Thurs 12th JUne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurs 12th JUne

mae all ..and how are we today then?ok I hope...just to start you off ...did you know that today is George Bush s birthday ..more useful facts from crap.com!!Julie had to go to a meeting at short notice last night so she is away for 2 vnights ..talk about mad panic time ..her car wasnt working properly so she took mine..fixed ..nothing dramatic ...warning light came on so when I asked which one..the brill answer ...THE RED ONE!!!:H..so its me n the wabbits.

ok on we go then ..t n coffee on the go.

hiya SL.....Bang there you go ..the bubble has burst ...peace shattered ,kids home, washing to do ..hey ho ..got it to do how are you today??nearly 4 months..wow time is going in...glad you are feeling good about it ..you should be..well done ..btw the longer radishes are really nice and peppery..dont know what Ive done but so was the turnip!!

morning Lav...how are you today ..shattered after grandson watching..or were you playing on the train too?any plans for today..or is it recovery time?ok sit yourself down with this brew.

morning Sam..how are you today then?ok ..thanks for the pics ...they are really smart..dont think how much I try Julie wont change her mind..hmm she is away till tomorrow night...now then I wonder..just like the dresses and stuff in the wardrobes..same answer ...its been there aaaaaages!! yep the plastic sheeting is sound..if you want to be reeely smart ,before you bend it run a section of the microbore irrigation tubing down the middle of it ..then silicon it in place, bend sheeting ,and when you have to water under it..connect up and let it do the biz!!

hiya tt ..hows the day for you then?writing writing writing!!if that brew is still going I will have one mines finished..hows daughter doing?teenage rebellion still going on? Stir fry?now then I love making that...put all sorts in it ...trouble is I dont write anything down so if its a good one ..then its a guesstimate as to what went in it!!

hiya Pauly ..how are you today then?ok I hope..still not sleeping?

hi ppqp..a day off whats this all about??Calgary will come to a standstill!!nope trips out have nothing to do with gardening!!!..heres a picture for you that my mate sent..was going to say do you recognise the area :H..its coming back into Suffield ..where they used to call the Dust Bowl..wonder why!!from the prairie..best sun tan I ever got was there...back in the days of Labatts blue!!

and ..oops!!!!wonder what the hand signal is!!

right peeps time to go ..have a good one stay safe n sober

I called 999 last night and said, "My wife has fallen unconscious in the kitchen, what should I do?"

"Just try and relax." he replied.

"Ok." hang on I said, taking a few deep breaths, "I'm relaxed."

"Great, are you in the kitchen with her?" he asked.

I said, "No mate. I was, but now I'm in the hot tub."

The International Space Station is flying over England tonight...

So if you're in Liverpool, expect some youth knocking your door trying to sell parts off it in the morning.

An advert for the world cup came on when my wife turned to me and said, "You needn't think you're sitting here for the next month watching football!"

"Of course not, babe," I replied. "I'll be watching it in the pub."

Knock knock jokes... Completely wasted on the homeless.

My wife was always saying how useless I am about the house. So, she bought me a simple cook book to encourage me to be more useful in the kitchen. But, after looking all through it, I said, "I can't cook anything from this book." She was a bit surprised and said, "Dave, all those are very basic recipes, simple stuff." "That's as maybe." I replied. "But every one starts with, "Take a clean dish..."

I love taking part in extreme sports.

One of my favourite is sitting in the passenger seat when my wife is driving.

Louis Van Gaal has stated that from August he will send every Manchester United player to Weight Watchers.

That way he can guarantee to accumulate points every week.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Thurs 12th JUne

Nite nite everyone. Time to get some beauty sleep. All well here except the weather which is blustery as hell you all have a great Thursday.

Comment

Thurs 12th JUne

Good morning Abbers,

Dark & damp here today, flood watches & the whole bit - swell.
      Hope my happy little veggie garden don't drown

Yesterday was exhausting but everyone lived :H
      The kids were excited with the new addition of a Thomas the Tank Engine play tent in the play room. Don't know how long the thing will hold up but it's providing a lot of entertainment for now.

Today is a catch up day for me. Starting off with Curves then back here to start organizing the two new freshly painted bedrooms.

Mick, do you miss your tank days?
      Can you buy a second hand tank to park in your yard? It would be a great conversation starter :H
      Hope the car issues aren't too bad!

SL, I was thinking yesterday about the pile of funky laundry after my kids were away at camp for a week. Good luck with that!!!

TT, I've been using udon & rice noodles in stir fries too!
      Going more & more gluten free has been an experience & making me feel better too.

Greetings Sam, PQ, Pauly, Det, SF & everyone.
      Wishing everyone a good AF Thursday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thurs 12th JUne

hey ho all
        a rainy evening and now morning greets us here in ol Virginny.

looks like a blast from your past Mick. I can't help but think of how loud the tanks must be.
        Thanks for the advice on the plastic. I your clime fairly cool throughout the growing season?

Morning Lav, you washed away yet? No farmers's market today!

howdy TT, PQ, Det, SL, SF, Det, Pauly, ET ALS!!!
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thurs 12th JUne

Mae everybody,just a quick hello,not much going on with me,i've been thinking of going gluten free also,they have so many products available now should make it easier,the only thing is that gluten shows up in a lot of places you wouldnt think of,crazy,have good Thursday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thurs 12th JUne

MAE ALL....

Mick...nope didn't know it was the Bush's Bday. Which Bush? Yup, spotted Suffield right off. For a minute there I thought you were showing us your Mystery Tours. You're not out reenacting war stories are you.

As Lav would say...greetings TT, Lav, Sam and Pauly. Off to see what's in the fridge for breakie. Will check in again later. Have a great AF Thursday all.......PPQP

Comment

Thurs 12th JUne

Howdy - weekend coming soon!!
              OMG Mick - not the red one, thats the bad one isn't it It does brighten the dash board thou!
              Enjoy your quiet bubble too then.
              Lav - left the laundry in the tumble drier - better be away by the time I get home. Daughter # 2 off to Washington on Sunday for a week - so #1 and I get some one on one time
              - doing a Lav - greetings TT, Sam, PPQ & Pauly

PS Pauly - not wanting to jinx anything, but I feel that you are doing well just now....:l
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thurs 12th JUne

well crap. not a good week for garlic breath. after a monumentally craptastic Tue I caved in and tried to drown my sorrows in the hotel lounge. succeeding in making myself very sick. sigh. day two again.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thurs 12th JUne

Det - sorry! The travelling seems to bite you....how can you shore yourself up?
                  Get yourself well, then make some plans to prevent it happening again?
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thurs 12th JUne

Very sorry Det - don't know what to say or advise except there is a bit of a pattern here. The work situation is not conducive to your long term health. When you start boozing again you seem to go all out and seek oblivion.

On a positive note you seem to stop quickly and pull yourself up. Also I hope its helping that you post here and the accountability surely must make a difference.
                    I just hope your partner Dex can handle this as she is under so much strain at the moment - as clearly you are too.
                    Look to try to steer a middle path maybe? Life doesn't have to be either manic or zen-like.

meanwhile eat well, get as much sleep as you can and don't beat yourself up. Just try try try.:h:h:h
                    And don't sit in hotel bars if at all possible anymore!

Comment

Working...
                    X