Thurs AF 11 sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurs AF 11 sept

MAE everyone. Well that was quite a snowfall PPQP. Of course there is no climate change! :H hope you are keeping warm and positive about the months ahead.

I am having a private pity party here :upset: because it's my birthday and my partner and daughter forgot -again. It would be funny if it it didn't hurt. But it's happened so often and I am sick of having to organise my own treats on this day. I can think of all the things I can be grateful for but this lack of acknowledgement on my birthday and on Mother's Day just makes me feel like I am bloody taken for granted. On top of that I have a pile of reports to write for work!

My partner will probably remember and come home with a bunch of flowers from the supermarket after work - and try to appease me. I will be pissed off and still have to cook dinner. It's just another day.
    Sorry but I had to share my hurt. I used to drink on my birthday especially when he forgot but that's not an option now. I cant go out tonight because we have to collect daughter and friends from something they are doing for school - so transport is tied up.

Trying to see the funny side in this but nothing comes to mind yet! Hope you all have a great day though.

Thurs AF 11 sept

Happy Birthday to you, Treetops!

:bday3:

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

That stinks TT - so understand, and I used to feel bad for feeling like that on top of it! Can you make time to give yourself a birthday treat and sod them??
      Happy BD, love for me - ps nip over, we will be happy to share cake:l
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TT! :applaud::day4::banana:...Lang may your lum reek!!..bit out of order really ..forgetting your birthday!..give him a surprise treat..firstly ..book yourself on something you want to do ..hair ..nails..shopping going somewhere..doesnt have to be for today..secondly have you got an instruction book for using your cooker?if so leave it out..if not then a cookery book..he is bound to ask what they are left out for..your choice mate ..either read it and cook something ...or eat the f..kin book instead co s Im off out for MY BIRTHDAY..this cook is finished ..see ya!!seriously tho I would p.ss all over his bonfire for that one!!whatever happens ..you have a good birthday we are thinking of you :l

ppqp....whats going on with the weather?wow that looks a bit heavy duty!puts a mocker on the gardens tho....extra extra large brew for you today!!be safe....luv those snowmen they are ace!

hiya bear and hows you today then ?all good...still chuffed with the car?

hi SL..wow one extreme to the other!!on one hand loads of snow..the other drought!!sent men to the moon,driverless cars and all sort of gizmos..and yet we cant sort this out??how was your day?

Hi Sam the man....how goes it with you today?what have you got planned for today then?

Hi Lav....bbt..how are you today?today is the day of rest...so rest easy!the weekend starts tomorrow so it will be kid invasion!!so grab it while you can!!

hiya pauly ..hows things with you today ?all good

gotta go for my blood results today...not looking forward to it for some reason !

take it easy and have a good one folks

It's a hot summer day and Jake and Harry are in a ditch digging away. Meanwhile, Ralph is up under the shade of a tree sipping on a cool drink. Jake asks Harry, "Why are we down here digging in the hot Sun while Ralph is being cool up there?" Harry says, "I don't know, I'll go ask him". Harry goes up and asks Ralph, "Why are you up here in the shade drinking a cool drink and Jake and I are in the ditch digging in the hot sun?" Ralph says, "'cause I've got smarts". "What's that? Asks Harry. Ralph puts his hand in front of the tree and says, "Hit my hand as hard as you can". Harry swings his fist at Ralph?s hand, Ralph moves his hand and Harry hits the tree, hurting his hand. Ralph, says "I knew to pull my hand away, that?s called having smarts". Harry goes back in the ditch and Jake asks, "What did he say?" Ralph says, "Its cause he has smarts." "What's that? Asks Jake. Harry puts his hand in front of his face and says. "Hit my hand!"

A beautiful, sexy, good looking lady was sitting next to a guy in a plane...... The lady said to him ' Can you help me remove something from my breast please? ?The exciting young man replied, 'Wow! It will be my pleasure....... So what is it?' "Your Eyes, idiot!"

An elderly man is stopped by the police around 1 a. m. and is asked where he is going at this time of night. The man replies, "I am going to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body." The officer then asks, "Really? Who is giving that lecture at this time of night?" The man replies, "That would be my wife."

A nerd was walking on campus one day when his friend, another nerd, rode up on an incredible shiny new bicycle. The first nerd was stunned and asked, ?Where did you get such a nice bike?? The second nerd replied, ?Well, yesterday I was walking home minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up to me on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, ?Take what you want!?? The second nerd nodded approvingly and said, ?Good choice. The clothes probably wouldn?t have fit.?

