tues 2nd sept ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tues 2nd sept ......

mae all..how r we today then?all good ..yep 2 freds up yesterday..lets see if we can get it right today..out again earlyish today,and the wearher doesnt look too bad at all...was supposed to rain yesterday but thankfully the forecasters got that one wrong!If I finish a bit earlier today going to see if I can get something done in the garden..
    tea and coffee on the go now so grab a brew.

hiya Lav..how are you doing today then?all good?hows the foot doing?was labour day a non labour day?big brew for you the noo.

hiya Det....best of luck to you starting today fro your trail on the trail..remember stay away from the inhospitality suite.

Pauly..owe you a biiiig apology ..didnt realise it was 30 days for you so very well done on that :goodjob: :l yes you are right..no one gives a rats about us and how much time we have whether we drink or not..thats why it is so important for us to celebrate it..because we are right the ret of the wureld is wrong!!!so keep it up...lets go for 40 shall we?thats 9 to push you can do it.

hiya SL...yeh yeh so you used the bbq all year..well let me tell you ..so could I..if Id have liked burnt cold sausages and half cooked chicken in the wind and rain!! eeeeee looxoory!!:H how did the running class do ?are you doing the 5k or half marathon? slight difference.back to work today for you is it?have a good day..more to the point hope someone else has a good day thru your efforts.

hiya tt...your post sounds like the start of a western ..hi folks its 2 threads Monday!!ow are you doing?reason I mentioned back to school is..children over here seem to have under developed legs and must be driven to school irrespective of distance !I can assure you ..I have definitely nothing to do with schools or children ..that would be like inviting King Herod to a kids birthday party!!

morning bear ...how are you? that sounds like a pretty good working week to me!!yep using up loads a courgettes too ..stir fries curries ..the lot..all out of the garden.have a great day.

hiya SF...hows you today then?all good...?

right folks ..orf we go on with the show..so take it easy and have a good one.

A man staggers into an emergency room with two black eyes and a five iron wrapped tightly around his throat. Naturally the doctor asks him what happened.

?Well, it was like this,? said the man. ?I was having a quiet round of golf with my wife when she sliced her ball into a pasture of cows. We went to look for it and while I was rooting around, I noticed one of the cows had something white at its rear end. I walked over and lifted up the tail and sure enough, there was my wife?s golf ball? stuck right in the middle of the cow?s butt. That?s when I made my mistake.?

?What did you do??, asks the doctor.

Well, I lifted the tail and yelled to my wife,

?Hey, this looks like yours!?

Two tourists were traveling through Louisiana. As they approached Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town?s name.
    They argued back and forth until they stopped for lunch. As they stood at the counter, one tourist asked the blonde employee, ?Before we order could you settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are very slowly.?
    The blonde leaned over and said ?Burrrrrrr Gurrrrrr Kingggg.?

An 80-year-old man goes for a physical. All of his tests come back with normal results. The doctor says, ?George, everything looks great. How are you doing mentally and emotionally? Are you at peace with God??

George replies, ?God and I are tight. He knows I have poor eyesight, so he?s fixed it so when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, poof! The light goes on. When I?m done, poof! the light goes off.?
    />?Wow, that?s incredible,? the doctor says. A little later in the day, the doctor calls George?s wife. ?Ethel,? he says, ?George is doing fine! But I had to call you because I?m in awe of his relationship with God. Is it true that he gets up during the night and poof! the light goes on in the bathroom, and when he?s done, poof! the light goes off??

Oh my God!? Ethel exclaims. ?He?s peeing in the refrigerator again!

Two guys left the bar after a long night of drinking, jumped in the car and started it up. After a couple of minutes, an old man appeared in the passenger window and tapped lightly. The passenger screamed, ?Look at the window. There?s an old ghost?s face there!? The driver sped up, but the old man?s face stayed in the window. The passenger rolled his window down part way and, scared out of his wits, said, ?What do you want??

The old man softly replied, ?You got any tobacco??

The passenger handed the old man a cigarette and yelled, ?Step on it,? to the driver, rolling up the window in terror.

