, absolutely crushed that her Mom will not attempt to get sober. She felt like her mom simply did not love her enough. Our group had been talking about our kids and she was under the impression we had gotten sober for the kids. When reality smacks you in the face, I came to realization that I got sober for extremely selfish reasons. My kids benefit, but if they had been the source.....let's face it....I would have done it years ago.

Addiction is such a horrible thing.....that it can even transcend love. The lies that addiction tells you is frightening. That you really are not hurting them. How many times did my kids think that I didn't love them enough to stop drinking? No wonder the "insane" word is thrown around a lot when it comes to addicts. Because there is absolutely nothing sane about it.

Comment

I totally agree with you SF about the anxiety thing - it was awful
                          The little moments that I may feel a touch anxious now are easily chased away with some mindful breathing, a nice guided meditation. I will never miss the crippling anxiety I dealt with for years!!

PPQ, that poor bird :H
                          Yeah, the heat is still on & nothing is blooming outside but a few daffodils but at least it's not snowing I really hope you don't see snow PQ.

Det, my gall bladder hurts thinking about butter in coffee man :H
                          Glad you were able to help your friend!

The allergens are getting to everyone here despite nothing much blooming - strange
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TheSunFlower;1650318 wrote: I don't know about anyone else....but one thing that keeps me from drinking is remembering the horrible anxiety it caused me.
                            I'm right there with you SF. Great post.

Comment

Lavande;1650336 wrote: The allergens are getting to everyone here despite nothing much blooming - strange
                              Oh what I'd give to have allergy season start here. :H

Comment

Working...
                              X