SUNDAY THE 21ST SEPTEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mae all..how are we today?as we speak I can see the wee green light on that Lav is on line so if you are...then a big hiya and a real early mornin brew to you..its 4.55am...managed to get a good sleep last night..was in bed at 9!!
    so things didnt go well in the elections tt?only trouble is with the large number not voting it doesnt truly reflect on the views of the population! I used to do archery for fun..trouble was I xouldnt hit a barn door with a shovel..
    Hiya Sam...hope you are feeling better today mate
    hi ppqp...hows you? doing ok?its ok doing all this work ..but dont forget me time!!

SL...well here you are.......7 months in...congratulations to you :banana::applaud::wavin::wave::wave::yougo:..you have done fantastic...and so has you attitude to it all...well done to you..I have noticed the way you answer people in posts now..its as if youve to quote Byrdie "put your big girl pants on now" a reallg big heartfelt well done to you

right folks need to dash..will put some jokes in later ....off to Lincoln are again..have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers,

Guess I was up too late last night Mick because I got up an hour later than usual this morning!
    Sometimes it's a bit hard to wind down after having family visit but I wouldn't have it any other way Hope your day is productive!

SL, Congrats to you on your 7 months AF :wd:
    I hope you find whatever your daughter needs to help her blossom. Finding the educational counselor for my son was such a blessing, I am still grateful. It turned out to be the best money I ever spent - honestly!

TT, you asked about government subsidies? No such thing here I'm afraid. Sorry your elections did not turn out the way you hoped. I have always voted & always will but it's usually just a waste of time. This country is owned by the fat cats with all the $$ in their pockets So much for the democracy, huh? We were introduced to archery in high school gym class - fun

I will be watching my busy grandsons all afternoon on this last day of summer
    You can bet I have my BGPs on :H

Have a great AF Sunday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey everyone,I drank yesterday and I'm thinking of trying to moderate again - so I'm going to disappear for a bit as this isn't the place to discuss that.Love you all and be happy xx
      one day at a time

Comment

MAE All...

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and I'm glad you were able to get some sleep. Hope your day is a success.

SL....ditto from me. CONGRATS ON 7 MONTHS :yay: Hey, I got my color back!

Lav..enjoy the last day of summer with your grandsons.

Bear...good luck with moderating and remember we'll be here.

Taking the day for myself and relaxing. Boss got the ok from the President and Past President of the board to put my name forward at the Board Meeting on Wednesday.
        Apparently he wants to meet on Monday but for today, I'm not even thinking about it. Have a Super AF Sunday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Thanks for the congrats - feeling good and think my BGP's are on! (they make me feel too old though - my nublie teens make jokes about BGP's!!!)
          I am hoping for my daughter too Lav, I have been looking around and not finding anything similar - I think I will get through this testing phase and hopefully the psychiatrist will be able to point me somewhere. I wish we had lots of time to deal, but with all the school cutbacks, and only being there half of a year, I feel that time is marching on.

Sam - hope you are ok, and maybe able to find things that wake your sunnyside up?

Happy colour PPQ - what will the changes at work mean for you? Hopefully not more work? But maybe more satisfaction? Enjoy today relaxing, and sending good thoughts and P's your way (thanks for pointing it out - found the colour too!! and other font options!)

Bear - hope you find your way, and I am sure we will be here if you chose to come back....
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Saw last nights reply TT - I have gone to the school a few times for help, but was banging my head on a wall - I am hearing that the school should have been doing some of this - there are different avenues that I could have taken, I am not sure that I would have done much differently - it does feel expensive, but not really if it will work out a future for her. Hopefully insurance will pay some of it - but if not, hopefully it is an investment in her future.
            Sorry about your elections - not many people seem to vote any more, and elections are strange affairs to say the least - popularity contests rather that much more, with promises of false hope...
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

as promised.......not a bad day today either

A young man asked an old rich man how he made his money.

The old guy fingered his worsted wool vest and said, "Well, son, it was 1932. The depth of the Great Depression. I was down to my last nickel."

"I invested that nickel in an apple. I spent the entire day polishing the apple and, at the end of the day, I sold the apple for ten cents."

"The next morning, I invested those ten cents in two apples. I spent the entire day polishing them and sold them at 5:00 pm for 20 cents. I continued this system for a month, by the end of which I'd accumulated a fortune of $1.37."

