Sunday 7 sept AF daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 7 sept AF daily

morning all,I don't drink and its day 8.
    Bought 7 year old car yesterday,seems ok,year's warranty,tax and MOT for 6 months,I spent my bathroom money on it but I need a more reliable car and our bathroom works,it's just a bit chipped and battered. Went to friend's body shop party too and treated myself to lots of things as it was 40% off,nice to have lots of pamper stuff in.
    Spent evening watching Christmas programmes on food network and cuddling with the cat, in bed by 11 - bliss!

Today off out for lunch with OH and his mum,doing some washing and cleaning,not hit the gym yet as been having pangs in stomach,I plan to go today even if I just walk and do some arm weights. Getting clothes ready for work tomorrow,and planning food/gym sessions - I've only got to work four weeks until I have a week off again This week has done me good,just doing nothing each day,with no obligations,I've really enjoyed the solitude.

Lav - really liked your advice to Pauly, things I can learn too in there.

Hope you all have a great day.
    one day at a time

Sunday 7 sept AF daily

Good morning Abbers,

Thanks for the start up bear
    Congrats on the new car & good luck with it too!
    I have always insisted on having a safe & dependable car myself. Living where I do now it's an absolute necessity. There are no stores within walking distance, only cows around here :H
    When I need a carton of milk or a loaf of bread I have a minimum of a 16 mile round trip.

Greetings to Mick, Sam, PQ, Det, Pauly, SL, SF, TT & everyone!
    I hope we all have a fantastic AF Sunday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunday 7 sept AF daily

Mae everybody,kinda quiet today where is everybody?good find on the car Bear,what kind is it?we have a truck,my Durango,and a Chevy Tracker that will not die! it has 268,000 miles on it and it still runs great,hubs takes it to work cuz it's good on gas,i drove it yesterday cuz he needed to use mine and i couldn't park right cuz i'm used to my car haha,hope everybody has a nice Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sunday 7 sept AF daily

MAE ALL...

Bear...thank's for kicking us off and I hope you had a good lunch. Did you go in your "new" car?

Lav...I remember having to be a lot more organized with my grocery shopping while I was living on the ranch. No such thing as popping down to the corner store for milk. Hope you're having a restful Sunday.

Pauly...I always used to drive a truck and had no problems backing up to shoots and hooking up horse/cattle trailers etc. but now that I'm in my little ford focus I can't back up worth sh*t. I think it's cause I'm too close to the ground.

Temps going up to +25 today then the winds pick up and the rain/sleet moves in. Tuesday will see highs of +2 and 5 cm of snow. :shocked: Back from grocery shopping and now out for a long walk before the weather changes. Hope you all have a super AF Sunday.....PPQP

Comment

Sunday 7 sept AF daily

Hi all! Pauly, you sound good - hope it is real, good job on bouncing back.
          Bear - well done on the week, the car and the treats!
          Hi Lav - I agree, reliable car is a must - just have the one, so it better start!
          Happy Sunday TT, Sam, Mick, PPQ, Det and SF!
          Legs ache more today than I thought - we really did not run far!!!
          Met an old friend at the Greek festival - she gave me my first real job after arriving here (was hired by unscrupulous agency and soon chose to leave). Turns out I had not seen her for over 14 yrs as she did not know of daughter #2! Drinking and the life I led did not make me the best of friends for sure
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Sunday 7 sept AF daily

X-post PPQ! Sorry about your weather - sounds miserable! I do love living here in N Ca with lovely weather most of the year, and ability to get to different weather quickly and easily - love sunshine!!
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Sunday 7 sept AF daily

Evening all
              just got back from fiddle fest, great time, maintain and enjoyed it. Look forward to taking time and reading back.
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sunday 7 sept AF daily

Ahoy AF fiddlers and tire-kickers across the fruited plains!

day 6 on the road and just tired and sore as can be but at least it's been interesting since i'm out with the teams on training exercises. found myself in a very rare place indeed....inside the bay bridge! to get into the service area (just underneath where the cars drive) you have to take a boat out to one of the vertical supports, then through a tiny door, then up 135 very steep steps, then up two vertical steel ladders and.... there you are! quite the adventure indeed.

I cleverly chose a hotel not even close to the one with the hospitality suite, so I have the perfect excuse to be an AF hermit on this trip. Missing my dear wife so very much....she was gone a week for burning man, then I left for this trip just before she got home. d-oh! hopefully tomorrow is 'home day'.

Bear, next time yer at the body shop grab me a neck, two ankles and a knee!

Mick, wow that's a complex drink you posted. sounds very savory indeed.

mighty homesick here but keeping my ass AF and certainly getting more exercise than I usually do on the road.

be well peeps!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sunday 7 sept AF daily

here I am inside the Bay Bridge. lighting is dreadful for a cell phone pic.

nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X