thu 28th aug af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 28th aug af daily

Morning all,day 8 here and I don't drink.
    I'm getting a bit of a cold here,this time next week I'll be off work after biopsy,not looking to having it done but looking forward to a bit of a break.

Busy busy day ahead,I'm off to gym after work tomorrow,no time tonight as I've got a hair cut at 7pm tonight.Dinner last night with friend,both thinking about quitting roller derby to have more time to try other things,but both still love skating,it becomes part of your identity.We'll see what happens,injury risk is very high.Until I have my results I'm not playing in case I need an op but will do non contact aspects of training.

Sam,can't imagine finding a snake at the door - I think I'd need a change of underwear!!

Mick - up at 4am yesterday???

SL - hope teen drama subsides,I still remember being that age.

PPQ - thank you xx

Lav - hope foot is on the mend - we've had a great summer too, it's just ending soon

TT - hello there!

Pauly - hope the grump subsides soon for you,thin kwe're feeling things because we're not muffling them - according to my counsellor feeling it means it goes quicker,rather than suppressing it with booze.

Happy Thursday everyone - almost the weekend!
    one day at a time

thu 28th aug af daily

oops 2 threads on the go ..bear you win ..by a minute!!!

mae all...and hows the world of quick thinking non drinking peeps today then?all good? excellent..looking forward happily to the weekend thats just around the corner?good show!!!but before you get too giddy...after this one...that means that there are only 17 left till some geezer in a beard with stable full of antlered horses and an extremely limited vocabulary of 2 letters...ho ho tries to jam himself down your chimney in order to leave beautiful trinkets made of hand crafted plastic from such far off lands as Taiwan and China..all fully guaranteed ..until such times as the big hand and the little hand on the clock cross paths

thats me grumpy guide to Chrimbo done ...tea n coffee on the stove..ok on with the show.

ok lets start with you SL..how are you? girlie drama sorted out now?hopefully all good in the household once more...hows this drought affecting you or isnt it..saw it on the news says it is the worst one ever.you the bad old days of that was a good night ..what did I do ..who did I embarrass ..who do I have to say sorry to..and my head is killing me and who has tried to hoover my mouth out and colour in my eyes red..have gone for you now..argh going back to that ? no ta

hiya sam.....Bedrock??hmm that rings a bell..yabba dabba doo!!so the snake is no more?copperhead to nohead in one easy move! you out surveying mushrooms today?have a good one

hiya Lav..hows you today? all good?wasnt a very succesful venture yesterday... yep think summer is over for us too wasnt so bad..we had nice sunny weather on the 14,17 ,19 and 24th of July..plus when it rained it was warm rain got to get my self in gear and get some planting done ....firstly brew time tho...after you madam...

ppqp ...whats this????a production crew?you going into the fillum industry now? not only are you taking over Calgarys gardens ..you want Warner Bros too!! where you gonna stop? ..have a coffee and take a breather..have a great day.

hiya tt...hows you today then?put a special date up as you can see ..thats me get out of jail free card..it can be any date you want so how are you doing ..hows work ..hows the house..is it all mended and fixed now?

hiya bear ..and hows the world with you today then?all good?Think I'm off to friend's for dinner tonight,tho not confirmed,if not then quick run sesh at the gym and then bake off....does that mean you are going to bake off?? or the telly series ??

right my mad melee of muppeteers ...have a grand day...enjoy every minute of it whilst you can...

The man passed out in a dead faint as he came out of his front door onto the porch. Someone dialed 911. When the paramedics arrived, they helped him regain consciousness and asked if he knew what caused him to faint.

"It was enough to make anybody faint," he said.

"My son asked me for the keys to the garage, and instead of driving the car out, he came out with the lawn mower."

A hunter visited another hunter and was given a tour of his home. In the den was a stuffed lion.

The visiting hunter asked, "when did you bag him?"

The host said, "that was three years ago, when I went hunting with my wife."

"What's he stuffed with," asked the visiting hunter. "My wife."

Two Virginia rednecks go on a fishing trip. They rent all the equipment - the reels, the rods, the wading suits, the rowboat, the car, and even a cabin in the woods. I mean they spend a fortune! The first day they go fishing, but they don't catch anything. The same thing happens on the second day, and on the third day. It goes on like this until finally, on the last day of their vacation, one of the men catches a fish. As they're driving home they're really depressed. One guy turns to the other and says,

"Do you realize that this one lousy fish we caught cost us fifteen hundred bucks?"