"Then my wife's father died and left us two million dollars."
              A psychiatrist congratulated his patient on making such good progress.
              "You call this progress?" snapped the patient. "Six months ago, I was Abraham Lincoln. Now I'm nobody!"

On the way home from a party, a wife said to her middle aged husband: "Have I ever told you how sexy and irresistible to women you are?"
              "I don't believe you have dear," he replied flattered.
              "Then what the hell gave you that idea at the party?"

Having been playing outside with his friends, a small boy came into the house and asked: "Grandma, what is it called when two people sleep in the same room and one is on top of the other?"
              His grandma was surprised to hear such a forthright question from a six-year-old but decided to answer as honestly as she could. "Well," she said hesitantly, "it's called sexual intercourse."
              "Oh, okay," said the boy and he ran outside to carry on playing with his friends.
              A few minutes later, he came back in and said angrily: "Grandma, it isn't called sexual intercourse. It's called bunk beds. And Jimmy's mom would like a word with you!"

Two old ladies were discussing their husbands. One said: "I do wish George would stop biting his nails. It's such a horrible habit."
              : 112pxpx;">Her friend said: "My Arnold used to do the same. But I eventually cured him of it."
              "How did you do that?"
              "I hid his teeth!"

An old man was asleep in his chair one afternoon when he was awoken by the sound of the doorbell. He shuffled to the door and when he opened it, he saw a beautiful young womanstanding there.
              "Oh dear!" she said. "I'm at the wrong house."
              "Sweetheart, you're at the right house," the old guy assured her, "but you're about 40 years too late!"

A Navy officer was walking through the crew's quarters of his ship one day and chanced upon a sailor reading a magazine with his feet up on a table.
              "Sailor!" the officer boomed. "Do you put your feet up on the furniture at home?"
              "No, sir," replied the sailor, "but we don't land airplanes on the roof either!"

The conductor turned to the violin student and said: "You should have taken up the violin earlier"
              "Why?" asked the student. "Do you think the practice would have made me really good?"
              "No," said the conductor. "But you might have given up by now."
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Had a long day but it was good

Bear, I hope you keep yourself safe!

PQ, we'll all be behind you whatever comes from the meeting. Are we going to have to address you as Your Highness or anything like that in the future? :H
                You are one hard working lady & deserve the very best!

SL, I may have mentioned this before but when I sat down to discuss the College Bound program for our son with YB he balked about the money. I told him we could either spend the money on the program or save it for bail for the kid someday He thought about it for about a minute & agreed. It was the best solution for our son & I have no regrets whatsoever. Keep looking & searching, you will find the right solution for your daughter. That's what we parents do best

Glad you had a good day too Mick!

Sam - what's up?
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

happy Sunday ABerooooos!

sure nice to be home even if it's so darn smokey here from the fires that i can hardly breath. wheeeez!

SL, super happy congrats to you dear! garlic haggis all 'round!

sadly in the US and the UK we wake up and realize we've actually been living in an oligarchy for quite some time. it's a pisser, but I'm sure
                  as heck not going to drink over it. Freedom is very much a state of mind.

Bear, please be safe and never ever drink and drive please xxxxxx

another crazy week ahead but at least so far I 'think' I'll be able to stay near home.

had a blast at swordfighting yesterday morning. even got a lovely shiner on my eye from getting whacked with a shield. LOL

made a rare treat today: buckwheat pancakes! toasted and ground the buckwheat myself and the flavour was amazing.

arritey, off to unpack the car

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

evening all
                    hope everyone has had a good Sunday.
                    Bear, hope you're ok, come here any time. Ain't no lock on the door.
                    Det, what type of swords do you use?
                    PQ, good for you doing some down time. Tomorrow gets here soon enough.
                    Sl, that is wonderful getting that 7 months!!
                    Mick, thanks for the daily dose of chuckles. I can so relate the violin one! I've quit so many times.
                    Hey Lav, not much going on, just feeling a little "quiet". Sometimes as time passes being sober, I realize the time I've wasted, then I start wasting my time thinking about the time I've wasted. So I'm trying to put it aside. I seem to allow changes of seasons to affect me. All is good, just feel a little off my game.

good night all. See you all tomorrow for some, today for others.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                    X