Tuesday AF 21 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday AF 21 October

Tuesday afternoon and how are we all doing? Mick – you could be permanently employed as a decorator and gardener at my house. Will keep you paid in Irn Bru and Jaffacakes! The trouble with decorating – is once your start…

Hi there Lav – glad the young man kept his pants on. Well done you on being smoke-free for so long.:goodjob:

Also more congrats to SL:goodjob: on your 8 months of being AF. The niggles don’t go completely away but they seem to just be that – niggles. I suppose many folk on MWO will be thinking about the booze-fest that looms with the festive season. Best thing is not too worry too much about it and make it out to be a grand thing looming – but planning in anticipation is always good (and alkies are experts at planning! :congratulatory I think back to the days when the thought of going without booze over Christmas seemed impossible – my not so secret survival weapon.

How did the tutoring go SL? Actually as I write this my daughter is being tutored, first time in her life – but its for maths only – necessary with exams in a few weeks (equivalent of A Levels). Maths used to be one of her best subjects but now she struggles. A bad teacher earlier this year did not help- she got lost at that point. Its kind of strange to have a tutor come to our house but its just temporary.

Hope your Monday went well Pauly. You too SunFlower. I won’t give my 2 cents of my views on yelling at children with regard to schoolwork etc – you can guess. But I can see how this all exacerbates tensions at home especially when parents have different views about their children. My partner didn't want me to hire a tutor – and resisted for ages (said he would tutor but did that actually happen? No.) and probably its too late now. That's why I went ahead and made these recent arrangements. It was almost as if engaging a maths tutor was an insult to his (my partner’s intelligence). And ours is only a tiny issue .

Sam- hows it all going? PPQP – basking in the sun :happy2:– we will be calling you SunFlower before long.

Det – hope the week ahead goes well after your lovely break.

Well I better get on with my own work – and no doubt will pop in later for a peek. Still very tired – hardly slept last night – so am in one of those stupid sleep deprived cycles. But I ain’t going to start driving at 4am or whenever Mick does it!

mae all,,from a seriulsly windswept and wet Oldham...hurricane gonzales has struck...if this what its like in Bermuda..then keep it!!weather is horrendous out there today...even the rabbits are battened down..wont be going too far today..brew time n on with the show..

mornin/even tt...hows you today?sleep fairy land at your place yet?yes that would suit me fine paid in juice and biscuits!!you get some kip..was going to say ..count sheep...but thats not what happens to sheep in NZ is it? :happy2:

morning SL.....firstly congrats on your 8 months ..today...that is if you dont count today..if you do then its 8 months 1 day..so I was 50% right...for the part I got wrong I apol........thats half an apology!!how are you doing?how as daughter with tutoring?is a crock the same as a slow cooker?dont forget you in all this either...give yourself a break too!!

hiya Lav...hows you today then?all good I hope.bbt madam ..here you go..as for the floor in the kitchen..for one mad moment I was going to sand it all down...but against me is the fact that not all the wood is the same..and secondly if you look at the split board by the door into the conservatory..it has for some strange reason got dry rot...its the only one..it was ripped out at 6.25am this morning but its a bit too early to get my saw going!!what Im going to do is replace the board,then level and cover the floor with hardwood sheeting,on top of that going to put in cushion flooring similar to the conservatory that you can see in the pic..that way looks the part stops draughts and keeps the heat and can be replaced easier..all thats left to do pre new kitchen is take old units out ,cooker and sink out..but that cant be done yet..well not for a couple of weeks!!!

hiya ppqp...how are you today..how come you are getting all this sunshine??are you working today or are you using "the bosses rights" clause?:congratulatory:

hiya pauly...hows you today...and the choco ice kid??all good?what you up to today then?

hiya SF....hows you ?got to agree with you..I hate taking script meds..or any for that matter..I am only on one med a day now..and unfortunately cant come off that..the alternative aint too clever!!as far as feeling unsettled...that just goes with the territory of sayin au voir to corporate business..felt exactly the same when I retired..after 37 years in govenment service it was (and still is at times)a lot for the grey sponge to absorb..but the thing is...as long as you feel you have made the right choice ..then the wee niggles and what ifs dont matter.

hi dtd ..hows the cape today?

morn Sam..what are you up to today then?

righty ho folks off we go ...have a great day...

A sailor drops anchor in a port and heads into the nearest pub. Everyone in the pub is whispering and pointing at him because of his odd shaped body; he has a very muscular body, but a very tiny head on his shoulders. As he orders his drink, he tells the bartender, "I'll explain. I get this in every port and town I visit. I caught a mermaid and she granted me three wishes if I would release her back into the sea. So I told her I wanted a yacht and, sure enough, she came through for me. Next, I asked for a million bucks and now I am set for life. Last of all, I asked her if I could have sex with her and her response was, 'I don't know how you can make love to me with your type of body.' So I asked her, 'How about a little head?'"

