firsday da forth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firsday da forth

mae all ..and how are we today?all good?it is 5.35 am and Im up and running...mad or what ??not out today but got a bit of catching up to do on work thats not been done in the hoose so need to get on with it..also computer goes in to be "fixed"today...if it aint this time ..its a window job!
    ok lets have a brew first of all..need one this morning..

hiya Det...hows you ?all ready for another dippy day?if I recall werent you looking for another job not so long back?anything hapning on that front?

hiya Lav and how are you today?did you do the ikea trip?or is that today?tbh I dont like the place but hey each to their own..Im still a believer in the best thing that came out of Sweden was Abba!!!:H one large morning coffee madam!

hi Sam the man...welcome back....nice to "see"ya glad you enjoyed the break ...take it that you are back to veying and shroomin?

hi bear..hows things today then?glad you are feeling not too bad ..as for feelin guilty ..forget it ..enjoy the time.....putting photos into albums?I scanned every single photo I had..and there were a few..I have now got all of them on a pendrive including all my videos way back to 2000..only one I cant do properly is my first Florida ones ..different mad format...now hows that for boredom?but at least I can just plug a pendrive in to my phone ,tablet, computer..when it works properly! and look at them pretty quickly.

hiya Pauly..hows you today? all good?hey you think your rabbit is picky you want to see mine..they only will eat one brand of food..anything else gets tipped out of the bowl!their fave food is shredded wheat!!spoilt or what?as fro plants what kind of winters do you have?..as for bougie ep they do go in cycles..mine is past the flower stage at the mo..but lots of green...as for geraniums...agreed ..the aint my fave flower either!

hi ppqp...hows you today?all good?..as for amazing ...not me..but that pic is !!!!looks a lot nicer in your part of the world to me!!tried to see why you cant do the p in colour..its because all the colour codes in the instructions to the computer are missing..each colour has a code and that is written into the programme for the puter..they have been taken out as opposed to disabled I think..so here you go ..a black n white brew!!have a great day..

hi SL ..YOO HOO..likewise tt

have a good one folks.

Maria had just got married and being a traditional Italian, she was still a virgin. So, on her wedding night, staying at her mother’s house, she was nervous. But her mother reassured her. “Don’t worry, Maria. Tony’s a good man. Go upstairs and he’ll take care of you.”

So up she went. When she got upstairs, Tony took off his shirt and exposed his hairy chest. Maria ran downstairs to her mother and says, “Mama, Mama, Tony’s got a big hairy chest.”

“Don’t worry, Maria,” says the mother,” all good men have hairy chests. Go upstairs. He’ll take good care of you.”

So, up she went again. When she got up in the bedroom, Tony took off his pants exposing his hairy legs. Again, Maria ran downstairs to her mother. “Mama, Mama, Tony took off his pants and he’s got hairy legs!”

“Don’t worry. All good men have hairy legs. Tony’s a good man. Go upstairs and he’ll take good care of you.”

So up she went again. When she got up there, Tony took off his socks and on his left foot he was missing three toes. When Maria saw this, she ran downstairs. “Mama, Mama, Tony’s got a foot and a half!”

“Stay here and stir the pasta,” says the mother.

A couple was invited to a swanky masked Halloween Party.

She got a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone. He being a devoted husband, protested, but she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed, and there was no need of his good time being spoiled by not going. So he took his costume and away he went.

The wife, after sleeping soundly for one hour, awakened without pain and as it was still early, she decided to go the party.

In as much as her husband did not know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun by watching her husband to see how he acted when she was not with him.

She joined the party and soon spotted her husband cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice chick he could, and copping a little feel here and a little kiss there. His wife sidled up to him and being a rather seductive babe herself, he left his partner high and dry and devoted his time to the new stuff that had just arrived.

She let him go as far as he wished; naturally, since he was her husband.

Finally, he whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed, so off they went to one of the cars and had a little bang. Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away and went home and put the costume away and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make for his behavior.

She was sitting up reading when he came in and asked what kind of a time he had. He said, “Oh, the same old thing. You know I never have a good time when you’re not there.”

Then she asked, “Did you dance much?”

He replied, I’ll tell you, I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Brown and some other guys, so we went into the den and played poker all evening. But you’re not going to believe what happened to the guy I loaned my costume to…….”

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they lay down for the night and went to sleep.

Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.

“Watson, look up and tell me what you see.”

Watson replied, “I see millions and millions of stars.”

“What does that tell you?”

Watson pondered for a minute. “Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo.
    Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three.
    Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant.
    Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Why, what does it tell YOU?”
    Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke.

“Watson, you idiot. Some jerk has stolen our tent.

