firsday twenty tooth ov may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mae all ...and how are we today?all chirpy hopefully as we head into the weekend...pouring down with rain this morning ,so glad I manged to get the conservatory roof cleaned yesterday..

on we go then tea n coffee on the go ..anyone want anything else??nae booze here tho!!

hiya tt ...how are you today then?well was it an ice cream day yesterday again or not?hope you are taking plenty of pics..are you managing to get out and about and see a bit o the world!

hiya Pauly..how are you today?feeling any better?sorry about your neighbour,but good guy ,wrong crowd..makes no distinction to a shooter..glad your bougie is doing well..we have just had the scenario with the pink petals, got lots of cherry blossom trees outside shedding them all over the place.hey we are well on the way with the coffee drinking

hiya Sam...well did you wake up in time or another lie in?means that the body needs it mate...garden is doing brilliant..snail and mouse problem now sorted out fingers crossed .hows the new swarm of bees doing?they settled in ?

hiya SL........Well DAY 91 it is for you..excellent..heres one for you..have a look at your earlier posts and compare them with now ..see if you can spot any change..I definitely can.
    you have done well keep it up :goodjob:..pity garlic doesnt like you ..got some big bulbs of it growing.

hiya ppqp..how are you?that is apart from the @?>
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning to all!!
    another day at bedrock. Going to DC doing the market there this afternoon. Hope it was better than the last one, which was very slow.

Mick, bees settled in nicely and doing well. Finished building the 2nd super and frames and hope they need it this weekend. I do 2 deep brood supers, then start adding honey supers. Clover starting to bloom now as is the poplar trees.

Off to meet someone hauling gravel for our drive way, he wants to sure he can cross our bridge!

Hello to everyone and a have a good one!!
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning Aberoos. Sounds like all are busy and trotting along. Glad to see you got your roof done Mick and you sound hectic Sam - yep a good sleep sometimes is in order.
      Hi there to everyone else too.

Visited Niagara Falls yesterday and went on the boat trip. It was fantastic. I have seen the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe (not gloating) - Niagara was different but still blew me away. (not literally haha!). Went with a friend too which was lovely. A visit to a winery was part of the tour and that didn't bother me at all. That part was pure hype and rubbish IMO.

And a special revelation last night. Met up with some colleagues at a fancy but low-key bar (not a sleazy one) and I had a great time. I had sparking water - not everyone was drinking AL - and AL was expensive anyway. I didn't stop once to ponder on what others were drinking - just launched into a lively conversation - I felt normal!!! Left after almost 2 hours - really surprised the time went so fast as usually when I am around drinkers - I watch the clock. This is not going to become a habit but it was really pleasant.

Hope that your holiday went well Lav. Are the spring flowers out yet where you are. Some here in Toronto - but not a lot (by I hate to say it NZ standards). The trees here are still struggling after the winter.

Big hello to PPQP and Pauly as well and SL and SF.

Catch you later and have a great day. I think its clear that being sober does not condemn one to a life of misery and boredom. These things still happen but they do not have to be dependent on drinking or not drinking.

Comment

tt youve nailed it in one!!as time moves on in al life,you find that the alcohol is immaterial and it is more of a focus on your surroundings and conversation ,rather than how quickly we can all get shedded and talking swahili with east German accents!!!the objective becomes the having fun rather than the drinking..
        Pauly heres my little bougainvillea I am trying to save its showing signs of improvement today

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,it looks pretty good,better than the stick i had last year haha,TT,you sound amazing this trip is agreeing with youSL,congrats on 91 days,i'm super proud of you and yes envious,glad you've enjoyed your trip Lav,Det,that guy with the shakes makes me feel sad,i've been like that before i'm ashamed to admit,pathetic,Sam,i'm with Mick,if your body wants to sleep it probly needs it,i wish mine would sleep in! hurricane Louie was such a grouch yesterday! totally not himself,hope he's not getting sick,maybe just in a mood,alrighty off to fix myself up for work,bleh,have a good Thursday my friends
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - you can do it - I have been jealous of people for a few years now, and really did not think I had this in me - but just goes to show - come along, it is good!!!
            Thanks for the nice, steady, quiet support here, just what I needed - great people who are serious about this, who care!! Can't ask for more.
            Hoping to get exit interview today - this audit is the government audit - in two weeks we have our industry review board audit! :upset: Be ready for a break after that (better than being ready for a drink - I like this)
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
            X