AF Sunday 27 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Sunday 27 April

Hi there everyone. No it's not Sunday in hawaii but I couldn't resist jumping the date line. We did go up Diamond Head yesterday Det and it was a bit of a climb :H:H but great view. lovely swim in the blue pacific afterwards too

Lav - I will try to post some pics but I have to figure out how to compress them or something. last time I tried to post it didn't really work.

glad to see that most of you are doing well. lovely pics Sam.

I guess mick is on his jaunts today.

And hello to SF,SL, PPQP, bear! as well. Pauly too if you are checking in.

We are off to Hilo on Sunday and I am super anxious as I will have to drive on the right hand side. I have done it before and it made me very tense and nervous. On top of that trying to navigate our way around Hilo. It all sounds simple but it's not when you are not that experienced in right hand driving.

Anyway better try to get some sleep. This place (Waikiki) is so noisy.

AF Sunday 27 April

ye gods ..where did you come from????how are you tt? glad things are ok for you..sounds like you had a good hike .dont worry about driving on the right..its easy ..we do it all the time!!here you go cuppa t for you and anyone else thats needing t n coffee this morning.

hiya Sam...whats on today?out egg collecting?certainly enough garden to play in!!

hiya tawny .how are you today ? welcome what are you up to?

:wavin: dtd and how are you today? seem to be following you all over the gaff ..have a lekker day!!

Even molls in here whats goin on? take over job?how are you doing?

hiya Lav ..how are you doing today? any chance of getting into the garden yet?whats the weekend got in store for you today then?terror towers?? here you go ..brew before they turn up...

hiya Jane 27 how are you?didnt realise so many people looked into this fred...whats the weekend doing for you?

hiya ppqp ....how are you...isnt it weird how small this world becomes? youve got snow tt is in the sun ..unreal isnt it ...here you go one large brew..to go with your bacon n eggs.what are you doing with your day?

hiya sl ....nae ribena??oh no!! how are you doing then? glad you never got too many calls..have the girls noticed any change since you quit al?I know Julie did when I sacked it..so whats on the cards today then?

hiya Det..buenos dias...what are yo up to today then ..shiftin furniture again?Ribena....its blackcurrant cordial...

here it is

hiya SF wowee how are you??seems not that long ago since we were discussin people peein in the pool ...and here we are again!! Interesting point about those not working having time to recover ...double edged sword that one ..it also gives you more time to think ..and also the little voices in your head too!!and unemployed through non choice would bring its own pressures too..what are you doing in the music capital today then?

right peeps rabbit hutch cleaning out time and then repotting tomato plants so off we go

pauly ..how comes you aint posting any more?

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted, I wish I had a puppy or maybe a penguin

What is worse than April showers?

Prison showers.

I bought my little boy a trampoline for his birthday. He was over the moon.

Bounce on that f.cker was far stronger than I anticipated.

I've Invited people round for a dinner party tonight and some git just asked me if I had a 'vegetarian option'.

She's now sat eating Rice Crispies in silence.

My dentist said I've got bad breath.

I was talking to someone in the waiting room at the time.

I knew my position as chief exhibitionist at the art gallery was in jeopardy when the curator told me to put some clothes on.

UK's only deaf church to close.

It must be a sign of the times.

My mate started up his own Business making Tennis related Jewellery.

But now he's been arrested for Racketeering .

My wife's had to give up work because of her obesity.

We just couldn't afford the packed lunches any more.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

Im off again for a while,can't decide what I'm doing and age old problem of too many goals.
      Health wise ATM smoking and my weight need to be my priorities, wish you all well and thank you for all the support,and especially this week.
      one day at a time

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

Good morning Abbers

Sunny but chilly here, whatever!!!

TT, glad you enjoyed your hike
        I'll never get to Hawaii so please put your pics on Photobucket, paste the link here & share with us!!!
        I feel for you having to drive on the 'wrong' side of the road. I've never driven on the left side & don't think I would even want to try at this point :H Be careful but have fun too!

Mick, I will be outside planting 5 new blueberry bushes this afternoon. But I'm not doing all the work myself so I'll wait for YB to make an appearance

bear, I swear by sleep hypnosis to help with smoking & weight loss. Just let those recordings play while you sleep, let your sub-conscious do the work! I have some good CDs around here somewhere.
        I will be celebrating 5 years smoke free on May 19. I honestly still think about the little buggers almost every day but I won't start smoking again - that was my final quit

SF, it's amazing to hear you are sitting by a pool. You'd be turning blue if you tried that around here :H
        I'm not in my shop working every day but I am usually busy doing something. Idle time means too much 'thinking time' for me & that has led me into trouble in the past. I think we are all better off being too busy to dwell on stuff & risk the chance of blowing things out of proportion - does that make sense?

