SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

Morning everyone its Sunday morning ? so don?t loose this post please! I know most of you are only facing Saturday or it is evening for those living to the east of New Zealand. I think I will now resign myself to weekends being accident zones. Yesterday the cat jumped through the toilet window ? and broke 3 louvres. Cat is fine but it was another job for my partner to fix ? had to board the hole up as it's a big window ? and we can?t get glass cut until Monday. Another task for me ? and it was meant to be a writing day!

Lav ? looks like we both have to be careful around our pets!:H

Took me a while to get on the site this morning. I guess we can only wait and see. One of the problems with a FB page is that will be for one and all (if Neltz kindly administers it) and I don?t know how unwieldy that would be. I think it would be hard to have the kind of conversations we have on this thread as a small (but hardly exclusive) group. It would also be tricky to provide the intense, regular and magnificent support the Newbies Nest does. That thread is so busy.

Good to see you SF and lets hope things work out.
    PPQP ? I agree about the homey aspect of this thread and site. Each site has their own character and this one worked and works for me. I want to see that help others too.

How?s your daughter doing with the boyfriend/partner Mick? Glad to see that she has her mojo back.

Pauly ? I can imagine how horrible it would be cutting hair with parents standing over you. I confess I was pretty bad as a parent ? once when my daughter was about 9 years old ? her very long hair was so tangled I took her to the hairdressers and said I would pay anything for them to untangle it! It took several hairdressers (I think they took turns) but they weren?t pleased. This all became much better when she was old enough to properly brush her hair and I started stocking brushes in all sorts of places. Hair is shoulder length now.

I bet that bored everyone including the spammers (I know they don't read anything ). :H

Hope everyone else is doing well ? SL, Sam ? how?s things? Bear ? I know you are away but the silence worries me. Check in when you can. Same with you Det.

You all have an accident-free Sunday and be extra careful around pets and small children.

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

Top of the morning to you TT and FabAbbers everywhere,

Geez TT, your cat jumped through a glass window?! Well, let's hope i don't cop a flying drumstick to the back of the head at band rehearsal today. Spam seems to have been removed for now. All very good here.

Wishing all a safe, sober and magical weekend.

G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

Hi there Mr G - you should be fine as long as you avoid small cute furry animals (including koalas!):H

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

posting in tomorrow just because I can :H
        One of my new vices is one of those coffees from those fancy places....well Starbucks isn't so fancy, but they do cost - but it is my treat....anyhoos, I don't watch Oprah and really don't know much about her - but today's quote on my expensive coffee was appropriate (I did something that I try not to as part of my staying the course plan and ended up shopping after noon on a weekend and the wines looked way too interesting today) - "The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want" - that worked well for me today, and I think I will keep that one on my board....I left the wine for others to purchase I am glad to say...
        See everyone tomorrow - glad it looks good over there. I have had enough of cats for a while, so hopefully mine are not reading your cats high jinx TT - not in the mood for broken windows for sure!
        Happy playing G
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

jeez and theres me thinking Im up early!! how are yizall?its 4.20 am ..this is getting kinda regular pour moi...sundays at this time...sad thing is..I enjoy it!!

hiya TT......guess the cat just used up 2 of its lives...one jumping through the window..the second when you saw the mess!!!how are you today?all good?as far as this spamming goes..I honestly think we try to work through it....

hey Mr G ..hows things in a land down under?all good?

SL.....how are you doing?good quote that...what is more interesting is the fact that you mentioned that you went into a store and noticed the wine...and came out with none!!...and no weeping and wailing ,hair ripping out or anything...that for me says it all.so well done you...:goodjob:getting a bit nearer your old stomping grounds today...Newark..have a great day.

hiya Sam..how did the market go ?any good?had a look at that sobriety site ...cant and wont call any of them...but it doesnt seem to have the cosy sort of firesidey chat feel to it.

hiya Lav...glad the foot is getting a little better for you..bit early for a brew..but here you go

hiya ppqp..how are you this morning brew in bed ..here you go...so its back to work tomorrow..dont forget...dont light any fireworks..just watch them..should be fun!we need piccies of these beds..

hiya Pauly...wow hope your today is going a bit better for you..sounds like you got your hands full there..hope the headaches go!

right need to get me bum in gear.....c yawl later

A kind-hearted fellow was walking through Central Park in New York and was astonished to see an old man, fishing rod in hand, fishing over a beautiful bed of red roses.

