mon8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mon8th

hiya folkshow is everyone?all good ...struggling herewith internet connection so this is on me phone..I think this routeris shot to sh.t it keeps coming up with unable to connect!!out again today....well done det for no pub big hi to everyone stay strong safe n sober ..will try and get on later..failing that..then time to order a new bloody window!!!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

mon8th

MAE Mick and y'all,

A maarvellous sunny spring day downunder. Blue sky's and 22c. Noice.

Cool and fresh in the bay, but ya gotta do it.

Have a bewdy out there.

G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

mon8th

Two threads Monday again! Could be 222 for all I know as I had very little sleep last night due to my daughter needing my help with various things to do with school. She was studying until 3.30am and then up at 7am.
      Oh well, the hug she gave me tonight was my reward!
      It was Fathers Day here yesterday and all went well. I even went on a walk with my partner. Thats 2 social activities we did together without our daughter over the weekend:H - wowie!!
      Good to see you back in the land of the living Pauly - and so glad that your relapse was a short one.
      Hope the day at work goes well Bear.
      Computer problems here too over the weekend Mick - big network provider outage - some hacking business to do with people clicking on the jennifer Lawrence links or something.
      Well done you SL on resolving the donor issue.
      Hi there Sam and Lav and Det - have you come out of the Bay Bridge yet?:H The lengths you go to to avoid AL:H
      Have a great Monday - this one is off to beddy-byes soon

Comment

mon8th

and gidday Mr G. hope all is well across the Ditch!

Comment

mon8th

Good morning Abbers!

It's cooled down quite a bit around these parts so I am happy!

Mick, I ended up getting a new router earlier this year - makes a huge difference & calmer mornings :H
          Hope everything works out for you

Det, that was quite a selfie!!!!
          I hope you are well this morning & on your way home soon. Good job on staying away from AL

Greetings G & TT
          Greetings to everyone else as well!

PQ, snow? REALLY??

I'm off to Curves to do what I can do there without hurting my healing foot. I've grown lazy & missed my morning routine so I'm back at it now
          Have a great AF Monday everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mon8th

afternoon all
            it has been a rather sad week or so for me. My 2 "children" are acting like ninnies, fighting amongst themselves. Can't seem to let it rest in my mind. Tried some intervention today and got absolutely nowhere. On a bigger more dramatic scale, I can certainly see how wars get started: pride, stubbornness, lack of willing to understand, etc. Anyway, makes me quite sad.

not going down the AL road though!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

mon8th

Thats no good Sam. Sadly siblings can be really pig-headed with each other. What ages are they?
              How is your wife taking it?
              AL won't help of course. Maybe listen to some music you like or better still - play some:h

Comment

mon8th

they are 24 and 32 and are brother and sister from 2 different marriages. It is quite a complex deal, the younger working for the older then getting fired. My wife will side with "our" child always. I should have not tried to intervene at all, it just made it muddier. I somehow thought I could make a resolution happen,boy was I wrong! So it is, it's done and I can't change that! Stubborn, damn they are stubborn.
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

mon8th

MAE ALL....

Bear...thanks for starting up the other thread but seeing has nobody has posted there I'll post here. Hope you worked out the jitters and had a good day. No sense worrying about the results as they're going to be what they're going to be. Keep concentrating on the positive of eating well and looking after yourself.

Mick...thanks for kicking this thread off this morning even if you had to do it on your phone. New window ordered? Crazy busy day at work as all the fall programming has started up but it does make the day go by fast.

Gman...if you delete one of those 2's that's what our high was today 2c.

TT...you social butterfly you. :H Almost pulled an all nighter didn't you.

Lav...yup snow. It started raining last night well actually it poured. Then about 8:30am it started snowing and hasn't quit. We're under a snowfall warning right now. Got about 5cm throughout the day and are expecting another 5cm during the night. It's supposed to end sometime tomorrow and by Saturday we'll be back to +20c. Gotta love Calgary.

Sam...it's hard when our children are in turmoil. :l Yup, typical male, you just want to fix it. Try and stay positive and accept they have to work it out themselves.

Well...off to reheat leftovers. Decided to make stew yesterday and boy am I glad I did. Perfect meal to eat while watching the snow come down. Have a peaceful evening all...PPQP

Comment

mon8th

I am extremely sorry about the snow PQ :H
                    Sounds like you are quite used to the rapidly changing weather though - good luck!

Sam, I would guess the best thing to do would be to let them work it out themselves. Our 'kids' really are not 'kids' anymore & I think they resent us thinking that they are (if that makes sense).
                    My son & daughter don't fight, they basically ignore each other. Now my DIL & my daughter get into little spats at times but they get over them quickly enough. Don't let that stuff get you down, every thing will work out OK

Nice & cool now - I actually turned the fans off in the chicken house tonight!!!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mon8th

Quick check in, full work week and an activity every evening - back to school night #1 tonight, girl turns 16 tomorrow, running training wed, back to school for other daughter Thursday - no rest for the wicked and I must have been terrible!
                      Good to see everyone - sorry for the strife Sam....
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

mon8th

yeeeehaw ABeroooooos!

so happy to be home! yay!

can you tell I'm happy? 7 straight days is just a bit much but it's over and I never even had a close moment with my ol enemy AL.

Sam, I fought like hell sometimes with my sister but we always made things right and got along...hoping the same for yours.

I got some really cool action shots during some of the scenarios at our training over the weekend including some great pictures of cars blowing up etc, but sadly I can't post them for legal reasons. arg! I'll see if I can blur out some bits when I get a moment. in the meantime I brought home the gift of a huge pile of laundry LOL what a swell chap.

Lav, maybe some exercise in swimming pool?

SL, happy sweet 16 to your youngster

well, off to hug on my dear Dx some more

be well loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

mon8th

Just a quick check in. I don't get to read up as much as I would like. Life is just busy and comfortable. I started to really schedule my days with the business, family life and just life. Based on my prior life.....it is just odd to get up at 9a.....actually eat lunch and have dinner with my family at 5pm. Its a work in progress....because I still have those tendencies of more, more, more (thank you corporate world). But, I am finding that people actually live this life of less is more. And I am way more effective in my productive hours than in my 8-what ever time it takes. I can't tell you the number of times I was woken up out of a dead sleep to remember some 'corporate" thing I forgot......or the nights I was working until 11pm to meet sales targets.....that were set by who I call "porky pig".

This really is a whole new way of life for me. One fun thought.....I used to sell TV advertising....we got rid of all the TV's.....now there are some days that I watch a bit too bit of netflix......but for the most part the TV never gets turned on. I used it sell that Americans were such losers that they watched 30 hours of TV. Now this is true.....but, honestly do I want to sell that?

I look back and at times I understand completely why I drank....just to survive. Most know my story here....thought I would quit drinking and become rockstar salesperson Instead...when I stopped numbing myself I grew....and knew there was more out there.

I am still growing....and want to dedicate time to being here daily. Its a work in progress But I truly love my family here....because I know no matter what....you guys are here for me....and that means the world!

Comment

Working...
                          X