tues 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tues 9th

first up...best dressed thats how it goes...and here I am...hopefully computer is fixed now..would love to tell you it was a massive techie issue,,,,but actually and I will only say this once so read it good!!it was me..well partly me..the router was playing up..so with a few technical phrases..mostly beginning with f and threats of chucking it thru the window...problem solved..no signal getting to the router despite saying there was..and that was caused by a partial coax lead breakdown.....as for the laptop..ermmmm Id switched the wireless switch off accidentally!
    tea n coffee on the go....out doing a bit today early again last day ..tomorrow home jobs.

hiya Lav.....how are you today then?how is the foot now?any easier at all?..hopefully so.what have you been up to then..apart from making your own brews?

Det ..well done you my friend...thats pretty good 7 days on the bounce without even being tempted..next time you want to drink ..just remember it :goodjob:

hiya sl..how are you doing then? all good sounds like you are busy again..not that Im saying that you arent always :H..wow youre missing it all here.....not !!all the independance talk ..now they are talking about if Scotland break away...then the Shetlands and Orkneys are going to split from scotland too....all good fun

ppqp...snow??whats that all about??its not time yet!!suppose the bonus is having a big pot o stew on the go..well heres a brew to go with it...

yo Mr G...howz down under today?all good? sounds like it from your yesterday post..have a bonzer day my friend!

Hiya Sam..hey mate you should know better...dont mess in things you aint got no chance of winning!..and yes it is sad at times..I know ..I have a daughter who I last saw as as a 5 year old when me and her mother split up..I know she has 2 kids that I have never or will ever see..plus the fact that my mother until the day she died blamed me for her grand daughter stopping visiting her ..despite the fact that she knew nothing about it or the circs.sometimes my friend it is better to focus on your own life and enjoy it...

hiya tt...wow ..youll be joining the night crew soon!!how are things..apart from you being tired?trying to work out the bay bridge thingy...ony ref I can find is to the one in Sam Francs disco...so puzzled with that one.

hiya bear ..hows you today then?all good ?

likewise Pauly ..where are ya?

ok dokey folks for da offski noo..have a spiffing day!!

ppqp...

An American, a Scot and a Canadian were in a terrible car accident. They were all brought to the same emergency room, but all three of them died before they arrived. Just as they were about to put the toe tag on the American, he stirred and opened his eyes. Astonished, the doctors and nurses present asked him what happened.

?Well,? said the American, ?I remember the crash, and then there was a beautiful light, and then the Canadian and the Scot and I were standing at the gates of heaven. St. Peter approached us and said that we were all too young to die, and said that for a donation of $50, we could return to earth. So of course I pulled out my wallet and gave him the $50, and the next thing I knew I was back here.?

?That?s amazing!? said the one of the doctors, ?But what happened to the other two??

?Last I saw them,? replied the American, ?the Scot was haggling over the price and the Canadian was waiting for the government to pay.

An American touring Spain stopped at a local restaurant following a day of sightseeing. While sipping his sangria, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious looking platter being served at the next table. Not only did it look good, the smell was wonderful. He asked the waiter, ?What is that you just served??

The waiter replied, ? Ah senor, you have excellent taste! Those are bulls testicles from the bull fight this morning. A delicacy!?

The American, though momentarily daunted, said, ?What the hell, I?m on vacation! Bring me an order!?

The waiter replied, ?I am so sorry senor. There is only one serving per day because there is only one bull fight each morning. If you come early tomorrow and place your order, we will be sure to save you this delicacy!?

The next morning, the American returned, placed his order, and then that evening he was served the one and only special delicacy of the day. After a few bites, and inspecting the contents of his platter, he called to the waiter and said, ?These are delicious, but they are much, much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday!?

The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied, ?Si senor. Sometimes the bull wins.?

A prisoner at the Edmonton Maximum Security Prison started training a large fly to do tricks. For years, for thousands of hours, he worked with the insect. It learned to walk across a miniature high wire, ride a tiny one-wheel bike, balance on a pair of stilts and sing songs from PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

?When you and I get out of here,? the jailbird said to the fly. ?we?re going to tour the night-spots and make a fortune.?

Finally the day arrived. Fly safely tucked away in his pocket, (inside its matchbox home), the ex-con made his way to a bar to celebrate. At the bar, he brought out his trick fly. On cue, it started moon-walking. ?What about this fly, eh?? he said to the bartender. In one swift motion, the bartender reached for his copy of the local newspaper, rolled it up and squished the fly with a mighty swipe.

?Glad you saw it,? muttered the bartender. ?Damn things are everywhere.?

