sunday 10 August AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 10 August AF

I cant see a thread for today so thought I'd get going.
    great day yesterday,old cars,vintage shopping,bands,friends and yummy food.
    Bought 3 sixties style dresses,bargain,and lovely.

I stayed sober,enjoyed the day but was a bit hard at end,again cos I was tired and ready to go home, it's the fake energy that booze gives - OH feeling bit worry for self.
    Skipped skating as friend stayed over and and we sat about chatting,lovely start to the day.May need a siesta tho as got up at 8am and went to bed at 2 after staying up late chatting.

Washing on, gonna have a gentle tidy up and potter about,maybe do myself a pedicure.
    I don't drink,and it's lovely.
    one day at a time

sunday 10 August AF

Good morning bear & all Abbers!

Glad you enjoyed your day out bear - sounds nice

Not much happening in my world this weekend & that's fine. The weather has been great so I'm just spending some time outside & playing in the garden. Lost one of my chickens yesterday, sad. I found her face down & stiff in the chicken house first thing in the morning. Likely it was a sudden little chicken heart attack

Wishing everyone a very nice AF Sunday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

sunday 10 August AF

Mae everybody,poor little chicken Lav,maybe you're right about the heart attack,i read that nutriton link for the cheesecake factory,but really nobody who is going there thinks they're eating healthy,last time we took my youngest daughter and her bf there,she had a burger topped with mac n cheese haha,it's a once in a while thing,actually hubs still owes me a trip,day off for me and i wanted to sleep in but shoot,i guess those days are over,i did get 7 hours but i still would have liked to laze a bit,had Louie yesterday and he was being a doll,he's got one of his back teeth coming in i was digging around in his mouth snd he bit my finger,that's what i get i guess haha,hope everybody has a wonderful Sundaywhere's Det?
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

sunday 10 August AF

Morning all - need to move and finish packing - do don't want to return to work, but going home is fine. This time I don't need to make excuse to get milk/supper RTC to go shopping, have what I need and want at home and that's no alcohol!
        Sorry about your chicken Lav - do the others seem to realize??
        Have a good Sunday all
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

sunday 10 August AF

MAE ALL....

Could have sworn I posted on yesterday's thread. Oh well...

Great visit with my Dad, his annual assessment is on Wednesday so will see what's happening behind the scenes.

Mick...I think that's the advice I'm going to stick with...Just Be Happy. Hope your outing was just as successful as the last one.

Bear...sounds like peaceful day ahead for you.

Lav...sorry about the little guy.

Pauly...hope you have a wonderful Sunday as well.

SL...isn't that a great feeling not to have to make excuses any more. Safe travels home.

Off to get my grocery shopping done. Hope you're all having a Super AF Sunday....PPQP

Comment

sunday 10 August AF

ahoy ABeroooooos!

thanks for the lovely kickstart Bear, you're sounding tops.

Pauly, not to worry, fashionably late but I'm here. sore from exercise and super happy in my AFness

yesterday I went for a HUGE hike and shooting with a sober buddy (haven't shot in ages). it was so lovely in the mountains and we yacked for hours about addiction and family and all manner of deep and real issues.

small crew today so I can actually remember all your names Bear, Lav, Pauly, SL and PPQ.

still a couple hours left if anyone wants to come and join us.....

off to the couch to snuggle with Dx and watch America's got talent (guilty pleasure)

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

sunday 10 August AF

I have sent so many posts....for them not to get posted! Its not MWO....its our new internet connection....it sucks

Anyways.....they have started firing at the office. What part of "pick me, pick me" don't they get

I do have tomorrow off. Boss is completely annoyed as I told her I was taking my "reward for awesome performance day off" This may speed up the "pick me" process

It was a Yoga Therapy weekend....I love. love, love the stuff. It is so fascinating how people can avoid surgery with yoga. We have a PT in our class....and she loves what she is now able to bring to clients.

I have kept up with ya all....I just can't post and not sure if this one will. I am working on my master plan for a new life and so excited.

I realized this.....it when they have me in a corner thinking corporate America is the only way to live life....that not drinking gets hard. When I am away from that mindset......WOW life just opens up. Guaranteed if I really believed that was the only way to live and pay the bills......I'd be slugging a 12 pack every damn day Not going there!

Comment

Working...
              X