THURSDAY 19TH JUNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THURSDAY 19TH JUNE

Mae all...how are we today then?ok excellent..firstly a big well done to SF ...on her 12 months subscription to "no booze.com"..excellent work!!I see the spammers are still at it ....help Ive just discovered Im prego..oh well it def wasnt me that started that thread!!really warm over here yesterday,between 27-29 degrees..yes I know for some of you thats nearly arctic conditions but not bad for here...picked the outlaws upi from the airport ...plane was delayed ..an hour late so that kind of messed my plans up a bit!well here we are ..Thursday already ..where has this week gone?

tea and coffee on the go.

hiya tt how are you today then?ok ..if Heathrow is the worst ...then Manchester is a pretty close second!!hows the book writing going?had salad last night ..all out of my own garden ...loverly..didnt have fish with it tho ..had falfaels think thats how it is spelt.

hi Lav...well is it an extra big coffee today?how did you get on with the kids?especially in the heat? even the pool wouldnt keep them occupied all day did it?

mornin Sam..how are you doing ?thermostat till turned up is it?errm what the hell is a chigger?

hia Pauly..you doin ok today?me n you both ..not into salmon, lobster..prefer cod halibut..love smoked fish..got a little strawberry plant too in the front garden..also got normal sized ones..but the small ones are brill looking

hiya ppqp..glad you got my flowers :H....heres a brew to go with them..see just shows that you are appreciated still doesnt stop him from givin you a lift now and again ..even bosses are allowed to do that!...so all is calm now ..even Atilla cant cheese you off?have a good one.

hiya SL how are you doing?uh oh..how did the convo go about homework helper go?Id never have got away with that one ..didnt do my own far less help anyone do theirs!!and here you go...the whole sketch..dont say Im not good to you!!

Customer:
    Morning,

Waitress:
    Morning.

Customer:
    What have you got?

Waitress:
    Well, there's egg and bacon,
    egg sausage and bacon
    Egg and spam
    Egg, bacon and spam
    Egg, bacon, sausage and spam
    Spam, bacon, sausage and spam
    Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam tomato and spam
    Spam, spam, spam, egg and spam
    Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely Spam! Lovely Spam!)

Or Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce
    served in a provencale manner with shallots and aubergines
    garnished with truffle pate, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife:
    Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress:
    Well, the spam, eggs, sausage and spam
    That's not got much spam in it

Wife:
    I don't want any spam!

Customer:
    Why can't she have eggs, bacon, spam and sausage?

Wife:
    That's got spam in it!

Customer:
    Hasn't got much spam in it as spam, eggs, sausage and spam has it?

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam!...)

Wife:
    Could you do me eggs, bacon, spam and sausage without the spam, then?

Waitress:
    Iiiiiiiiiiiich!!

Wife:
    What do you mean 'Iiiiiiiiiich'? I don't like spam!

(Choir: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress (to choir):
    Shut up!

(Choir: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress:
    Shut Up! Bloody Vikings!
    You can't have egg, bacon, spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife:
    I don't like spam!

Customer:
    Shush dear, don't have a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it,
    I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans,
    spam, spam, spam, and spam!

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress:
    Shut Up!! Baked beans are off.

Customer:
    Well, could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress:
    You mean spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,
    spam and spam?

Choir (intervening):
    Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!
    Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
    Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam.
    Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
    Spam spam spam spam!

was a favour picking the outlaws up..we do it vice versa..they only live about 3 miles away in the next village...far enough just reading your comments about the teenage girls..very strange..considering Amy has just moved in with her boyfriend ..the are sharing a house together..you will find that those lats few teen years really roll by quick, school,uni degree work and her own place now..its almost like a compressed package ..and suddenly amongst all of this you have to realise that actually..she is growing up and attitudes have to change...I can honestly say ..Amy has the only one ever that has gone literally nose to nose with me and got away with it..when that happened ..was when I had to change too!!not that I am advocating that as a course of action!!