A drunk takes his dog for a walk. After awhile he gets thirsty so he ties his dog to a parking meter in front of a bar and goes in for a couple of beers. After he has been there for an hour or so the local policeman enters the bar,?Whose dog is tied up out front?? The drunk responds, ?That?s my dog. Is there a problem officer?? ?Well she?s in heat,? says the cop.? ?Oh, she?ll be all right. It?s shady out there.? ?That?s not what I mean. Your dog needs to be bred.? ?I gave her a half of a loaf this morning. She?s fine.? At this point the policeman is becoming a little upset. ?Listen buddy! You don?t seem to understand what I am talking about. That dog wants to mate.? ?Oh, go right ahead officer, I?ve always wanted a police dog.?

A man goes to see the Rabbi. "Rabbi, something terrible is happening and I have to talk to you about it. The Rabbi asked, "What's wrong?" the man replied, "My wife is poisoning me." The Rabbi, very surprised by this, asks, "How can that be?" The man then pleads, "I'm telling you, I'm certain she's poisoning me. What should I do?" The Rabbi then offers, "Tell you what. Let me talk to her, I'll see what I can find out and I'll let you know." A week later, the Rabbi calls the man and says, "I spoke to her on the phone for three hours. You want my advice? The man said, "Yes" and the Rabbi replies, "Take the poison."

Little Susie, a six year old , complained:"Mother, I've got a stomachache."
        "That's because our stomach is empty", the mother replied. "You would feel better if you had something in it."
        That afternoon her daddy came complaining that he had a severe headace all day.
        Susie perked up: " That's because it's empty", she said. "You'd feel better if you had something in it."

Sam Silverman walks into his boss?s office. ?Sir, I?ll be straight with you, I know the economy isn?t great, but I have over three companies very interested in me ? they're constantly calling, and I would like to respectfully ask for a raise.? After a few minutes of haggling the boss finally agrees to a 5% raise, and Sam happily gets up to leave. ?By the way,? asks the boss as Sam is getting up, ?which three companies keep calling you?? "If you must know," says Sam, "It's the electric company, water company, and phone company."

Last week, we took some friends to a new restaurant, 'Steve's Place,' and noticed that the waiter who took our order carried a spoon in his shirt pocket. It seemed a little strange. When the busboy brought our water and utensils, I observed that he also had a spoon in his shirt pocket. Then I looked around and saw that all the staff had spoons in their pockets.
        When the waiter came back to serve our soup I inquired, 'Why the spoon?' 'Well, 'he explained,'the restaurant's owner hired Andersen Consulting to revamp all of our processes. After several months of analysis, they concluded that the spoon was the most frequently dropped utensil. It represents a drop frequency of approximately 3 spoons per table per hour. If our personnel are better prepared, we can reduce the number of trips back to the kitchen and save 15 man-hours per shift.'
        As luck would have it, I dropped my spoon and he replaced it with his spare. 'I'll get another spoon next time I go to the kitchen instead of making an extra trip to get it right now..'
        I was impressed. I also noticed that there was a string hanging out of the waiter's fly. Looking around, I saw that all of the waiters had the same string hanging from their flies. So, before he walked off, I asked the waiter, 'Excuse me, but can you tell me why you have that string right there?' "Oh, certainly!'
        Then he lowered his voice. 'Not everyone is so observant. That consulting firm I mentioned also learned that we can save time in the restroom. By tying this string to the tip of our you-know-what, we can pull it out without touching it and eliminate the need to wash our hands, shortening the time spent in the restroom by 76.39%.' I asked quietly, 'After you get it out, how do you put it back?' 'Well,' he whispered, 'I don't know about the others, but I use the spoon.'
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

TT - happy birthday - here's a virtual spa day for you xx
          Can you order take out/get OH to order it just so you don't have to cook?

Mick - loving the car - so much nicer to drive/feel much safer!Bit of heat near brake/clutch peddles so need to get it looked at at the weekend.

Hey SL - I'm so busy in the head with work stuff that I almost started another thread thinking today was Friday!

So busy day at work,more driving,then counsellor appt and then sushi with some of roller derby team.I am going to gym before work tomorrow,need to burn off some stress hormones,today I am focusing on deep breathing as that is fuelling my anxiety and also using CBT to challenge my negative thinking when it pops up.

