Friday the 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday the 19th

mae all...and how are we today then?all good I hope? well the votes for Scotlands independance are virtually in.....and the die is cast that my homeland remains part of Britain. 55% to 45% and in my opinion ..and rightly so...but there are a lot of changes to be made...but Parliament must deliver!ok then on we go...forward into the weekend
    tea and coffee on the go at the moment
    morning tt..how are you today?its already the start to your weekend ..so any plans for you?has your avatar thingy been sorted out?

hiya Lav ...bbt for you..hows things today?all good hopefully..did you get the work done that you had to?leaves you clear for the weekend then?yep the garden is looking not bad ...but things still to be done.yes the vote was interesting...but what is interesting are the issues that are falling out of it already..the promises made that have to be kept and the wishes of the English people too...now we are talking English devolution and an English parliament if you listen to the politics even in these early days...the smell of bullsh.t pervades!! perhaps we need to find a unique and rare item throughout the world....an honest politician :H

hiya Det...hows you ..complete with chocolate covered face!!.....like your process with regards to the voting..doesnt really matter who had won people wise here..neither of the feckers Cameron or Salmond can even lie straight in bed!!! so thats you home now...well done on an al free trip....chocolate cake is a small price to pay!

hiya SL.....fellow Brit hows you today then?all good?whats the weekend got in store for you?how is the running doing?just watching tv ..as its all from Scotland this morning including the weather forecast..absolutely brill forecast...starts "good morning from an awfy dreich Edinburgh"..anyways you have a great weekend (your 7th month weekend I believe)

hi ppqp ...boss number 2...if you have any spare timber or topsoil give me a shout!!tell you what swap you for this brew any plans for the weekend?whatever..have a good one.

hiya Sam..hows you then?you managing to find your way around the site?hole fixed in the fence now?

right folks time to go...have a great weekend everyone ..including those not here and in the background

So the doctor tells the patient he's got only six months to live.
    But the patient doesn't pay his bill on time, so the doctor gives
    him another six months.

A little boy was excited about his first day at school. So excited in fact, that only a few minutes after class started, he realized that he desperately needed to go to the bathroom. So he raised his hand politely to ask if he could be excused. Of course the teacher said yes, but asked him to be quick. Five minutes later he returned, looking more desperate and embarrassed. "I can't find it", he admitted. The teacher sat him down and drew him a little diagram to where he should go and asked him if he will be able to find it now. The boy looked at the diagram, said "yes" and goes on his way. Five minutes later he returned to the class room and says to the teacher "I can't find it". Frustrated, the teacher asked Jon, a boy who has been at the school for awhile, to help him find the bathroom. So two fellas go together and five minutes later they both return and sit down at their seats. The teacher asks Jon, "Well, did you find it?" Jon is quick with his reply: "Oh sure, he just had his boxer shorts on backwards"
    A married couple was shopping at the supermarket when the husband picked up a 12 pack of beer and put it in the cart.
    "What do you think you're doing?" asked the wife.
    "Yhey're on sale for $10 for 12 cans," he explained.
    "Put them back," she demanded. "We can't afford it."
    A few aisles later, she picked up a $20 jar of face cream and put it in the cart.
    "What do you think you're doing?" asked the husband indignantly.
    "It's my face cream," she said. "It makes me look beautiful."
    He said: "So do 12 cans of beer and they're half the price!"

A guy wandered over to a beautiful woman in a bar and started chatting her up. Not too far into the conversation he said: "Do you mind If I ask you a personal question?"
    "That depends on how personal it is she replied"
    "Okay," he said tentatively. "How many men have you slept with?"
    "No way I am going to tell you that!" she snapped. "That's my business!"
    "Oh, sorry," he said. "I didn't realize you made a living from it."

Ways to tell if a redneck has been working on a computer

10. The monitor is up on blocks.

9. Outgoing faxes have tobacco stains on them.

8. The six front keys have rotted out.

7. The extra RAM slots have Dodge truck parts installed in them.

6. The numeric keypad only goes up to six.

5. The password is "Bubba".

4. The CPU has a gun rack mount.

3. There is a Skoal can in the CD-ROM drive.

2. The keyboard is camouflaged.

And, The Number One Way To Tell If A Redneck Has Been Working On A Computer...