?Tsk Tsk!? said the passerby to himself. ?What a sad sight. That poor old man is fishing over a bed of flowers. I?ll see if I can help.? So the kind fellow walked up to the old man and asked,

?What are you doing, my friend??

?Fishin?, sir.?

?Fishin?, eh. Well how would you like to come have a drink with me??

The old man stood put his rod away and followed the kind stranger to the corner bar. He ordered a large glass of vodka and a fine cigar.

His host, the kind fellow, felt good about helping the old man, and he asked, ?Tell me, old friend, how many did you catch today??

The old fellow took a long drag on the cigar, blew a careful smoke ring and replied, ?You are the sixth today, sir!?

The General went out to find that none of his G.I.s were there. One finally ran up, panting heavily. ?Sorry, sir! I can explain, you see I had a date and it ran a little late. I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but it broke down, found a farm, bought a horse but it dropped dead, ran 10 miles, and now I?m here.?

The General was very skeptical about this explanation but at least he was here so he let the G.I. go. Moments later, eight more G.I.s came up to the general panting, he asked them why they were late.

?Sorry, sir! We all had dates and they ran a little late, we ran to the bus but missed it, we hailed a cab but it broke down, found a farm, bought a horse but it dropped dead, ran 10 miles, and now we?re here.?

The General eyed them, feeling very skeptical but since he let the first guy go, he let them go, too.

A ninth G.I. jogged up to the General, panting heavily, ?Sorry, sir! I had a date and it ran a little late, I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but??

?Let me guess,? the General interrupted, ?it broke down.?

?No, sir? said the G.I., ?there were so many dead horses in the road, it took forever to get around them.?

One day, Uncle Joe got fired from his construction job. His nephew asked him what happened.br />
          ?You know what a foreman is?? he asked. ?The one who stands around and watches the other men work??

?What?s that got to do with it?? he asked.

?Well, he just got jealous of me,? Uncle Joe explained. ?Everyone thought I was the foreman.?

Walking up to a department store?s fabric counter, a pretty girl asked, ?I want to buy this material for a new dress.How much does it cost??

?Only one kiss per yard,? replied the smirking male clerk.

?That?s fine,? replied the girl. ?I?ll take ten yards.?

With expectation and anticipation written all over his face, the clerk hurriedly measured out and wrapped the cloth, then held it out teasingly.

The girl snapped up the package and pointed to a little old man standing beside her. ?Grandpa will pay the bill,? she smiled.

A judge was interviewing a lady regarding her pending divorce, and asked, ?What are the grounds for your divorce??

She replied, ?About four acres and a nice little home in the middle of the property with a stream running by.?

?No,? he said, ?I mean what is the foundation of this case??

?It is made of concrete, brick and mortar,? she responded.

?I mean,? he continued, ?What are your relations like??

?I have an aunt and uncle living here in town, and so do my husband?s parents.?

He said, ?Do you have a real grudge??

?No,? she replied, ?We have a two-car carport and have never really needed one.?

?Please,? he tried again, ?is there any infidelity in your marriage??

?Yes, both my son and daughter have stereo sets. We don?t necessarily like the music, but the answer to your question is ?yes?.?

?Ma?am, does your husband ever beat you up??

?Yes,? she responded, ?about twice a week he gets up earlier than I do.?

Finally, in frustration, the judge asked, ?Lady, why do you want a divorce??

?Oh, I don?t want a divorce,? she replied. ?I?ve never wanted a divorce. My husband does. He said he can?t communicate with me.?

A couple of drinking buddies who are airplane mechanics are in a hangar at JFK New York. It?s fogged in and they have nothing to do.

One of them says to the other, ?Man, have you got anything to drink??

