Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SATURDAY AUG 16TH

Well mornin all!
    off to market this moanin. Suppose to be a nice one out there. Frankly, I'd like to be looking at the back of my eyelids! Hope everyone has a most enjoyable day.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

SATURDAY AUG 16TH

morning - strong coffee?
    I loved your butterfly post - butterflies are the new rock n roll!For me the new rock n roll is my leopard print fleecy PJs.We're crazy kids!

Up at 830 ready to leave at ten - off to London to see old friends today,I'm driving us home so no booze - looking forward to it,cos I don't drink.I'm 21 today.

Great saturday everyone -still buzzing at not having to deal with tricky person again - woo hoo!
    one day at a time

Comment

SATURDAY AUG 16TH

mae all..struggling to get on here this morning ..the indomitable "data error"!!had a cracking day again yesterday...so much so doing it again tomorrow!!

so off we go then....tea n coffee on the go (ppqp!!)

hiya Sam..hows you today then mate?thanks for the starter..sure you will enjoy the market once you get there.

hiya bear ..21 .well done you! yep noticed you dont drink today either :goodjob:enjoy London..(I hate the place!) depending on your point of view its either the most diverse cosmopolitan city in the uk, or the dumping ground for every sod in the world at extortionate prices!!

hiya ppqp...here you go..a double brew! makes up for yesterday!!any plans for the weekend..(now that youre in year 3) ..sounds like school :H

hiy Lav..hows you today then ? apart from feeding every butterfly in the us of a!!we have got similar over here..brown fritillary butterflies..hows the foot today then?hop over and Ill make you a brew!

hiya tt hows you today then?no work this weekend so you can rest easy!any plans

Good day Scottish Lass,
      Your rhyming s not crass,
      So keep trying hard ...
      You could be the Bard !

hows you today then ? all good..how did the hair trip go?

so youve just mashed the brew :goodjob: :H whats on the cards for the weekend?

hiya det....how you doing ..kung fu warrior??enjoy watching your mates getting knackered today!!

Pauly hows you doing today ?all good ..you got any plans at all?think you need to chill after your shopping trip yesterday!hows the boogie doin?mine is going into pot no 3 today..still pretty wee but a lot of leaves on it.

out again in the morning early doors ..hope its as good as yesterday..tho the last coupls trips will really take some beating!!

right peeps take it easy ..and for all the backgroundies ..big hiya

A business man got on an elevator in a building. When he entered the elevator, there was a blonde already inside and she greeted him by saying ?T-G-I-F.?

He smiled at her and replied ?S-H-I-T.? She looked at him, puzzled, and said ?T-G-I-F? again. He acknowledged her remark again by answering ?S-H-I-T.? The blonde was trying to be friendly, so she smiled her biggest smile and said as sweetly as possible, ?T-G-I-F? another time. The man smiled back to her and once again replied with a quizzical expression,?S-H-I-T.?

The blonde finally decided to explain things, and this time she said, ?T-G-I-F, T-hank G-oodness I-ts F-riday; get it??

The man answered, ?S-H-I-T, S-orry H-oney, I-t?s T-hursday.?

Two men were walking home after a Halloween party and decided to take a shortcut through the cemetery just for laughs. Right in the middle of the cemetery, they were startled by a tap-tap-tapping noise coming from the misty shadows.

Trembling with fear, they found an old man with a hammer and chisel, chipping away at one of the headstones.

?Holy cow, Mister,? one of them said after catching his breath. ?You scared us half to death ? we thought you were a ghost! What are you doing working here so late at night??

?Those fools!? the old man grumbled. ?They misspelled my name!?

Sam and John were out cutting wood when John cut his arm off. Sam remained calm, wrapped the arm in a plastic bag, and took the arm and John to a surgeon.

?You are in luck,? said the surgeon. ?I am an expert in re-attaching limbs. Come back in four hours when I have completed the operation.?

So Sam returned in four hours and the surgeon said, ?I did it faster than I expected. Jon is down at the pub.?

Sam rushed down to the pub and was amazed to see John playing darts.

A few weeks later, Sam and John were cutting wood again when John accidentally cut off his leg.

Sam put the leg in a plastic bag and took it and John back to the same surgeon.

?Legs are harder,? said the surgeon, ?but I?ll see what I can do ? come back in six hours.?

Sam returned in six hours and the surgeon said, ?I finished early ? John?s playing football.?

Sam went to the field and to his surprise found John kicking 50 meter torpedoes.

A few weeks later, Sam and John were cutting wood again, when John accidentally cut off his own head.

Sam put the head in a plastic bag and took it and the rest of John to the surgeon, confident that the skillful surgeon would do the job.

?Gee, heads are really difficult to re-attach,? the surgeon muttered, ?but I?ll see what I can do ? come back in 12 hours.?

Sam returned in 12 hours.

?How did it go, Doc?? he asked.

?I?m sorry. John died,? the surgeon replied.

He suffocated in the plastic bag, you idiot!!?