A student called up his Mom one evening from his college and asked her for some money, because he was broke.

His Mother said, "Sure, sweetie. I will send you some money. You also left your economics book here when you visited two weeks ago. Do you want me to send that up too?"

"Uhh, oh yeah, O.K." responded the kid.

So his Mom wrapped the book along with the checks up in a package, kissed Dad goodbye, and went to the post office to mail the money and the book. When she gets back, Dad asked, "Well how much did you give the boy this time?"

"Oh, I wrote two checks, one for $20, and the other for $1,000."

"That's $1020!!!" yelled Dad, "Are you going crazy???"

"Don't worry hon," Mom said, kissed Dad on the on top of his bald head, "I taped the $20 check to the cover of his book, but I put the $1,000 one somewhere between the pages in chapter 15!"

Cowboy: Give me three packets of condoms, please. CASHIER: Do you need a paper bag with that, sir? Cowboy: Nah. She ain't THAT ugly.

A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband. Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen. 'Careful,' he said, 'CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They're going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the! Salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!' The wife stared at him. 'What in the world is wrong with you?You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?' The husband calmly replied, 'I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving.'

An overweight blonde went to see her doctor for some advice. The doctor advised that she run ten miles a day for thirty days. This, he promised, would help her lose as many as twenty pounds.
    The blonde followed the doctor?s advice, and, after thirty days, she was pleased to find that she had indeed lost the whole twenty pounds. She phoned the doctor and thanked him for the wonderful advice which produced such effective results.
    At the end of the conversation, however, she asked one last question:
    ?How do I get home, since I am now 300 miles away?"

A defendant was on trial for murder. There was strong evidence indicating guilt, but there was no corpse. In the defense's closing statement the lawyer, knowing that his client would probably be convicted, resorted to a trick.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I have a surprise for you all," the lawyer said as he looked at his watch. "Within one minute, the person presumed dead in this case will walk into this courtroom." He looked toward the courtroom door. The jurors, somewhat stunned, all looked on eagerly. A minute passed. Nothing happened.

Finally the lawyer said, "Actually, I made up the previous statement. But you all looked on with anticipation. I therefore put to you that you have a reasonable doubt in this case as to whether anyone was killed and insist that you return a verdict of not guilty."

The jury, clearly confused, retired to deliberate. A few minutes later, the jury returned and pronounced a verdict of guilty.

"But how?" inquired the lawyer. "You must have had some doubt; I saw all of you stare at the door."
    The jury foreman replied: "Oh, we did look, but your client didn't."

Men are like bank accounts.
    Without a lot of money, they don't generate much interest.

An older man, not in the best physical condition, asked the trainer in the gym, "I want to impress a beautiful young girl. Which machine should I use?" The trainer replied, "Use the ATM machine outside!"

A redneck with a bucket full of live fish was approached recently by a game warden in Central Mississippi as he started to drive his boat away from a lake. The game warden asked the man, "May I see your fishing license please?" "Naw, sir," replied the redneck. "I don't need none of them there papers. These here are my pet fish." "Pet fish?" "Yep. Once a week, I bring these here fish o'mine down to the lake and let 'em swim 'round for a while. Then when I whistle, they swim right back into my net and I take 'em home." "What a line...you're under arrest." The redneck said, "It's the truth, Mr. Gov'ment Man. I'll show ya! We do this all the time!" "WE do, now, do WE?" smirked the warden. "PROVE it!" The redneck released the fish into the lake and stood and waited.
    After a few minutes, the warden said, "Well?" "Well, WHUT?" said the redneck. The warden asked, "When are you going to call them back?" "Call who back?" "The FISH," replied the warden! "Whut fish?" asked the redneck.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

tues 9th

Hi everyone - just a quick hello as I have a heap of things to do tonight. Thanks for kicking us all off Mick. I might pop back in later or leave it until tomorrow.
    The Bay Bridge reference is to a pic Det posted a couple of days ago when he went inside the bridge.
    I voted today - but not in the Scottish referendum - its for our National parliamentary elections. I bet Mick can guess which way my vote swings:H
    Royal Baby watch is dominating news here - yawn.

Comment

tues 9th

Happy 16th Birthday for your daughter SL -and to you too - because its your day as well:bday3:
      any special plans? We never did celebrate my daughters 16th (outside our nuclear unit that is) - she was not keen

Comment

tues 9th

Morning Mick and TT,I'm up ready for work,and scoffing cereal before putting make up on and flying out the door. Picking new(er) car up today - excited,and applying for loan from work so I get my savings back,using half to clear credit card,other half to maybe decorate bedroom and hopefully sort damp in bathroom.Other than that meeting friend for dinner and plan to walk into town and back/do run walk in park before - we'll see - I need some kind of movement to clear my head.