A blonde dials 911 to report that her car has been broken into. She is hysterical as she explains her situation to the dispatcher.

“They’ve stolen the dashboard, the steering wheel, the brake pedal, and even the accelerator!” she cries.

The 911 dispatcher says, “Stay calm. An officer is on the way. He will be there in two minutes.”

Before the police get to the crime scene, however, the 911 dispatcher’s telephone rings a second time, and the same blonde is on the line again.

“Never mind,” giggles the blonde,

“I got in the back seat by mistake.”

A fellow nurse at my hospital received a call from an anxious patient.

“I’m diabetic and I’m afraid I’ve had too much sugar today.” the caller said.

“Are you light-headed?” my colleague asked.

“No,” the caller answered, “I’m a brunette.”

A man is skydiving, enjoying his free-fall, when he realizes that he has reached the altitude where he must open his parachute. So he pulls on the rip cord, but nothing happens.

“No problem,” he says to himself, “I still have my emergency chute.” So he pulls the rip cord on his emergency parachute, and once again, nothing happens.

Now the man begins to panic. “What am I going to do?” he thinks, “I’m a goner!”

Just then he sees a man flying up from the earth toward him. He can’t figure out where this man is coming from, or what he’s doing, but he thinks to himself, “Maybe he can help me. If he can’t, then I’m done for.”

When the man gets close enough to him, the skydiver cups his hands and shouts down, “Hey, do you know anything about parachutes?”

The other man replies, “No! Do you know anything about gas stoves?”

An 80 year old man is having his annual checkup at his doctor’s office. He says to the doctor, “I’ve never felt better in my whole life. In fact, I have a 20 year old bride who’s pregnant and having my child. What do you think of that !!!”

The doctor thinks for a second and then says, “Let me tell you a story. I know this guy who’s an avid hunter. He never misses a hunting season. But one day he’s in a hurry to go hunting and he accidentally grabs his umbrella instead of his rifle.

So he’s in the woods and suddenly a giant grizzly bear appears out of nowhere. He raises his umbrella, points at the bear, squeezes the handle and the bear drops dead in front of him. What do you think of that?”

The old man says, “That’s impossible. Someone else must have shot that bear!”.
    “EXACTLY” says the doctor.

A daddy mommy and baby mole are in their hole relaxing one morning when daddy mole sticks his head out of the hole and says, “I smell pancakes”.

Mommy mole sticks her head out the tiny hole and says, “I smell pancakes too…pancakes with maple syrup!! Baby mole come smell the pancakes with maple syrup”.

Baby mole sticks his head upwards to get to the hole and exclaims “I cant smell anything but moleasses?!”
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

firsday da forth

Hi there folks. We just had dinner and are now getting on with bits and pieces. Like daughter?s mega homework. This assignment was meant to be done last week but the teacher gave the students an extension ? which just prolongs the agony. The printing situation here at home is a bit complicated so I expect to receive a document to check and print off after midnight.

I didn't think you would be getting snow PPQP ? that's incredible. Or maybe not? Well done on surviving the twin sister. She sounds like she has serious AL problems. Do you know how common it its for twins to both have AL issues? Got me thinking (I don?t have a twin by the way).

But I do have a thriving geranium bush and some little babies waiting to be repotted (I mean plants silly:H). I am not showing off Pauly ? but this is a bit of a miracle for the very un-green-thumbs TT. Now you forget any of those noises that try to get you drinking ? you will do this. Will will will!

Hope you are taking care Det. Its not an ideal situation is it?

I heard on the radio Mick that there is some move now for Yorkshire to declare its independence.Is that a Scottish contagion?

How?s the first week back at school SL? I imagine its hectic as ever.

No Ikea over here Lav. What did you buy?

Sounds like a lovely wee break Sam. Just even a short break can do you the world of good.

Bear ? glad the biopsy was not too painful ? you rest and ?relax? - here?s a wee song for you! And everyone!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saUVi5r_-ZU

OK folks with that I am off now!

Comment

firsday da forth

Hey Mick,glad it's not just cats that are fussy eaters,bet it's only the branded shredded wheat they'll eat too!Feeling bluesy today,boss calling at 10 to see how I am and feel bad that I'll be saying I still don't feel well.I know it's the right thing to do for me so I'm going to do it anyway.I need the time.

I have counselling appt at 11,and then rest of the day I'm pottering,I may go for a walk round the park to clear my head a bit.OH is off tomorrow too.

I'm having real 'it's not fair I can't drink,I'll be left out and people won't want to spend time with me' I KNOW this is BS and I'm not friends with people because I/they drink.Although maybe I fell into in the past and also all social stuff seems to revolve round it. Well not all - some roller derby stuff doesn't - some does.

