wed 30th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wed 30th October

mae all....and how are we today then?all good?excellent....me?..feelin wee bit better today..as for the sitting about yesterday that was never gonna happen...needless to say got my ear bent when madam landed last night..but hey thats life..if I had been sitting watching Kyle,Springer,Judge Judy,or one of those reeeely interesting and intuitive progs the result would have been the same..just the other ear would have been bent!!will do a bit today but nothing mad....ok on we go wiv da show..eyes down look in ...and your first number is......:welldone:

tea and coffee on the table now....

morning Lav..how are you today then?all good I hope hows the tooth today?feeling any better?i had 2 root canal fillings done...was dreading it ..my memories of dentists were as a kid and the metal needles and syringes..which to my kids mind were frightening tools of torture...and then army dentists...which were renowned for there sympathetic and bedside manners!!yet when I went they were painless completely..was bimbling about the charity shops the other day..and there was a complete set of Thomas the tank books at 25p each..immediately thought of you !dont know how much postage would be tho....anyways ..brew time...have a grand day..

hiya pengy...see you nipped in during working hours tut tut!!how are you today /tonight ?all good I hope.

hiya dtd..how are you today then?all good on the Cape?hey jokes were pretty good too..well done and thanks.have a lekker day.

hiya Pauly ...hows you today then?hopefully well ...complete with smile!! think you are right..as we get older the brain starts to get tired too,but we dont recognise that...Its good to have special memories,the make up a large part of our life ..the trouble is when the past takes over the present and we cant move forward....hows that for deep thinking ???:congratulatory:sounds like you had a busy day yesterday...you out shortening hair again today?have a good one..

hiya SL...Hows you today ?feeling any better ?hope so..thanks for your pm..are you getting into any sort of a routine yet?yes ,like you ,,when I decide I want something to happen..Im not the worlds best at waitin..its got to happen now...done ..move on ..next!!..anyways, you have a good day..have you not got a board or finance or management meeting you can give em hell at?

hiya ppqp.brew time.hows you today?sounds like you had one of those nowt to speak about days..cant be bad..hows the gardening project going?

hiya Sam..did you get the insurance sorted out?hopefully so..I hate being on the phone to the likes of them.."for.....please press 1..then when you do that..."if you want... please press 2"so you do that and then "our lines are busy at the moment ....did you know that ......you can do it online blah blah..please hold for our next available operator.....THEN you get "thank you for your call ...goodbye!!!start again time!!anyways have a good day mate...

right folks...lets have a good day..(and night pengy!!)

funny insurance claims

Incidents with Pedestrians.
    The pedestrian ran for the pavement, but I got him.
    The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.
    I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.
    To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struck a pedestrian.
    The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over him.
    The car in front hit the pedestrian but he got up so I hit him again.
    I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.
    A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
    I saw her look at me twice. She appeared to be making slow progress when we met on impact.
    Accidents with other vehicles.
    I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.
    A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face.
    The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention.
    My car was legally parked as it backed into another vehicle.
    When I saw I could not avoid a collision I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car.
    I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought.
    The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.
    I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner, when it was struck by the other car in the same place it had been struck several times before.
    I was unable to stop in time and my car crashed into the other vehicle. The driver and passengers then left immediately for a vacation with injuries.
    The gentleman behind me struck me on the backside. He then went to rest in a bush with just his rear end showing.
    The car in front of me stopped for a yellow light, so I had no choice but to hit him. (She pushed him through the intesection)
    Collisions, calamities, and injuries.
    Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have.
    I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat found that I had a fractured skull.
    I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.
    I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it.
    As I approached an intersection a sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.
    In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.
    I saw two kangaroos having it off in the middle of the road. So I hit them, which caused me to ejaculate through the sunroof.
    I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.
    The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve out of the way when I struck the front end.
    I pulled in to the side of the road because there was smoke coming from under the hood. I realized there was a fire in the engine, so I took my dog and smothered it with a blanket.
    The claimant had collided with a cow. The questions and answers on the claim form were - Q: What warning was given by you? A: Horn. Q: What warning was given by the other party? A: Moo.
    Who is to Blame?
    No one was to blame for the accident but it would never have happened if the other driver had been alert.
    I didn't think the speed limit applied after midnight.
    I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection a hedge sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car.
    The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.
    I was going at about 70 or 80 mph when my girlfriend reached over and grabbed my testicles so I lost control.
    I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident.
    On approach to the traffic lights the car in front suddenly broke.
    The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week.
    Windshield broke. Cause unknown. Probably Voodoo.
    No witnesses would admit having seen the mishap until after it happened.
    I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way.
    The accident happened when the right front door of a car came round the corner without giving a signal.
    I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.
    I left for work this morning at 7am as usual when I collided straight into a bus. The bus was 5 miniutes early.
    An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.
    I knew the dog was possessive about the car but I would not have asked her to drive it if I had thought there was any risk.
    The accident happened because I had one eye on the truck in front, one eye on the pedestrian, and the other on the car behind.
    I started to turn and it was at this point I noticed a camel and an elephant tethered at the verge. This distraction caused me to lose concentration and hit a bollard.