Yo mama is so stupid she came over to my house and shouted in my mailbox to leave me voicemail.

Yo mama so poor when you walk in her house's front door you're in the backyard.

12 Things NOT to say to a Cop

1. I can’t reach my license unless you hold my beer.

2. Sorry, Officer, I didn’t realize my radar detector wasn’t plugged in.

3. Aren’t you the guy from the Village People?

4. Hey, you must’ve been doin’ about 125 mph to keep up with me. Good job!

5. Are You Andy or Barney?

6. I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer.

7. You’re not gonna check the trunk, are you?

8. I pay your salary!

9. Gee, Officer! That’s terrific. The last officer only gave me a warning, too!

10. Do you know why you pulled me over? Okay, just so one of us does.

11. I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there are no other cars around. That’s how far ahead of me they are.

12. When the Officer says, “Gee Son….Your eyes look red, have you been drinking?” You probably shouldn’t respond with,”Gee Officer your eyes look glazed, have you been eating doughnuts?”

“You know your going bald when your conversations with your barber keep getting shorter and shorter. I sit down. ‘How about those . . .’ ‘Next.’ ‘What?’ ‘We’re done.’ ‘Well, here’s a tip.’ ‘I can’t. That would be stealing.’”

Sitting at the dinner table, a daughter complimented her father on his improved manners.

"I'm pleased to see that after all these years you have finally learned to put your hand over your mouth whenever you cough."

"I have to," he replied. "It's the only way I can catch my teeth."

A theatre usher was alarmed to see an elderly gentleman crawling on his hands and knees beneath a row of auditorium seats in the middle of a serious dramatic play.

"What are you doing, sir?" he whispered. "You're disturbing the audience around you!"

"I've lost my gum," answered the old man, continuing to search under the seats.

"Sir," continued the usher, "if that's your only problem, allow me to offer you another stick of gum so that you can sit down and watch the rest of the play. A stick of gum is not worth all this commotion."

"But you don't understand," said the old man. "My false teeth are in that gum!"

Two old ladies met in the supermarket. After inquiring about each other's health, the conversation turned to their respective husbands.

"Oh," said one, "Bert died last week. He went out to the garden to dig up a cabbage for dinner, had a heart attack and dropped dead in the middle of the vegetable patch."

"Oh, my!" exclaimed the other. "What did you do?"

"Came here to buy a cabbage."

A family was on its way to the hospital where the 16-year-old daughter was scheduled to undergo a tonsillectomy. During the ride, the teenager and her parents talked about how the procedure would be performed.

"Dad," the teenager asked, "how are they going to keep my mouth open during the surgery?"

Without hesitation, he said, "They're going to give you a phone."

A businessman was having a tough time lugging his lumpy, oversized travel bag onto the plane. Helped by a flight attendant, he finally managed to
    stuff it in the overhead bin.

"Do you always carry such heavy luggage?" she sighed.

"No more," the man said. "Next time, I'm riding in the bag, and my partner can buy the ticket!"

The curiosity of the passenger was excited by the fact that his seat mate had his right arm in a sling, and the following dialogue occurred:

"You broke your arm, didn't you?"

"Well, yes, I did."

"Had an accident, I suppose?"

"Not exactly. I did it in trying to pat myself on the back."

"My land! On the back! Now, whatever did you want to pat yourself on the back for?"

"Just for minding my own business."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Abbers

Sunny here although it was supposed to be mostly cloudy today. Someone messed up I think

TT, I doubt that YB ever completely agreed with me where the kids were concerned. BUT he always admitted that I was better with them than he was so he reluctantly went along with most decisions. He put up a big stink about the tutoring & counseling for our ADHD kid but when he saw the results ~ of course it was the right decision, LOL
      Your daughter sounds like a very smart girl, I'm sure she will do OK.
      I'm not getting enough sleep either, not because I haven't tried.

Mick, I hope your weather clears up quickly! No one needs hurricane-like weather. Hope the bunnies can wait it out in their cozy little nest Take the day off from your kitchen project, read a good book!!

