Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fryday 12th

Morning all!
    very bleak looking out this morning, got the wood stove cranking, cup of tea and enjoying waking up. Got someone coming to give a price to line chimney over at the big house. We'll see. I swear, can you learn an old cat new tricks? We have a 21 year cat that just now waltzed down hear here and peed on the floor. Our house is beginning to smell like a nursing home. I caught red handed this morning, put her face in it and took her outside (not for long, too cold). So another exciting day begins! Worked on the water gap between my bullish neighbor and myself yesterday. Seems that's where the bull like to shoot the gap, so to speak. Started cleaning up the old fence in that area.

Hope everyone is doing fine. The new year will be upon before we know it. Glad to be sober to enjoy it!
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

ye gods ..its afternoon..and not a pot washed!!just checked butr no one has started the post yet..be like buses this job...all at once!!been up since 7 am this morning..took me about 3 hours to cut 4 pieces of wood ..its the right anles on the skirting boards ..couldnt get my mind in gear cutting them right..the fitted and painted them..job done...then madam was trying to figure out where to put pots n pans when she has cooked something,as obviously it would mark the work tops..then that all light enhancing idea....got some slate roof tiles,cleaned and polished them and attach ed thick felt feet to them..nother job done!!main jobs now are painting and tiling...right brew time ..anyone there?

hiya Lav....kid watch till Sunday???heres a BUCKET of coffee!!what have you done to deserve that?its only 30 odd hours :sad:ta muchly ..will watch the mail..went on to the Only Lancaster site this morning..when you read that the general consensus is people like seeing the buggies...hey enjoy the rest of the day!!

hiya ppqp...hows you today then?ok I hope how did the meeting go about the gardens?nope def not doing the tiling before christmas ..might have a wee practice tho!!me too l love flanelette sheets..as a kid we had them...but sometimes they had holes in them ..and your toe got stuck :yay:

hiya pauly hows you today then?better?Lavs right ..you cant change the past ..either yours or anyone elses...so live for the present and look forward to the future..yep is sound keeping rabbits either inside or out..its mixing the 2 that does them as their temperatures change..at this mo,the big brown un ..(sandy)is just practicing her mean rabbit punch..hmm wonder why??stew perhaps??

oh hello SL....how are you?ok I hope ..the rabbits say hi too!!:boxing:sounds like you had it pretty bad there....our garden was waterlogged ..big deal...except for the fact its half way up a hill!!you sorted for chrimbo...?

hiya tt..how are you this evening?all well now that you are back home?

hiya Sam..you out doing shroomin ..veyin or marketing things today?

right folks get this posted before someone jumps in!!c yawl later.

beaten!!! his Sam..hows the nursin home doing??sounds like a fun packed day matey!!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Happy Friday to all. No sun but no snow either so I guess that's acceptable

Sam, I have been around some of the worst smells created by humans but none of them compare to the smell of cat pee. That is just the pits:sad:
      Do you think the cat is getting confused/senile? I imagine anything can happen with them, just like humans when their carotids clog up. Good luck with that & your bullish neighbor!

Mick, I have a lot of storage in my kitchen for pots & pans but it always seems like I could use more. I got rid of a lot of older stuff I wasn't using & that helped. I'm gearing up for the 4 pm invasion which means I have to stop at the market on the way home from Curves. My former neighbors kindly invited us to bring the kids over tomorrow to see their huge train set up. The little one will lose his mind when he sees the Thomas trains

Greetings to everyone & wishing a fabulous AF day for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

jokes....

I always say good morning to this old tramp I see on the park bench. As I was with my dog one morning I saw he was carrying his black bags.

"Good morning , " I said, "not seen you moving before. "

"No, " he replied, "today is my sixty fifth birthday and I have finally got some sheltered accommodation. "

"Wow, that's great, where are you moving to? " I asked,

"see that bench with the shelter around it over there...."

I was at dinner and I was asked if I would pass the sweetcorn,

"Yes, " I said, "probably in my next poo "

VEGETARIANS. Robert Plant makes an ideal alternative to Meat Loaf.

The bad news is that it looks like I'm going to spend Christmas in prison.

The good news is the Christmas party will be just like an episode of Top of the Pops 2, Thanks to Operation Yewtree.

think about it....

New series on Sky about midgets in suits of armour.

Weeknights at 9pm.

Antiques.

They don't make 'em like they used to.

The world snooker championship for the colour blind starts in Sheffield today.

The organizers have said the event could take up to two years to complete.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Lav
          had a cat pee in my fiddle case one night. Mental image of kitten mittens appeared
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi there - just to scare you all - I have started the Saturday thread. And its sunny here - still polar temperatures but at least there are some bright blue rays. Hope you all are warm and try not to breathe too much with the cat pee, Sam - ghastly smell. Burn some incense!

Comment

Hi - spent morning doing career day at my youngest middle school - some right brats there, but some really neat kids too.
              Hi to the rabbits Mick - they are safe, don't like rabbit stew! Nope, not ready yet..for what anyhow? oh, yeah - that right (still ignoring it)
              Cat pee is the pits Sam - one of the cats started peeing on the couch, and the other two joined in - I think I have stopped that now, and got rid of most of the smell - but every so often up it comes again - one day when I am rich, I will buy new chairs/couches - I am sensitive to smells and really hate the idea that my home may stink! Cat mittens sounds good.
              Hi TT - almost looked into tomorrow, but not ready for it yet, so will save as a treat!
              Hi Lav - hope you are resting up for everything that is coming!!! Wonder who will survive the best - you or the kiddo's? I know where my bets are!
              Rain seems to have passed - here anyway until next week - we got off pretty lightly. May get out and pull up the tomatoes - picked again last weekend, but they are bursting now so think they are done.
              Howdy Det, PPQ and Pauly - work calls - see you later
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

No sooner did I post send than the rain started again!
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...thanks for kicking us off this morning. 21 years old, I know some seniors who have done the same thing. LOL Kitten mittens. LOL

Mick...I had the same set of sheets. They must have been on sale. LOL You have been a busy boy. Remember, no tiling till after Xmas.

Lav...you must be well into the intrusion now. The kids are going to get a kick out of the train at the neighbours.

TT...we can always tell when you're home jumping into our future.

SL...LOL...reminds me of my cold. Every time I said I think it's over, Wham back with a fury. Hope the rain lets up soon.

Had a pissy day today. Underling staff member pissed me off. No biggy but it reminded me of Pauly, just couldn't shake off the mood. Speaking of Pauly...hope you had a good day. Mindset not into cooking so popping a frozen pizza in the oven. Our Chinook has left us, rain, freezing rain then snow for tomorrow. Don't think it'll amount to anything but will make my Dad visit an indoor one. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile: PPQP

Comment

KITTEN MITTENS ~ nice Sam, LOL

Well, it took me until 10 pm but both kids are finally tucked in & asleep. Now on to day two!!!!
                    They have requested pancakes & bacon for breakfast.......MiMom's diner now?? Ha Ha!

Greetings everyone & I hope the rain, snow & freezing temps aren't too bad this weekend SL & PQ!

Have a peaceful night everyone.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X