Sat 26th july

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat 26th july

mae all how are we doing? alll ok I hope ..dont know how long this site is going to last ..seems to be getting worse..been trying since about 6.55 to get on ...now 10am..so apologies for the brief post but gotta get things done too!!keeps coming up with data error ..and yet can get on other sites no problem!!

ok on we go ..out early doors tomorrow ..yep ppqp ..back down to Lincoln!!

hiya SF ..how are you doing ...long time ..whats the blue zone?you feeling down or is it a music thingy

hiya ppqp ..hows you today?waiting around yesterday ..seven brides for seven brothers?you down at your dads today?have a good one ..and heres a brew for the road

gday det ..howz yall doin thar yhear? dang well I spect ..there you go sort that lot out into accents !!glad to hear you are enjoyin yourself...checked shirt ..straw hat chewin a piece of grass..no not that kind!!and playin on the ole gittar

hiya Lav..you there or are you off for the week ? yep it is pretty quiet here..but folks aint going to hang around waiting to get on here forever..big brew time for me ...does madam want one too?what a daft question ...any plans for the weekend ..or as it comes...started clearing space in my raised beds just catch the last of the summer planting.then onto autumn plants already!!

Hiya SL..that was one serious story you put up on fb bout the chinese guy ...all respect to him..so how are you doing?no funfair this weekend?best of luck with your reslts.My brother had a load of tests done and biopsies..for lower region problems ..phoned him to see what the results were..they have lost all the notes and results..I thought he was talking rubbish and that he hadnt been because this happened before ,but his partner was there when they told him at the hospital in Stafford...unfortunately he isnt like me...his answer ..oh well need to wait for the post for another appointment!!!bearing in mind their health report I would have been straight on to the director of the h a....step 2 would have been the media!!Im going down to see him on Wednesday..so need to calm down a wee bit!
    have any plans for the weekend? driving around in boxes perhaps??have a good one

hiya Sam..how did the back cracking sesh go?always feel great when Ive been ..hows the calving going?

hi bear hows thing with you ? all good..you need to let us know what else you take up..you never know

hiya Pat...so the fags scenario failed ..keep trying ..first time I did it started again after 18 months...Coronation st...oh no...cant say its my fave programme !!

hiya tt ..hows your travels? your phrase ..Im performing tomorrow"....leaves a lot to the imagination!!hope all is ok...

right folks time to go apologies for such an iffy post but......

take it easy

When I was working at Tesco today, a customer was being rude to me, so I scanned him in the eyes with the barcode reader.

You should have seen the look on his face, it was priceless.

You know your wife is mad when she starts off her sentence saying "I just find it funny how......"

Because there's a 99.9% chance she did not find it funny

It's our wedding anniversary today so I've bought my wife a litre of engine oil and a token for a premium car wash.

She hated the flowers I got from the petrol station last year so this year I decided to get her something useful.

"I'm so pissed off with my idiot son!" I complained to my mate, down the pub, "He was raging because they got his order wrong at MacDonald's, so he slashed the seats with a pen knife, to teach them a lesson."

"Feel that strongly about vandalism?" My mate replied.

"No, the little sh.t had gone to the drive-thru in my f.cking car!"

Was in the library earlier, after a while I went up to the librarian and said, "I'm looking for a book on an Austrian composer of chamber music, but can't see one anywhere."

He said, "Is it Haydn?"

I nodded, " must be, because I can't find it."

My wife said, "Can we stop fighting now?"

I asked, "Why?"

She replied, "Because your nose is broke and my knuckles are sore."

You have 5 days to teach my children mathematics.

Make them count.

I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet.

To be honest, I'm starting to think it was a f.cking waste of money.

All this hot weather is starting to dry out the country's water stocks.

This problem would easily be solved, if everyone filled up a bucket from their tap at home, and emptied it into a reservoir on their way to work.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Sat 26th july

Good morning Abbers!

