sat 13 september af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning all,I fell asleep at 9pm last night on sofa and slept until 9am,must have needed it.I'm coming down with a cold,so glugging vit c and zinc and have kiwis and tangerines to eat.

Had planned a big declutter today,may do a couple of hours with OH and chill out for the rest of the day.Planned to go to gym too and need to get car from garage, it needs to go back to be fixed for 4 days but is covered by warranty thankfully.Keeping it low key.

Had a moment of overwhelm yesterday about work and course I've signed up to,feel its too much,think i need to plan my time out/book study sessions and it will be ok. I've always managed before.Meeting boss to prioritise work next week too and ask for direction.

BUT counselling is helping,talked about how I don't need to be scared of feelings,they will pass, and that alcohol/excess food isn't the answer.That I need to pat myself on the back for my achievements,and not beat myself up when I have blips in progress and to get in touch with what I actually want to do.

Glad I'm AF, it's day 15 today,clocking up the days,I'm not putting as much emphasis on counting every day so much as I used to as I'm not planning on drinking again, it doesn't seem as relevant.

Hope that you all have a great AF saturday.
    one day at a time

Hiya all how are we today then..currently at the medical walk in centre. ...been up all night and come out in a rash. . Got an allergic reaction to something but don't know what. .Lav...because I don't live back home I'm not allowed to vote. .would vote against splitting anyway. .think it will be detrimental to both countries. .I am Scottish and proud of it..certainly dont need idiots like Salmond spouting off !.anyway s.brews all round ..will try n jump in later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hope you get sorted Mick. Let us know what the rash is as we will be worried. Hope it's not too serious. Make sure you get some rest too

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Thanks for the start up bear!
        Great on your 15 AFdays
        Learning to observe our thoughts & fears & not reacting to them really helps!
        Observe them then let them go, they won't hurt us but drinking will.

Mick, hope you are OK!
        When you mentioned a rash the first thing I thought of was poison ivy
        I feel blessed to have not come into contact with that this year. I hope you get the help you need

Greetings TT!
        What's going on in your world?

Cloudy, cool & just starting to rain here. I have inside projects to keep me busy.
        Tomorrow I will be out with my daughter & granddaughter at a Free Market in the town where they live - great idea

Hello to everyone, have a great AF Saturday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hope you're OK Mick
          one day at a time

Comment

hiya peeps..well here I am...saw the doc this morning ok...hasnt a clue what it is..so we played the "what have you done /eaten/worn different "game..nothing out of the ordinary ..its really localised just one side of my neck,so its an allergy to something,but what is anyones guess..so Im on fexofenadine tablets and some cream..seems to have eased it off slightly,but we shall see later...out early at 5.20 in the morn so I need to sleep..So how were you all today then?what scandal and gossip have I missed??:H

tt how are you doing?how has your Sat been?thanks for your thoughts ..and that goes for everyone else..

Lav..bit late for a brew ..but here you go ..have a good day at the market tomorrow.

Bear.you are right concentrate on the positives ,not the negatives...and take it easy ..theres an awful lot of "doing"words in your first post.

hiya to everyone else,Scottish lass, hope you are ok Cat will be fine :l......ppqp..not snowed in are you? must be honest ,I feel like the cat in the soddin hat today!! Sam you out fencing today?or in the wee cabin...nice pic! likewise Det only a different sort of fencing!Mr G howdo mate,Pauly hows things with you?

pologies to anyone I have forgotten..me memory aint that good !!!:H

few jokes to end the day on...

So there's this man with a parrot. And his parrot swears like a sailor, I mean he's a pistol. He can swear for five minutes straight without repeating himself.
            The trouble is that the guy who owns the parrot is a quiet, conservative type, and this bird's foul mouth is driving him crazy.
            One day, it gets to be too much, so the guy grabs the bird by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!" But this just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever.
            Then the guy gets mad and says, "That's it. I'll get you." and locks the bird in a kitchen cabinet.
            This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches, and when the guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a stream of invective that would make a veteran sailor blush.
            At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer.
            For the first few seconds, there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws and thrashes. Then it suddenly goes very quiet.
            At first the guy just waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he opens up the freezer door.
            The bird calmly climbs onto the man's outstretched arm and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best to improve my vocabulary from now on."
            The man is astounded. He can't understand the transformation that has come over the parrot.
            Then the parrot says, "By the way, what did the chicken do?"

