friday 9th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday 9th May

Lav, I strongly believe that meditation and visualization are powerful tools for overall health. if that bothers you then please enjoy the straight science:

from the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (exhaustively referenced so you can check all the sources).
    http://www.jpands.org/vol10no3/colpo.pdf

5-part series by the British Medical Association debunking the cholesterol/heart disease idea
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&v=XPPYaVcXo1I

Dietary Carbohydrate Modifies the Inverse Association Between Saturated Fat Intake and Cholesterol on Very Low-Density Lipoproteins

i never would have bothered to study this type of material if it weren't for some dumb luck that went for me. A very highly acclaimed cardiac surgeon befriended our family when I lived in Hawaii (I was doing the Mediterranean diet at the time). he runs a huge practice and has seen inside the bodies of people pre and post-op for many decades. to make a series of long stories short he told me plain and simple that blood cholesterol is almost totally useless as a metric for atherosclerosis or heart disease of any kind. Maybe your family doctor has an even higher pedigree of experience but I'm going to guess that's unlikely. I care about you all and would love to see us all at our physical and mental best. Please do your own research, get input from multiple sources, and don't take someones advice just because they have completed a series of college courses a long time ago. the hard science has changed in the past few years and it takes dedication and discipline to stay on top of it.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

friday 9th May

incidentally, the author of the first study lost his own father at at 55 due to heart attack. this prompted his research.

Lav, please realize my intention is not to call out your doctor as an idiot. not at all. I just want to propose the critical importance
      of systemic inflammation as a real indicator of morbidity where blood cholesterol has sadly failed.
      Thankfully a simple inexpensive dietary change can dramatically help folks with that, and they can verify with
      an inexpensive couple of blood tests such as CR-P and interlukin5 (pardon spelling, going from memory)
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
      X