Thurs 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurs 14th

mae all...and howz the world in the land of the free today?........alcohol free that is!!:H obviously didnt get out early doors this morning...was raining really heavy...but its faired off now to a steady downpour..possibility...in fact its a good definiteability (what a great word to make up before brekkie!)that at this time tomorrow I will be driving down towards Lincoln thats uk for all of you that have one of their own ok..enough of this mindless drivel...onwards and upwards
    tea and coffee available at the main entrance :H

morning Lav..hows you today?all good?hows the foot?my rabbits are on the way over for those carrots!!need to get some pics of the veggies I have got (left)as we have eaten loads..yes learned cpr, oxygen admin and first aid along the way....also treating gunshot wounds ..handy large brew time whilst I mull the world over ..heres yours too..on kidwatch today?

hiya SL..How are you?back into the swing of things?yes you get the holiday..take yesterday off ..with Tuesday as your travelling time! your post.. want to shoot him yet again! I knew I learnt about gunshot wounds for some reason!!:H

hiya ppqp...how are you today?enjoying your morning off?here you go trivia crap.com..Det pay attention now..this may interest you tho Lord knows why "the saying to go swimmingly" is an English phrase....again ..nowt better to do than invent crappy phrases..but the accepted fact was that when you swam ,you glided through the water smoothly without causing any ripples or waves, without fuss..so da da there you have it! heres your lie in brew..these words sprung to mind when I read about our stove..
    look out dear stove,
    shes gonna get mean,
    your dusty ole coat,
    will be sparkly and clean

glad the assessment went well.

hiya SF....wow thats something else ...a requirement to get fired!think your gonna end up like your man at the Alamo...all gone bar you!!definitely got to hand it to you for guts to go it alone in this day and age ...good on you!

hiya Det..well any luck with the house selling?did you kbnow that the iron workers in minnesota/michigan had pasties too?the idea came over from Kernow (Cornwall) in the 1850s have a look at this recipe folks ..Lav can you cut out the crappy stuff in it!then lets get marketing!!

Delicious Homemade Pasty Recipe

hiya Pauly....hows you today girl?ok..you on kidwatch today or working?dont forget the laff!!

hiya bear...how are you today then?all good? you never spotted what was missing off your post?..try this..hey all, it's day .. here - and I don't drink.

hope your meeting goes well..that food sounds good ...think Iwill be doing a veggie something tonight!!

hiya tt how are you doing?all good despite the work issues?

hiya Sam..wherever you are!

right peeps including those missing thats me for the offski so see you all later

My wife came home yesterday and said, ?Honey, the car won?t start, but I know what the problem is.?

I asked her what it was, and she told me there was water in the carburetor. I thought for a moment, then said, ?You know, I don?t mean this offensively, but you don?t know the carburetor from the accelerator.?

?No, there?s definitely water in the carburetor,? she insisted.

?OK Honey, that?s fine, I?ll just go take a look. Where is it??

?In the lake.?

A blonde goes to the local restaurant, buys a small drink for herself, and sits down to drink it. She notices a peel-off prize sticker on the side of her cup while she is drinking. After pulling off the tab, she begins screaming, "I won a motor home! I won a motor home!"

The waitress runs over and argues, "That's impossible. The biggest prize given away was a stereo system!"

The blonde replies, "No. I won a motor home!"

By this time, the manager makes his way over to the table, and he too argues, "You couldn't possibly have won a motor home because we didn't have that as one of our prizes."

Again the blonde says, "There is no mistake! I won a motor home!"

The blonde hands the prize ticket to the manager and he reads, "WIN A BAGEL."

To celebrate 50 years of marriage, a couple booked a weekend at St. Andrews. On the third tee, the husband you, ?Darling, I have to confess something. Twenty years ago I had a brief affair. It meant nothing. I hope that you can forgive me.?

His wife was hurt but said, ?Dearest, those days are long gone. What we have now is far more valuable. I forgive you.? They embraced and kissed.

On the seventeenth tee the wife said to her husband, ?Darling, since we?re being honest with each other, I have something to tell you. Fifty-two years ago I had a sex change operation, I was a man before we met.?

The husband threw a fit! He cursed, threw his driver away, broke the rest of his clubs one by one, tore at his clothes, screamed and ranted,?You liar, you despicable cheat! How could you? I trusted you, and you have been playing off from the ladies? tee all these years!?

A drunk is walking along and smacks into a tree. He backs up a few paces, and walks into the tree again. He does it again. He mumbles, ?This is great. I was supposed to be home hours ago, and now here I am lost in the forest.?

Two blondes stopped in their car to let a funeral pass by.

?Who died?? the first blonde asked.

?I think it was the person in the casket.? replied the second blonde.

Bernard, who is noted for his gracious manners, was awakened one morning at four forty four a.m. by his ringing telephone. . .

