thu 18 sept af

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 18 sept af

Morning all quick check in before work,started course yesterday,not half as much work as I'd worried about,plus we will definitely get some time off,just not sure how much atm.
    Mick - I'd apologise to her if I'd messed up,but I won't be pushed around and apologise just to placate someone, we can co exist in the same group.
    Skated yesterday when really didn't feel like it,had a great sweaty session,lesson learned.Off to get hair done tonight after work,day 19 here and really starting to feel the benefits.

Have a great day everyone
    one day at a time

thu 18 sept af

mae all..how are we then?..greetings on my last day possibly as a Brit/Scot :H and how is everyone today then?finished grouting the bathroom and shower and all the sealing yesterday..sick at looking at white lines in tiles..Juulie has finished the papering and the stain total..is about 95% removed..thats hair shampoo that has taken it out ..handy tip if you are evr in the same position..she tells me it is expensive shampoo..now how the hell would I know??
    anyway ...brew the noo for yoo !!

hiya bear..how are you?all good...hey impressive attitude!!!! now translate that into anti al...nope I wont be bullied pushed into anything I dont want to..no siree..so al go and take a hike!!!!you have a great day at work.

hiya ppqp....how are you thanx for the link...tho I aint got a clue how to get there via the forums page!!..and yes auto save does work..tried it earlier tho still not convinced specially if I am writing a mahoosive post!! hows the garden project doing?..big brew here ..take it you are still boss 2 in this gang?

hiya Sam...hows you today?all good hole in the fence sorted ...just think ..could have been worse ..you could have been working in a jail!! :H

hiya tt ..how are you today then?how was work?no more international flying lined up?yep the site is pretty goo ..and yes there are teething probs..I know byrdie cant get on here properly

hiya Lav ..and howare you doing on day 2001?do you think you are gonna get the hang of this no drinking thingy? :H here you go bbt..for you..any plans for today then?heres some pics of the garden as of last night..tayberries planted ..thats the ones with the long canes in,all thats left in my greenhouse now...toms and peppers..and the side border..see the 3 different kinds of fuschia in there?I love em..where I used to live Southport..I must have had at least 50 different kinds!!you have a good day!

hiya det.....hows you today?had a good rest mate?

right folks orf we go..big shout to those not here..nurdl sl,pauly..anyone seen her ?sf to name a few

Shakey went to a psychiatrist. "Doc," he said, "I've got trouble. Every time I get into bed, I think there's somebody under it. I get under the bed, I think there's somebody on top of it. Top, under, top, under. You gotta help me, I'm going crazy!"

"Let me take care of it," said the shrink. "Come to me three times a week, and I'll cure your fears."

"How much do you charge?"

"A hundred dollars per visit."

"I'll sleep on it," said Shakey.

Six months later the doctor met Shakey on the street. "Why didn't you ever come to see me again?" asked the psychiatrist.

"For a hundred bucks a visit? A bartender cured me for ten dollars."

"Is that so! How?"

"He told me to cut the legs off the bed!"

Recently a teacher, a garbage collector, and a lawyer wound up together at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter informed them that in order to get into Heaven, they would each have to answer one question.

an style="font-family: Verdana;">St. Peter addressed the teacher and asked, "What was the name of the ship that crashed into the iceberg? They just made a movie about it."

The teacher answered quickly, "That would be the Titanic." St. Peter let him through the gate.

St. Peter turned to the garbage man and, figuring Heaven didn't *really* need all the odors that this guy would bring with him, decided to make the question a little harder: "How many people died on the ship?"

Fortunately for him, the trash man had just seen the movie. "1,228," he answered.

"That's right! You may enter."

St. Peter turned to the lawyer. "Name them."

A bus load of politicians were driving down a country road one afternoon, when all of a sudden, the bus ran off the road and crashed into a tree in an old farmer's field.

Seeing what happened, the old farmer went over to investigate. He then proceeded to dig a hole and bury the politicians.

A few days later, the local sheriff came out, saw the crashed bus, and asked the old farmer, "Were they all dead?"

The old farmer replied, "Well, some of them said they weren't, but you know how them politicians lie."

An elderly widow and widower were dating for about five years. The man finally decided to ask her to marry. She immediately said "yes".

The next morning when he awoke, he couldn't remember what her answer was! "Was she happy? I think so, wait, no, she looked at me funny..."

After about an hour of trying to remember to no avail, he got on the telephone and gave her a call. Embarrassed, he admitted that he didn't remember her answer to the marriage proposal.

"Oh", she said, "I'm so glad you called. I remembered saying 'yes' to someone, but I couldn't remember who it was."
    A blonde woman was speeding down the road in her little red sports car and was pulled over by a woman police officer who was also blonde. The blonde cop asked to see her driver's license.
    She dug throught her handbag and was getting progressively more agitated. "What does it look like?" she finally asked. The policewoman replied, "It's square and it has your picture on it."
    The driver finally found a square mirror in her purse, looked at it, and handed it to the policewoman. "Here it is," she said. The blonde officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying, "OK, you can go. I didn't realize you were a cop."

A blonde was sitting on the train reading the newspaper. "The headline shouted, "12 Brazillian Soldiers Killed." She shook her head at the sad news, then she turned to the stranger sitting next to her and asked, "How many is a Brazillian?"