SF...what more can I say?apart from congrats..pity Kuya wasnt here now I used to laugh at some of the spats you two used to get into!!

right fellow spamsters...Sober People...Aint Moderatin !have a great day

In Spain, Juan Carlos has abdicated and handed the crown to his son King Felipe, whose wife is Queen Letizia.

F.cking hell, I thought she was a rapper.

My bank just called me because of suspicious activity on my debit card. They couldn't believe I bought a gym membership.

Apparently these are real answers from Quiz programs.

BEG, BORROW OR STEAL (BBC2)
    Jamie Theakston: Where do you think Cambridge University is?
    Contestant: Geography isn't my strong point.
    Theakston: There's a clue in the title.
    Contestant: Leicester.

PHIL WOOD SHOW (BBC GMR)
    Wood: What 'K' could be described as the Islamic Bible?
    Contestant: Er. . .
    Wood: It's got two syllables . . . Kor . . .
    Contestant: Blimey?

BBC NORFOLK
    Stewart White: Who had a worldwide hit with What A Wonderful World?
    Contestant: I don't know.
    White: I'll give you some clues. What do you call the part between your hand and your elbow?
    Contestant: Arm.
    White: Correct. And if you're not weak, you're . .?
    Contestant: Strong.
    White: Correct - and what was Lord Mountbatten's first name?
    Contestant: Louis.
    White: Well, there we are then. So, who had a worldwide hit with the song What A Wonderful World?
    Contestant: Frank Sinatra?

LATE SHOW (BBC MIDLANDS)
    Alex Trelinski: What's the capital of Italy?
    Contestant: France.
    Trelinski: France is another country. Try again.
    Contestant: Oh, um, Benidorm.
    Trelinski: Wrong, sorry, let's try another question. In which country is the
    Parthenon?
    Contestant: Sorry, I don't know.
    Trelinski: Just guess a country then.
    Contestant: Paris.

BEACON RADIO, (Wolverhampton)
    DJ Mark: For ?10, what is the nationality of the Pope?
    Ruth from Rowley Regis: I think I know that one. Is it Jewish?

GWR FM, (Bristol)
    Presenter: What happened in Dallas on November 22, 1963?
    Contestant: I don't know, I wasn't watching it then.

LINCOLNSHIRE FM PHONE-IN
    Presenter: Which is the largest Spanish-speaking country in the world?
    Contestant: Barcelona.
    Presenter: I was really after the name of a country.
    Contestant: I'm sorry; I don't know the names of any countries in Spain.

NATIONAL LOTTERY (BBC1)
    Q: What is the world's largest continent?
    A: The Pacific

RICHARD AND JUDY (C4))
    Presenter: On which street did Sherlock Holmes live?
    Contestant: Er. . .
    Presenter: He makes bread. . .
    Contestant: Err...
    Presenter: He makes cakes . .
    Contestant: Kipling Street?

BREAKFAST SHOW (RADIO 1)
    Chris Moyles: Which 's' is a kind of whale that can grow up to 80 tonnes?
    Contestant: Ummm. . .
    Moyles: It begins with 's' and rhymes with 'perm'.
    Contestant: Shark.

JAMES O'BRIEN SHOW (LBC)
    O'Brien: How many kings of England have been called Henry?
    Contestant: Well, I know there was a Henry the Eighth. . . er . . . Three?

CHRIS SEARLE SHOW (BBC RADIO BRISTOL)
    Searle: In which European country is Mount Etna?
    Caller: Japan.
    Searle: I did say which European country, so in case you didn't hear that, I can let you try again.
    Caller: Er . . . Mexico?

PAUL WAPPAT (BBC RADIO NEWCASTLE)
    Wappat: How long did the Six-Day War between Egypt and Israel last?
    Contestant (after long pause): Fourteen days.

DARYL DENHAM'S DRIVETIME (VIRGIN RADIO)
    Denham: In which country would you spend shekels?
    Contestant: Holland?
    Denham: Try the next letter of the alphabet.
    Contestant: Iceland? Ireland?
    Denham (helpfully): It's a bad line. Did you say Israel?
    Contestant: No.