My boss just told me I've won the employee of the month.

I don't even remember buying a raffle ticket, but I hope it's Carol in the office, she's got massive boobs.

I went to visit my Grandad in his nursing home. As I walked into his room I saw a sexy blonde nurse giving him a bath.

"You lucky sod" I called out. "I wish that was me".

"You only have to ask" he joked.

10 seconds later I was scrubbing down his back.

I phoned my girlfriend and said, "What a day! I accidentally threw the dog's ball off a cliff."

"Oh dear," she said. "Did you have to go down and get it?"

I replied, "Nah. I'll not need it again anyway."

Why a man should ever want to marry a woman is a mystery.

Why a man should ever want to marry 2 women is a bigamistery.

I've started a petition to have all call centres based abroad and not in the UK.

I'm p.ssed off with my call being answered by someone who can't speak English.

I got arrested for kicking the sh.t out of some fat geezer last week. It turns out Fat Fighters isn't quite what I thought it was.

Teenagers will be collecting their A-level results today, with pass rates in Maths expected to top 97%. The other 8% Failed

I burst out into the aisle of the plane and yelled, "Does anybody know how to fly one of these things!?"

Everybody stared on in horrified silence...

As the stewardess calmly asked me to sit down and put the kite away.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Nite nite all. Looks like lots of down people at the moment. I will try to talk tomorrow when I can. Falling asleep now.

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

It's the 29th over here today Mick

The swelling in my face has decreased by at least half - thank goodness!
      I had a root canal done a few years ago Mick that was not in the least but nice but I'm going to worry about it today
      I have to go pick up my grandsons after school & bring them here until their mother retrieves them around 8pm.

Mick, my youngest grandson is still intrigued with Thomas & all trains. I'm sure I will be buying a Thomas something or the other for him for Christmas

Greetings TT & everyone!
      Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Hump day!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,i knew you wouldn't be able to sit still for long Mick! i dunno if i have allergies or a cold,it's getting to where i feel sick most of the time,gonna try and get into the doc,i remember last year at this time i had a sinus infection:sad:hope it's not that crap again,i'm thinking it may be mold in my ceiling cuz we had it before and this has been a rainy year,hmm,i wonder,i had to laugh at Sam yesterdayabout the ginkgo,can't remember where you put it haha! had Louie last nite,he was good but i just felt yucky,thank goodness hubs helped by keepng him busy in the garage,iwas just too congested to focus on him much,well hope everyone has a good Wednesdayhello to all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sorry to say still feeling bleh - probably need to have a really good cry, but it is never the right time to let go..
          Bored (board) meeting last night - home around 11pm after a total waste of time...
          Girl #1 school meeting today to try and get school to help her. Not looking forward to that - tried last year, nut got nowhere - have to get stroppy, but that is not me....
          Glad you are feeling a wee bit better Mick. Lav, nice that relief is on its way, but a root canal would not be the way I would want to go - hope it all gets resolved soon.
          Hanging in here, but feeling tight and ready to snap...sorry to keep unloading here, but not sure where else to do it...hopefully I will be in a better place soon
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

How did the school meeting go SL? PM me if you like. I do stroppy quite well so wish I could be there with you. Hope you get some relief from the tooth Lav. I am fortunate to have always had great dentists (i.e. their manner - which makes a difference I think). OK off to work - we have a morning tea today as a colleague is turning 60. We still do that sort of thing - whip round for a present etc.