The other guy says, "Wow! Then it's a good thing we didn't catch any more!"

While sports fishing off the Florida coast, a tourist capsized his boat. He could swim, but his fear of alligators kept him clinging to the overturned craft. Spotting and old beachcomber standing on the shore, the tourist shouted,

"Are there any gators around here?!"

"No," the man hollered back,

"they ain't been around for years!?

Feeling safe, the tourist started swimming leisurely toward the shore. About halfway there he asked the guy,

"How'd you get rid of the gators?"

"We didn't do nothin'," the beachcomber said.

"The sharks got 'em."

A boss tells a blonde applicant,

"I'll give you $8 an hour, starting today, and in three months, I'll raise it to $10 an hour. So, when would you like to start?"

"after three months sir."

"I'm not saying that the customer service in my bank is bad, but when I went in the other day and asked the clerk to check my balance ... she leaned over and pushed me."

The world is divided into two groups. There are those who know, and those who don't know. Those who know are no problem. Those who don't know are also in two groups. One is those who don't know and know they don't know. Well, they can learn! But then, there are those who don't know, and don't know they don't know. And they become bosses.

A guy walks into a bar, orders 12 shots and starts drinking them as fast as he can.

The bartender asks, "Dang, why are you drinking so fast?"

The guy says, "You would be drinking fast, too, if you had what I had."

The bartender asks, "What do you have?"

The guy says, "75 cents."

The mother of a problem child was advised by a psychiatrist,

"You are far too upset and worried about your son. I suggest you take tranquilizers regularly."

On her next visit the psychiatrist asked,

"Have the tranquilizers calmed you down?"

"Yes," the boy's mother answered.

"And how is your son now?" the psychiatrist asked.

"Who cares?" the mother replied.

A blonde was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana. She wanted a pair of genuine alligator shoes, but didn't want to pay the high prices.After unsuccessfully haggling with of one of the shopkeepers, the blonde said,

"Maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator, so I can get a pair of shoes at a reasonable price."

Later in the day, the shopkeeper spotted the young woman standing waist deep in the water, shotgun in hand. She took aim at an alligator, killed it and hauled it onto the swamp bank. Lying nearby were several more of the dead creatures. The shopkeeper watched in amazement as the blonde flipped the alligator on its back and shouted in frustration,

"Darn, this one isn't wearing any shoes either."

so true.....

This is the story of four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was asked to do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. Consequently, it wound up that Nobody told Anybody, so Everybody blamed Somebody.

A blind man walks into a store with his seeing eye dog. All of a sudden, he picks up the leash and begins swinging the dog over his head. The manager runs up to the man and asks,

"What are you doing?!!" The blind man replies,

"Just looking around."

Lav.....

Why does a chicken coop only have 2 doors?

Because if it had 4, it would be chicken sedan.

An elderly couple were killed in an accident and found themselves being given a tour of heaven by Saint Peter.

"Here is your ocean-side condo, over there are the tennis courts, swimming pool, and two golf courses. If you need any refreshments, just stop by any of the many bars located throughout the area."

"Heck, Gloria,"

the old man hissed when Saint Peter walked off,

"we could have been here ten years ago if you hadn't heard about all that stupid oat bran, wheat germ, and low-fat diets!"

Comment

thu 28th aug af daily

Good morning Abbers,

Thanks for the double start ups Bear & Mick
      Haven't done anything yet today but refill my coffee cup :H

No big plans for me today but I always find something to do to keep me out of trouble!
      Greetings to TT, PQ, Pauly, Det, Sam & SL. Hope the teenage girl drama has subsided SL

Have a terrific AF Thursday one & all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thu 28th aug af daily

Mae everybody,goodness Sam i'd hate to be greeted by a venomous snake,a regolar one still would freak me out! Mick,you didn't say hi to me,i'm gonna kick your buttaell i was trying to go aspartame free for a week so i quit on Monday,i just don't know if i can do it,maybe cut back then quit,i know it's not a good thing to drink,but i looooove my soda! got to figure something out,was drinking coffee at work but it doesn't give me that same energy lift,PPQ,was right on the money when she said not to turn the exercise bike in my room as a clothes hanger,i just glanced at it looking all sad and unused,but hey i stand all day,that's my excuse,hope we all have a good Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

thu 28th aug af daily

Morning all
          looking forward to nice warm day. 'Veying , then back to fencing. Trying to get my ducks in a row for Saturday's departure. Got to map out my route. Hopefully leaving Saturday and returning Tuesday, we'll miss the holiday traffic. In any event, looking forward to time off.