A few minutes later they calmed down and started laughing again. The driver said, ?I don?t know what happened, but don?t worry; the speedometer says we?re doing 80 now.? All of a sudden there was a light tapping on the window and the old man reappeared.

?There he is again,? the passenger yelled. He rolled down the window and shakily said, ?Yes??

?Do you have a light?? the old man quietly asked. The passenger threw a lighter out the window saying, ?Step on it!?

They were driving about 100 miles an hour, trying to forget what they had just seen and heard, when all of a sudden there came some more tapping.

?Oh my God! He?s back!? The passenger rolled down the window and screamed in stark terror, ?WHAT NOW??

The old man gently replied, ?You want some help getting out of the mud??

A new business was opening and one of the owner?s friends wanted to send him flowers for the occasion. They arrived at the new business site and the owner read the card, ?Rest in Peace.? The owner was angry and called the florist to complain.

After he had told the florist of the obvious mistake and how angry he was, the florist replied, ?Sir, I?m really sorry for the mistake, but rather than getting angry, you should imagine this: somewhere, there is a funeral taking place today, and they have flowers with a note saying, ?Congratulations on your new location!??

Six retired Irishmen were playing poker in O?Leary?s apartment when Paddy Murphy loses $500 on a single hand, clutches his chest and drops dead at the table. Showing respect for their fallen brother, the other five continue playing standing up.

Michael O?Conner looks around and asks, ?Oh, me boys, someone got?s to tell Paddy?s wife. Who will it be??

They draw straws. Liam Gallagher picks the short one. They tell him to be discreet be gentle, don?t make a bad situation any worse.

?Discreet??? I?m the most discreet Irishmen you?ll ever meet. Discretion is my middle name. Leave it to me?

Gallagher goes over to Murphy?s house and knocks on the door Mrs. Murphy answers and asks what he wants. Gallagher declares: ?Your husband just lost $500 and is afraid to come home?

?Tell him to drop dead!? says Murphy?s wife.

?I?ll go tell him.? says Gallagher.

Four friends reunited at a party after 30 years. After a few laughs and drinks, one of them had to go to the rest room. The ones who stayed behind began to talk about their kids and their successes.

The first guy says:
    I am very proud of my son, he is my pride and joy. He started working at a very successful company at the bottom of the barrel. He studied Economics and Business Administration soon he was promoted and began to climb the corporate ladder becoming the General Manager and now he is the president of the company. He became so rich that he gave his best friend a top of the line Mercedes Benz for his birthday.

The second guy says:
    Damn, that?s terrific!! My son is also my pride and joy, I am very proud of him. He started working at a travelling agency for a very big airline. He went to flight school to become a pilot and also managed to become a partner in the company where he now owns the majority of the assets. He became so rich that he gave his best friend a brand new jet for his birthday.

The third guy says:
    Well, well, well congratulations!! My son is also my pride and joy and he is also very rich. He studied in the best universities and became an Engineer. He started his own construction company and became very successful and a multimillionaire. He also gave away some thing very nice and expensive to his best friend for his birthday. He built a 30,000 sq ft mansion specially for his friend.

The three friends congratulated each other mutually for the successes of theirs sons.

The fourth friend who earlier had gone to restroom returned and asked:
    What?s going on, what are all the congratulations for? One of the three said: We were talking about the pride we feel for the successes of our sons.
    And then he asked, What about your son?

The forth man replied: My son is Gay and he makes a living dancing as a stripper at a nightclub. The three friends said: What a shame that must be, that is horrible, what a disappointment you must feel!

The fourth man replied: No, I am not ashamed. Not at all. He is my son and I love him just as well, he is my pride and joy. And he is very lucky too. Did you know that his birthday just passed and the other day he received a beautiful 30,000 sq ft mansion, a brand new jet and a top of the line Mercedes Benz from his three boyfriends.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

tues 2nd sept ......

Hi Mick, one thread success!
    What are you doing at the moment,you said you may garden when you've finished?Hope you have good weather - lovely here.