The other one says, ?Nah, but I hear you can drink jet fuel, and it will kinda give you a buzz.?
          So they do drink it, get smashed and have a great time, like only drinking buddies can.

The following morning, one of the men wakes up and he just knows his head will explode if he gets up, but it doesn?t. He gets up and feels good. In fact, he feels great! No hangover!

The phone rings. It?s his buddy. The buddy says, ?Hey, how do you feel??

?Great?, he said! ?Just great?! The buddy says, ?Yeah, I feel great too, and no hangover. That jet fuel stuff is great. We should do this more often!

?Yeah, we could, but there?s just one thing . . . ?

?What?s that??

?Did you fart yet??

?No . . . ?

?Well, DON?T, ?cause I?m in Phoenix.?

A young lady visited the government matchmaker for marriage and requested ? ?I?m looking for a spouse. Can you please help me to find a suitable one??

The marriage officer said, ?You?re requirements please.?

?Well, let me see. Needs to be good looking, polite, humorous, sporty, knowledgeable, good at singing and dancing. Willing to accompany me the whole day at home during my leisure hours, if I don?t go out. Telling me interesting stories when I need companion for conversation and be silent when I want to rest.?
          The officer listened carefully and replied, ?I understand. You need a television.?

A strong young man at the construction site was bragging that he could outdo anyone in a feat of strength. He made a special case of making fun of Morris, one of the older workmen.

After several minutes, Morris had enough. ?Why don?t you put your money where your mouth is?? he said. ?I will bet a week?s wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to that outbuilding that you won?t be able to wheel back.?

?You?re on, old man,? the braggart replied. ?It?s a bet! Let?s see what you got.?

Morris reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles. Then, nodding to the young man, he said, ?All right. Get in.?

Don't put all my eggs in one basket?

Nice try, basket industry.

"Any spare change,mate?" Said this homeless man.

"No,sorry" I replied.

"You must have some change somewhere in that big bag of yours."

"No sorry,no change mate..How about a note instead?"

"That would be so kind." He said.

So I wrote,I DON'T HAVE ANY CHANGE on a small piece of paper and handed it to him.

BT are putting up the price of their phone service but "are protecting people on low incomes"

Why bother? Most people on benefits have an iPhone 5S on a contract.

I took my son to the local track to learn to ride his bike, he soon got the hang of it when the train came...
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

Good morning Abbers,

Thanks for the super early start TT!!!
            I actually saw this thread started last evening. Crazy how we live in such different time zones!!
            How big is your cat to break a window like that?? That must be one big & strong feline :H I definitely would steer clear of that animal!!!

Hi there G & SL! Glad you got home safely Det

Mick - I can be in Newark in 20 minutes. Newark, Delaware that is!!!
            Hope you have a great day doing whatever it is that you are doing

The weather is supposed to be decent today so I will go play outside as much as I can. No big plans for the day.
            Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav

Hope you have a good day doing whatever it is that you do
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

morning all!!
              good market yesterday. Rained hard all day except from 6 to12:30, which was the time of set up to break down. How perfect was that?! Then tunes last night, over all a fun exhausting day. Sees there a possible storm brewing in the south lands but looks like it will hopefully miss the eastern part of US. I'm hoping to go to the OBX next weekend. We'll see.

TT, thanks for the start up. My wife has the same thoughts of Sunday and me. Mostly my accidents have been Sundays with results going to the ER. That's been awhile though, but any time I start fooling with equipment I seem to get a reminder!

G, glad to see you here. Looks like you've been doing well.

SL, fun to be in the present and future, is it not?!

Morning Lav, you washed away yet? I planning on working on one my fence projects, ground good and soft for driving posts.

Morning Mick, like those early hours, eh? Actually, once I'm up I enjoy it too. Know what you mean about the fireside feel. The other seemed to be more like a FB set up. BUT, it is not spammed to death. I really like this site set up but it needs to be more secure. I see spammers still quite active here. The lack of communication from the powers that be is not a good thing either. Just my 2 cents. Hope your day is a good one!

well, off to feed animals, house sitting some cats...