?Your dog?s barking, and it?s keeping me awake,? said an angry voice.

Bernard thanked the caller and politely asked his name and number before hanging up.

The next morning at precisely four forty four a.m., Bernard called his neighbor back . . .

?Good morning, Mr. Williams?. Just called to say that I don?t fkn have a fkn dog.?

?You seem to have more than the average share of intelligence for a man of your background,? sneered the lawyer at a witness on the stand.

?If I wasn?t under oath, I?d return the compliment,? replied the witness.

The little sexy housewife was built so well the TV repairman couldn?t keep his eyes off of her. Every time she came in the room, he?d near about jerk his neck right out of joint looking at her.

When he?d finished she paid him and said, ?I?m going to make a? well? unusual request. But you have to first promise me you?ll keep it a secret.?

The repairman quickly agreed and she went on. ?Well, it?s kind of embarrassing to talk about, but while my husband is a kind, decent man ? sigh ? he has a certain physical weakness. A certain disability. Now, I?m a woman and you?re a man??

The repairman could hardly speak, ?Yes, yes!?

?And since I?ve been wanting to ever since you came in the door??

?Yes, yes!?

?Would you help me move the refrigerator??

The orthopedic surgeon I work for was moving to a new office, and his staff was helping transport many of the items. I sat the display skeleton in the front of my car, his bony arm across the back of my seat.

I hadn?t considered the drive across town. At one traffic light, the stares of the people in the car beside me became obvious, and I looked across and explained, ?I?m delivering him to my doctor?s office.?

The other driver leaned out of his window. ?I hate to tell you, lady,? he said, ?but I think it?s too late!?

A husband visited a marriage counselor and said, ?When we were first married, I would come home from the office, my wife would bring my slippers and our cute little dog would run around barking.

Now after ten years it?s all different. I come home, the dog brings the slippers and my wife runs around barking.?

The CEO was scheduled to speak at an important convention so he asked one of his employees, Jenkins, to write him a punch, 20-minute speech. When the CEO returned from the big event, he was furious.

?What?s the idea of writing me an hour-long speech??, he demanded. ?Half the audience walked out before I finished.? Jenkins was baffled. ?I wrote you a 20-minute speech,? he replied. ?I also gave you the two extra copies you asked for.?

A dietitian was once addressing a large audience in Chicago.

?The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks erode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. Vegetables can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water. But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have, or will, eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it??

A 75-year-old man in the front row stood up and said, ?Wedding cake.?

Two guys are trying to get in a quick eighteen holes, but there are two terrible lady golfers in front of them hitting the ball everywhere but where it?s supposed to go.

The first guy says, ?Why don?t you go over and ask if we can play through?? The second guy gets about halfway there, turns and comes back.

The first guy says, ?What?s wrong??

He says, ?One of them is my wife, and the other one is my mistress.?

The first guy says, ?That could be a problem. I?ll go over.?

He gets about halfway there and he turns and comes back, too.

The second guy says, ?What?s wrong??

The first guy says, ?Small world.?

A very shy guy goes into a bar and sees a beautiful woman sitting at the bar. After an hour of gathering up his courage he finally goes over to her and asks, tentatively, ?Um, would you mind if I chatted with you for a while??

She responds by yelling, at the top of her lungs, ?No, I won?t sleep with you tonight!? Everyone in the bar is now staring at them. Naturally, the guy is hopelessly and completely embarrassed and he slinks back to his table.

After a few minutes, the woman walks over to him and apologizes. She smiles at him and says, ?I?m sorry if I embarrassed you. You see, I?m a graduate student in psychology and I?m studying how people respond to embarrassing situations.?

To which he responds, at the top of his lungs, ?What do you mean $200??
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Thurs 14th

Hi there everyone -yes Mick we have a Lincoln here - its an agricultural university near Christchurch (so many British names!). Mick seems to have summed things up well.
    Sam-you OK? Bit quiet there.

It snowed a bit today but mostly slushy muck. My burns from the weekend are now starting to itch - skin starting to break - so I have to be careful. Looks like our first aid kit will get put to good use again.

I am in the middle of some work so better get back - but just thought I would take a peek.
    Have a great Thursday all.
    Remember Bear - you don't drink!

Comment

Thurs 14th

SNOWED??????????????:lalala::lalala::lalala:
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thurs 14th

Good morning Abbers!

I think I can work with that recipe Mick,, thanks
        Right now I'm dealing with a huge tomato harvest so the pasty will have to wait a while. I'm working with 15 pounds of tomatoes at a time, peeling then cooking down into sauce to freeze.
        In my spare time I'm dealing with stinky little boys :H I am 'on call' again this afternoon to watch them if my son doesn't home in time. His job holds him up - mandatory OT.