The mouse is referred to as a "critter".

John Smith lived in Staten Island, New York and worked in Manhattan. He had to take the ferryboat home every night. One evening, he got down to the ferry and found there was a wait for the next boat, so John decided to stop at a nearby tavern. Before long he was feeling no pain.

na;">When he got back to the ferry slip, the ferryboat was just eight feet from the dock. Smith, afraid of missing this one and being late for dinner, took a running leap and landed right on the deck of the boat.

"How did you like that jump, buddy?" said a proud John to a deck hand.

"It was great," said the sailor. "But why didn't you wait? We were just pulling in!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Friday the 19th

Evening all - very sad actually about the results of the Scottish referendum. But Let's hope it does see some action from Westminster - and not just for Scotland but other parts of the UK that have played second fiddle. I too am not impressed with Cameron and Salmond. Time to make democracy work and not just rely on the so-called leaders.Anyway we have our national elections tomorrow and I make no secret of my wish to see a change of government. We get 2 votes here - electorate vote and party vote. I've done my two. No great plans for the weekend though. I made pizza tonight - had the fire on so that the dough would rise (I make my own) and made some yummy, fairly healthy toppings as well. Soon will be time to get my ice-cream maker out!!!

I won't go through everyone's names today - but big shout out to you all.

Comment

Friday the 19th

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!! The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of Saint Andrew in Scotland has voted in favour of allowing women members for the first time in its 260-year history.!!

A spokes man said, 'for years we have denied women entrance, and frankly the place now needs a bloody good Hoover'
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Friday the 19th

Lol Mick. Have a great weekend everyone!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Friday the 19th

Good morning Abbers & happy Friday

So the vote is counted Mick - I hope the geniuses in charge over there realize that there's 45% of the population still wanting change. Or will they remain ignored like we are over here?
          Yesterday's work was completed & I will be starting on a new job today. But first, a quick trip to Curves is in order And sometime, real soon I need to do a major house cleaning in the chicken house - it's a disaster right now :H

TT, I love homemade pizza. I have to go very, very light on the cheese these days but it's still good
          hope you have a great weekend!

Greetings to everyone. I'll probably check in later.
          Have a great AF Friday one & all.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Friday the 19th

MAE ALL....

Mick...they wouldn't have to let women in if you'd just apply for the hoovering job. Ask for more money for dusting...:H
            No plans for the weekend other than hosting an Open House and Phase 2 Garden build. Hopefully can get down to my Dad's later at some point.

Lav...told Bear I'd check with you about a cake for her 30 days. Think you can fit that in after you get the coop cleaned out?

Sticking close to the thread these days as I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed at the moment and waiting for an outcome/decision from the board about the GM job.
            So much needs fixing/dealing with and it's hard not to start as I'm in a holding pattern right now.

Oooh...just got an "invalid server response" flash on the screen so will log off to save my post.
            Will check back later so have a great AF Friday all and all to come.....PPQP

Comment

Friday the 19th

PPQ - sorry you are feeling overwhelmed - I am still getting used to this site, so if you are not getting support in the moment you need it, I would be happy to share contact info with you....
              Mick - it was good to wake up and know that I am still British! I am happy the vote turned out this way - very happy, as are my parents.
              Yes, Sunday will be my 7th month! Thx for remembering - just done my grocery shop, and I still look down the wine aisles and wish I could, but it is a passing wish rather than a deliberate turn away with my trolley!
              I thought dreich was an Aberdonian word:H My mother tries to teach the girls the Doric but not working!
              Will be running tomorrow after a week off - well not off, but too much work to get runs in - I am sure I will feel it tomorrow.
              TT - I'll pop an order in for ice cream.
              As Det is mentioning, we are still burning up over here - the 78,000 acre fire that is still not controlled was started by some eejit!

Morning Lav and G - hi to Sam and Det when they check in...
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Friday the 19th

SL......foos yer doos?.deed aye ma quine..its a sair fecht spikkin the doric...have a look at these on you tube www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM-qYLyb6oo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLOH8sKzudc[/video]]www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLOH8sKzudc

Comment

Friday the 19th

Have started the saturday thread for 20 Sept so that those two in the "UNITED KINGDOM" don't start their pas de deux.:H

Comment

Working...
                  X