Thursday 29th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday 29th May

mae all ...and how are we today then? all ok I hope? thats grand..pouring down with rain today ..no one told the big fella upstairs its not June yet??

if it fairs off ..then may get something done in the garden ...apart from that its spraying furniture polish and moving ornaments!!:H

tea and coffee on the go now ..this is my third cup so far...

hiya Sam how are you today then ?still a busy bee..ok I thought it was funny!!..just thought it was a bit weird using sand on that culvert..its not known for is water resistant properties!especially under force

morning Lav...no work ?? whats that all about ???here have a dog flavoured coffee!!!you want to borrow this spray Im whizzing about the place?

hiya Pauly ..hows things with you today?glad little Louie is ok..purple locks etc ..hey never mind the kids ..dont think I would go near her :H

hiya TT Hows Sam Franks today then ?ok I hope ..nice of them to get you a decent brew wasnt it?your time has passed pretty quick hasnt it ..soon be back to the land that time forgot standing on your head!!:H

hiya Det ..how are you today?all ok hey that sounds dodgy....I did a thrust on wet grass, slipped, and ended up unexpectedly doing the splits ..where was the sword whilst you were thrusting?? :H oh yes diy is fun ..me Im trying to learn plastering and tiling ..more chance of floating stones!!

hiya SL ..how are you today?..yep that joke isnt too far from the truth in more ways then one ...remember as a kid having several "discussions " with the cops back home...on several occasions remember ending up with sls ...singing lug syndrome!!off call Friday morning..does that mean you are off work or just off duty on call?

well quite a few lurkers judging by the number of veeyooze!!jump in say hi..for the locals that are missing big shout...righty ho have a great day everyone.

This girl on the bus was talking very loudly into the mobile glued to her ear.
    "Excuse me," I said. "The whole bus doesn't want to hear your conversation."
    "Chill out man," she replied. "I is jus' rappin' wiv me bro innit?"
    I felt really guilty. If I'd known she had learning difficulties I wouldn't have mentioned it.

A guy saw a commercial for lose 5 pounds in 5 days. He called the number and the next day a tight 19 year old wearing nothing but a pair of Nike's shows up. She starts running and says, "When you catch me you can have me." This happened over the next 4 days. The man weighed himself and had lost 6 pounds.

He called the number back and asked for 10 pounds in 5 days. The next day a smoking hot brazilian model shows up wearing nothing but a pair of Reeboks. She starts running, saying "when you catch me you can have me." Again, this happened over the next 4 days. The man weighed himself and had lost 12 pounds.

He called the number one more time and asked for 25 pounds in 7 days. The operator tried to talk him out of it telling him how rigorous it was, but the man insisted. The next day a 400 pound greasy homless looking man shows up wearing nothing but pink nikes.

He said, "Run, when I catch you, you're mine!"

The man lost 40 pounds that week.

I got caught trying ladies underwear on in Marks and Spencer.

"I'm trying them for my other half," I told the guard.

"OK, I thought you were just a pervert," he sighed.

"Oh no, Dave just thinks I'd look sexy in this," I said.

I was ecstatic when I heard that One Direction's Zayn and Louis were seen getting stoned.

Then I got really upset when I realised they were just caught smoking drugs.

Why do the Muppets talk funny?

You would too if you had an arm stuck up your ar.e
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Thursday 29th May

Good morning Abbers,

I'm ready to go for my 3rd cup of coffee Mick!
    My Swissy decided to start the day at 4:45, unfortunately. I'm about ready to shove her into a nursing home just so I can get some sleep
    The rest of the dog contingent has been out as well & is now napping - I'm not :H

I'm not even sure what I'm doing yet today, we shall see. Too damp outside to do much. The veggies are enjoying the moisture that's for sure

Greetings to everyone today. Let's all have a fantastic AF Thursday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thursday 29th May

:bday3::day5: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SL :bday7:

Hope you have a great day
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thursday 29th May

Mae everybody,well Happy Birthday Miss Scottish Lass,thanks for the heads up Lavshoot hubs made the coffee to strong,i feel like a tweaker! he doesn't messure it with a cup or anything just spoons in the grounds til it looks full enough in the filter,too mucho today,Det,there's no worse feeling than doing accidental splits,it happened to me a couple of weeks ago at work,i slipped on wet hair,ouch,Kell went to the viewing yesterday for our neighbor who was shot last week,i was gonna go but i take it too hard,i'd be crying and stuff so i just watched Louie for her instead,Mick,my bougie is dying!!! i don't know what happened,overwatering?the wind blowing all the pink thingies off?ahh,i'm pissed,i give up on all outdoor plants in this place,i'd probly even kill a cactus! well off to get ready,hope everyone has a good Thursday,love you all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thursday 29th May

Morning all!!

