wed 10th sept af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wed 10th sept af daily

hey all up early for another day - looking forward to driving new car,feels a lot nicer to drive already and feel safe in it.

Dinner with good friend last night - lovely to see her - she has had horrible time with work recently and weight issues,good to catch up and to be able to offer support.She is coming to weight watchers with me and my other mutual friend.

Still mulling over roller derby,I'm planning to go unless I have social stuff happening at the weekend, I need to decide if that is still going to be enjoyable with the coaches' big push to get everyone attending as much as possible,and seeing myself sliding out of b team possibly. it's a shame but it feels like its a 100% all or nothing hobby,which was fine initially,but I want my life back,to have time/room for other hobbies/ways of getting fit/to not risk injury,i also love the buzz of the game!

Happy to be sober,day 12 here,I don't drink.
    one day at a time

wed 10th sept af daily

mae all ..and how are things today then?all good hopefully on this hump day ..in the garden at the mo...weather is gaaaaawwwjus..rabbits are out too helping..then Im out this aft doing some more bitz n pieces..

ok brew time ..

hiya bear ..hows things with you?ok I hope ..hey take it easy youre starting to whirr about things to do ..slow it raaahhhht down ..youll be fine take it as it comes.

hiya SL....you sound great...so chuffed that you got it together..def makes a difference to life doesnt it?

hiya Lav..brew time?well whats on the agenda for today then?did you get all your work done yesterday?easy day today then

hiya Pauly..how are you this fine day then ..you cutting hair today?save me some :H..ye kidz are great...even better when you can give em back!!

Hiya Sam ...metes and bounds etc ..jeez glad you know what you are talking about ..I aint got a clue!!took me ages to get shroomin and veyin ..so anything else is ??have a good day anyway mate.

hiya tt ..how are you doing? not into the Royal baby watch?hmm i cant think of anything more interesting going on in the world!!as for voting I aint even allowed to vote in my countrys future.

hey Mr G...howz you doin man? nice to "see" ya again...doors open yknow...well done on 44.

Hiy sf ..hows you nice to see you droppin in ..take it all is good?

hiya ppqp ..hows the world with you ..you had that early brekkie?heres your coffee to wash it down!!have a good one...boss

right folks ..off to do the do..n get some jokes on here so have a good one.

Like the mediator always says:
    I don't get paid enough because I'm always in the middle of something.

When you drink Vodka over ice, it can give you kidney failure, When you drink Rum over ice, it can give you liver failure, When you drink whiskey over ice, it can give you heart problems, When you drink Gin over ice, it can give you brain problems. Apparently, ice is really bad for you. Warn all your friends

A teacher was teaching her second grade class about the government, so for homework that one day, she told her her students to ask their parents what the government is.

When Little Johnny got home that day, he went up to his dad and ask his what the government was.

His dad thought for a while and answered, ''Look at it this way: I'm the president, your mom is Congress, your maid is the work force, you are the people and your baby brother is the future.''

''I still don't get it'' responded the Little Johnny.

''Why don't you sleep on it then? Maybe you'll understand it better,'' said the dad.

''Okay then...good night'' said Little Jonny went off to bed. In the middle of the night, Little Johnny was awakened by his baby brother's crying. He went to his baby brother's crib and found that his baby brother had taken a crap in his diaper. So Little Johnny went to his parent's room to get help. When he got to his parent's bedroom, he looked through the keyhole to check if his parents were asleep. Through the keyhole he saw his mom loudly snoring, but his dad wasn't there. So he went to the maid's room. When he looked through the maid's room keyhole, he saw his dad having sex with his maid. Little Johnny was surprised, but then he just realized something and thinks aloud, ''OH!! Now I understand the government! The President is screwing the work force, Congress is fast asleep, nobody cares about the people, and the future is full of crap!''

A henpecked man got tired of his wife constantly picking on him, so he started playing poker on friday nights with his buddys just to get some relief. After he came home she'd start right in on him again.
    After several weeks went by, he came home early one friday night about 9:30. His wife asked him how come he was home early. He told her: "You need to pack your bags and go to Herb's house, I lost you to him in the card game tonight." His wife became furious and started to give him hell. She said: "Just how could you do such a thing!?" He replied: "It was the hardest thing I ever done.... I had to fold with four aces."

A muscular young man from Iowa is in California. He goes to Musclee Beach and tries to strut his stuff, but none of the girls notice. He goes up to the most popular guy and asks what is his secret. The guy says: "Tomorrow, put a potato in your trunks." The next day all the girls take one look at him and yell 'gross', 'awful' and 'hidious'. The confused guy at the end of the day asks the same fellow who told him to put a potato in his pants: "What happened?" The guy says: "Next time, put the potato in the front of your trunks."

A little boy got on the bus, sat next to a man reading a book, and noticed he had his collar on backwards. The little boy asked why he wore his collar that way.