Glad I'm sober - day 13 and I don't drink - have a happy Thursday everyone,looking forward to lazy but busy weekend sorting house out.
          one day at a time

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

TT - happy birthday - here's a virtual spa day for you xx
            Can you order take out/get OH to order it just so you don't have to cook?

Mick - loving the car - so much nicer to drive/feel much safer!Bit of heat near brake/clutch peddles so need to get it looked at at the weekend.

Hey SL - I'm so busy in the head with work stuff that I almost started another thread thinking today was Friday!

So busy day at work,more driving,then counsellor appt and then sushi with some of roller derby team.I am going to gym before work tomorrow,need to burn off some stress hormones,today I am focusing on deep breathing as that is fuelling my anxiety and also using CBT to challenge my negative thinking when it pops up.

Glad I'm sober - day 13 and I don't drink - have a happy Thursday everyone,looking forward to lazy but busy weekend sorting house out.
            one day at a time

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

Good morning Abbers!

Thinking about the events of 9-11 thirteen years ago & all those affected!
              Listened to the president's speech last night outlining his plan to disable the current terror threat in the Middle East. There seems to be no end to this stuff.

TT, Happy Birthday to you young lady :bday7:
              I really hope your family came thru with something for you! We love you, I hope you know that!

Greetings pie, SL, Mick & bear!
              I hope everyone is having a good day.

Nothing big on my plan book today - a nap later sounds good

PQ, I hope the snow is melting - still can't believe you got all that!!!!

Mick, sure hope your blood work turned out OK!

Let's all have a safe & peaceful AF Thursday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

MAE ALL...

TT.....:bday3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :bday3: Remember...we can't control what other people do but we can control how we react. I agree with Mick, put a plan together for your own celebration and it doesn't have to happen today.

SL....I can bring party favors for TT's party, bet Lav can whip up another cake too.

Mick...thanks for the brew, much appreciated this morning. Could be interesting driving to work this morning as I live in an older neighborhood with huge Elm trees. It was funny watching people trying to avoid driving under the trees yesterday. Will survey garden damage later this morning but we did manage to get the above ground crops off before the onslaught of the storm. Blood results will be fine....there took the worry out of that.

Bear...glad the "new to you" car meets your expectation. Hope the heat issue is minor. Have a happy day 13 today.

Having another coffee to read through the jokes. Think I just don't want to start my day yet. At least it's not snowing.......PPQP

:hallo: Lav....just knew you'd post before I finished typing this.

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

Mae everybody,Happy Birthday TT,fellow virgo,i fell off yet again,i feel like crap,tired,lazy just dumb! i can only do this myself,i know that,talk about nerds sheesh i am one
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

Ok - here you go pauly :b&d:
                    You have to know that you will always get the same results if you keep doing the same thing :no:
                    Time to chnage your thinking!!!!!!
                    Do you have the MWO hypno CDs? I wish I still had mine, I would send them to you. I sent them to someone else years ago but never got them back. Go online & download something similar for yourself. Hypnosis (especially used when you are sleeping) really works

PQ, I hope you are wearing a helmet to protect your head from falling objects today!! Be careful out there
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

Thank you Lav,i do a mindclearing session on youtube,but obviously not enough,i just don't understand how when i'm strong,i'm superstrong,but when i'm weak,i'm superweak?i just don't get it,PPQ,that snow is bananas! be careful out there

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

Pauly, somewhere I have the hypno cd's. If you want them, I'll find them.

TT happy birffday!!!!

Just a brief look see here to see how's all be. Off again to work on the never ending fence, garden, etc.

Sam
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

Bear - I feel like Friday today - I will be so disappointed when I wake tomorrow and it is still Friday!
                          Did day two of my run training - little easier I think...
                          Glad you survived the snow PPQ - is it a one off thing, or do you have more to come?
                          Hi Sam, Mick, Lav and PPQ.
                          Pauly - so sorry - do you mark a calendar? It was a good visual for me to have lovely green dots and horrid red ones...

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

Yes SL,i have a calendar,Louie and i put the stickers on it and clap and say"yay"now i feel luke ripping it off the wall!

Comment

Thurs AF 11 sept

i know that feeling only too well Pauly - wish I had a magic wand...

Comment

Working...
                              X