Happy Birthday SL!!!! Hope you enjoy your day to its fullest!!

culvert operation complete, Mick, that wasn't sand, nothing but good ol Virginia red clay. He used a packer on it as well.

Morning Lav, got some rain going here today as well, not sure it is worth the drive sit in the rain at the farmers's market in DC.

a fantastic AF Thursday sounds like a good time to me!!
          best to everybody!!
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thursday 29th May

Morning - Thank you Lav and all the abbers, you have become dear to me, and are a HUGE part of what I think maybe my first sober birthday!! I have managed a few Christmas's, Thanksgivings etc - but not this one, so that will make sure I can enjoy the day to the fullest.
            Having lunch with a friend - I am not the lunch sort of gal, but this is making me smile....
            Will check in later I am sure, have a good day for me Lav, Mick, Sam, Pauly - and those yet to come - TT, SF, LB, Det, PPQ and everyone else...
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thursday 29th May

MAE everyone - my last day in the Strange Half of the World and in the US.

:bday7:
              Happy Birthday SL. Hope the girls spoil you - although I know kids can be sort of a bit hit and miss with this sort of thing. Its always best not to get our hopes up too much.

I am really enjoying this part of the trip. Maybe cos I am on the last leg; maybe because I am busy and having fun times with lovely people - old and new friends. AL has not been an issue here at all for me - the only thing was last night when the person I was getting a ride in the car with had a couple of glasses of wine over the evening. But they ate a lot and are large in build and it was over several hours. Still it got me nervous - I don't want to be taken out in a drink related accident now!

Beautiful weather in san Francisco - warm but not too warm and not humid.

Lav - I was a bit worried when you mentioned the dog smell that it might be because of the return of YB but I gather that is not the case.:H

Mick - looks like you are in for unpredictable weather.

Pauly - some plants are just not meant to be - grown in certain places. I have really bad luck with plants - and I count that among the lesser of the things to agonize over in life. But we often want to grow something different. I think of bougainvillea as a tropical plant - although it grows in other places - but it likes lots of sun and also I think it needs the rain. But not too much.

Well the rest of you all have a lovely Thursday - what remains of it. Soon I will be at the start of the new day and confusing you all with my posts:l

Comment

Thursday 29th May

Wow TT
                you been having a nice long get away. When do you return home?
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thursday 29th May

TT - THANK YOU - I got bent out of shape with Mothers Day, and am trying to keep my persepctive around today - one managed to shout Happy BD to me as she was half way up school drive, the other when she was brushing her teeth:H
                  You picked the best weather to be in SF for sure - so nice to be in the same place as you :l

Pauly - I can't keep them alive either, and I can keep some plants alive - they thrive on the coast, so I think same as TT - needs a bit cooler than we have, and more moisture...
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thursday 29th May

Yeah,i had one when i lived in San Diego and it thrived,but i see them around here and my neighbor has a big,lush one,think my thumb is just brown
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thursday 29th May

MAE ALL....

Been a busy day but thought I'd better pop in and say :hallo:

And of course have to say :bday3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SL :bday3:

Home from work just to turn around and head to a meeting. Will check in with you all in morning....PPQP

Comment

Thursday 29th May

Hey - there you are PQ
                        Next time hang around for a cup of coffee, OK? :H

TT, wishing you happy & safe travels back home!

SL, if your kids are like mine they will get old enough to buy you nice gifts. Then they have kids of their own & are suddenly too poor to get you nice gifts :H I'm sure they mean well!!!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thursday 29th May

late night greetings ABerooos!

ScottishLady, super happy Birfdy to ye!!!!!!!!
                          I'd make a special haggis but it would be my first...prolly not a great gift

sore and tired today but trucking right along.

will have more energy tomorrow me hopes

be well zzzzzzzzzz
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X