Mick and Bear, thanks for the double kick off. Allowed me to have two cups of coffee.

Lav, how goes the footsie? Don't forget the arnica!

Thinking of you all, be well
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

thu 28th aug af daily

happy thoysday ABEroooooos!

back from a lovely scenic drive to Tahoe and enjoying my AF'ness glad to be feeling really strong and convicted with this quit.

Pauly, I love fizzy drinks but don't do sugar or artificial sweeteners, so I get the plain carbonated water which is really cheap and with a squeeze of fresh citrus hits the spot. At restaurants I'll order San Pellegrino or Perrier.

Mick, there's a whole bevvy of new 'antlered horses' in my neighborhood I saw this morning. our local deer have had a very productive season, with cute little bambies bouncing around and playing in the grass just 2 miles from my home.

Bear, hope you don't have to quit the skating. whats the biopsy for?

did a wonderful hard sword workout Tue night and tonight it's kickboxing. tue of next week I have to be on the road for 7 straight days (ugh!) so I'm trying to get as healthy as possible to bolster myself.

oh, here's a funny. I was looking at an Asian wholesale shopping website and found a lovely typo:
            'motorcycle helmet, waterproof to 500 meters'
            LOL! how handy.

Sam, Lav, (anyone else?) have a super marvy fun-filled carnival of a day!

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

thu 28th aug af daily

i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget paulyi must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i i must not forget paulymust not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget paulyi must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i i must not forget paulymust not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly ii must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget paulyi must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i i must not forget paulymust not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget paulyi must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i i must not forget paulymust not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly
              i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly i must not forget pauly
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

thu 28th aug af daily

Might have to report you as spam mick!:H

Comment

thu 28th aug af daily

Smartass!! Mick,you're a turd,but we love youjust got back from kohl's i had a ten dollar cash coupon so i bought capris for $1.50 woo-hoo,score!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

thu 28th aug af daily

MAE ALL...

Morning Day 8....maybe you can find a different way of getting your skating in besides roller derby....maybe you could start a new fad Thanks for the kickoff.

Mick...yup, went 100 miles an hour yesterday keeping up with everything, today it was like a morgue so I let myself leave an hour early :H It's fun to watch the actors trying out for their parts but I think I'll let the Brothers keep their jobs.
                    We may not report your missing pauly (I'm still snickering over that) as spam but keep that xmas talk up and there may be a few admin emails sent.

Lav...I'm sure you found something to keep you busy today, hope you had a good one.

Pauly...at least you didn't find clothes hanging on it. :H You could always just carry it up and down the stairs for exercise. Nice score on the capris!

Sam...I may of missed it but where are you off to? Googled amica and all I got was luxurious retirement homes. Don't think that's what you meant.

Det...good to hear you're feeling strong and convicted, you sound like it too.

It started raining here around noon, dark skies and temp dropped to 8 degrees. The stew in the slow cooker is calling my name. Have a peaceful AF evening all.....PPQP

Comment

thu 28th aug af daily

Hi PQ
                      I think Sam was referring to Arnica - an old homeopathic remedy for bruises & sprains. Almost as bad as BenGay :H:H
                      Jealous of your cooler weather
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thu 28th aug af daily

Gosh - I have not heard of arnica for years! Oldie but goodie
                        Teenage drama, in my experience, takes a bit more than a day to solve, but problems out in the open, some tears and hopefully now the healing can begin
                        Mick - I thought the spam was back:H Yep, the drought is pretty terrible. Hand watering some things now, letting the rest go brown, news today says there are lots of homes without running water. The fire season stands the chance of being terrible. As an old burns unit nurse that does worry me.....
                        OK - got to nag the homework brigade to get done. Friday tomorrow, and a long weekend - yeah
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                        X