STEVE WRIGHT IN THE AFTERNOON (RADIO 2)
    Wright: Johnny Weissmuller died on this day. Which jungle-swinging character clad only in a loincloth did he play?
    Contestant: Jesus

NATIONAL LOTTERY (BBC1)
    Eamonn Holmes: There are three states of matter: solid, liquid and . . ?
    Contestant: Jelly.

THE WEAKEST LINK (BBC2)
    Anne Robinson: In traffic, what 'j' is where two roads meet?
    Contestant: Jool carriageway?

QUIZMANIA (ITV)
    Greg Scott: We're looking for an occupation beginning with T.
    Contestant: Doctor.
    Scott: No, it's 'T'. 'T' for Tommy. 'T' for Tango.
    Contestant: Oh, (pause) Doctor.

BIG QUIZ (LBC)
    Gary King: Name the funny men who once entertained kings and queens at court.
    Contestant: Lepers.

TALKSPORT
    Andy Townsend: How many wheels does a tricycle have?
    Caller: Two.
    Townsend: The Beatles were known as the Fab...?
    Caller: Five.

MAGIC 52 (NORTH-EAST ENGLAND)
    Presenter: In what year was President Kennedy assassinated?
    Contestant: Erm...
    Presenter: Well, let's put it this way - he didn't see 1964.
    Contestant: 1965?

FAMILY FORTUNES.
    Presenter : Name a bird with a long neck?
    Contestant : Naomi Campbell

Presenter : Name a dangerous race?
    Contestant :The Arabs

Presenter : Name something that's red?
    Contestant : My Nan's Cardigan

If the human population held hands around the Equator, a significant portion of them would drown
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

THURSDAY 19TH JUNE

Morning Mick - pretty flowers. Garden looks good.

Hi there to everyone else too - I am so tired. Daughter is having homework hassles too - not because of any 'helpers' - just getting the damn assignment finished in time. This will drag out over the weekend :upset: and have to be squeezed in between other commitments.
    I may go nuts as I also have my own 'homework'. Meanwhile G. is trying to trace a bug on a website (not MWO) - so all 3 of us are staring at computers and trying not to be grumpy-bums!

Det - I hope you listen to all the advice this week. Sounds like Dex is also spot on - so listen to the wise woman.
    Catch you later - my Thursday is now in a shroud of darkness and its bloody cold outside!!!

Comment

THURSDAY 19TH JUNE

Morning to all!
      Market in DC today, should be nice 'n toasty in the concrete jungle. Dang bull went visiting neighbors' cows yesterday so I spent the day fixing fence. Think I lost 5 lbs just sweating.

Morning Mick, I love it, a spam musical. Perhaps it may be the only way I could watch an opera, spamopera. Chiggers are tiny mites that live in the woods and bite/cause a really bad rash. Google them, you'll see they are nasty little critters.

How you be TT? I know that feeling of the stare zone zombie feeling of looking at a computer. Hope you find the bug. Computer chigger??

Hope everyone is doing well... gotta run
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

THURSDAY 19TH JUNE

Good morning Abbers,

Slept like a dead person last night after an exhausting day with two stinky little boys yesterday :H
        They didn't leave until 9:30 last evening - geez!

Thanks for the coffee Mick & keep it coming please
        It was so brutally hot & humid yesterday so staying outside for long periods just wasn't an option. I kept running the kids in & out then down into their basement play area for the train stuff. It was just a busy day!!! Your flowers look great!!

Sam, I hate the chiggers too! They love hiding in the tall grasses & weeds around here & cause some nasty & intense itching You need to wear a hazmat suit when working your hayfields!! Did your bull have a lot of 'fun' yesterday while visiting???

TT, can't say I miss worrying about kids & their homework problems. Just know that it will be over soon enough & everyone will live :H
        Hope you get some rest & don't wear yourself too thin!

