Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday November 27

Good morning Abbers & Happy Thanksgiving

Seeing a bit of sunshine this morning, nice!
    There surely will be a lot of mud later but that's OK.

Sam, I am sorry you had to deal with a trip to the liquor store yesterday. I still haven't set foot in one & hope I never have to deal with that. I am sure the memories would come flooding back & mess with me too. So glad you fought off those dreaded drinking thoughts. Enjoy your day, take some time to relax.

Pauly, hope you are OK this morning & the tooth not pestering you too much!

Greetings Mick, wherever you are today!
    Greetings TT, PQ, Det, SL, SF & everyone.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday & holiday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

morning all
    quite the mess out, muddy floors on the main menu for today! Looks like the sun is trying to break through. Cool inside so I need to get a fire going.
    Morning Lav, got lots of family today or do you travel? We are staying put. My wife and used to make a family tradition of going somewhere like Monticello or Mt Vernon or doing a hike in the park for the day. I'd like to resurrect that tradition!
    Hope everyone has a fab fursday!
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae,everybody,just a quick pop in for now to say hi,, and Happy Thanksgiving to those who partake,Lav,the tooth doesn't hurt thank goodness,just the bloated gum area when i push it,took one of the antibiotics yesterday and felt like puking so maybe they are too far gone to use,or that's just a side effect,they usually make my stomach weird,anyways love to you all
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya folks ,...no not forgotten you all ..been really busy today...parting with money.....:sad::sad::sad: also sanding and painting...but just thought Id pop in and wish you all happy thanks giving...have a great day.....sink was supposed to turn up today...nope failed miserably..will be here tomorrow ..allegedly...will see you later folks pics to follow......
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving ABerooooooos!!

thanks for the kickstart Lav.

making a big batch of garlic/bacon/brusslesprouts to take to a friends house where Dx and i will be enjoying the holiday of 'pigging out' and laying around holding one's stomach and groaning. main thing is that I'm super thankful on this day to be AF and happy in spite of the vicissitudes of a time of crazy work and moving house.

shouts to Mick, Pauly, Sam, Sun, PPQ, TTops and whoever else dares to enter the land of cranberry goodness.....

be well
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Happy thanksgiving one and all.
            Pauly - don't take antibiotics that you are not sure about. You could have a serious reaction. Or just feel more sick.
            Sorry you had to go into the liquor store Sam. I have done this a few times since I quit but it's not been a problem fir me. I just hate the smell. I think I have quite a strong sense of smell - and it's heightened even more since I quit. My sense of smell can make eating a problem too if I don't like the smell.
            All well here. Getting ready to fly overseas this weekend. Asia this time.

Comment

Hi all - just checking in as a expat here, but still thankful for my abber friends who keep me motivated!
              Likewise Sam I went to a liquor store and picked up some mini's for the cooking - thought that i was strong, but amazing how the little bottles called to me from the bag in the garage. I still have some wine in there from last years Christmas gift and they do not call to me, but these wee ones did - thought I was clever getting minis, but they were more tempting - oh well, cooked now and no more al in them!
              Sorry about the money parting dear Scottish friend - do understand how that hurts!
              Got up this morning - did a 5k that raises money each Thanksgiving for teh local food bank, made us feel good. Walked in with my youngest (the non runner) - managed it just 7 mins shorter than when I ran the 5K:eek-new:
              Turkey in oven - taking a little break, then up to get the sides going - no one will eat brussel sprouts with me Det, usually cook myself a few, but not this year - do have Yorkshire puddings for the one who won't eat potatoes :happy2:
              Pauly - the antibiotics will not ave gone off, but taking those that are in the cupboard is really not wise, we shouldn't have any left over....hopefully your tooth/gum gets better or it is maybe time to go to emergency dentist..
              See you all later...
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

MAE ALL...and Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating.

Short post as I'm home early from work because of my cold. Cold meds, tea and my book is calling to me.
                The winter snow storm warnings, heavy snowfall warnings and wind warnings are all around Calgary but not in the city....yet! We do have a freezing drizzle advisory though. Precipitation freezing as it hits the ground. All the major highways are advising people to stay off and our roads are deteriorating. They've just issued a snow squall warning for Calgary. Glad I'm home. Will check back in later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good day and ever so grateful...
                  Got in another walk after a good meal - did not over eat, drank my sparking pomegranate juice in a nice glass with no regrets.
                  Heading to the foothills tomorrow for a lovely day off - then the rain comes in, so will get errands/homework and everything else done this weekend.
                  Happy and content here this evening. Hope everyone else is well..
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                  X