Comment

SL,don't ever feel like you're dumping anything on us,we talk about life,ups and downs,you guys have listened to my crap and helped whenyou could,and tbh i think just writing it out helps some,don't you?i think you are doing an amazing job with all that's going on,and sometimes we do just need a good cry,but for some reason the tears won't flow(hate that)but feeling pent up isn't good either,all i can offer is a((hug))just try and follow my signature,it's all we can do sometimes
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Meeting done and as useless as I feared - frowns as I was not home to supervise homework after school, why could I not attend after school tutoring with her - she and I got all the blame, and no responsibility from the school. I know it is not all their fault, but could they not meet us some of the way - they kept saying how nice, and respectful she is, not a behavioural problem - and I just know she is being too nice to stick up for herself and get attention. I have a stinking headache now, and even though I was expecting it, I am so disillusioned.
                Thanks for the support Pauly and TT - hopefully this tutoring is going to help out, I just hope we can keep it going. The schedule and the money is going to make life really tough, but it seems that I am not going to get anything from them. They agreed to meet again in January - not sure what they think is going to change....
                FRIG IT!!!!

Comment

MAE ALL....

SL...you pay attention to Pauly, this is exactly where you should be sharing all these feelings. Sorry the school didn't work out better for you but as you say you were expecting it. Maybe with a couple of months of tutoring under her belt January will be a different story. I know it's tough with scheduling and money but it won't last forever. We have places here that offer classes over the summer for kids who are struggling. It's one-on-one and in 2 months amazing things happen. I'm sure you've investigated other options. :heartbeat:

Lav...you didn't by any chance get a pic of your face when you woke up yesterday did you? Sorry to hear about the root canal but glad you're on the mend.

TT...hope you enjoyed your tea.

Pauly...I remember when you got sick last year. Get your butt into the Doc's and feel better soon.

Mick...glad you're feeling better and yeah we all knew the sitting around wasn't going to happen. We're in audit hell at work right now, getting ready for our annual general meeting in November. The accountant's seat is getting a little hot right now, it's very obvious she is only a bookkeeper. I could do a better job but I don't have room for another hat. We're slowly getting the garden put to bed for the winter and making plans for a seating area to be built before the ground freezes.

Well that's all I got for now. Have a restful evening all.....:happy2:PPQP

Comment

here's my progress so far.

IMG_0740.jpg
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

WOW......very impressive. Going to share with the community garden. :thanks:

Glad I checked in before hitting the hay. :happy2:PPQP

Comment

Checking in....been taking the Amoryn for 3 days and already feel so much better. It seems to have also squashed my cravings for sugar and carbs. I am just glad to feel positive and up again.....back to normal. It also, helps with dealing with all my sons issues when I am feeling more relaxed and not so tired.

I've read everyone's updates.....it is great to have a community where one can get support on all life's issues.

Comment

Looks really nice Sam!
                          Took myself and my daughter on a 3 mile run - that got rid of some tension, ran quicker than I have before for some reason:congratulatory:
                          Thanks for all the support - we will get there, just hate struggling so hard.
                          SF - have a bottle of Amoryn in my shopping basket on Amazon - been thinking hard about trying it - Lav has recommend it to me before....maybe time to take the plunge - it is a 6 months of all sorts coming up - divorce should finalize, able to qualify to buy my house, getting girl on track - and actually feeling things without the numbing of alcohol - might must need the boost. Glad it is helping you...

Comment

Working...
                          X