Got my womb biopsy today,codeine,cat and hotwater bottle on standby.Just want it over,in 7.5 hours it will be. Other than that glad to be sober and taking rest of week off to chill out and recover.Not filling my time up with lots of 'must dos' and cancelling a social this Saturday to have more time at home - doing nothing apart from low level pottering about the house.Just what I need.

Hope everyone has a great day and Pauly - amazing job on your 30days
    one day at a time

Comment

tues 2nd sept ......

Hi and nite nite all. Slumber time for me. Hope the biopsy is not too painful Bear.
      Congrats Pauly or have I done that already? 30 days is :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::good job:
      I think you can post6 smilies at once here.
      Det stay away from Satans Den. Watch out for King Herod while you are at it.

Comment

tues 2nd sept ......

Good morning Abbers,

Happy Tuesday from the land of dripping sweat humidity
        We had next to no weather like this all summer, I was spoiled. It's supposed to 'stick' around all week too :H

Mick, I ended up doing a bit of kitchen labor yesterday because I lost my mind for a minute & invited my son & his family over :H
        Too hot to cook outside so I made a big pot of meatballs & sausage in the crockpot!!!

Bear, hope all goes well with your biopsy today!

Pauly, YAY on your 30 AF days!!!
        Just keep going, no going back now

TT, hope you are resting well!

Greetings to everyone else - have a great AF day all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

tues 2nd sept ......

Mae everybody,Mick,why would you need to apologize to me?silly goose haha,just taking things one day at a time,ugh,got up this morning to get some coffee and my water bottle out of the freezer and everything is nearly thawed out! not sure if it's going out or maybe someone messed with the dial,not in the mood to get a new fridge,went to work yesterday,stupidly,it was soooo slow did 4 haircuts,next year i am staying home!off for another cup of coffee,feel braindead,hope everybody has a good Tuesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

tues 2nd sept ......

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off and the brew.

Bear...hope the biopsy went well. Good plan on cancelling the social on Saturday. Just take it easy and check in with us as often as needed.

TT...hope you're well into dreamland.

Pauly...I'm sure I said congrats but in case I didn't CONGRATS ON 30 AF DAYS
            Bummer about the freezer....maybe the door wasn't closed all the way?

Well Sunday with my twin was absolutely ridiculous. She called about 11:30 am saying she was bored so I said I'd head over. She was well on her way with the drinking. Ended up putting her to bed and spent the night to care for her grandchildren. Stayed most of Monday to make sure she was going to be ok. Today she had to take the g/kids to their first day of school and I checked to make sure she was up to it, which she was. Like Pauly, next year I think I'll head out of town for the Labour Day long weekend.

Busy first day back at the centre, don't know where the time went. Garden meeting tonight and then home for a much needed rest. Have a peaceful AF evening all.....PPQP

Comment

tues 2nd sept ......

Hi all - I have spent day interviewing - I have a managers position open, and have chosen who I will be offering - nice British girl:H
              Yes, making miracles today Mick - and lots of them..busy days just now!
              It was just introductory meeting last night - daughter and I are starting with the 5K, and will see how that goes - would love to work my way up one day to a half, but 5K is plenty for now - have wonky knees, so need to see what they say!
              Hi to everyone stopping by - got to dash, cook supper (on teh BBQ!) and nag the homework girls!
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

tues 2nd sept ......

oooooh roooooh ABerooooos!

greetings from a hotel room in NorCal.

Mick, thanks for the great kickstart and the funnies.

PPQ, how nice of you to look after your woozy twins affairs.

SL, I've never been much of a runner, so 5k sounds like plenty to me! good on ya!

Lav, humidity is NOT my pal. icky! hope that clears soon.

shouts to Pauly, Bear, Sunflower and anyone I'm missing here.

nice pretty drive over the sierras, enjoying the views. at a coffee shop on the way I chatted with some folks on their way back from burning man which was very cool.

nice quiet dinner alone in a mostly empty restaurant which is fine by me. enjoyed my bubbly water and now got my shoes off and looking forward to an early snooze.

be well loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X