Monday AF 27 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday AF 27 October

Morning everyone – tis a sunny Monday here and I am back amidst our own mess! Here is some coffee although it might be getting a bit late on Sunday for some folks to have coffee.
    I always wonder about books and movies where they drink lots of coffee all day and night – do you know people who can drink coffee late at night and still get to sleep?
    Good luck to such folks.

Meatballs Lav? Would that be for the little folk that visit your house? Yes, I think dogs do get allergies although I am not a Vet – so don’t take my word as gospel.

Hope you are taking care of yourself Pauly – its always a shock and very sad when people we know are dealing with crisis and death.

Hope the rest of the weekend was great for other folk – Mick you must be winding down by now I guess? Did you turn your clock back? Hi there PPQP, SL, SF, Det and Sam – what a wee daily bunch we are these days. That's fine – and its always nice to have people stop by or post regularly. Don’t be shy!

I am not going to have a holiday today even if it is Labour Day (and in honour of the 8 hour working day). Work stuff I want to clear – can do this at home – and if I get just a few things done it takes some pressure off for the rest of the week.:welldone:

Have a good week, wrap up warm those of you in cold climes – and see you later!

mae all ...how are we today then?/all good I hope....yes clocks went back yesterday..an extra hour in bed ...yeah right!reading the news today...they are looking at bringing "brownouts"in over winter here..they already do it in USA..apparently..not a blackout..just reduced power..basically there aint enough energy to go round...bet the bills aint reduced tho!!yet another day with no ants couple of stragglers but thats it...pretty good day yesterday ,tho the time for shorts n t shirt have certainly gone..it were reet cowd yesterday...(yorkshire dialect)for very cold...see not only is this informative ..but also ejucashinalok here we go ..brew n go time

hiya pengy...hows you then?sorry the break wasnt up to too much..think we have all been to those sort of gaffs before..recall in my earlier days,going stopping in York..it was that manky we had to even pay the bugs rent!!despite being busy..you make sure you get some you time...as for winding down errm nope...just starting really ..back to kitchen now!!!you have a good evening.

hiya SL..how are you?pretty busy and energetic by the sounds of it!!!and knackered too...a good kind of knackered :happy2:very impressive about teaching your daughters respect...pity a few more parents in this world didnt think along those lines!!!as Lav says "keep the faith!!"

hiya roadside ..welcome...whats with the angry head?care 2 share?

hiya pauly ..hows you doing?yep read nursies post too...and it is sh.t bearing in mind what she is going thru...but we also have to look after ourselves so remember that as you put on that mad monday smile..think of you and yours too...

hiya lav..bbt with energy pills ..did you get any sleep last night..or were dogs still playing up?could be anything really from as you say an allergy to something theyve picked up..probably literally!!hope today is better for you...

hiya Sam..wife just changed her mind once??aint you the lucky one!!looking forward to see what it turns out like...yep hopefully the march of the ants is over...have a good one mate

hiya ppqp..santas postcode ..ho ho!some pretty good fact there..So how are you today then?feeling any upper....made up word there..hope so...please dont go to work n take it out on the workforce..specially tha finance officer that gets on your wick....well ok go then ..hee hee!have a great day...get some "p"s in yer pocket!!re number 26..yep suffered that one.."where do you come from?"Scotland.."really?Ive got a friend there called Jimmy..you must know him""

right folks ...doing one now ..take care n have a good un

I went to see a therapist.

I said, "I'm not sure if I'm a man or a woman."

He said, "Right. Just pull your pants down for me."

I said, "No."

He said, "You're a woman."

Daylight Savings confuses me.Not sure I'm doing it right.I moved my clock forward and it fell off the mantlelpiece.

I was arrested this morning for indecent exposure.

I forgot to put my cock back.

My wife claims to be really good at reversing.

But I've never seen her back it up.

The drink/drive limit is to be reduced in Scotland from one-and-a-half pints of beer to less than a pint.

Should have voted yes.

Public restrooms are weird.

The guy in the stall next to me has four feet and is wearing heels on one pair.

I said to my missus, "Have a guess where I've booked you for your holiday?"

She said "Seychelles?"

I replied "Ok, shells, you're off to Skegness."

FACT.

Each 'Chronicles of Narnia' film started production in the 15th century.

The reason they took so long to make is that every time an actor was sent to the wardrobe department they took 8 years to get back.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers,

Glad to report a better night's sleep primarily because I remembered to plug in the humidifier. I woke up without a sinus headache & the dog had no coughing/snorting asthma-like attacks Sunny & mild here today so no complaints. I think we change the clocks here next weekend.