The man, who was a priest, said, "I am a Father."

The little boy replied, "My Daddy doesn't wear his collar like that."

The priest looked up from his book and said, "I am the Father of many."

The boy said, "My Dad has four boys, four girls and two grandchildren and he doesn't wear his collar that way."

The priest, getting impatient, said "I am the Father of hundreds," and went back to reading his book.

The little boy sat quietly... but on leaving the bus, he leaned over and said, "Well, maybe you should wear your pants backwards instead of your collar."

A woman walked up to a little old man rocking in a chair on his porch. ?I couldn?t help noticing how happy you look,? she said. ?What?s your secret for a long happy life?? ?I smoke three packs of cigarettes a day,? he said. ?I also drink a case of whiskey a week, eat fatty foods, and never exercise.? ?That?s amazing,? the woman said. ?How old are you?? ?Twenty-six!? he said.

A man who lived in a block of apartments thought it was raining and put his hand out the window to check. As he did so a glass eye fell into his hand. He looked up to see where it came from in time to see a young woman looking down. "Is this yours?" he asked. She said, "Yes, could you bring it up?" and the man agreed. On arrival she was profuse in her thanks and offered the man a drink. As she was very attractive he agreed. Shortly afterwards she said, "I'm about to have dinner. There's plenty, would you like to join me?" He readily accepted her offer and both enjoyed a lovely meal. As the evening was drawing to a close the lady said, "I've had a marvelous evening. Would you like to stay the night?" The man hesitated then said, "Do you act like this with every man you meet?" "No," she replied, "only those who catch my eye.

Johnny (age 8) comes into the house for dinner after playing outside all afternoon. His parents ask him what he did today. He says that he played baseball and then he proposed to Betty (age 7) the next door neighbor. They are going to get married. His parents think this is cute, and they don't want to make fun of Johnny so they ask Johnny him "How are you and Betty going to pay for the expenses of being married?" He replies "Well with the $1 I get each week from you and the $1 she gets from her Mom and Dad, we should do o.k." His father says "That's fine, but how will you pay the extra expenses if you and Betty have a baby?" Johnny answers "Well, so far, we've been lucky..."

A married couple was having a conversation. The husband asked his wife: "If i ever win the lottery what would you do?" The wife's respond was: "I would take half and leave you!" The husband said: "Well, your in luck - I won the lottery! So, here's $6 and get outta here!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

wed 10th sept af daily

MAE ALL....

Popping on quickly before we loose power again.

Rained all night and now getting heavy snow. Expecting 10cm between now and 9am. :wow:

Power all over the city going on and off so getting my coffee while I can.

Will check back when things are more stable......PPQP

Comment

wed 10th sept af daily

Good morning Abbers & Happy Hump day

Bear, glad the new wheels are making you happy!
        Whatever you decided to do about roller derby & hobbies - just keep your quit first & foremost then everything else will be OK

Mick, thanks for the coffee as usual. Yesterday was a busy day & I expect the same today. Getting myself to Curves today too :H

PQ, I am so sorry to hear about your weather - geez
        Hope you have a great big thermos of coffee to keep you going

Greetings to everyone - I'll probably check in later.
        Have a great AF Wednesday everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

wed 10th sept af daily

:yay::yay: SNOWDAY:yay::yay:

My condo has power (lines are underground) but everywhere around me is out. Community Centre closed.

Comment

wed 10th sept af daily

Couldn't help but laugh when I saw this one....

Comment

wed 10th sept af daily

haha brilliant - grumpy snowmen - hope you're all ok,extreme snow!
              one day at a time

Comment

wed 10th sept af daily

holy moly, did I see snow!!!?? PQ, what the heck? Is this unusual for your area or is this only a little early?
                not much going on in my part of the world, same thing, but that's not so bad, hell I could be getting snow!

Be well all
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

wed 10th sept af daily

Hey Sam...no this isn't usual. It was like Armageddon out there today. Usually we get a small/medium dumping of snow just before Halloween. Been glued to twitter looking a pictures and following outage restorations. Still 30,000 without power but everything good with me.

Comment

wed 10th sept af daily

OMG PQ!!!!!!!!!

Sam - we have absolutely nothing to complain about weather-wise, do we?

Glad you are OK PQ & handling it all with a bit of humor
                    Stay warm & comfy :l
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

wed 10th sept af daily

Good Grief PPQ - that is just nuts!! Maybe sneak over here - I got an electricity warning as we have a mini heat wave - a mere 100 today, and forecast for 99, 99, 99, 97 and 93 in the days following - it is so brown and dusty here - the news just reports that we have managed to cut back water use by 14% and it is nowhere near enough! Maybe we can do some sharing and make everyone happy???
                      Off to second training session - it is still 97 - hope it cools quickly....
                      see you all later
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                      X