TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

mae all..how are we today then?..all ticketty boo?glad to hear it ..havent looked to see if the spammers are still at it.wowee another hot one for us yesterday 28 degrees!!doing the world of good in the garden....suddenly realised that its only 10 days till we go away on holiday eek!!
    got a bit of painting to do on the garage roof..so probably get up there before it gets too hot..

ok on with the show tea and coffee on the go at the moment .

hiya Pauly...how are you doing?Im about as good as you with blood tests....think I will go after holiday is over!! dont know what is eating your boogie..have a look at this site see if it rings any bells

Pests & Diseases - Bougainvillea Growers International

hiya lass of Scottishness....and how are you today then?all ok in your world? think all Ill get with my liver is a pound of onions!!:H..you have a great day..

ppqp..how are you this fine day then?doing good?glad you had a good vist with your dad..nope never bought nowt from the junk shop..theres lots of things we want,especially if the kitchen is going to look oldey worldey..you know all that stuff we chucked out years ago!!!but its kind of like buying the seat covers for the car you havent got yet!!so you still not guessed about the sunday trips? on another one this sunday...no Julie ..this is one of my proper ones...hows the bossess chair fitting?ok ...and heres a brew ..grovel grovel!!

morning Lav..how are you today then?ok I hope..isnt it funny where all the nickname or nom de plumes come from?heres a wee pressie for you.....as well as the brew..you need to let me know how the tests went

hiya Sam the snake charmer ..and how are you today then mate?ok ..have you checked abroad on tinternet for the beemer parts?
    yep ole murphy is alive and kicking ..stabled up with hobson...(hobsons choice)!!

hiya tt...its rubbish when the posts go west isnt it?how are you today?still busy ?all well in your camp?

right my merry bunch of booze bustin bandits its time for the offski ..so on we go..onwards and upwards to hump day..have a good one.

Q: Did you hear about the guy who dreamed he was eating a giant marshmallow?
    A: When he woke up, his pillow was gone.

Tired of constant blonde jokes, a blonde dyes her hair brown. She then goes for a drive in the country and sees a shepherd herding his sheep across the road.

"Hey, shepherd, if I guess how many sheep are here, can I keep one?"

The shepherd is puzzled but agrees. She blurts out "352!"

He is stunned but keeps his word and allows her to pick a sheep.

"I'll take this one," she says proudly. "It's the cutest!"

"Hey lady," says the shepherd, "If I guess your real hair color, can I have my dog back?"

A man kills a deer and takes it home to cook for dinner. Both he and his wife decide that they won't tell the kids what kind of meat it is, but will give them a clue and let them guess. The dad said, "Well it's what Mommy calls me sometimes." The little girl screamed to her brother, "Don't eat it. Its an asshole!

Three bulls heard the rancher was bringing another bull onto the ranch.

First Bull: "I've been here five years. I'm not giving this new bull any of my 100 cows."

Second Bull: "I've been here three years and have earned my right to 50 cows. I'm keeping all my cows."

Third Bull: "I've only been here a year, and so far, you guys have only let me have 10 cows. I may not be as big as you fellows, but I'm keeping all 10 of my cows."

Just then an 18-wheeler pulls up in the pasture carrying the biggest bull they've ever seen. At 4,700 pounds, each step he takes strains the steel ramp.

First Bull: "I think I can spare a few cows for our new friend."

Second Bull: "I actually have too many cows to take care of. I can spare a few. I'm certainly not looking for an argument."

They look over at the third bull and find him pawing the dirt, shaking his horns and snorting.

First Bull: "Son, don't be foolish -- let him have some of your cows and live to tell about it."

Third Bull: "Hell, he can have all my cows. I'm just making sure he knows I'm a bull."

A young man is wandering around the zoo looking at the animals. He suddenly remembers about an appointment that he scheduled. Unfortunately, he forgot his watch. He searches for someone who could give him the time.
    He sees a zoo keeper standing next to an elephant. "Excuse me, sir," says the young man "Do you know what time it is?"
    The zoo keeper reaches under the elephant, grabs his balls and starts playing with them.
    "Mmmmm, it is about 3:00," the zoo keeper responds.
    The young man looks at him in awe, "How did you know that?" The zoo keeper looks back at the man, "I looked at the clock on the wall right behind you."

