Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday May 28th

Hello Everyone.
    Well, I got up early and went fishing today. (Holiday here.)
    I drove for about an hour and a half to Dunbar, a small fishing town near Edindurgh, fished that for a while, then I decided to see if I could find an out-of-the-way place. I could see cliffs about 10 miles away and decided I wanted to fish there. I followed a tiny road as far as it went and walked about two miles with my rod, trying to get within casting distance. I'd just got close enough when the rain came on and I got soaked. I found a little shelter and just sat thinking for ten minutes. There was a time. not long ago, that if I had a day off and Susan was working and the forecast was for rain, I would just cancelled my plans, bought a bottle and wasted another few hundred brain cells. Instead, I had a few hours relaxing fishing and found a beautiful, wild bit of Scotland that few people would have seen, and I'm home early enough to make Susan's dinner. Not everyone's idea of a good time, but I loved it. I'm just starting on my new life, but I like it.
    Thanks for all your help.I love it here.:h

Monday May 28th

Popeye you make me so jealous with your discription of that fishing trip, but I am so happy for you as you seem to be doing so well now.. That is what this place is all about, getting your life back together again and helping others along the way..

In September the old man and myself are going to Scotland for a weeks holiday, not too far from you as it happens.. Its a coach holiday and we are staying in a hotel in Callender.. Hopefully we will be visiting Sterling, The Trossachs and Loch Lomond.. I've been that way before and its one of my favourite parts of the country, just hope the weather is ok, although I never let bad weather bother me, as a matter of fact I quite like walking in the rain, must be the Irish blood :H

Well Popeye keep up the good work you have done on yourself and before long you won't be walking along the path of soberiety, you'll be running along it at full speed..

Take care, Love from Louise xxx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Monday May 28th

Good morning Popeye, Irishlady and abbers to come ... that was a lovely story Popeye, finding a little-known beauty spot on a rainy day. Reminds me I need to get out for some hikes before the heat will make it impossible. Well, I'm going to tidy up my desk before work today, do a little stretching, seem to have tweaked my back I think from doing too many Thai massages yesterday, which has never happened before. I was seriously craving alcohol this weekend, probably because I ususally would indulge after busy days. It's nice to have been getting high-quality sleep for the past month. Have a lovely day!
      "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Monday May 28th

Morning Pop, Louse & zin,

It's amazing how each day you choose to do things the AF way, realize you can do it and reap in benefits, be it small or large.

Not much going on here. Will be doing some yard work today with family. Happy Monday to all.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Monday May 28th

Top-o-the Happy meter AB-land!
          Popeye, that sounds like a good time to me
          good job y'all on the AF in spite of the holiday. I managed a barby-Q party last night with Dx and did just fine. Felt a little quiet and detached but no prob being AF. I'm so sore from Sat Jiu Jitsu and have another class tonight...well, once I do it I'm happy. Worst thing about a hard workout is thinking about it before hand. If I didn't travel so much I could just stay in shape and wouldn't have to be so sore...arg. I'll figure something out.
          Dx and I are going to a near by nature spot called Davis creek. Rugged hiking trails and a nice little pond and stream await....then ater a gruelling hike it breaks into a clearing with a view of our valley. with binoculars we can see our house about 4 miles away...so neat!
          Happy day me fellow AB-originees!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday May 28th

You are all inspiring and I am glad to be in your company. I am back on Campral and on Day 2 of abs. Not far a long the abs road but Day 2 is better than Day 1. I have done tons of yard work this week-end and have a lot more to do. Off to the nursery now.

All the best to each and everyone~

xoxo

Comment

Monday May 28th

Hi Popeye, glad you had a good bh monday.
              Still a bit worried about your ageing process
              though!!!
              Love Paula.

Comment

Monday May 28th

Hi Everyone -- it's been a pleasure reading the thread this morning. Really have nothing to add except I'm still AF -12 days. Got the stuff in the mail but not sure if I need to take the supps at this point? mmm

Take Care All --still holiday here but it's been a fun weekend.
                Padme

AF 21, March 2010

"First say to yourself what 
you would be; and then do 
what you have to do."
-Epictetus

Comment

Monday May 28th

Hi Padme, I took topa and supps as they are good for any side affects.
                  Always take just before eating, lessens side affects.Well done on 12 days.

Comment

Monday May 28th

Wow, you all are doing so well. This is a nice place to be. You guys give me hope.
                    Meow-Meow
                    MonaKitty

Comment

Monday May 28th

Popeye, what a brilliant day, how different your life is now, so pleased for you.

And you're looking completely different too::H

Comment

Monday May 28th

Popeye...

Very cool day...I too notice I am able and willing to do things that I just could not get the gumption to do.

Happy for your day and your success!
                        Control the Mind

Comment

Working...
                        X