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

thu 18 sept af

Hiya everyone. I am feeling very Scottish-inspired today. on top of that our own election is heating up. I shouldnt post at the end of the day as I am just too tired - but mornings during the week are usually impossible as I always have a lot to do before work. I need to put some time aside to get familiar with this new site and try to get some of the bells and whistles to work for me. But we will all get there. Noticed that Pauly hasn't posted much in the daily ABS thread lately - is that cos of the new site - or are you OK Pauly?
      Aha - I just saw the auto-save do-dah! Big tick for that.
      Hope everyone has a fab Thursday - almost over here. Time for my DVD treat. I am planning on a quiet Friday working at home - the key to this working is for me to not check my email! :eeks: trying out the new smilies! Cheap treats - but thats probably my Scottishness rearing its kilt - oops!:see:

Comment

thu 18 sept af

tried to sort out the avatar thing via my profile but couldn't get it to work

Comment

thu 18 sept af

MAE ALL....
          Mick;n2511688 wrote:
          hiya ppqp....how are you thanx for the link...tho I aint got a clue how to get there via the forums page!!..
          Scroll down to the bottom of the Forum page to Miscellaneous and click on Dis 'N Dat. Under More Forum Links click on Long Term Abstainers.....

Yup still boss #2 ATM...the Board meeting is next Wednesday so we'll see if anything is announced at that time.
          Busy couple of days ahead as we're preparing to build phase 2 of the garden which will see the Children's Keyhole garden, Herbal Spiral garden and 8 new in-ground plots.
          I've got 12 cu yds of soil coming this morning, rough cedar lumber arrives on Friday and Saturday is the build date.
          So thanks for the brew, I need it as I'm heading into work early and have a planning meeting tonight.

:hiya: to everyone else, I'll check in again after I get my day going. Have a Terrific AF Thursday all.....PPQP

Comment

thu 18 sept af

Morning all!
            a quick check in. I seem to be spending some time looking around at the new site. New things all the time. Hope every one has an enjoyable day.
            Abbreviated Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

thu 18 sept af

tt click on your avatar ..it should then open...mouse over it..should see "edit avatar" click on it..then you get the option of adding a pic of your own..which it will let you size down or a preloaded one....
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

thu 18 sept af

Good morning Abbers!

Cloudy & coolish & all I've managed to do so far is consume about a half a pot of coffee :H I'm awake now :H

bear, whatever you're doing is working so stay on your path
                Allow no one & no thing to throw you off!!!

Mick, I think I do have the hang of this no drinking thing :H
                I love living healthier & having no regrets weighing me down too.
                Your garden looks neat as a pin, good for you. I hope Scotland thrives, regardless of which way the vote goes today!

TT, I have to agree - the secret to working successfully from home is staying out of your email accounts & staying off of Facebook!!!!! Now that's one addiction that's still giving me trouble!
                I hope you had a great day!

PQ, new garden beds - cool! Just glad I'm not doing the work :H
                I hope your day goes well too!

I'm in need of catching up on some work today so I'd better get started. Greetings to everyone dropping by today!
                Wishing us all a great AF Thursday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thu 18 sept af

Quick check in as i missed yesterday - did not get home til midnight and up at 6am - watch out, will be grumpy today! Had work dinner meeting - first time out at a meal (in steak house in SF) with wine and no worries at all - very easy, didn't even really think - someone said you don't drink right? easy answer - that's right....
                  Agree with yesterdays comment TT - still getting used to this - not so easy yet to do the flyby check in.
                  Friday is coming - yahoo!
                  Wondering about the vote - my parents are not at all happy - uni students from anywhere can vote, but Scots not in residence can - and 16year olds? feels like they are tryin to stack the vote...
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

thu 18 sept af

SL......Had work dinner meeting - first time out at a meal (in steak house in SF) with wine and no worries at all - very easy, didn't even really think - someone said you don't drink right? easy answer - that's right......well done you that is brilliant!!!youve made it....when you can do that spontaneously ..youre quids in!!...not wondering about the vote..I am a Jock irrespective of what...and I also fought for the crown in the British army!!..but will agree with you there seems to be a stacking of the deck!..and it looked kinda funny seeing a boy in a school uniform coming out of the polling station

Comment

thu 18 sept af

I dunno - sometimes I think the 16 year olds have more clues than the adults - but it does seem young. Maybe 17 would have been a good compromise as thats usually been the standard age in Britain (and its colonies:H) for the cut-off juveniles/adults. Tried what you said about the avatar Mick but nothing happened. I will wait and see.

Comment

thu 18 sept af

Thank goodness you can't vote here until you are 18 & specifically registered to do so :H
                        I wish they would raise the driving age to 18 as well but they won't. Boy do I sound like an old fart or what? :H:H :gramps:

SL, you're working too hard this week but doing very well!

Hi there Mick & TT!
                        Can't wait to see how the vote turns out - interesting stuff!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thu 18 sept af

ahoy ABeroooos!
                          tired from a huge yet productive day down here in the bay. was a little rainy this morn which was a welcome surprise.

back home it's incredibly smoky from the wild fires and folks are having trouble seeing let alone breathing. hope that clears up
                          by the time I get home!

Bear, thanks for the kickstart and you sound nice and strong.

I was walking by mari callenders tonight and a piece of chocolate cream pie accidentally ended up in my mouth. wow! amazing
                          how that happens LOL now I must repent to the paleo church and right my ways....

voting? might as well flip a coin here in the US. you get a fine choice between tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum!

going into pie-induced coma....must sleep for another very long day.

be well everyone
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X