Three women are discussing their teenage daughters.
    The first declares: "I was so shocked last week. I was tidying my daughter''s room and I found a packet of cigarettes under her pillow. I didn't even know that she smoked!"
    "It gets worse than that," says the second mother. "I was tidying my daughter''s room last week and I found a bottle of vodka under her bed. I didn't even know that she drank!"
    "Oh, it gets even worse than that," says the third mother. "I was tidying my daughter''s room last week and you''ll never guess what I found in her bedside cabinet: a packet of condoms! I didn't even know that she had a penis!"

Why does a man's penis have a hole in it?
    So he can get oxygen to his brain.

HOW TO ANNOY YOUR CO-WORKERS
    1) Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.
    2) Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Wear them one day after your boss does. This is especially effective if your boss is a different gender than you.
    3) Make up nicknames for all your co-workers and refer to them only by these names. "That's a good point, Sparky." "No, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you there, Chachie."
    4) Send e-mail to the rest of the company telling them exactly what you're doing. For example: "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom."
    5) Hi-Lite your shoes. Tell people you haven't lost them as often since you did this.
    6) While sitting at your desk, soak your fingers in Palmolive. Call everyone Madge.
    7) Hang mosquito netting around your cubicle. When you emerge to get coffee, a printout, or whatever, slap yourself at random the whole way.
    8) Put a chair facing a printer. Sit there all day and tell people you're waiting for your document.
    9) Every time someone asks you to do something, anything, ask him or her if they want fries with that.
    10) Send e-mail back and forth to yourself, engaging yourself in an intellectual debate. Forward the mail to a co-worker and ask her to settle the disagreement.
    11) Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronized chair-dancing.
    12) Put your trash can on your desk. Label it "IN".
    13) Feign an unnatural and hysterical fear of staplers.
    14) Send e-mail messages saying there's free pizza, donuts, or cake in the lunchroom. When people drift back to work complaining that they found none, lean back, pat your stomach, and say, "Oh you've got to be faster than that."
    15) Put decaf in the coffeemaker for three weeks. Once everyone has withdrawn from caffeine addiction, switch to espresso.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Evening folks as it is evening here ? dark and cold but we are cosy with the fire blaring and heating chewing through the $$$.:upset:
    Mick ? it doesn?t sound as if you need that ? 28 degrees is very toasty. Can you remind me where you are off on your holiday then?

No snakes in the grass here Sam ?except of the human variety. :H

I guess some other folk will be toddling off on summer hols although it looks as if most of you people are busy with things around the home or at work.

The spam seems to have been blasted so that's a relief. Couldn?t stand the taste of the stuff.:H

OK ? I have to sort a few things before I trundle off to bed ? nothing very exciting to report but hi there also Lav, Det, Pauly, SL, SF, Patrice, LB, PPQP and Mrs Tiddlypops!!:H

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Morning all!!
      See on another thread Satz has a year AF!!

Going over to my son's mushroom palace... he and his significant other are going on vacation for a week so I'm going learn a few things to help with the labor. They've done quite well, worked hard, and deserve a goodly break.

Good array of jokes this am Mick. Never can have too many blonde jokes. I looked on line and found something for about $15.00 I just hope it is the right dern part. I've bought stuff from this guy before, but yesterday he seemed in a hurry so I hope he was listening to me.

How you doing TT? Yep glad the spam slam is over for a bit.

hope all is well with everyone...
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Good morning Abbers,

Mick - that's it!!!!!
        Do you use the lavender soap too?? :H :H
        I have an empty bottle sitting around here somewhere. Loved that stuff
        Happy painting, be careful up on the roof. I avoid heights like the plague!

Sam, I was scared to death when I found that black snake in the chicken house! It was sitting there, coiled up like a cobra right in the middle of my last flock of hens when they were about two months old. After my brother-in-law removed the snake I did a quick head count & all chicks were present & accounted for Guess I was lucky!!!

Greetings TT!
        Hope you are cozy & caught up with your work!