I need to get to Curves to actually get some exercise today then I have millions of things to do around here to keep me out of trouble.
      Greetings to the whole gang & sending wishes for a wonderful AF Tuesday for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,i like the list of things not to say to a cop,when hubs is speeding and i call him out on it he always uses the"keeping up with traffic"onehmmm,i've never had a speeding ticket and he's had several,so who's kidding who haha,Lav,how was "DWTS"?btw i like Pitbull,i had a horrible sinus headache last nite so i didn't watch anything,just laid in bed with the t.v on listening to "forensic files"it was hurting my head to look at the t.v,Mick,i was wondering what you were gonna do with the floor in the kitchen,can't wait to see pics when it's done,i love that little glassed in area you have,i can imagine sitting out there reading the paper(i still read actual newspapers)having coffee,looks cozy,SF,by all means give the Amoryn a shot,i wasn't trying to be negative about it at all,as a matter of fact i had some really good moods while on it,and it does have really good percentages on helping anxiety/depression,i'm just super sensitive to just about anything,once i took advil liquigels and felt like i was gonna crawl out of my skin! but i can take regular advil no prob,i may order another bottle of Amoryn and the Serydyn,please keep me posted on how yu feel on it,have choco kid until 8:30 tonite cuz Kell has a meeting at work,ugh,he's gonna be a crab cuz that's his bath/bedtime,hopefully hubs can keep him occupied in the garage playing with tools,Louie loves grabbing wreches and pretending to fix stuff,it's cute,well off to get something to munch on,i swear if i don't eat a little something in the morn i feel kinda weird,hope we all have a nice Tuesday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

here you are pauly ..just taken a couple of pics ..apologies but the sun is starting to go down so all the reflections..but it shows the view you get..great to sit and watch the world go by..you see more planes than cars..and me being a saddo ..have got an app that tells you what plane is what and where its come from!!

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

ahoy-hoy ABerooooos!

TTops, thanks for the blastoff.

SL, ooooh roooh for 8months! I'm trotting behind you with day 100

Mick, lovely place there

I 'tried' to do some plumbing yesterday and managed to flood out the garage. ack!
            there are just some things I'm not terribly good at, and that's one of them.

looks like I get to be in town this week. yay! so I'm off to swordfighting tonight which is always a great fun workout.

speaking of nutrition, there is a nutrient almost always lacking in the modern industrial diet and that is vit K2 (not the regular vit K)
            it's crucial in Vit A and D metabolism.

hope you all have a loverly AF Tue

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

SL, have I already congratulated you or not? If I haven't, apologies - and a great job on getting to 8 months! And if I have - twice the fun!

Lovely view there, Mick. Wanted to get your views on you now having to pay for plastic shopping bags. Been doing so for a couple of years now here.

Lovely MAE to all of you - keep on fighting the guid fight!
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Awesome pics Mick,beautiful view! congrats on 8 months SL,and congrats on 100 days Det,now where the hey is vitamin k2?is it in food?a pill?i still think i'm deficiant in some vitamins and minerals,just not sure what,i just feel sluggish,maybe cuz that sleep fairy seems to be hibernating!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

evening all
                  very nice pics there Mick, I could see watching the world go by sitting there easily. Not much going on, be the same ol same ol.
                  have a good one everybody.
                  Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

You ok Sam?you seem kinda blah

Comment

Hey Pauly
                      I'm fine, thanks, just kinda fried, not enough sleep residue from the weekend. Like your new avatar!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Was having a good day till about 10 minutes ago. Got stopped by the police for not coming to a complete stop at a 4 way stop intersection. Talk about triggers.
                        My neighbourhood is well established with most of the residents in their 90's and they drive at a snails pace. At the end of the day I just want to get home.
                        I was in the wrong and will pay the ticket but $287 is a bit steep.
                        Back to a garden meeting in a few minutes, but I'll definitely stop at that intersection.
                        Sorry not to chat to each and all....have a peaceful evening all....:happy2:PPQP

Comment

Great pictures Mick, You have a wonderful view thru some extremely clean windows
                          Mine never look that good - never, Haha!!!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi - checking in quickly - thanks for the 8months congrats, feels really great!
                            And thanks for the daughter support. Tutoring has gone well - they like each other, which is a big help. First session was only 30 mins as tutor got time wrong, at least she called after to admit her error and explain - then today was 30mins too as it took me 2 1/2 hrs to get home and I was late! Not off to a great start, but daughter seems really happy, so something is starting off well. They are focusing on organisational skills which will be a huge help (as those also working with ADHD kids will agree with).
                            As to partner part of this - Dad is no help, not helping with paying or ferrying back & forth - even called today at tutoring time to ask to take her out for a drink - they haven't heard from him in a few days and he chooses today - his way of letting her know he does not agree with my choices - but I am the lucky one - he is not in house to interfere in any bigger way!
                            Will check in later - so good to see everyone here and such a good support group - I know I am not giving much, and happily taking just now, but so glad to have you all!
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Det - just re-read - 100 today?? That's just great!! Very well done....
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                              X