PQ, nice gesture with the flowers but wouldn't it be nicer it people would just treat each other with kindness & respect every day? Am I asking too much? :H

SL, your daughter is having the same weather in DC that I'm having here. I envy kids & their ability to quickly adapt to just about anything!

Greetings to Det, Pauly, SF & everyone!

I need to get my day going & try to get that damn Monty Python Spam tune out of my head :H
        Have a great AF day all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

THURSDAY 19TH JUNE

Mae everybody,Mick the bougie looks great,it's come a long way since you first got it,some little critter is taking bites out of my flowers,perfect little bite marks,i wonder what it is?Kell says caterpillars,maybe?raising teenage girls hmm,i had 3 all at once and really they weren't too bad,it's my 16 year -old son we're dealing with now,but he's a great kid,it's just hard with boys cuz you want them to have that perfect balance of strentgh and compassion at the same time,don't want him to be an asshole or a wimp,hard to raise a man,ugh woke up feeling great but groggy,wth?well off to get ready,have a good Thursday everybody
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

THURSDAY 19TH JUNE

Morning SPAMers - I like that Mick - sober people; ain't moderating!!!
            - Pauly - caterpillars or snails. My plants all have same, but no evidence of caterpillars, and lots of snail trails.
            Lav - kids on way to NY today - they sent a photo of the bus and all you can see are feet in the aisles, I think they are all sleeping - spoke to her yesterday and she is pretty wiped out! We have good hot weather here with very little humidity, so that works.
            Sam - was the bull helping with homework???
            See you all later - have a great Thursday...
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

THURSDAY 19TH JUNE

SL,i don't think we have snails in Vegas,the heat would shrivel them haha,i am tired with a capital T! we were a girl short at work and the other girl was doing hi-lites so it was just me being a cutting machine,ugh,and i gotta watch Louie later,i hope he's in a good mood
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

THURSDAY 19TH JUNE

ahoy fellow ABeroooos!

greetings from my 3rd hotel room so far this week. gak! trying not to lose my mind here.
                trying to put out the feelers for a new job without word getting back to my bosses.

SPAM? not quite paleo LOL
                special purpose assault meat?
                seriously putrid anti-matter meat?

well, hotel in wine country last night was very nice until about 11pm when all the drunk 'tasters' started coming to their rooms banging about and making big noise. arg!

still have to run out here at 6pm and do one more late sales call. I'm one tired puppy.
                wishing you all an AF and SF (spam free) evening
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

THURSDAY 19TH JUNE

Mick;1673410 wrote: hiya ppqp..glad you got my flowers....heres a brew to go with them..see just shows that you are appreciated still doesnt stop him from givin you a lift now and again ..even bosses are allowed to do that!...so all is calm now ..even Atilla cant cheese you off?have a good one.:H It was just really nice to have him acknowledge my efforts. You should have seen "Atilla's" face when she saw them. :H

treetops;1673422 wrote: Hi there to everyone else too - I am so tired.:l Remember the "T" in HALT.

Samstone;1673484 wrote: Computer chigger??:H Hope the market went well.

Lavande;1673489 wrote: PQ, nice gesture with the flowers but wouldn't it be nicer it people would just treat each other with kindness & respect every day? Am I asking too much?
                  Is that a rhetorical question?

scottish lass;1673560 wrote:
                  Morning SPAMers - I like that Mick - sober people; ain't moderating!!!
                  I think we've found a replacement for MAE :H

paulywogg;1673686 wrote:
                  SL,i don't think we have snails in Vegas,the heat would shrivel them
                  Yup you do, I've ordered them off the menu. Hope your Thursday went well.

Determinator;1673743 wrote:
                  SPAM? not quite paleo LOL special purpose assault meat? seriously putrid anti-matter meat?...wishing you all an AF and SF (spam free) evening
                  :H Now you've done it. I'm going to think Spam Free every time I talk to SF.

New attitude adjustment at work yesterday wielded us a win in our company group lotto.
                  The 8 of us can now enjoy the weekend $300 richer.

Have a restful evening.....(no more smiles left) PPQP

Comment

Working...
                  X