Be well everyone
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

Mae everybody,up early on a Sunday too,but fihure it's best to stick to my usual routine anyways,hafta watch Louie all day cuz Kell has to work today cuz of back to school,so i'll be exhausted this evening,not much planned at all just usual grocery shopping and junk,hope we all have a good SundayBear,check in
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

evening all - back safe and sound and stayed sober
                  Is there talk of the site going?I'd miss you guys so much,there's been so much support here - don't like idea of FB.

Lovely weekend - took an IT break so couldn't log on while I was away - feel closer to accepting I can't drink - ever - talked it through with old friend and OH.Lovely catch up,chatted until 2am.
                  Good to be home with cat - TT your cat sounds a little accident prone,hope all ok.

Happy sober sunday everyone
                  one day at a time

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for the kickstart. Wow, what would have caused your cat to bolt like that.

Gman...good to see you popping in.

SL...see you're time traveling again. :H Love the expression....courage to live the life you want...it's in the book.

Mick...thanks for the brew, glad you were able to pop on before heading out. I saw that Newark clue on your comment to SL. Throw a few more out and maybe we'll solve the Mick Mystery before your 5th birthday. Noted...will just sit back and watch the fireworks. :H

Lav..hope you were able to "play outside". Foot must be feeling a bit better. Walking boot tomorrow.

Sam...glad the weather cooperated with your market. Off to look up OBX.

Pauly...look at it this way, with Louie keeping you hopping all day you should have a great sleep tonight.

Bear...:goodjob: Keep that attitude going and I'm glad you have people to talk to. The only talk of the site going down is us disgruntled postees with the spam. We'll all keep going as long as we can.

Had a great visit with my Dad yesterday. No outdoor trip though as it was a little chilly for him. Got some go-pro pics of the garden so will look at posting some soon. Have a Super AF Sunday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

More on the cat story. We brought him home as a kitten 4 years ago from the animal shelter and he was extremely nervous - still is. He had been a stray and was found with his whiskers cut off. The day he broke the windows I had taken him to the vets for his annual check and I had to lock him inside the house so he wouldn't escape. He hates travelling and hates the cat box. When he broke the windows (this is after the vet) the doors at our house were all closed as it was cold but the bathroom one was open. They are louvres and he has leaped through louvres before - and broken them.
                      I have decided now to get a different type of window - not louvres.
                      usually the cat attacks me (he claws my feet) when he wants out. This is not cute and has drawn blood at times.
                      He's not a huge cat either - just very very fast and has great climbing skills.
                      So thats my cat's psychiatric profile - just in case:H:H

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

Hope Newark was good to you Mick.
                        been shopping with one girl today - not tears, must be a success! (PS - no tears from either of us:H)
                        Also got a new planter pot for my cheese plant that got too big for the house, moved outside and is growing like gangbusters - think it wants to take over the front porch!
                        TT - we have a nutty, scaredy-cat cat too, she runs into things but doesn't do it with enough force to break, but just looks dazed afterwards.
                        Good to see you home safe and sound Det - not off to Burning Man this year Whats the news on the house front?
                        Well there was an earthquake about an hour and a half from here - not sure if it moved the ground around here, but we slept thru it - it was a biggie, but for the size of it the damage seems to be light....did your relatives (brother) Lav feel it?? Some friends in Sacramento did.
                        Well, thinking of what to do for supper - lamb burgers tonight I think...
                        Be good, be safe, see you laters.....

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

whats a cheese plant?
                          Yes heard about the earthquake when I woke up this morning (Monday) and thought of you guys

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

Wondered who would ask that TT:H I only know as Swiss cheese plant as it has holes in the leaves - on Google it says that its a "Monstera deliciosa"

Comment

SUNDAY 24 AF AUGUST

I guess the earthquake didn't bother my brother SL. I saw him posting something on FB about going for a long bike ride. He doesn't bother to let any of us know he's OK after these things anymore - whatever!! :H :H
                              I saw the pictures on the news of all the wine bottles on the floors of the wineries up in Napa - oh boy - some people are going to be very upset

Hi everyone!!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X