Saturday AF 22 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday AF 22 November

Greetings one and all – so how are we today? I guess those in the US are recovering from thanksgiving – am I right? How did it go?

Getting late in the afternoon here and I had a lovely few hours out shopping with my daughter – we both needed a break from our studies. I am off overseas in a week’s time and have to get paperwork done before then.

So Mick – I read you message too quickly and thought you said that you had an unused canal at the bottom of your garden – and I couldn’t figure this out. But your great photos illuminated me and after that lightbulb moment I understand. The canal and the boat looks lovely and exciting!.

Pauly – you seem in a good frame of mind these last few days – and glad that Brady does not cause grief. I am really enjoying my teenage daughter’s company at the moment. We all have moods anyway – its not always just a so-called teenage thing (but I know it can be). Not sure if you agree SL – but I know you appreciate the company of your girls a lot. How are you all doing?

You must be glad that its not too polar where you are PPQP but it sounds very cold to me. Whats on the agenda this weekend?

Thanks for asking Sam about the exams – last one is next week and then no school until early Feb. It's the big holiday period although I keep working through much of it. We will have a holiday at Christmas. Hope you are keeping warm.

Well as Mick said we are a small bunch these days. Am I imagining it – but has the overall number of people on MWO dropped a bit since the website changed? I am getting used to the new site and like it.

Big Saturday wave to Lav, Det, SF and all others peeking in. Have a great weekend and keep smiling!!

Hi Treetops!

I was up at 5, bad headache, this is day 3.
    Thanksgiving is next Thursday, by the way.

I have another work week-end ahead which is a bit of a challenge when you work at home. ��

I think there are fewer members around the forum these days, lots of guests though.
    Happy Saturday!
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi Eloise - yes headaches are normal in the early days. We all seem to get up early on this thread. I checked the Thanksgiving date but had my weeks mixed up. Of course its only 22 Nov today.
      Hang on in there and 3 days is great! Keep posting.

Comment

Morning all
        getting ready to step out to market. Will be a cold one this morning but will warm up a bit. Friend loaned me a little propane heater. The hardest part is remembering to pack it!

Hey TT, thanks for the kick off, and probably your day is well under way. Glad you and your daughter have a break from the exam gauntlet.

Morning Eloise, so how's you been? Glad to see you pop in, hope your draw up a chair and stay awhile.

got to get cracking. Be well good friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Saturday to all!

Sunny & chilly here. Can't wait for the heat wave to arrive on Monday, LOL

Thanks for the start up TT!
          I think the old members have found their way back to MWO but it seems like fewer newbies than usual. They will probably flock in after the holidays

Nice to see you Eloise! Hang in there, you know it gets better!

Sam, hope you remembered to pack your portable heater today!
          What are you selling this time of year?
          I am pleased with my winter farm share so far - have to go pick it up this morning.

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a wonderful AF Saturday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,where the hell is Mick?my usualself-pity for having to work on Saturday kicked in this morning,i hope it's busy but not too busy,hi Eloise goood on 3 days,you know you got it in you to stick with it,i've seen youhi Lav,i tried to take that age test you took on fb but the link was taking forever,yes TT,i enjoy my son too(except when his friends are over)it make me sad cuz my drinking started as my girls were headed into their teens,we were still pretty close,except my oldest,ahh regrets,hi to Sam,SF,SL,Det?,PPQP all the readers,our group is small,last nite i was bored so i was reading our old threads and alot more peeps used to post here,wonder where they are?have a good'un peeps
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi all you aint going to belive this but I have just replied to this post and added some jokes and its gone.cant even get it on auto save been really busy today...kitchen gets fitted starting monday..and I am out tomorrows so lots of painting sanding and other wunnerful things..tired now and out early in the morning too..oh well

hiya eloise ..welcome to the madhouse!!!

pauly ..pics pic 1 village where bro lives pic2 lane he lives on

20141121_112725.jpg20141121_112806.jpg

My wife told me that when she took the kids to school there was a crunching noise when she put the car into reverse.

So I put on my overalls, got my tools and re-hung the garage door.

I just sprayed a mosquito with mosquito repellent, now he'll never have any friends.

A new survey has revealed the public trust police officers more when they are on horseback. That stands to reason, it's difficult to plant drugs on a suspect in the saddle.

I went to the library today and asked for a book on manners.

The librarian replied, "We haven't got any, so feck off."

The boss of the company that runs the bus on human excrement has told the news that to ensure more passengers they are removing all the seating and replacing them with stools.

I've just changed over to those new 'low energy' light bulbs.

I'm not saying they are rubbish but I've just turned the light on and its gone darker.

The first bus to run on human excrement has broken down and stopped on it's maiden voyage, due to a fuel issue.

No shit.

I've just tried to check out the bus timetables online for the 'poo powered' bus service in Bristol.

Unfortunately it wouldn't let me 'Log on'

I turned up late for a job interview today worried it would bias me.

But it all turned out good. He still wanted the job.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

OMG TT - as a transplant here, I thought I had Thanksgiving worked out - had a momentary panic taht I had missed it:egad:
                Girls out last night - got through a quiet Friday evening no sweat! They are out again today, cold and rainy here - would have been a perfect excuse in the past, going to cook a warm meal for when they are home as they will be cold, wet and dirty (day at the ranch being taught Western Dressage which is what they compete in). Feeling good today - :yay:
                Got up this morning and ran in the rain, dripping wet but felt as if I achieved something...
                Stay warm out there Sam
                Lav, so glad your farm share is working out.
                Hi Eloise, Mick, Pauly - Det & PPQ, hope you guys are off having fun and behaving welllease:
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

PS - Eloise is not so new - I believe she was referring to a 3 day headache, she is 288 days AF per roll call:eek-new:
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL.....yep but new in our madhouse......
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

The tail end of the cold turned around and smacked me upside the head.
                      Another Neo Citron, couch and book. Will check in tomorrow.

Welcome to the thread Eloise......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Love the pics MickPPQP,what's a neo citron?kinda busy at work but it's still not enough,hubs is all stressin over chrimbo,i told him to shut up cuz if he worries,then i worrymy boots were o.k but i switched into my other pair when it started getting busy,i felt too tall haha,hope everyone has a good rest of the day
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X