Dark & cloudy outside but at least it's not hot!!!
    I don't have much of anything planned for the weekend & that's just as well. I am pretty much worn out after dealing with a virus all week & having kids & grandkids here most of the week. They don't give me a chance to be sick :H
    I do want to get outside to do work on my raised beds in between rain showers.
    Keep that coffee coming Mick - I really need it today

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF Saturday for all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sat 26th july

SF - sorry you are in a funk, any way we can help you out of it? Anything specific going on? Sending some of PPQ's "P's" your way to help - but would love to help more.
      Busy night with work, and looks like a busy weekend too. Hopefully will get my walk in before the work stuff really heats up, my cell reception isn't the best out there, but need to walk.
      This time next week I will be off on way to airport for our hols - cannot believe it has arrived - that means soon be back to school - summer is flying by....
      Morning (well it is here:H) Mick and Lav. Hi to everyone else stopping by....
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Sat 26th july

where are you off to on your jollies sl?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Sat 26th july

MAE ALL...

Mick....thanks for the kickstart and the brew. Had a great visit with Dad today. Temps reasonable so were able to get outside for a bit. Been reading the history of Lincoln Uk and as soon as I figure out how it fits into your mystery tours I'll let you know.

Lav...hope you have a peaceful day and are able to get outside.

SL...yup time is flying by. Like Mick asked, where are you off to?

SF...hope you're feeling better. Let me know if the "P"s SL sent are enough, there's always more. Come talk it out on here. Sometimes just writing it all out helps.

:hallo: to the rest of the gang. Will check back later......PPQP

Comment

Sat 26th july

Hi folks it's Sunday here and I am still away from home. my performance was just speaking in front of a large group of people and supposedly sounding knowledgeable - have to do this a lot in my job. Although I was tired it went off well and in fact tiredness wasn't a problem (you see without hangovers it's all so much easier!!!). Also was able to catch up with some old friends from the late 1970s who were at the workshop I was at.
            Flying back home this afternoon. Going for a walk this morning.
            Lav - hope you feel better soon. You too Sam.
            What's up SF? You were so perky a few weeks ago?
            Where are you off to SL?
            Glad you have your AF mojo Det and long may that live.
            Terrific that you had a lovely visit with your Dad PPQP.
            I have been to Lincoln Mick - just have to cast into the depths of my past to dredge up what I did there!! Enjoy your trip.
            Hi there Patrice - anything fun this weekend on the agenda?
            OK better go and investigate the hotel brekkie. Am not a fan of hotel breakfasts as it's all wasted on me since I don't eat much at that time of huge day and I can't be bothered with the cooked stuff. Still it's free!
            Hope this site gets sorted. For the life of me I can't understand why it's so complicated. Doesn't cost an earth to host such a site and a simple subscription system would be the way to go. I am also sure that trusted and competent moderators (poss volunteers) could be found.
            Have a great AF Day. Weekend. Whatever!!!

Comment

Sat 26th july

Walk done - 5.5 miles
              I do not believe that I have been to Lincoln, but it looks very pretty...
              I am heading to the ocean - my favorite place, I will be seeing the sea in San Diego - never been, but i am quite excited - looks like a real holiday holiday...
              TT - hate that kind of preforming - I am much happier behind the scenes - not a fan of public speaking - I i do think that you are probably really quite knowledgeable.....I like cooked breakfast - probably the Scottish inheritance...
              OK - off to the job list..
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Sat 26th july

afternoon all (here at any rate)
                Market day today, the early one. A very good one, today's went by pretty quickly. Back home and finally bottling honey I've had stored in my straining tub. This honey is very light, perhaps locust, they had a lot of bloom this year. Seems lighter than clover, but it's anybody's guess. I'm creating a huge ant magnet with my clumsy ways.

Mick, I tried getting on early this morning and got the data base error as well. There's a thread pertaining to this stuff in general discussions.

Lav, it was dark and cool this morning but sure isn't now. Suppose to be heavy rains tomorrow. oh boy!!

SL, 5 mile walk sounds great. love walking on the beach, hope you have plenty of opportunity to do that. Have a good rest.

TT, always interesting seeing friends from of yesteryears. Sometimes aging is interesting. I have this image in my head what I look like, which is much younger and then I'll see a picture of myself and it is rather shocking!

Det, yes you are in the land of music!! hope you're getting to hear and see plenty of it. Be well!!

SF, how you be, better I'm hoping!

PQ, glad it cooled off a little bit for you. Makes getting outside more bearable. Speaking of bears, where's that Bear of a skater?!

have an enjoyable part of your day, whatever it is
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                X