An old man goes to the doctor for his yearly physical, his wife tagging along. When the doctor enters the examination room, he tells the old man, "I need a urine sample, a stool sample and a sperm sample."

The old man, being hard of hearing, looks at his wife and yells: "WHAT?"

"What did he say? What's he want?"

His wife yells back, "He needs your underwear."

Lawyer: "Judge, I wish to appeal my client?s case on the basis of newly discovered evidence."

Judge: "And what is the nature of the new evidence?"

Lawyer: "Judge, I discovered that my client still has $500 left."

The lifeguard told the mother to make her young son stop urinating in the pool.

"Everyone knows," the mother lectured him, "that from time to time, young children will urinate in a pool."

"Oh really?" said the lifeguard, "from the diving board!?!?"

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.
            Well, for example, the other day, my wife and I went into town and went into a shop. We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and I said, 'Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?' He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.. I called him a Dumb ass. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So Mary called him a moron. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Just then our bus arrived and we got on it and went home.
            We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

One day a farmer went outside to his pond with a bucket to pick peaches from the peach tree next to his pond and there were two girls in the pond skinny dipping. When they saw him they went to the deep end and said, ?Don't make us get out, we're naked!? He said ?I ain't. I just came to feed my alligators.?

Two men were in a boat. Their names were Pete and Repete. Pete fell out, who was left? "Repete." Two men were in a boat. Their names were Pete and Repete. Pete fell out, who was left?

In a long line of people waiting for a bank teller, one guy suddenly started massaging the back of the person in front of him.

Surprised, the man in front turned and snarled, "Just what the hell you are doing?!"

"Well," said the guy, "you see, I'm a chiropractor and I could see that you were tense, so I had to massage your back. Sometimes I just can't help practicing my art!"

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!" the guy replied.
            "I work for the IRS. Do you see me screwing the guy in front of me?"

A lion woke up one morning feeling really rowdy and mean. He went out and cornered a small monkey and roared,
            "Who is mightiest of all jungle animals?"

The trembling monkey says, "You are, mighty lion!

Later, the lion confronts a ox and fiercely bellows,
            "Who is the mightiest of all jungle animals?"

The terrified ox stammers, "Oh great lion, you are the mightiest animal in the jungle!"

On a roll now, the lion swaggers up to an elephant and roars,
            "Who is mightiest of all jungle animals?"

Fast as lightning, the elephant snatches up the lion with his trunk, slams him against a tree half a dozen times leaving the lion feeling like it'd been run over by a safari wagon. The elephant then stomps on the lion till it looks like a corn tortilla and ambles away.

The lion lets out a moan of pain, lifts his head weakly and hollers after the elephant -
            "Just because you don't know the answer, you don't have to get so upset about it!"

your mama so stupid that she stared at orange juice for 20 min because it said concentrate

Three women who work in the same office notice that their female boss has started leaving work early every day. One day they decide that after she leaves, they'll take off early, too. After all, she never calls or comes back, so how is she to know?

The brunette is thrilled to get home early. She does a little gardening, watches a movie and then goes to bed early.

The redhead is elated to be able to get in a quick workout at her health club before meeting a dinner date.

The blonde is also very happy to be home early, but as she goes upstairs she hears noises coming from her bedroom. She quietly opens the door a crack and is mortified to see her husband in bed with HER BOSS! Ever so gently, she closes the door and creeps out of her house.

The next day, the brunette and the redhead talk about leaving early again, but when they ask the blonde if she wants to leave early also, she exclaims, "NO WAY! Yesterday I almost got caught!"
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae,everybody,caught Brady's cold so i'm stuck here in bed stuffed up and weak,tired as heck,the joke about the old man's undies gave me a huge laugh though,hope everything is o.k Mick,maybe laundry soap or soap change?
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all - long day at horse show - came home with 4 rosettes - Girl #1 got a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place - but #2 got 5th and unplaced - so tensions high again, but good life lessons. My girls struggling hard at school did really well - so want to give her kudos for that, but my overachiever failed and is in the doldrums - so walking a tightrope!
                Mick - hoe the rash goes. Lav, i do not believe we have poison ivy in the UK - unless someone brought it over since I left. Lovely nettles instead :H
                Missed my training today d/t running girls around. Will miss Wed too d/t late work meeting - really want to keep this on track - triple digits here today again, so don't see myself out tonight and getting up tomorrow will be hard - oh me. oh my!
                Hope everyone is having a good weekend, in spite of sniffles and all else....
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                X