Wednesday AF 10 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday AF 10 December

Hi there folks – it Wednesday night here and I am back in my usual timezone – although not quite settled yet so tired and a bit grouchy.

First, really sorry to read what you have gone through Pauly. Suicide is terrible – no matter the age – but its really tragic when it's a young person. Its always so tough for those who have to deal with this and there are a range of intense emotions, blame, anger and grief. Then we often think of what we could have done but the thing is, that you will never know and its so complex. Maybe a few words might have changed things but that's unlikely, and for how long – who knows? Young people, often are very impulsive – we know this. Whatever Pauly you must not blame yourself. As others said, drinking won’t help you deal with this – the pain remains, the issues to be addressed remain. And Brady needs you more than ever. Its horrible that all the other tragedies came at once. Grieve Pauly, talk to people if you can, listen to Brady – or just be there for when he connects. But please try not to drink anymore. Its hard because your job demands a smile so you will just have to be superficial at the moment.

Mick – I also have to get a new washing machine. This has been needed for the past few months – and we have got by with stopping and starting it – but its kaput time. I just have to get the time and energy to check out the machines and also decide if I want a new dryer as well. There are limitations because of space but I want a separate dryer and washer – not a combo.

SL – that's so cool about the voucher your team gave you – and how thoughtful. Its sort of a wee bit scary – because now everyone knows you are definitely sober (and that implies no slip-ups but we won’t will we) but it also shows that they respect you and are behind you. I was given a free bottle of wine at duty free yesterday (when I bought lots of chocolate and perfume) and I kept it, as its always a gift for someone else or there to offer if we ever have guests. It doesn’t bother me. The chocolate does though!:eek-new:

Christmas tree is up – family did it while I was away. I managed to get some gifts on my travels but I have a few more to collect.

I still have to catch up on what you all have been up to – but big hello also to Lav, PPQP, Sam, Det, SF, and all others.

Better get this posted before Mick beats me to it.
Working...
X