Hi there Pauly, I know it's hot where you are! Hope you have a great day!
        Greetings SL, PQ, Det & all the Abbers.

I am on kid watch again starting at noon. My daughter & granddaughter are joining us to make it a day of complete bedlam - pray for me :H

Have a great AF Tuesday everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Mae everybody,thanks for the link Mick,it just bothers me cuz there are so many flowers on it,it should look all lush,not scraggly and shredded! it has been hot here,had to wash my hair this morning and i hate to wash it everyday but the heat and wind make it feel yucky,one of my customers was talking yesterday about being grateful for the things we do have and be happy we're not in someone else's shoes that has hardship,and though i do try and do that,sometimes my mind just wants to play negative,i hate that feeling,i also think i tend to overanalyze every single mood,wonder if it's normal,if it's just a bad day or if it's just me,i remember before i ever started drinking i was always miss serious,maybe it's just my personality,i feel happy most of the time but some days meh,hope everybody has a good Tuesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Hi all..
            Just love Lavendar, so now have another reason to add to all the other reasons why! I will think of you Dear Lav on Sunday at the lavendar festival - it will be my first time venturuing into the wine country without coming home "merry" - it is in Sonoma.
            No snakes here - but we have warnings about rttlers due to teh drought conditions - I have booked a night hike on Micks anni to look at fireworks from the Sierras - hope there are none of the little buggers out celebrating independance!
            Quick break between meetings done now - back to it - see you later!
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

SL....that is pure class!!!!not the 4th July Independence day ..but Micks anni!!!:goodjob:..and the day before my birfday!!growing about 12 lavender plants in the garden
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

I tried to plant lavender last spring,they died within a week,me and my brown thumb

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Hi all,
                  Wednesday here now.. 29 degrees and the sun is not even up!! .. Going to be a long day
                  TT, I saw it getting dark there at 5 pm..here it's always the same.
                  I've woken up to 28 days af..I'm really happy about it, so far it has not been difficult just a few uncomfortable moments. I'm wondering why that is, before it was always white knuckling??
                  But it's still just day by day..I have the end of school dinner tonight, that will be the first test. We are going to a Thai place..
                  Does anyone take Tumeric?? How do you use fresh Tumeric in a drink?? I'm taking expensive sups yet the fresh root cost nothing here.. Maybe make a tea?
                  Have a great MAE
                  Patrice
                  Xx

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Hi Patrice,i'm glad your 28 days is going smoothly,maybe this time you've finally just freakin had it with booze! i had started a thread on tumeric some months back,supposed to be really good for the liver,mood,anti-inflammatory,i also read it helps rebuild some doo-dads in the brain,can't hurt to try

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Good to see you. Patrice. May be you have resigned now to being AF and it is so much easier when it no longer a battle
                      Just treat the dinner as not a big deal -don't get too anxious. Just think to yourself - this will all be over In few hours. I can go home and relax and sleep and wake up ready to seize the day (hot and muggy as iIt will be)
                      Don't linger after the dinner, don't get hungry and drink lots and lots of water and AF drinks. Save some room for dessert. Don't explain to anyone and don't enter into discussions about why you are not drinking.
                      If it's boring just accept that for what it is. Tomorrow is another day
                      Gosh I am bossy today! :H:H
                      Maybe you will even have fun! I hope so

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Patrice - it seemed the same this time round for me - not nearly as hard, not huge cravings - oh yes, desire, wants, feeling deprived - but no white knuckling....maybe TT has it, something has clicked for us...I do hope so...I keep my focus in the future - ie the next morning, and know how I want to feel waking up
                        I will have to try some photos and see if I can post your celebration in Ca/Nv Mick!
                        I also have lavendar plants - love teh stuff, but think I have said that before - starting to cook more with it!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

Pauly - if its any consolation I can't grow anything except weeds. My attempts at growing lavender failed but I blame it on the rain.
                          It needs lots of direct sun but I think it does need quite a bit of water too. My sister the goat farmer can grow anything anywhere -in any environment - and she has heaps of lavender.
                          I write instead!

Comment

Working...
                          X