TT, sorry about the snow! I can't even think about that yet
        Be careful with that burn, you don't want to get it infected. Maybe cover it during the day while out & at work & leave it open overnight to air dry.

We've got a cool, dry 61 degrees right now & sunny too - nice!
        There's a town near by here called Lincoln University. It is the home of Lincoln University founded in 1854, the country's first historically black university. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln..._(Pennsylvania)

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a terrific AF Thursday for all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thurs 14th

Mae everybody,this work-week seems like it's lasting forever! i'm ready for my day off tomorrow,even though that's just more running around again,i'm running late but i hope everyone has a good Thursday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thurs 14th

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the brew, it's my third, and the definition. You are just a wealth of information. BTW...we have a Lincoln Alberta, who knew I see poets day came a day early :H

TT...I agree with Mick...:lalala:

Lav...that's the problem with these home gardens. What do I do with everything! With all this heat we've had this summer our pumpkins are ready. It's way too early for them! Looks like we're having a cooler day today as well. Much needed.

Pauly...well forever has arrived. :H Hope your day goes quickly.

May have to go in a little earlier than planned. I want to stop the city crew from seeding grass in the skating rink and put in sod instead. Don't know if I can trust the "other" boss to make that happen.

Have a great AF Thursday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Thurs 14th

hey everyone - I don't drink!!

Back early from work,meeting was very hard but HR saw that she was aggressive and difficult and that she cannot listen to anyone else(their words not mine!)She handed notice in but got to wait for her to do that in writing before I can do anything.Fingers crossed she does that!

Came home early bug I've been fighting off all week hit me,think it was the relief and I've just been pushing to get through today so I may call in sick tomorrow if I still feel rough.

Off to see a counsellor tonight and need to go in ten min - roast sprouts weren't amazing,think fact they were frozen was problem - have done with fresh before tho and they're lovely.Buying fruit,veg,paracetamol,low cal crisps,chicken slices,tomatoes,tuna pizza and salad.Means missing a party with skate team tomorrow but hey ho,it will be boozy and I need the rest,may pop in for hour if ok tomorrow eve,but think bed/cat may be calling me.

Happy booze free day all - pop in later to comment on posts,just whizzing through for now.
              Day 19 here - almost out of my teenage booze free days!
              one day at a time

Comment

Thurs 14th

heyo ABeroooos!

manic work day already but refusing to let it stress me out.

looks like everyone is doing good and strong which is great to see.

Mick, carrots for gunshot wounds? owie! I carry quick-clot hemostatic dressings for that purpose. (so far they remain sealed in the pouches which is a good sign).

Bear, if your getting lo-cal crisps for diet reasons be ware....they spike up insulin levels like any simple carbohydrate and can make weight loss a real pain.

gonna drag my buttocks to the gym tonight and practice some muay thai so that I don't get totally murdered at the seminar next weekend.

couple of my buddies are running the 'tough mudder' event this weekend in Tahoe so I'll get up there and be designated camera man. love to do the event one day but my conditioning is certainly not there just yet.

back to the grind... wishing you all a happy AF day!

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thurs 14th

Checking in.

Mick I don't see it as going it alone. I live in an area that has awesome support systems for people starting their own business. More and more people are going that route vs trading their life away for some shit job. They inspire me and you see there is another way to live life. It is sad to see so many people dread Monday and then spend an entire week waiting for Friday. Everyone deserves better.

Lav MS truly is a hard thing to deal with and I never realized that there are so many forms of it. There are usually local support organizations that may be able to give them some direction.

There is so much I need to be doing.....deep breath...one thing at a time. Getting settled into the house is taking longer than I would like. Hopefully I can get a massive dent in it this weekend. Then I really need to get my strategy and plan of action.....put into action.

Lately I've been going to bed early wake up around midnight and do stuff for about 2 hours...then back to bed. You would think I would have more done....sometimes I have spend a lot time moving hubby's stuff just so I can get to the stuff I need to organize. He is working hard to get his stuff together. Today I came home and he had my yoga area all put together for me:h

Comment

Thurs 14th

Det - I know some folks who do the tough mudder - that's a heck of a challenge!

Mick and PPQ - snow!!! I agree - ignore, ignore, ignore!!!

TT - I am a burns nurse (before being a donor nurse) - want me to nip on over???

Off tomorrow too Pauly - back to school shopping - the moths in my wallet are getting fed up of the repeated exposure to light:H

Bear - so glad you don't drink - keep it up!!

Hi SF!

There is a Lincoln near here too! Do you nip over each Sunday - next time stop in for Sunday breakfast (American style)
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thurs 14th

Evening all
                      Just got home from market, checking in, hectic week. Hope all is well with everyone.
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thurs 14th

SL, Lincoln CA? I just drove near there this week
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X