Monday AF 8 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday AF 8 December

Well look who blew in from the cold. I am in Taiwan - about to leave and on my way home. Have been doing conference things and also some sight-seeing (but not too much). Once you stop posting for a while its hard to catch up. I hope everyone is doing well- will try to catch up when I can. Internet was a bit dodgy in the hotels I was in - always frustrating. No temptation to drink - although a few old acquaintances were surprised that I was sober. I wish I had taken a photo of the look on their faces when they found out about my new way of life. So expect more of moi again - I see its very cold and snowy for many of you. Its been cold here - not snowing of course but wet. We had one sunny day. Home and back to work and also the Christmas doings - I hope its warmer there.:happy2:

morn all..and how are we today then?all good ...good weekend?..mine wasnt too bad ..up till last night ..when Julie told me that the washer had broken...think its time to dig up a bit more of the money tree..keeps comig up with f05..which means fault on programme 5 ...what happened to the days when it was mechanical and you could change bits and it wasnt all down to a circuit boards?put my first shelf up last night..it is an oak board that is a good few years old..and has warped..now the chance is either sand and plane it all out ..or leave it as a board with the warp in it...looks more quirky but who knows what the great and good will say when she gets home?
    brew time ..here we go then..

firstly good morning to the time traveller....glad things are all good with you ..so hows Taiwan?any pics?what have you been up to then so many questions...you need to let us know.....

hiya Det ....how are you mate ?glad you are getting setltled in..lot easier without the booze isnt it ..good on you....

hiya Sam..how are you doing mate?hows the herd doing?your post reminded me of the old joke ...young bull and old bull standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows .."Quick ,says the young bull,lets run down and mate with one of the cows..""Nay says the old bull,lets walk down and mate them all!!"its snowing heavily here,but its not lying properly ..yet

hiya SL how are thing with you today?despite not getting your lie in yesterday...but hey youre better off talking to us anyway!!yes thats a drystone dyke..theres loads of them here..I took that pic in a place called Denshaw..looks very similar to Glossop in Derbyshire..

mornin Lav ..did you get your lots to do done?big brew time ,so here you go...

hiya ppqp ..how are you today?all good?and you pauly ..what are you up to?

Right ho folks time to..see you inabit..have a good one.....

How did the farmer find the sheep in the tall grass?

Satisfying.

Wyoming. Where the men are men.....and so are the women.

The internet: The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Where to dogs who lost their tails go?

To a retail store.

What did the fish say when he hit the wall?

damn.

What's the difference between a snow-man and a snow-woman
    Snowballs

Women say they like tall men.

But I'm probably at least 6'4 in these stilettos and not a single girl in this bar has approached me yet.

Why does a woman put her hand on her chin while she's thinking?

To keep herself from interrupting.

I'm not saying my girlfriend's fat but she wants a trolley dash for Christmas.

In McDonald's.

My wife sobbed uncontrollably as the firemen put the blaze out in our kitchen.

"Never mind love, think of the positives, " I said.

"Like what? " She cried.

"Well, at least my f.cking tea will be cooked properly for a change, "I replied.

"Don't go looking on top of the wardrobe when we are out it will spoil your Christmas," my parents said to me earlier.

here we go, not dust and an old suitcase again.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning TT and Mick....

Been without internet all weekend so have some catching up to do.
      Managed a visit with my Dad on Saturday. Mild temps this weekend and we're heading into a chinook for the first part of the week.
      Will have a read through the posts and check back later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all
        Yesterday during my bull adventure I missed a great chance for a photo. I was standing in the creek keeping the bull from crossing back and my neighbor, who is a 90 year very shrunken man, had a bucket of feed. He was holding it and his huge bull was eating with its head in the bucket. By the time I dug my phone out, turned it on, the moment was gone.
        TT, I figured you were a traveller these days, you probably mentioned you were off and about but I can't remember. I, too, hope you have some pics you might want to share.
        Mick, new washer eh? well at least you're over your flu!(I hope anyway) We need to do a serious remodel here as well. We don't have boo for counter space. I show the wife your project. That was her first comment "look at all the counter space". We have lots of issues with other stuff in here as well. Biggest issue is $$$$! I got a few female friends I'm sending the women thinking joke, namely my wife!

Off to work, looks like a dreary chilly day. Be well good friends
        Sam

PQ, xpost, how are you this morning? have a good one!
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

A dreary & chilly Monday morning it is!!!! Big rain predicted for tonight & tomorrow - at least I hope it's just rain!

Great to see you TT!
          Wishing you a safe flight home!

Mick, sorry to hear about your washer - geez! Nothing seems to hold up very long anymore. My son just told me the dishwasher he bought less than 3 years ago is on the disabled list. He ordered up some electronic component online that is supposed to fix the problem. I wouldn't have a problem with a wavy shelf as long as it still holds stuff. It could end up being your focal point in the kitchen, LOL

PQ, good to see you. Enjoy the mild weather while you can

Sam, you old bull wrangler, Ha Ha!!!
          I can't even imagine having to deal with a wandering neighbor like that! I have seen the occasional loose cow & goat around here & even witnessed a saddled horse trot by once with no rider but no bulls! You are a brave one!

Det, happy unpacking & organizing! Glad you are OK.
          Greetings to SL, Pauly, SF & everyone.
          I'm off to Curves then back for some work, just the usual. Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,must google trolly dash,Mick the snow pics yesterday looked cozyhi TT,have a safe trip home,i haven't got much to say,just hi to all
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

So agree about stuff not lasting these days - my pressure cooker is about to give up, and I started with my grandmothers - it had to be at least 40 years old when I went to am electric one, and this one is a mere three years! And my 4 year old fridge is making strange noises that I am trying hard to turn a blind ear to!!
              That would have been a great photo Sam!
              Love drystone dykes Mick - the farmer my parents live beside repairs them - a dying art.
              Good to hear from you TT.
              We have had lots of rain, and the forecast is predicting a big storm coming in Wed night - our drought will be over in a couple weeks at this rate:eek-new:
              Ok - back to work....
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

MAE ALL....

Still haven't had a chance to read back, work was actually busy today.

TT...good to see you survived the conferences. Safe travels home.

Mick...can hardly wait to see the oak board. Hope Julie agrees to keep the warp. Sorry to hear about the washer and I agree why can't they just leaves things alone!

Sam...that would have been a great photo. I've stood in the creek stopping the cows (thank god) from doubling back. Bulls and I never got along. Saw this video and thought of you right away. The link goes to facebook so I hope it works for you. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1015387738486926

Lav...hope your day was good. We are really lucky to get a lot of sun during the winter. Going up to +10C tomorrow. :yay: Your description reminded me of British Columbia. Lots of family over there.

Pauly...hi to you too!

SL...I like it...blind ear Hope the storm is not as bad as predicted.

There's the timer so must off and get "tea" on the table. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:

Comment

Working...
                X