thurs april 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thurs april 24

mae all...and how are we today then?ok I hope...weather nice n sunny again today,although the weekend is supposed to be rubbish so lets see tea and coffee on the go

mornin tt ....glad to see you, tho doesnt sound like too much fun...isnt it strange..you think of all these exotic places but in the main they are no different from where we are...and in some cases worse because we have got used to our own ways of life!!glad no al thoughts...keep your chin up and just that way people dont know whether you are mad bad or sad!!

hiya ppqp ...brew time ...how are you ? yep managed to get the rabbits back in...with a piece of digestive biscuit...they love it!!!dont know how much the damage will cost..still at the assessment stage..lot of finicky paintwork to do..got a courtesy car tho,so can zoom about a wee bit...well praps not zoom!!!what are you up to?

hiya lav....so wheres it today?the zoo ,the gardens ..youre getting about a bit!!got quite a lot of jobs to do ..but they are all wee jobs inside ...and the sun is shining!!just let my coffee go cold ..need to make another...you want one too?

hiya sam...hows the bees doing?always fancied keeping some bees ,but think that falls into the same basket as the chickens..garden isnt big enough..so you'll be plenty busy just now then?

hiya det....good on you mate well done on making it back in one piece!!!

SL...how are you today?sounds to me like you are doing pretty good...yep as others have siad its all about brain training...you get to the point of yes or no ...and no seems the natural option..dont get me wrong ..every now and again you get the "mm fancy a beer" but thats about it..even now in certain situations I think of having a cig...but then its gone..or maybe thats just me ...anyone else have the same sort of thoughts..the main thing is..I know that I am no longer dependant on al and can dismiss those thoughts very easily..even looking at and picking up whisky and favourite beers from the past doesnt strike any chords!!

hiya pauly ..hows you doing?

right folks offski......see you all later have a good one

"I want you to move your border away from my troops" Vladimir Putin

I was asked at my job interview where I saw myself in 5 years time.

I couldn't tell them.

That is why I didn't get the job as a fortune teller.

I went to see my doctor this morning.

"Some bastard decided to graffiti my house last night!" I raged.

"So why are you telling me?" he asked.

"I can't understand the writing," I replied, "Was it you?"

I see the U.S. will provide financial aid to Ukraine if the leaders confront corruption.

Because if anything stops corruption, it's bribing someone to stop corruption.

Jos? Vega Santana, AKA Remi, Puerto Rico's Greatest Clown was killed today, along with six of his fellow performers when a fire broke out in their dressing room shortly before a show.

Sources have said the fire began as just a small blaze, but they kept throwing buckets of paper over it.

Two polar bears were walking across the ice when one said to the other,

"We've been walking for hours now. If we don't find a woods soon I'm going to sh.t myself."

I went to a book shop today and tried to buy a book titled, 'How To Get Out Of Debt' but I couldn't.

The woman at the till wouldn't accept my credit card.

I dropped my daughter for her first day at her new school today and got talking to some of the parents at the gates.

I told them 'My daughter can read, write her own name and can count up to 100'.

They weren't impressed.

It seems it the least they expect from a primary school teacher.

I went to a modern art exhibition today.

I spent hours looking at the paintings trying to work out whether they'd been vandalised or not.

My wife was complaining that it was too dark in the kitchen so I told her to turn the light on.

I'm full of bright ideas.

"It's Saint George's day." Said the wife. "You have to show your 'Englishness' today."

"Tut! Utter rubbish."

"Well done, keep it up."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

thurs april 24

Hi all. I am feeling much more alive after a lovely swim and divine cheesecake.
    Micks right about how the desire to drink goes with time. Heaps of booze where I am at the moment but no interest here. Very different to my last visit to hawaii when I was drinking so much. That was at a conference and it was awash with AL.

Very Sorry to hear about your cat Bear.
    SL -hang on in there with your teenager. Part of the problem I have here is negotiating my daughters feelings. She is trying very hard to be mature (and to her credit is very helpful to me) but every so often she is the little girl, teary and uncertain about everything. Not rebellious but emotional.

I still haven't caught up with all others but will look in when I can.
    Only Wednesday night here but I am thinking its Thursday:H

Comment

thurs april 24

Hi all. I am feeling much more alive after a lovely swim and divine cheesecake.
      Micks right about how the desire to drink goes with time. Heaps of booze where I am at the moment but no interest here. Very different to my last visit to hawaii when I was drinking so much. That was at a conference and it was awash with AL.

Very Sorry to hear about your cat Bear.
      SL -hang on in there with your teenager. Part of the problem I have here is negotiating my daughters feelings. She is trying very hard to be mature (and to her credit is very helpful to me) but every so often she is the little girl, teary and uncertain about everything. Not rebellious but emotional.

I still haven't caught up with all others but will look in when I can.
      Only Wednesday night here but I am thinking its Thursday:H

Comment

thurs april 24

tt...nope...posting twice doesnt count as another days post!!!!glad youre ok
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

thurs april 24

Good morning Abbers,

Just a quick hello for now from stinky little boy land :H
          Brought a large coffee with Mick!!!!
          I will check in later, have a great AF Thursday everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thurs april 24

morning all
            off to DC farmers' market. Makes for a long day, I'll get home around 9-10 tonight, but it is fun spending time with my daughter. Had a great day yesterday... ending up going on the mountain behind my house marking my boundary line. Thankfully I am able to ride the 4-wheeler to the top as I'm setting posts along the line and can ferry them up.

TT, hopefully you'll enjoy Hawaii once you're rested up. Glad you're not tempted to drink. I have a wedding I'm going to in June which I'm a little apprehensive about, old school drinking chums, but I've pretty much let folks know where I'm at these days, nip that type of pressure in the bud!

Mick, I think one of those garden beehives with the copper top would do well in your garden. Actually bees have been quite tricky to keep these days because of all the mites and other problems that have been beesetting them.

Lav, enjoy your child duties!! It is nice that they're returnables!!

have a good AF day folks.
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

thurs april 24

Returnable rugrats Sam :H :H
              Great concept
              Enjoy the farmers marke nice weather today!

TT, enjoy yourself & send pics please

Ok, off child duty & heading straight to Curves now :H
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thurs april 24

double dipping today with you ABeroooooos! since there are two threads we can have twice the fun

Sam, enjoy the market. I just looove farmers markets. I really need a rolling cart when I visit one as it's hard to hold 15 bags of produce AND a cup of coffee.

TTops, isn't it amazing how cold those ABC shops are in Waikiki? they must pay a fortune in air conditioning.

Lav, just march the boys outside and hose them down. they might remember to be a little more tidy!

got so much to pack/organize/fix on the house still. egad what a project. i think we're going to be a bit late to get it listed but I'm not going to allow myself to stress out about it.

arritey... back to the grind.

be well peeps
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

thurs april 24

Hi all - two posts to pick from - silly busy work day again....keeps me out of trouble thou:H
                  Gldd to see all are having a good one - TT, you sound much happier - hope it continues? Thanks for the note about your daughter - mine is not rebellious either, and she is a sweet kid, just does not get the work done for school I just can't work it out - she wants a career, but does not seem to get what she has to do to get there....
                  Happy its Friday tomorrow...see you all later....
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                  X