Good Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Friday

mae all...how are we doing today?all set for Easter are we ....all the easter eggs been bought...shopping been done as if there is gonna be a siege for the next 3 days?:H

righty ho ..this is a quicky...up and moving furniture already...as I said decorating and changing lights.....oh and the sun is out cracking the flags!!!!

so without further ado ...lets have a brew.

evening tt ..you not flown off to the exotic wherever you are going yet?have a great time..keep in touch..how long are you away for?

hiya Det..how are you? butter in coffee?ye gods...quite interesting tho..that dietary seminar I went on for transplant patients..advocated a small portion of butter over margarine ..even low fat ..because of the processes they use ..heating and adding various unseen toxins!!you any plans for today?

hiya Chef....happy easter to you ..glad all is well ...

ppqp....wow you aint doing so well in the weather stakes at the mo ..big brew here to take the chill off...have a great visit with your dad ..over the period.....and dont forget some you time..whatever you do!

morning bear how are you?sounds like a pretty thin ice rink to be skating on there!!! personally I wouldnt bother prosecco..mmm yes please ..I love Italian ham :H

hiya Pauly ..how are you today?hows all the family doin? you sorted everything out allergy wise yet? hope everything goes ok for you all..

hiya SF...great post again..how are you? talking to my mate yesterday..he is thinking of heading to New Orleans next year ..so might be asking you for ideas!! as far as drinking goes ..gotta be an individual thing ..that you realise not that someone bangs on a drum about to you..the decision has got to come from yourself..for instance I dont drink...Julie does,get the same old same old ..wish I could stop, cut down etc etc..and et she will then say no I dont have a problem ,I just like a drink..think we have got to realise ..that there are some people who can take a drink and stop ..unlike us who immediately head for ratarsed .com!!The other thing you have to be careful of..is setting yourself up as some kind of (and I use the term very loosely)wild west preacher man!!this is about me..what I believe the way that I have taken..so I aint gonna jam it down your throat ....happy to help anyone who asks ..thats why we are here ..but I aint coming knocking on your door!

hiya SL....how are you this fine Easter tide?wow those temps sound hot!!you have hit it on the head...reasons why you want to give up and then ok so what will I do about it..bang off we go...

right peeps time to go ..brew over get the dust sheets down ...have a good one ...and also everyone not here...simply jump in for easter and let us know how you are doing..good bad or indifferent!!..

:wavin::wavin::wavin:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Friday

Hey Mick, I'm gonna ask for a different drink,or booze free one.simples,that way I story the circular thinking about all of this.woke up at held seven today by cat,went in spare room then had to be woken up at half eleven! Lazy lounge day bit of laundry and few things to do for roller derby team and gym sesh to fit in.I need to reestablish my routine,it was good but have lost focus for last few weeks it helps me to keep depression in check and helps me to stay sober and feel fit and strong

Have a great day everyone
    one day at a time

Comment

Good Friday

God the predictive text on this tablet makes me talk s**t,half seven,not held seven and I stop the circular thinking,not story it.
      one day at a time

Comment

Good Friday

morning all
        starting to feel a little tired here. Farmers' market yesterday, survey today, then another market Saturday. Sunday, suppose to be moving furniture out of my father in law's house, it has sold and his "kids" are dividing stuff up. He passed away a couple of years ago. Another chapter closing and the sense of moving on. This will be the last of dealing with estates for awhile, I hope!

hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Friday

Good morning Abbers,

Cloudy & a chilly 39 degrees here - not very spring-like!

Sam. hope you can find some time to chill soon
          Over extending myself, trying to do & be everything to everyone all my life really helped me to the stage of making some bad decisions long ago, I won't go there again. Hope your weekend is good

Mick, so you have all the sunshine & warmth huh? :H
          Good for you, enjoy!

bear, don't overthink stuff. All you need to do is not drink AL - end of story

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF day for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Friday

Mae everybody,short and sweet right to the point Lav,just dont drink.i like iti found the hyland's yesterday,seems to work,but im starting to wonder if i have a cold,its too hard to tell the difference! anyways that was a great post Sunflower had on yesterdays thread,but i'm still wondering about the butter coffee haha,hope everybody has a good friday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Friday

British Easter eggs, nothing quite like them - and hot cross buns I hope too?
              Well done Julie for a good holiday shop - that's the way it should be!
              Glad you found the Hylands Pauly
              Butter is the best without a doubt - I will not have margarine in the house! As for coffee though.....ummmm......NO!
              Found a new source for fresh eggs, off to check it out today - Sorry you are so busy Sam, but folks like me so appreciate bring able to get fresh, real, good produce - so thank you! I hope my find today works out!
              Lying in bed with my first cuppa - trying to do this on my phone for first time! See you all later.
              Have a great Good Friday all
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Good Friday

MAE ALL...