TT I find royal family extremely dull too,bizarre that we pay for them and people are so obsessed by them,put them on a pedestal - I think there are millions more admirable people in the world.

anyway - zoom zoom - have a great day everyone
        one day at a time

Comment

tues 9th

Greetings Mick, TT, Bear and y'all to come,

All good here thanks Mick. Hope you're cruising over there mate.

Appreciating the laughs as always. Thanks for posting them.

Is it your birthday SL? Happy birthday, and congratulations on 200 days AF!

Have a good one out there everyone.

G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

tues 9th

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. I've done exactly the same thing with the wifi switch so you're defiantly not alone. Gotta say it's so true about the Canadian government. :H

TT....evening and I hope you're tucked into bed by now.

Bear, Gman....hope you have a great day.

In early to work today have to do a set up for an early morning breakfast meeting. Off to get a second cuppa and read the rest of the jokes first. Priorities.....have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come.....PPQP

Comment

tues 9th

Good morning Abbers & happy Tuesday!

I'm taking my sweet old time this morning - lots to do today but nothing critical

Thanks for the coffee Mick!
              There should be some sort of safety on the wireless button on our laptops - it happens to me too :H
              My foot does feel much better, I'm getting around OK without the stupid boot. Just a tiny bit of swelling left, minimal discomfort
              I actually have work to do today so I should get started!

Det, glad you are home safe & sound

Hi there TT & bear! Hope you are both doing well.

SL, happy 16th to your daughter :bday7:

Sam,. hope you are OK today too. Hi there G!

PQ, you have a great day. Hi to pauly!

OK, time to get to work!
              Have a great day everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

tues 9th

Mae everybody,jokes were funny Mick,thank you,i think most people are into the Royals cuz we wish we were one haha,but that baby is a doll! i can't believe she's pregnant again,Kell's bf wants another baby,i said no way,Louie is still a baby himself,that would be too stressful for everybody,i said wait until he's 4 or something,my brother sent me some pics of my little niece,my sister(she has downs syndrome)and my dad,i balled my eyes out,i miss them terribly,and it's dumb cuz they're not even that far away,got to get up there,have a great Tuesday everybody
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

tues 9th

how do all,
                  this seems to be the time that I have a quiet moment and can read some and think what little I am able!
                  Family saga is on my back burner, you are right Lav, no longer my children and they got to work it out. Yep Mick, I was never gonna win, but wasn't about that, I just wanted the 2 parties to come to the table. Reminded me of the Vietnam negotiations of what table any one would sit at.

Happy birffday SL. ... and many more!!!
                  how do's to you Gman, Pauly, PQ, Bear, and TT. Couple of you may in to the next day. Hard to keep up with that stuff!

Did a first today, wrote a metes and bounds description of a property we surveyed. (reminds me of a client my father had that called them "leaps and bounds") Must be needed by a lawyer, usually the plat suffices. Any way, dern pain in the arse. If I were one of those Royal it be a royal pain in the arse! Anyway that was my big highlight, pretty dern exciting, eh? About to go out and work on my seemingly never ending project of fence. Fall is definitely thinking about making an appearance soon. Poplar leaves are just starting to turn a little.

Have a good one all.
                  Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

tues 9th

Checking in. I just check in too late for it to really matter. Hugs to all!

Comment

tues 9th

Never too late to check in SF. Glad you're here and ok.
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

tues 9th

Hey Sunflower, you got in before the west coasters! I am just arriving when TT is well into tomorrow, and Det still has to drop in!
                        Not my birthday - it's my oldest girls, and she turned 16. TT - quiet day for her, her fav supper and a cake. Taking her and a couple friends to a henna artist for a henna tattoo lesson later on. Low key and nice - no drama!
                        Mick - hehe, just have to smile at the switch!
                        Lovely to have you becoming a regular G! Happy 43 days - probably 44 by now, you are racking them up!
                        Glad you are home on track Det! I hope I didn't squish you when I drove over the bridge??
                        Hi Bear, Pauly and P.
                        I was remarking how long it seemed to take to get to 100 days, but the next 100 have seemed to have flown past! I feel really content - there is not a 'mood' icon for content so I chose happy, but it really is more of an at peace sort of feel - thanks to you all for carrying (pushing, prodding, cheering) me to this place - I kinda like it!!!
                        Have a good evening, night, morning, day etc all
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                        X