friday the twenty tooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday the twenty tooth

mornin all...and how is the world today then?that is apart from tossers trying to tell me all about football in a million different languages or sell louis vitton handbags!!these spammers must have very sad lives!anyway off we go ..Friday today it is..so the weekend revs up from here..tea and coff ee on the go..tho not for me ..cant even have a brew till after 0930!!

hiya dtd ..how are thing with you today?all good?take it easy and have a great weekend

hiya Lav...well whats the outcome?did you get the phone call?swop you a coffee for some of those tommies..Ive put a couple of bananas in my greenhouse to help ripen things off.what do you do with all the toms?watched the start of the new Amish programme..take note...the start!it was absolute kerap!!you kidz minding today?whatever you have a good one...

hiya Pauly..ha be prepared..yep your rabbit will def be able to climb stairs!!my brown lop eared who I thought was a lazy arse..cleared a 2 ft fence no problem!!you need a cable tidy either make or buy one that way all the wiring is encased in one big toob.Saw RC on another fred couple of weeks ago seems to be doing ok..dunno the details what happened tho.

hiya Caysea..nice to see you..life treating you good?

AHHH the famous Molly malone from Dublins fair city :H and how are you this foine day to be sure?grand?good thats grand ..glad it makes you laff..tho I fail to see how you cant have toime to jump in here...theres plenty of time available between going "ssshh" to noisy people in the library and changing the date on the book stamper :H:H great to see you Molls..hows the rest of your gang?no more canadia trips planned?

hiya ppqp ..hows the joliday doing?have you got another wee cough or was it just the one?
    as for the other boss comments....as wise old sage once said to me....fk him and his comments :H he doesnt run your life!!so holiday brew it is for you.

morning bear...no punches pulled on this one...just knew as soon as you didnt post that the wheel had come off...you did really well..just read our own post back to yourself..now what would ou say if someone else had written that? the circumstances leading up to the stress are irrelevant ..they could have been anythin ..ok the cat was ill..accepted that wouldnt be nice to deal with..as for the work issue ..you had dealt with the main bulk of that very well..plus there was quite a bit of support on how to deal with the fallout on here..people are willing to help ..not just with al issues but other things too...just ask..In short and plain speak..I can summarise what the counsellor told you ...you were fed up ...peed off and as a get out whacked the beer n fags..I do note there was no solution given tho..not being disrespectful,but there is probably more knowledge on here than he/ she could ever begin to amass!! so thats it Im afraid...the solution is in your hands...if you want to quit then you need to commit to it it and not go off half cocked when you feel cheesed off..you need other coping skills to fall back on..make some up try some..whether its running screaming punching a wall exercise reading breathing ex,there are loads that dont necessitate the skills required to pull back a ring tab...so now that your ass is sore from falling off the horse, get up,dust down and climb back on...you know you can do it ...so stay focussed ,work on your coping skills, put the individual issues in little boxes and deal with them before they turn into a wall of stress...

hiya SL...hows you today? all good?into your second part of the annum...do you know the most important part of your post? " but more importantly that you could have a good life without drinking, " so pleased that you found that one out.any plans for the weekend?

hiya Sam...hows you this fine day?still grid locked ?be great weekend for you if that carries on...no markets for you.....

hiya tt hows are you today?

right folks time to go ..have a great weekend

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Person asked a young engineer who was fresh out of MIT, ?What starting salary were you thinking about??

The Engineer said, ?In the neighborhood of $125,000 a year, depending on the benefits package.?

The interviewer said, ?Well, what would you say to a package of 5 weeks vacation, 14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, and a company car leased every 2 years ? say, a red Corvette??

The Engineer sat up straight and said, ?Wow! Are you kidding??

The interviewer replied, ?Yeah, but you started it.?

Little Johnny was eating breakfast one morning and got to thinking about things. ?Mommy, mommy, why has daddy got so few hairs on his head?? he asked his mother.

?He thinks a lot,? replied his mother, pleased with herself for coming up with a good answer to her husband?s baldness.

Or she was until Johnny thought for a second and asked, ?So why do you have so much hair??

George had responded to a call from his attorney, insisting that they meet at once. He arrived at his lawyer?s firm, and was ushered into his office.

?Do you want the bad news first or the terrible news?? the lawyer asked.

?Well, if those are my choices, I guess I?ll take the bad news first.?

?Your wife found a picture worth a half-million dollars.?

?That?s the bad news?? George was stunned? ?If you call that bad, I can?t wait to hear the terrible news.?

?The terrible news is that it?s of you and your secretary.?

A doctor had just bought a villa on the French Riviera, when met an old lawyer friend whom he hadn?t seen in years, and they started talking. The lawyer, as it turned out, owned a nearby villa. They discussed how they came to retire to the Riviera.