Started with snow then rain then snow now nothing. Cloudy and overcast. Good day for a crock pot full of stew me thinks.

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and you take it easy with those lights, you know what you're like on ladders.

Bear...thanks for clarifying the typing, you had me wondering.

Sam...morning. Don't let yourself get too worn down. We do appreciate the farmers markets though. May be the only place I get fresh veg's with all this snow.

Lav...morning and thanks for the wishes. Right back at ya.

Pauly...hope the hyland's is the answer you could use a break.

SL...fingers crossed your find works out.

Have a great AF Friday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Good Friday

ppqp...ladders was fine...bought 2 lights...got them home ..one was faulty..had to take it back to the shop....but heres the crunch ...literally!!!..went out to the car,noticed kids coming up the road,there was also a car parked across the road opposite reversed out,and turned to come out of the drive ...still watching for the kids and the car behind ...bang hit the post and ripped the back bumper off ...felt sick as a parrot..lotsa f words believe me..contacted the insurance..its easter so they aint fully open till Tuesday...my insurance excess is ?450 so thats what it will cost me..oh well its done boo hoo...on the bright side didnt even think of a drink!!plus the lights and painting looks good
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Friday

Aloha Friday ABeroooos!

Mick, so sorry to hear about the car damage, you sound pretty chipper though which is good. good call on saying NO to margarine. our own FDA lied to us for decades about it being a 'healthy' fat even years after the research proved otherwise. arg!

Bear, so glad you're choosing rollerderby over the boozage...good call!

going to be very warm tomorrow fencing in 80 degree sunshine! must remember sunscreen this time...

SL you found some local 'ranch' eggs? you will love them! I just cannot buy store eggs anymore.

well, I think it's time to start a curry

be well peeps
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good Friday

Ouch Mick - that hurts, on all counts!
                      Well, I took today off to spend with the youngest whilst her big sis is still away, and we were discovering the farm stand together - I have chosen to wake her up now - 5pm!! I am a huge believer in the power of sleep, especially on growing bodies - so if they can sleep in (not often) I don't wake them. We went to be at 10pm last night - good grief - so no fresh eggs today Det - and I am a huge fan of fresh eggs, spend a lot of time trying to find a source. Will have to find another day. Got nothing done as waiting for her to get up - read a whole novel, no idea when the last time I did that.

Comment

Good Friday

SL, open the refrigerator in my garage & you'll find an extra 10 dozen sitting there just waiting for good homes :H
                        Isn't it amazing how a kid can sleep like that? I don't think I sleep that much in an entire week!!!

Mick, so sorry about your bumper
                        I just love the way we can go thru these traumas & not even consider drinking. We are all awesome

Hi PQ, Det, Pauly & everyone.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Friday

I have a very good home - they would be very happy here! It is unbeliveable how hard they are to find here - people are happy buying pretend eggs with cream coloured yolks from the store here. Every so often farms try to be small businesses then they go out of business - even the farmers markets don't have eggs:upset:
                          I do believe that if a kid sleeps that long, they need it - their bodies are going thru so much! I will just have to do errands tomorrow when she is at the ranch instead of my walk. We are going to Old Sacramento tomorrow afternoon before heading to the airport to get her sister - she has missed her big sis more than she realised she would
                          We are all awesome Lav - and it is nice when we get reminded of how far we have come - just doesn't need to be so drastic Mick!

Comment

Good Friday

Mick....I think choosing not to drink is a personal decision. I would never push that on anyone. Much like being vegan, sugar free or any lifestyle choice someone makes. Re...Julie....if I read correctly.....my hubby seems to be under the impression that "once in awhile" wouldn't hurt. Haven't we tried that already

I think people mistook my comment on the kids. If kids were the primary reason....I would have gotten sober much sooner. Kids were always an element in wanting to get sober.....but, I certainly would not have carried on until they were 10 if my love for them was stronger than addiction. That is the power of addiction....it lies to you, convinces you that you are not hurting anyone you love. If love was more powerful.....nobody would die a drunk. If love was stronger than denial, I would have seen much sooner....

My new acquaintance needed to hear that her mom's lack of getting sober....had absolutely nothing to do with her. Addiction is powerful. It lies, lies and lies. Not only to you.....but to those you care about. Whispers in their ear..."if your mom really loved you she would not drink".

How many times did I think I was relieving my anxiety by drinking.....for the love of God....I wish someone would have put me in a straight jacket. That would have been less painful than the anxiety.

Comment

Working...
                            X