A resident in a seaside hotel breakfast room called over the head waiter one morning.

?I want two boiled eggs, one of them so undercooked it?s runny, and the other so over cooked, it?s tough and hard to eat. Also, grilled bacon that has been left on the plate to get cold; burnt toast that crumbles away as soon as you touch it with a knife; butter straight from the deep freeze, so that it?s impossible to spread; and a pot of very weak coffee, lukewarm.?

?That?s a complicated order, sir,? said the bewildered waiter. ?It might be quite difficult.?

The guest replied, ?Oh, but that?s what you gave me yesterday!?

As a young married couple, a husband and a wife lived in a cheap housing complex near the base where he was working.

Their chief complaint was that the walls were paper-thin and that they had no privacy. This was painfully obvious when one morning the husband was upstairs and the wife was downstairs on the telephone. She was interrupted by the doorbell and went to greet her neighbor.

?Give this to your husband,? he said thrusting a roll of toilet paper into her hands. ?He?s been yelling for it for 15 minutes!?

Two men are approaching each other on a sidewalk. Both are dragging their right foot as they walk.

As they meet, one man looks at the other knowingly, points to his foot and says, ?Vietnam, 1969.?

The other points his thumb behind him and says, ?Dog doo, 20 feet back.?

The boyfriend said, ?We?re going to have a GREAT time Saturday. I?ve got three tickets for the show.?

?Why do we need three?? asked the girl.

?They?re for your father, mother and kid sister,? he replied.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

SATURDAY AUG 16TH

Good morning Abbers!

Sam, you certainly were up early friend. Hope you have a good day in this perfect weather

bear, enjoy yourself today & congrats on your 21 AF days - yay!

Mick, I think I've just learned a new word - extortionate!!! :H
        No change in the foot, at least it's not any worse. I crawl/hop out of bed to the coffee pot & the bottle of ibuprofen then just wait for some relief

I am happy about the butterflies because I have purposely been trying to attract them since I moved here. I chose several 'butterfly bushes' when we initially landscaped after building the house. Every year I dig in another perennial or two known to attract them (and bees too).

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

SATURDAY AUG 16TH

Mae everybody,i hate yelling for t.p! usually i just call hubs on his phone to bring me some upstairs haha,i love butterflies! we've had alot this year,yes bees too Lav,i think it's all the rain we've had,ugh so not into going to work today but must make the money back i spent yesterday,hope everyone has a good Saturday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

SATURDAY AUG 16TH

MAE ALL.......

Sam....is this a first for you? Starting the thread? :goodjob: Hope the market is good.

Bear...I can just picture you now....

congrats on being "legal" now

Mick....thanks for the double...all is forgiven. Glad to hear it was a cracking day for you.
            Visit with Dad was wonderful...very alert and acknowledged the arrival of his 6th great grandchild. Start of my week long vacation and for the first time in 2 years it actually feels like a holiday. :whee:

Lav...now I have to look up extortionate :H Can't quit thinking of the show "Under the Dome" when you talk about butterflies. Hope you get some answers for your foot soon.

Pauly...do you always take your phone into the Loo? Hope your workday is going quickly.

Starting to cloud over and I'm hoping it'll rain soon so I don't feel guilty about snuggling in my non-leopard pj's and reading the afternoon away. Have a Super AF Saturday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

SATURDAY AUG 16TH

Hi all - 4th load of laundry in - up early to get girls to a riding clinic
              Done some errands, keep running back to shove laundry in.
              Sam - have a great market day - so understand the attraction of eyelids being closed thou! Got some fresh figs at the market today - have to pace myself as they are quiet sugary, but a passing treat as the season is pretty short.
              Mick - ok, I am not a poet and I know it - you just showed me why!
              Lav - love monarchs -have you read any of the Mexican folk lore around monarchs? Just read a lovely novel that told the tales nicely (reading is my release, but i read trashy novels as my mother would put it for relaxation - too much "real" reading for work!)
              PPQ - you seem to be having such a good time with your Dad of late, long may it last:l it is lovely that he is aware of the happenings in his life.
              Bear - 21 - you go!!!
              Pauly - have a good one (I keep a basket of TP in my loo - even if I try calling I don't get responses:H - and yes, carry my phone everywhere, but i do have excuse of being on call
              Det - hope the tough mudder goes well - my friends will be there, with Lavs DIL - so say hi to everyone, looks like lovely weather for it.
              Hope all is good TT - no tears from haircuts yesterday - big sigh!!

OK - the annoying little bell on the washer just rang for my attention.
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SATURDAY AUG 16TH

Good news X 2

My DIL survived the mudder run with only a superficial scrape on an arm.
                AND, my oldest grandson EB came over & helped me move those caterpillars this afternoon. He was very concerned that they have a fresh food source so we moved them to the parsley :H

It was a WIN WIN kind of day!!!

Hope you got your TP Pauly - I hate to drip dry myself :H

Nice jammies PQ - we should all get some!!!

SL, I have read a fair bit about the monarchs over the years
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X