Good Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Saturday

mae all...and how are we today?yep its good Saturday..well for me it is ...simply because Friday is over :H so how are we all today then?ok .I hope ...still decorating today ..but the most of it is done...had a proper look at the damage I did to the car...complete bumper renewal..small bend in whel arch and tailgate to come out...thats it..trouble is because it is colour matched thats what will take the time..looking at the approved reepairers rates..?45 per hour?? whats that all about..

ok on with the show...

morning bear ...and how are you today?how did it all go last night then ..ok?

morning Det ...oho out fencing today? yep get a hat on in that heat mate!..you need to get one of those ones with the big feather coming out of it ..like the 3 musketeers!! on the al front well done..

hiya SL....how are you today? doing good? great ..you will find as time goes you will discover lots of things that you used to enjoy coming back..not "big deal"things..like reading a book..things that have been destroyed in the past..plus the biggest of all..you are in charge not a p.xy bottle!!

hiya Lav...how ar you today? ok Anything planned over easter? was going to say have you got easter eggs..but think we will sack that one :H brew time ..you want/need one?yes it is strange ..if a couple of years ago I had of done that with the car...first thing drink ..and secondly blame everything/body in the world for it!!! the upshot is ..not paying attention to where I should have been ...and I had a cup o tea after !!

morning SF....how are you?yep agreed ...it is a personal decision and choice ..tho sometimes those choices are not as informed as they could be!!you any plans in the home of music over the Easter?

morning Sam ...how are you today my friend? do I detect a touch of sadness in that post?if so chin up mate..go play a coupla toons before you start out

hiya Pauly...glad you got the stuff you need ..so what are you up to today then?is hubs off for the hoilday?any plans?

hiya ppqp ...how are you today?boy you sure are getting a dollop of rubbish weather!!like the pot o stew idea...come to thing of it ..like the pot of stew!!:H you going to your dads today?have a nice time..and yes Im up ladders today..so watch this space ....out early doors tomorrow too.

right peeps off we go...tt wherever you are ..thinking of you..

have a great easter everyone ..mines been smashing so far :H

David Cameron stung by jellyfish'

"I felt the slimy spineless creature come into contact with me before feeling a sickening pain" said the jellyfish.

My mum doesn't like me reading books by Stephen King, so she ripped up my copy of 'Christine', and threw it in the bin.

But it was back on my bedside table this morning, in pristine condition.

I went to join an internet forum called Saveyoumoney.com, but right at the end of registering they said it was ?40 to join.

I thought "no way", but a day later I got an offer on email to join for the once-in-a-lifetime price of ?20.

So I've only just joined and already saved what it cost me.

I can't help but feel Kleenex have missed a trick not sponsoring Oscar Pistorius during his trial.

"The writing's on the wall." I said to my wife.

"What on earth have you done now?" She asked.

"Not me,you," I said," I can't believe you've left the kids unattended with a set of crayons."

Paddy: "I had a dream about your wife last night wearing stockings and suspenders."

Mick: "Fair enough Paddy but If you don't mind me asking. Why were you wearing stockings and suspenders in bed?"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Saturday

Hey all lovely evening,watching game of thrones and walking dead, did half hour at gym and ate quite a bit of Easter chocolate,by time Easter Sunday comes here I'll be off it totally! Taking old cat to vet,have bad feeling it may be the last visit, not really eating,sat in own little world and very thin,he is on appetite stimulants,but they don't seem to work anymore.had all tests for nasty stuff recently and none of that,just worried it may be the end. I've almost accepted it,then after we have birthday treat meal,at least it will be a distraction.fingers crossed I am wrong. I love my boy but don't want him to suffer,if he is.

Apart from that,drinks and poker with leaving friends,diet 7up bought, its low key and six of us and skating tomorrow, I will also drive over to put bells on it.
    Happy Saturday everyone,sorry to hear about your car Mick.
    Booze won't help any of this stuff for me.
    one day at a time

Comment

Good Saturday

Morning Y'all....Happy Easter!!
      Chef Robaire
      Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
      Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

Good Saturday

Good morning Abbers,

I haven't done a darn thing yet except sit with my feet up & drink coffee. I blame it all on my early rising beagle - I just wasn't quite ready to get up :H:H Oh well!

Mick, I hope your car is going to be OK & your wallet as well
        I am especially cognizant of what I am doing when I'm transporting the kids. It's the other drivers around here that worry me the most.

bear, don't OD on chocolate bunnies this weekend!!!

Hi Chef! I imagine this is a busy time for you in the food world!

Greetings SL, SF, Det, PQ, TT, Sam & everyone!

