Monday AF 9 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday AF 9 June

MAE folkies. Eyes here getting sleepy and I must have some wind-down time. I have just finished an annoying work-task and think I deserve a treat now.

Mick – you better come back soon as we girls have been discussing too much watery business in swimming pools. Trying to cheer SF up. It sounds horrible SF.

Pauly – saw your comments on one of the threads about home detox. I agree with what you said – but I could also see why there was a post warning about the lethal dangers of detox. Many of us here on this thread did not do medical detox – but some have I think. I didn’t and my reactions to quitting were mostly mental – ie mood, irritability, bad dreams, broken sleep although I did have some sweats for a few nights if I recall. But there are many folk who should be medically supervised and most need someone to be near them at the start.

How’s the hols going SL? You musnt use your girls being away as a way for AL to get a peek in. You would be so disappointed and you can imagine the effect on them. But you aren’t going to go there and if you get tempted at all POST POST POST.

Sam – glad you had a great time at the wedding. Aint it great to go out, even stay up late like the big kids and still have a clear and full day the next day.

But Mick – I think you have been staying up too late. You need to sleep more.

PPQP – great that you had a good weekend with your Dad. Hope the covering for the boss lessens soon.

Det – where are you?

Finally Lav – have you been to Longwood yet this summer? Are the temps getting higher like they are in many parts of the US now?

Well you all have a great Monday – I am off to beauty sleep soon for Tuesday.

Monday AF 9 June

hiya all ..just thought I would jump in and see how everyone is ..feeling a bit done in at the mo..but apart from that ...pouring down with rain here today..as for the debate on pool peeing..hmm unless they are standing there "fireman hosing it"...look for the least active of the party ..its kinda hard to pee and do other activities ..so look for Mr nobody!!unfortunately there isnt any such thing as a urine detector for pools yet!!

have a great day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Monday AF 9 June

Good morning Abbers,

Kind of dark & damp here today, going to be one of those weeks.
      Hi TT, thanks for starting us up today! Glad your work is caught up, at least for now
      I did go to Longwood Gardens with a friend a few weeks ago, time to go again before it gets too hot outside. We have had an unusually long Spring season here this year after an extra heavy duty winter. I am totally grateful for it too

Mick, hope you are OK! You are unusually short on words lately
      Maybe you can develop a pee detector for swimming pools while you're stuck inside waiting for the rain to stop :H

Greetings to PQ, SL, SF, Det, Sam, Pauly & everyone!
      Have a great AF Monday one & all!
      I'm off to Curves to get my day going in the right direction!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Monday AF 9 June

Mae everybody,what's wrong Mick?feel better soon,TT,i only responded on that detox thread cuz i've read too many newbies coming in who are freaked out about withdrawal,i understand he was only explaining the difference between home and medical detox,tiring weekend for me,just alot of running around,slept like poop,dunno how today is gonna be,dang,hope everyone's day is good
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Monday AF 9 June

Hi all - girls gone and its HOT here!!
          102 right now - willing to share some Mick....
          TT - you are spot on - I still have the post 100 durge - and girls off, of course I got worked up - Dad lets them down all the time - he was only 2 hrs late after he told me he woudl be here at 8am promptly ready to leave, so getting teenage girls up on first monday off - then to have and wait till after 10 got my knickers in a heck of a twist...
          TT - I am determined not to fail at this stage, thanks for the offer to post, post, post - I will, will, will
          Hi Lav and Pauly....Mick:l:l
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Monday AF 9 June

and I am always here if you want to PM me SL (or others). Can't promise that I will respond immediately though

Comment

Monday AF 9 June

I am around too SL
              Don't let the action (or non-action) of someone else dictate your response. We can continue to drink AT people until the cows come home but it won't change them.
              Just reach out to one (or all) of us if necessary!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Monday AF 9 June

That includes me too SL...I'm never too busy to be there if needed. :h

Mick..."done in" and rain...good time for me time. :l I can sure relate to the done in
                Take a break and dream about what your going to get for "Papa's Day" :H And we're all waiting for Lav's cake on July 4th :yay:

:hallo: Pauly and TT....off to do the dishes....PPQP

Comment

Monday AF 9 June

heya ABeroooos!

greetings from the nuthouse, furniture piled all over the front and back yard making ready for carpet cleaners. and thanks to my insane schedule I'm back in hotel-land tomorrow and poor Dx will be stuck at home alone during the cleaning. oh well, she's very capable.

well, I can handle being over my head busy so long as no hangover involved. for that, I'm truly grateful.

Mick is missing? uh oh.... time to dispatch a search party?

oh nice, someone stole my trailer hitch and I have to tow the trailer tomorrow. egad! hope your all having a less hectic day!

be well peeps
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday AF 9 June

TT, Lav and PPQ = thank you, from the bottom of my heart! I will not let you guys down...I know I should feel that I shouldn't let myself down, but one of the reasons for where I am today is the respect of all of you - when I feel weak, you guys provide the motivation!
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Monday AF 9 June

scottish lass;1670100 wrote: TT, Lav and PPQ = thank you, from the bottom of my heart! I will not let you guys down...I know I should feel that I shouldn't let myself down, but one of the reasons for where I am today is the respect of all of you - when I feel weak, you guys provide the motivation!
                      Same reason for me SL...:h

Comment

Working...
                      X