?Remember that lousy office complex I bought?? asked the lawyer, ?Well, it caught fire, and I retired here with the fire insurance proceeds. What are you doing here??

The doctor replied, ?Remember that real estate I had in Mississippi? Well, the river overflowed, and here I am with the flood insurance proceeds. It?s amazing that we both ended up here in pretty much the same way.?

?It sure is,? the lawyer replied, looking puzzled, ?but I?m confused about one thing ? how do you start a flood??

It?s a sunny morning in the Big Forest and the Bear family is just waking up.Baby Bear goes downstairs and sits in his small chair at the table. He looks into his small bowl. It is empty! ?Who?s been eating my porridge?? he squeaks.

Daddy Bear arrives at the table and sits in his big chair. He looks into his big bowl. It is also empty! ?Who?s been eating my porridge?? he roars.

Mummy Bear puts her head through the serving hatch from the kitchen and yells, ?For Pete?s sake, how many times do we have to go through this? It was Mummy Bear who go up first. It was Mummy Bear who woke everybody else in the house up. It was Mummy Bear who unloaded the dishwasher from last night and put everything away. It was Mummy Bear who went out into the cold early morning air to fetch the newspaper. It was Mummy Bear who set the table. It was Mummy Bear who put the cat out, cleaned the litter box and filled the cat?s water & food dish. And now that you?ve decided to come down stairs and grace me with your presence?. listen good because I?m only going to say this one more time??. I haven?t made the @#*% porridge yet!!

An elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of years.

He finally went to a doctor, and was fitted with excellent new hearing aids.

He returned a month later for a checkup, and the doctor said, ?Your hearing is perfect! Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again.?

The gentleman replied, ?Oh, I haven?t told my family just yet. I still sit around quietly; but, now I listen to the conversations. I?ve changed my will three times already.

A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.

- ?House? for instance, is feminine: ?la casa?. ?Pencil?, however, is masculine: ?el l?piz.?

A student asked what gender is ?computer? Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether ?computer? should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

The men?s group decided that ?computer? should definitely be of the feminine gender (?la computadora?), because:
    1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
    2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;
    3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
    4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

The women?s group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine (?el computador?), because:
    1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
    2. They have a lot of data but still can?t think for themselves;
    3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and
    4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

The women won.

A new employee (a blonde) is hired at the Tickle Me Elmo factory, and she reports for her first day promptly at 0800. The next day at 0845 there is a knock at the Personnel Manager?s door. The Foreman from the assembly line throws open the door and begins to rant about the new employee. He complains that she is incredibly slow, and the whole line is backing up, putting the entire production line behind schedule.

The Personnel Manager decides he should see this for himself, so the two men march down to the factory floor. When they get there, the line is so backed up that there are Tickle Me Elmo?s all over the factory floor and they?re really beginning to pileup.At the end of the line stands the new employee surrounded by mountains of Tickle Me Elmo?s. She has a roll of plush red fabric and a huge bag of small marbles. The 2 men watch in amazement as she cuts a little piece of fabric, wraps it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew the little package between Elmo?s legs

The Personnel Manager bursts into laughter. After several minutes of hysterics he pulls himself together and approaches the woman. I?m sorry,he says to her, barely able to I keep a straight face, but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday. Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles.

Two salesmen were going door to door, and knocked on the door of a woman who was not happy to see them. She told them in no uncertain terms that she did not want to hear their offer and slammed the door in their faces. To her surprise, however, the door did not close and, in fact, bounced back open. She tried again, really put her back into it, and slammed the door again with the same result-the door bounced back open.

Convinced these rude young people were sticking their foot in the door,she reared back to give it a slam that would teach them a lesson, when one of them said: ?Ma?am, before you do that again you need to move your cat.?

A rookie police officer was out for his first ride in a cruiser with an experienced partner. A call came in telling them to disperse some people who were loitering.

The officers drove to the street and observed a small crowd standing on a corner.

The rookie rolled down his window and said, ?Let?s get off the corner people.?

A few glances, but no one moved, so he barked again, ?Let?s get off that corner? NOW!?

Intimidated, the group of people began to leave, casting puzzled stares in his direction.

Proud of his first official act, the young policeman turned to his partner and asked, ?Well, how did I do??

Pretty good,? chuckled the vet, ?especially since this is a bus stop.?

Two morons are riding around looking for a place to have a picnic.
    One moron says, ?Hey, lets have a picnic over there under that tree.?
    The other moron says,? No, no, lets have it in the middle of the road.?
    They fought and came to a decision to have it in the middle of the road. Not long afterwards a car came speeding towards them, swerved off the road and ran into the tree.
    One moron says, ?See if we were over there we would be dead right now.?