Feeling very vulnerable atm,friends booked tickets to go and see a band I love and didn't invite me,this has triggered a lot of this BS. I know how immature this sounds from a 41 year old,I just need to get it out of my head - topic for counselling as this is a recurring theme,worry re not being liked/rejected!! No matter - it will pass,it's just a mini pity party.Drinking also won't help this messed up thinking.
      I don't drink.
      one day at a time

Comment

firsday da forth

did you get the song I sent you Bear? If you look at this it must raise a smile or two.

Comment

firsday da forth

Good morning Abbers,

Enjoying some coffee before everyone else gets up & going

Mick, going to Ikea is fun for us, a total distraction really :H
          Some of their stuff is OK but I certainly wouldn't want a house full of their stuff. My granddaughter refuses to ride in the shopping carts anymore so I just may jump in & let her push me around :H
          Have a fun day!

Welcome back Sam, glad you enjoyed your trip!

Det, hope you are well rested & OK today

bear, please don't dwell in self-pity city - nothing good comes out of that. Switch your thing to gratitude mode - sure worked for me!

TT, hope your daughter got through her assignment OK. Geez, I really do not miss those days of kids stressing out over homework, to be perfectly honest. Somehow, both kids got through school & college, my work is done :H

PQ, unbelievable picture you posted last night!!!!
          We're swimming in heat & humidity down here so it's hard to imagine right now. I hope you don't get any of that yet - it's still officially summer

pauly, how are you today?
          SL, how about you?

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Thursday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

firsday da forth

TT - yes I did took me way back to being 11,the song was banned in UK due to overly sexual content, I had the album! Thank you

Lav - you're right. I'm just back from counselling session, and talked through a lot of what I posted earlier. Need to consciously flip to positive,put myself and my goals first,believe in myself and stop telling myself I can't do things. Hearing someone else say I need to stop drinking and that I am addicted is also helpful,and that I need to just believe in myself and what I want and not look for affirmation for my decisions from other people. Baby steps towards all my goals,setting mini goals and patting myself on the back and no more booze,day by day.Onwards.
            one day at a time

Comment

firsday da forth

oh and I love IKEA,and their meatballs with sauce,yummm
              one day at a time

Comment

firsday da forth

Mae everybody,pity parties suck Bear,sometimes it's hard to snap out of them,trust me i know,had one for a bit myself yesterday,and i remember singing that song as a kid and my mom freaking out haha,TT,maybe geraniums just hate Vegas,i tried to re-create a tropical climat by placing them next to the misters we have but they're still depressed looking,Lav,i agree with you on the homework,my work there is done!! Brady doesn't get much now that he's in high school,but in middle school yikes!and he always needed help in math,guess who sux at math?i mean really sux,i couldn't help him with any of it,well orf to hop in the shower,snow PPQ! too earlyhave a good Thursday
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

firsday da forth

morning all!
                  a lovely day, a nice hot humid one. Running a bit late. It is enjoyable to read how everyone is doing.
                  have a good one.
                  Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

firsday da forth

Hi Sam,hope your day goes goodIkea has meatballs?are they frozen or do you eat em while shopping?i've never been to one of their stores,i thouht it was just furniture,fill me in

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

firsday da forth

they do sell furniture but in UK have cafes in their shops,you eat them with a creamy sauce,yummm!
                      one day at a time

Comment

firsday da forth

That makes sense Bear,we have a huge electronics store here that has a cafe too,i guess they figure if tbey feed us we'll keep shopping longer haha

Comment

firsday da forth

Haha Bear and Pauly - when you were youngsters listening to banned music - I was dancing to it in discos and parties - although it took me years before I really figured out the words!

Comment

firsday da forth

TT,i always wish i would've been in my 20's in the late 70's early 80's,i love tbe disco music and clothes of that era and i would watch my mom getting ready to go out it always looked so fun! she was Miss Disco Queen,i got stuck with the late 80's which were fun and music was still good,but the early 90's were boring for me,i hated Nirvana and Pearl Jam depressing dark yuck haha

Comment

firsday da forth

ahoy ABeroooos!

super tired again, feet and back are killing me but happy to be AF to be sure.
                              managed to completely avoiding the hospitality suite by simply not showing up. ha!
                              might get a talking to tomorrow but we'll see. I'd much rather be alone than in a den of
                              immature boozers.

IKEA horseballs? oh no!

Bear, I like to play the 'fast forward' game. imagine how you'd feel some time after caving in to the cava. I've never woken the next morning and thought 'I'm so glad I drank last night'. never!
                              keep up the good fight.

off to bed early.... biggest day yet is ahead. egad!

thanks for all the well wishes and the 'P's!

be well everyone
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X