Friday AF 21 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday AF 21 November

MAE everyone – and how are you wintery souls bearing up? I see PPQP was off early yesterday – was that because of the snow? Actually its pretty cold here and its been very windy – I thought I lived in the subtropical Pacific and not the northern Atlantic!

Hope the illnesses don’t hang around too long either. My girl seems better but guess what – she still hs another big exam- the last one is on Tuesday. Talk about this being dra…w….n out. We did all go out for dinner last night with a visiting friend and that was really fun. This lady knows me from some of my ‘ahem’ days – so it was kind of good I think for me to admit that I was often sozzled when we had heart to hearts back then. She knew of course. Good to see how we both have got on with our lives – could never have imagined we would end up as Mums.

How are the gorgeous grannies today – I guess that's Pauly and Lav. Great that you are into an exercise routine Lav as you will have a long winter ahead that's for sure.

Sam – off to market this weekend? Or is it just a fine weather market.

Det – check in please if you can as we worry about you.

And what a wee brilliant lassie SL is to get to 9 months. I liked your acceptance speech – even better than Lorde’s – she won a lot of NZ music awards this week.

Hi there also to SF – and of course to Mick – who no doubt has already redecorated a few dozen kitchens. Or is one enough? I think I know the answer to that.

Have a great sober weekend – I am dashing around and busy so will pop in as I can.

hiya folks ...just a quick pop in..kitchen now rerplastered ,just finished putting the hardwood boarding down on the floor..7.10 am!!!my brother is on his way up ...take the old kitchen units down to his house....and help to dig the canal out at the bottom of the garden ..he has bought a canal barge to do up ,but the moorings are all silted up..so we are going to dig them out...will get some pics pauly..be back on here when I get home but have a great day...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Chilly but sunny here

Mick, sounds like a fun day ahead for you. Watch your back!!!

Nothing super special on my day plan, just heading back to Curves this morning.
      Think I'll stop at the supermarket & pick out a turkey too, LOL

Have a great AF Friday everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

TT...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Nope, no snow issues at the moment. Thursday's are usually quiet at the centre so we do take advantage of it and leave early. Makes up for all the extra overtime work during our busy times. The weather is crazy all over the US, blame it on the Polar Vortex, it's just Alaska checking in on the southern states.

Mick...the reno will be done in no time if you keep this up. Is the kitchen going to be done before you head out on holidays again? I'm sure Julie's glad to see the old units gone. Hope the canal dig goes well without any hitches.

Feeling re-energized after the break yesterday, temp sitting at +5C, going to be a good day. Have a Fantastic AF Friday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

XPost...morning Lav, enjoy your trip to curves.
        Last edited by porqoui; November 21, 2014, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody,day off today and don't have too much planned,last nite Kell was getting ready to leave and her key snapped in half in the ignition! so we had to call up a locksmith friend of ours and pay $70 so Louie and i don't have much spending money todayprobly hit up the 99 cent store,and there's some cute boots i seen in an ad yesterday calling my name,Lav,watch out,turkeys are pricey for some reason this year,what kind do you get?Mick,that's alot of work before 8o'clock,i get alot done early too,i always say on my days off i do more before 9 then most people do all day haha,TT,they must have a good education system in NZ,seems your daughter stays super busy with exams,projects for school,Brady just shows up hahahaha! PPQP,i love hearing"polar vortex"for some reason it sounds kinda cool,glad you feel refreshedo.k i haven't seen Det or SF in a few,miss you two and hope all is well,hello to Sam,whatcha got planned for the weekend?SL,,about time you got some rain,we have a slight chance here,yeah enough to makemy car dirty probly,have a good one,off for more coffee,i'll be back
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all
            yesterday was a balmy 55° out there. Peeked in the greenhouse, lettuce survived the very cold so far. It was 76° in there. So far so good. GOt started on another fence projects. By the time I finish all the fence projects, I'll have to repair the first one I did. Gotta keep the loop going.

TT, thanks for the start of what appears to be a pretty day here. How much more school does your daughter after this year? hope exams are not too exhausting. Yep, got a market to do. Looks like another chilly but sunny day for tomorrow.

hey Mick, soon you'll be done with the kitchen, what will your sites be on next?? Good to have projects!!

Morning Lav, all this time I thought Curves was a grocery store, then I got to wondering how you go to the store every day!

Hello PQ, glad it has warmed up for you. You check out the storm that blanketed Buffalo? I read somewhere a possibility of 8 feet of snow. That is just hard to imagine feeding any kind of livestock!!

Speaking of feeding... that's my cue to get rolling.
            Be well abbers near and far!
            Sam

how do Pauly, x post!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning - TGIF! Will be back later ( have to be honest signed in early to read 'my' thread thank you Mick -,feeling chuffed about the 9 months!) See you later - got to try and pry two teenagers out of bed!
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Haha,that's cute Sam thought curves was a grocery storeactually i DO end up at the store everyday,Louie blows through milk,Brady blows through ramen(bleck)always out of toilet paper,always something

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - How old is Brady?

Comment

Brady is 16 TT,a good 16 thank goodness,i've run into some that are wild as can be

Comment

hiya folks ..a tired me...took over 3 hours to get home!!!bit tired tho..plaster is nearly dry in the kitchen so heating is on...hopefully by Monday..coat of emulsion on to the ceiling and walls..and yes Sam def got other projects lined up ..need some more hours in the day!!
                      heres some pics I took today pauly pic 1 thatched roof on a house in the village where bro lives......2canal at the bottom of bro s garden 3 looking the other way 4 my bro s canal boat20141121_112500.jpg20141121_113018.jpg20141121_113026.jpg20141121_113046.jpg
                      Last edited by Mick; November 21, 2014, 01:26 PM.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I love canals Mick - jealous! Cromford is always on the must do list when I come home.
                        Turkeys are more expensive this year Pauly - I get a ranch turkey - costs more, but is worth it to me as it tastes wonderful and I use it all!
                        Did a big shop this morning - just the little stuff left for next week.
                        Booked an energy efficient consult - man coming to look at windows, water heater, heating etc and let me know what rebates I am able to get....
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Awesome pics MickSL,always good to get rebates,especially getting rid of outdated stuff,bought the boots i wanted but they're not on sale til Sundaybut i got 'em anyways now i'm worried the heel is too tallmight topple over

Comment

Working...
                          X