Four brothers left home for college, and they became successful doctors and lawyers and prospered. Some years later, they chatted after having dinner together. They discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother who lived far away in another city.

The first said, ?I had a big house built for Mama.?

The second said, ?I had a hundred thousand dollar theater built in the house.?

The third said ?I had my Mercedes dealer deliver an SL600 to her.?

The fourth said, ?You know how Mama loved reading the Bible and you know she can?t read anymore because she can?t see very well. I met this preacher who told me about a parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took twenty preachers 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $100,000 a year for twenty years to the church, but it was worth it. Mama just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it.?

The other brothers were impressed. After the holidays Mom sent out her thank you notes.

?She wrote: ?Milton, the house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway.?

?Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home, I have my groceries delivered, so I never use the Mercedes. The thought was good. Thanks.?

?Michael, you gave me an expensive theater with Dolby sound, it could hold 50 people, but all my friends are dead, I?ve lost my hearing and I?m nearly blind. I?ll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the same.?

?Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give little thought to your gift. The chicken was delicious. Thank you.?

A high-school student came home from school seeming rather depressed.

"What's the matter, son," asked his mother.

"Aw, gee," said the boy, "It's my grades. They're all wet."

"What do you mean 'all wet?'"

"I mean," he replied, "below C-level."

and finally.....Molly ..just for you

Two Englishmen walking through the woods with a large Salmon under each arm when they met two Irishmen, Michael and Donal.

?Hey there?s some wonderful salmon, where did you get them??

?Don?t tell anyone,? replied the Englishmen, ?but we poached them out of the river.?

?How did you do that?? asked Donal

?Well, Fred here dangles over the bridge, I hang on to his legs and when the salmon leap out of the water on their way upstream, he just catches them.?

?We?ll try that Michael me boy.? says Donal

They get to the bridge and Donal hangs Michael over the edge of the bridge by his legs, after about twenty minutes Michael screams?

?Quick pull me up, pull me up!?

?Have you got a salmon?? asks Donal,

?No,? replies Michael ?but there?s a train coming.?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

friday the twenty tooth

Evening (morning, afters) absters. Its so disheartening to see the crap being posted all over MWO. I personally don?t think just sending a donation at the moment will make much difference ? happy to pay my way ? but I would like to have more confidence in what I might be paying for.

Bear you said ?sat in bath and had long cry last night - felt much better - like I've got some of it out? ? well maybe this is one way you can deal with some of the tension and anxiety you feel. Its not ideal to be weeping all the time:upset: but a bath is as good a place as any (saves clothes - one of the joys of parenting is dealing with tear-stained tops). Seriously, dealing with our emotions is so vital to our sobriety. Mick said this as well (I just read his post).

SL ? the joys of being back at school! My girl has big-time high-school exams next week (she has another dose in November) so I am spoiling her with yummy food and encouragement. Made pud tonight. Baked lemon and lime sponge pud..

PPQP ? its warmer here than where you are! But like you say it could be high temps for you again soon. Layers, layers, layers :H

Pauly ? how you doing on the Campral? Give it a decent go and it might really help. Hope work is tolerable and there are no ratty clients. Mind you, I once went to a hairdresser who was really horrible to me - I never went back of course. Apparently she was like this to many people - even though she was a very good cutter.

Any news on the foot Lav? I worry that when I miss a few days that I miss any news.

Mick ? did we ever ask you if you got up early on Sundays to travel to a market of some sort? Just wondering.

Hope you are doing well Sam. You too Det.

Patrice ? we haven?t heard from you in a while. What?s up?

Well my dears I am really tired ? so much at work to deal with ? it seems endless. I sort one thing out and then another one pops up - and there are on-going sagas that just seem to never end. Been falling asleep earlier than normal too but I guess the good thing is that I am getting more sleep. If only I didn?t have a bladder??:H

You all have a fabulous Friday and lets hope the spam gets replaced by marmite and vegemite :H:H:H

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

hiya tt....nope it isnt a market..like your good self,I am happy to be in..but as you say..the timimng is not right at the mo certainly not going to pay in to watch some little no mark ruin the thread!!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

Good morning Abbers & Happy Friday!

Had some thunderstorms last evening, hope they chased the humidity out of here. It's been yucky out there the past few days. Still supposed to head up to 80 degrees today!
        I am going to have to make some calls to get my test results I guess - haven't heard anything yet.
        Mick, I've been peeling & cooking down the tomatoes with some fresh basil into sauce then freezing it because I'm too lazy to go through the canning process. I give away as many tomatoes as I can too :H
        The governor of our state has pitched a fit about the Amish mafia shows claiming the Amish are being exploited for profit. I personally think the Amish are well schooled in making profits - they will sell you anything you are willing to buy

bear, I'm sorry to hear your news.
        The cycle will keep repeating until you make some permanent changes in your thinking. The hypnosis played a key role for me in that department.

