MONDAY 7 JULY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONDAY 7 JULY

Hiddy-ho ? Monday already ? its almost Monday evening here. How?s the merry band of Booze Banishers then?
    Patrice ? hope you have a great trip with your son. You know kids ? they never quite appreciate things the same way as you ? so don?t be disappointed. I tend to over-organise and that never goes down well ? but it sounds like you have an active wee man.
    Mick ? you are on holidays too so no doubt having fun. Tai Chi sounds very calming though. Is this the new you as you go into your 3rd year of sobriety?
    How?s the heat Lav? Have you managed to stay cool?
    You OK Pauly?
    Det ? no doubt you and the Mrs have decamped to the nearest caf? or whatever ? for when the agents are showing people your house. Hope its over soon with a good sale for you.
    SL ? see the advantages of not drinking. Its so much easier to enjoy things we would have raced through in the past (so we could get home for a drink). I plead guilty as sin on that score! Of course there are always new boring events to challenge our endurance!:H
    PPQP ? hope the weekend continued to be a good one for you.
    Bear ? did you have a good Sunday?
    Sam ? ?Many directions, so little time? ? is this a new Boy Band from Virginia?:H

I had a full day at work and soldiered on with my cold and my talking. It went OK at the time and now I am feeling yukky again ? but making sure I pace myself. Tom Yum soup tonight seems in order.
    Last night I had a break from Nordic murders to watch the latest tv movie on Elizabeth Taylor and Richrad Burton (the one by BBC4 with Helena Bonham-Carter in it). I thought it was pretty well done. Tale of two alcoholics indeed. But they were great actors.

You all have a great Monday ? no Monday Blues allowed ? and that means you Pauly!!!!:alf:

MONDAY 7 JULY

Just wrote a message and lost it hope you r all doing good booze busters weather is overcast and windy no sea today stick at it every one. .thinkining of you
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

Hi Mick - yeah, the site has been dodgy - take care

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

And you tt hope you are feeling better today
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

Good morning Abbers,

Monday morning it is!!!
          Starting out with some hazy sunshine, heat & humidity due to arrive any moment :H
          I will be moving in slow motion today!

Glad you are on the mend TT!
          I've been relying on Yogi teas for treating cold symptoms the past few years - good stuff.

Hi there to the vacationing Mick!
          Hope the weather clears up for you today.

Greetings to PQ, Pauly, Det, SL, SF, Sam & anyone I am missing.
          I'm starting off with a Curves trip but only because the place is air conditioned :H

Have a great AF Monday everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

Mae everybody,staying up late on the fourth really messed up my sleep pattern,not sure if i'm half awake or half asleep rite now,youngest daughter just came back yesterday from her trip to WA,she had fun mostly,hope everyones day is good
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

Morning all!!
              hope everyone's weekend was a good un.
              TT, sounds as if you're alive and well. There you go, never thought of it as a band name
              Mick, how goes the vacation? you still using a phone to type your messages? That would really be frustrating to type a message on a phone and lose it.
              Have a great Monday everyone!
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

hi all - ugg, checking in on a Monday - loved my three day weekend and not looking forward to having a week back at work, and starting call today for my week:upset:
                Not much to say today.
                Glad you are having good time Mick.
                TT - get better soon:l
                Hi Lav, Sam, Pauly - and all else checking in - thread was quiet yesterday....
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

TT - just re-read your last line, did not see order to have no Monday blues - should have read this before I woke up:H:H

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

Repeat:alf:noMonday Blues allowed
                    Repeat :alf: and swallow.

Think I am feeling better today. Sleep and caffeine during the day (not too much though!) helps.
                    Glad I had my 'flu shot this winter as there are some nasty strains lurking here.

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

MAE ALL....

TT...hope you're feeling better soon. No Monday blues for me. I keep forgetting it's your winter now.

Mick...hope you're having a great time. Bummer about the post and like Sam said especially typing on the phone.

SL...when you figure out how to read TT's post before waking up will you let me know.

:hallo: Sam, Pauly, Lav and anyone else who stops by tonight.....PPQP

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

ahoy cats and kitties across the AF frontier

so much for resting, I'm packed up for another inglorious week of hotel life tomorrow morn. gotta tow the trailer through San Fran traffic...how fun!

I've really got to watch myself in these triple digit temperatures as I don't have much of an appetite, and being low blood sugar can give me AL cravings out of the blue. awareness is key, and I'll need plenty of it on this crazy week.

no blues, and no getting sick eh?

be well m'loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

No al cravings Det!! or we'll kick your butt
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MONDAY 7 JULY

Ha PPQ! Working on that as I got message too late today and been in funk all day - need tomorrow to be a better one, so will channel TT's message into my REMs!
                            Det - hang tight, well done to acknowledge it up front - hopefully that will set the mood for the trip! At least it won't be triple digits by the bay!

Comment

Working...
                            X