I think my son & family are coming for dinner....sometimes it's hard to tell with them. He is taking a promotion test for work today, I hope all goes well for him. My DIL is finishing up her master's degree in a few weeks so they are both seriously distracted these days, understandably.

Have a great AF Saturday everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Saturday

MAE ALL...

Blue skies and no clouds so far and if temps hit +12 as predicted could melt some of this snow around here. Well at least till Tues when the next round of precipitation is forecast. Hopefully it'll be warm enough to just be rain.

Mick...thanks for the kick-start. Is your car drive-able or are you on foot now. Could mean your early out tomorrow is really really early. Yup down to Dad's and hopeful some fresh air today.

Bear...I am so glad I'm past the sugar craving stage. We operate an Out of School Care program at the centre and you should see the chocolate around work. Everywhere you turn! Fingers crossed for the Vet visit.

Chef...morning and Happy Easter to you.

Lav...sometimes it's nice to be up earlier than usual just for that reason. Feet up, drinking coffee and surfing MWO. Enjoy your day.

Off to get my first cuppa, have a great AF Saturday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Good Saturday

hiya ppqp...yes its driveable ...possibly on a short distance ..but not on a 240 mile round trip..which is tomorrows game plan...have a great visit
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Saturday

Mae everybody,Mick,sorry about the car,sheesh it is expensive to get that stuff fixed,someone tried to steal my car last July,underneath the door handle is all bent but ive yet to get it fixed,its barely noticable and im sure theyd charge alot to fix it,SF,you are right my kids begged and pleaded with me to stop drinking,i just thought i was having fun,drinking makes us selfish you can love your family so much but an addiction is addiction,hope everyones saturday goes good
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Saturday

Ahoy ABeroooooos!

Mick, that's robbery. you can't get it fixed by the vendor of your choosing? good grief mate.

Bear, good 'pre-planning' yer night for AF fun!

SF, i can relate to the previous post in so many ways, this addiction stuff is a sick bastard. the way it links to the 'survival' mechanisms in our brains gives it remarkable power over our better judgement. the only defense once sober is just to hold the gate.

Mick, not to worry about the sun anymore, found a great hat!

FA47 - Fabri Armorum Murmillo Gladiator Helmet - $619.95

well crappo... fencing is cancelled today. guess I'll make an extra trip to storage and keep packing. my old AL voice would love this opportunity to say 'heck with it, grab a couple bottle of vino and relax'. nice try butthole.

off to make romantic breakfast for two

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good Saturday

Quick check in, busy day - off to get #1 Daughter from airport, will stop on way with #2 daughter for a little toursity shopping and supper - put green dot on calendar in advance, permanent marker, so my dinner out wine is off the table!
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Good Saturday

hi Guys well it's Sunday here but it will be Saturday soon as we are travelling back in time on our way to hawaii - at airport now and stayed last night in hotel.

What a madhouse. daughter has lost her retainer brace and some of her meds. can sort out the meds. As I have some emergency stuff for her but brace I am not so sure about. Then I have lost all go my power adapters, electrical bits and bobs. Essential for my work. Have bought some now but will mean a trip to the Apple store in Honolulu and maybe to the emergency orthodontist. Hope insurance will pay for that.
                    All done while completely sober!!! So like Mick if I had been drinking there would have been double regrets and blame.
                    Really sorry about your car Mick.
                    Det - with car insurance in NZ we have to go to approved suppliers and it's bloody expensive if there is even tiny prang. My partner did that last week but it's not worth doing at the moment as the insurance excess is $300 plus we loose more $$$ every time we make a claim.
                    Is this an AL thread or an insurance thread:H???
                    Good on you all for staying sober. I seem to have lost my chocolate desire which was pretty minimal anyway.
                    happy Easter bunnies and eggs. Not sure when I will next be posting. Staying in a condo in Honolulu but don't think it will be too flash. Clean I hope!

Comment

Good Saturday

Nice helmet there Deter :H
                      Looks a little heavy though!

TT, sounds like you need to bite the head off a chocolate bunny or two - go ahead :H
                      I hope the condo is decent enough for you. Travel safely

SL, I know you are focusing on your girls & there's no wine in sight!

Hi Pauly, how's the allergies?

I hope everyone has a cozy AF night - keep an ear open for the bunny!!!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Saturday

Mick....Do You Know Where Your Bunnies Are???

Comment

Good Saturday

PPQ ......snigger!!! That is a bit......hmmm
                          Got my daughter back, and was so grateful & a tad amazed that she still has her retainer and phone charger! I feel for you TT! Hope the condo is very clean - is your daughter with you for the while trip??
                          Lav - there was wine in sight, and in temptation - but I am home and AF, so feeling very content!!
                          See you on Easter Sunday
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                          X