Greetings to Det, PQ, Sam & everyone! Where is pauly?
        Have a great AF Sunday everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

lav ...my favourite fruit!!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

TT....Hawaii is amazing....though on Big Island I thought maybe I was in Japan. Loved the North Shore side if the island. Maui is my favorite. Slow, but still enough to do. Word of caution....don't try driving around Maui on the outer edges. We found ourselves in dangerous territory. One lane road, two way traffic and a huge cliff on one side. When it says don't go any further...turn around. However the road signs had to be some of the funniest I have ever seen.

Lav...I know too much time on ones hands can be dangerous. Guess I just wish I had more down time. Maybe what I really need is simply for my brain to stop being so busy.

Mick....no peeing in the pool yet....water is quite cold....it would be rather obvious what one was doing

Started this Miracle Morning thing. Loving it. Off to yoga, pool then meditation class. Lots of enjoyable downtime today.

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

Pauly is not with me in hawaii. :H:H
              Good luck with the plant things Lav. My partner likes to plant berries and then never harvests them. Go figure

Thanks for the coffee Mick.
              I miss my coffee plunger and really strong coffee- moan moan. Love the macadamia nuts here though.

I personally don't think recovery has to be at the expense of doing other things. Maybe for some but I am of the opinion that it can be integrated into a changed 'normal' lifestyle. People are recovering all the time from all sorts of things. I also think that there can be an obsession with trying to be perfect. We are all immortal and flawed but we are all humans with lots of potential. That's just my 2 cents worth.

All the best Bear. Maybe don't try to do it all at once. Little steps. No one can loose heaps of weight overnight or become super fit in a rush. But they can stop drinking overnight. If they want to or really have to.

ok time to get ready for the next stage of my adventure. Will be seeing some lovely old work friends and hoping to worship at the volcano of Pele! Rain forests and lava here we come!

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

Pele ..was he not a Brazilian footballer???:H:H:H

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

TT - Kona coffee is supposed to be really good - try and find some, I know it is a usual on peopels wish list to bring back Don't anger Pele - she can be not nice, make sure you leave her Lava there.
                  Ribena is ordered - I like it as I can drink it really dilute, and that works for me - there are very few concentrates here...
                  I have my fresh eggs- they are pretty, different colours and sizes, just the way they should be. Some fresh strawberries, advocados and local honey too - well chuffed I am. Fruit stand is a little out of the way, but maybe I can manage once a month or so - still wiating for my delivery of mushrooms, eggs and honey from Sam thou...
                  19more hours of call - this is a tough week/weekend - making lots of miracles which is very cool - but makes for busy times
                  Did a life expectancy quiz for retirement planning (was cool to put no to alcohol questions - that was a first) - says I will live to 88, and if I cut back on work can get to 91...hmmm, wonder if I should take this idea to the boss???
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

Checking in to stay accountable....up to my eyeballs in a lawyers brief :nutso:

TT....SL is so right on. I fell in love with Kona coffee....

:hallo: to all...will check back later.....PPQP

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

happy Sunday ABsters from sea to shining sea.....

taking a break from inhaling copious amounts of dust in the shed. hack...wheeze...

TTops, have you been brave enough to try any of the local cuisine? I'm really not a fan of what the local Hawaiians eat in modern times....too much rice and mayo...ick! and too much spam also. They have some weird things like spam misubi which looks like a giant nasty piece of sushi gone all wrong.

Pauly, you round somewhere?

haven't had any sugar at all in approx 3 months and today the thought of ice cream hit me out of the blue. Resisting the temptation to drive to the corner store....

that ribena drink looks interesting...does it have sugar in it? I used to get organic 100% pure blueberry juice and it was VERY bitter, but mixing with some pellegrino really made for a nice AF beverage.

yesterday I made a crazy wild rice salad with pulled pork, cilantro, garlic, onions, fresh pineapple, red and yellow peppers, tomato, olive oil and freshly toasted and ground cumin seeds. yummy! my buddies wanted the recipe and didn't believe when I said I just made it up. which is true.

well, here's to a tasty AF weekend to everyone

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

Love rice salad! Sounds yummy.
                        There is a sugar free version of Ribena - the main version does have sugar, and a lot in a normal serving, but a normal is too strong for me.
                        Daughter #1 off to see War at the local Asparagus festival - youngest is staying here to be bullied into finishing her homework assignement - only one set of tears so far, sure more to come and at this rate they will be mine!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

AF Sunday 27 April

I have to tell you SL - I do not miss those tear filled homework assignments :H
                          My kids weren't too bad, it was me :H

I am going to have lots & lots of blueberries in the next few years - maybe I'll invent an AF drink without so much sugar

PQ, I hope you have crawled out of the lawyers briefs by now

Det, we should plan a pot luck dinner - your dish sounds good!

One more nice day ahead then four days of rain, oh well.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X