Hi there TT - you sound busy but happy, good for you!

Greetings to everyone. Let's all have a fabulous AF Friday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

hey there feeling focused setting off with big bottle of diet 7up for the weekend.working on my coping skills.see you sunday pm.
          one day at a time

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

bear good for you!!!!

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

morning all,
              looks like another grey day that may or may not produce rain.

Making salsa with our tomatoes. We also used to can quite a bit, now can only salsa. Then we freeze the rest.

Lav, hope you get your results soon!

Mick, no market yesterday but will have one on Saturday.

Be well everyone!
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and the brew. Blood work should be done by now so hope you had a great lunch to make up for the fasting. Had a lovely time out yesterday, got all my venting done so having a stress free Friday so far.

TT...it's way too early to start thinking about layers :stomper:

Lav...hope you get your answers soon.

Bear...good for you...stay focused. :l

Sam...venture outside anyways as it's farther away from the rolling pin. :H

Thinking about brekie now. Wonder if there's any bacon left. Have a great AF Friday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

Mae everybody,haha"two test tickles"good one Mick,so bunnies can climb stairs,great,more fun to look forward to,TT,i'm not sure how the campral is going,i started a thread in meds hoping to get more feedback,i feel anxious and irritable with a slght tremor on it,i can't cut hair with a dang tremor! i don't know if these s.e's will go away or what,i'm gonna call the doc at 9 see what he says,all i can say is at least i gave it a shot,don't know til you try something,anyways keep us posted on the foot Lav,i'm anxious to know what's up,Bear,i posted yesterday in the afternoon but it was erased along with the spam,i just said i kinda felt like you were thinking of drinking in one of your posts,i can kind of tell when your losing your mojo,you and i seem to be in a similar pattern,next time hit up 5 guys instead,i know you like that place,screw weight loss for now,when i was sober for a stretch during the holidays last year i lost ten pounds without doing anything,and i pig out during the holidays and the weight still dropped,stop overwhelming yourself with stuff,soberiety first,bullshit lasthope everyone has a lovely Friday
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

Talked to the Podiatrist just now - Dx is a stress fracture! My dog is totally responsible too :H
                    Nothing to do but wait it out, no surgery & I am grateful for that. Will be picking up a walking boot Monday afternoon. :yay:

bear, try to relax & enjoy your weekend!

Pauly, did the tremors just start with the med? I have had a tremor in one hand since my late 20's. Mine is a neurological problem called ET. I don't like the meds they use for that so I just live with it but it's only one hand, weird. Talk to your doc if it continues to be a problem & keeps you from working
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

Yeah Lav,it started about 3 days into the campral,glad we got the answer on the foot,dang dog! i thought maybe you dropped one of your monster veggies on it haha
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

Pauly my daughter has a very slight tremor and she does painting! She won't let me get it checked. It's only there sometimes.
                        Lav. Well sort of good news about the stress fracture - at least it's a clear explanation. My partner gives me daily stress fractures:H
                        Bear - don't let your parents talk you into drinking. You are an independent adult. You can't have just one glass cos you don't drink anymore. :h

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

Took me a while to find you all! This spamming is ridiculous! I hope i don't lose you all - you have to get me into my year!
                          Out at a day long symposium today - little too many people for this introvert - got to go quiet now and re-energize
                          Glad to see you back Bear - will have to go look and find your post, somehow I have missed it - but just glad you keep returning.
                          Happy you know what is wrong and that it will heal Lav - hope you are munching your calcium! Sorry it is a fracture thou - but at least it is something, not just a mysterious ache - I have had a swollen toe for nearly two years that hurts - probably arthritis, wish it was a fx that would heal.
                          Mick, keep meaning to ask how the young midwife is doing in her new job? Hope all is going well.
                          Good to see the rest of the abbers - will check in later. Just homework to contend with this weekend...oh, and on call of course!
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

PS TT - I will take the marmite please:H
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

friday the twenty tooth

Checking in.....and not sure what up with the donation thing. RJ had a pretty good ride with the "River Pharmacy" and when then they backed out everything went kind of nuts. IMO she has not been active here.....so I would see this as going away.

Short story....my life has been crazy and great. I am working on a new life. And I am getting it together. Work is ending.....I can't even in write out the deal they offered me. It was crazy I said no. I think we are pretty much at terms of firing me next Friday. Please fire me

Yoga Therapy is going awesome.....and now completely focused on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X