Greetings TT, hope you got that work out of the way

Mick, sounds like you have won the ant war - good for you!
      I actually did get outside yesterday to cut back the spent perennials, looks better now.
      Fed the grandsons last evening then happily sent them home - oh boy! I will be picking them up after school Wednesday & bring them here for a few hours & my granddaughter will be here tomorrow. Not much alone time for me

Hello to everyone & wishing a wonderful AF Day for all. I'm off to Curves to do something nice & healthy for myself.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,PPQP,the only thing i knew about Canada was was from watching "degrassi"thanks for the info haha,it only hit me so hard with Nursie's mom,because i feel horrible for Nursie and also i can almost imagine a similar scenario with my mom if one of us kids was diagnosed with something,she over drinks as it is when she gets upset about my brothers'personal lives,i.e relationships,job sitch etc,i always think she's just looking for an excuse to drink,but i guess that's what alkies do,i just put off posting cuz all of the stuff i was gonna talk about seemed so petty! i piss myself off with worrying about small things,when it could be a hell of alot worse! hubs took today and tomorrow off cuz we didn't end up taking a vacay this year and he just wants a couple days off for a break,no hurricane Louie tonite cuz Kell's off,we had him Sat and his other gramma had taken him to the park and he smelled like stinky little boy,he's losing his baby smell,i think i'm gonna try a humidifier at nite my sinuses are haywire this fall:sad:youngest daughter leaves Saturday for Portland,i still don't like the idea,may be popping in for some x-tra support this weekend,hope someones around,o.k fake smile Monday,have a good one peeps:love:
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning - so it is Monday Feeling bleh today - weepy, and not sure why.....
          Really not anymore to say - will give myself a pep talk and try to snap out of this...
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi there SL. No wonder you feel bleh - after all the stress of your daughter's matters etc - and maybe also after the physical exertion from the run. Sounds like you need some rest and a big hug.
            Or don't take PPQP's list of things about Canada to heart!! I can relate to what you say PPQP - as I get fed up sometimes with the stereotypes about my country. Hope you are feeling a bit better too.

Comment

Happy Monday, AFers,

Good to see so many familiar faces and hear all are doing so well.

If it wasn't for Antabuse, I would be drinking today. It is odd. Nothing really triggered the feelings, they just came on and overwhelmed.

Luckily, I can't drink no matter what so that is answered.

We "Fall Back" Nov 2, here. Looking forward to gaining an hour but not looking forward to waking up at 3 instead of 4. It will sort out eventually, though.

As usual, enjoyed the jokes, Mick. At least I had a bit of a chuckle to make the day a bit better.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good to "see"you Cinders! wondered about you many times,i get irritated with Vegas stereotypes! not all of us live on the strip and gamble all nite haha
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Had a much better day today. Funk has lifted but it looks like it fell on SL. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Cinders...we fall back on the 2nd as well. Good to see you popping in.

Pauly...I know how you feel. I'm still working on not worrying so much. I think a humidifier is a good idea. My son actually plugged one in down here and it's made a lot of difference.

TT...it is easier to live in your own mess isn't it. Sorry the trip wasn't a great one.

Lav...glad the humidifier helped. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Mick...thanks for the PM:heartbeat: I had a much better day today. We even went out for birthday lunches so had a steak sandwich. I think soup is on the menu for dinner.
                  Glad to hear it looks like the last of the ants, that was definitely the last thing you needed. The high today was only 4C so definitely no shorts or Tshirts. Looking forward to a peaceful evening, hope your's is going good.

Greeting to anyone else who stops in tonight.....:happy2:PPQP

Comment

I made a big pot of soup today too PQ - all for myself
                    Sorry you're dealing with wintry weather. It's supposed to get very cold here on Sunday - like it or not.

Cindi, glad to see you & hope you are OK!

Pauly, I don't know if I mentioned this before but my SIL moved to Vegas after my brother passed away last summer. I'm sure she IS there for the drinking & gambling. Never want to hear from her again
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks for the support - and the PM Mick - happy to hear this passes PPQ - will follow your path.

Have school meeting Wed and probably getting myself in a tissy about that...I am sure they will explain to me that it is all what my daughter is not doing - and I do know there is some of that, but she is so disillusioned that it is hard for her to keep banging her head against a brick wall....TT I have been living in hope that the execsie is realsing those much needed endorphins - golly gosh, don't need to hear that that is making me blue...

Have stuck close by today - not feeling desire to drink, but liking the company - glad to see you drop by as needed Cinders, and hopefully your wobbly feelings will pass away soon too...
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Evening all
                        quite the disjointed day, not bad, just couldn't quite get in the groove without having to stop to attend to something else. This greenhouse project is quite the learning process. If I build another, guess I'll read instructions BEFORE advancing... naahh

got a theory of the blues, which seems to be striking, season related?? fall is a very melancholy month for me. any one else get that way? just a theory... hope everyone is feeling better.

Cinders so glad you're back. Missed you over in Subs.

Mick, glad the ants ain't.

be well good friends
                        Sam
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hidy ho ABeroooos!

TTops, thanks for the nice kickstart

Cinders! great to see you and so glad you are AF ol friend

SL, extra hugs for you xxxxxx
                          I've found that I get a much better endorphin effect with interval training than with just cardio. then again I'm a weirdo so ....

speaking of meatballs... I made the most amazingly yummy wild elk meatballs yesterday. I feel amaaaazing when I eat wild game.

Sam, seasonal depression is indeed something to look out for. it's the time of year to take some extra vitamin D3 and make sure to have
                          natural spectrum lights in the house.

well it's been a crazy manic monday but at least it's an unhung monday so tis no biggy. searching high and low for the 'right' house...what an adventure.

be well peeps
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X