Saturday AF 13 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday AF 13 December

MAE everyone - starting this bus service early today:thumbsup: as I never seem to get around to doing my shift at the end of the day. New washing machine has arrived and it works well (we didn't have a blockage - partner had tried to fix the machine about 20 times) but we do need to call a plumber out to fix a tap - something that we can't do ourselves. Plus an electrician to fix something else - so on it goes in this merry-go-round of working and keeping the local economy going. Its quite a saga to get tradies to our place - not because we are weird or anything - just cos of where we live. And I still haven't got the hall curtains up -this requires patience and lots of careful ironing and getting a tricky sewing machine to do its business! I have to adjust them and as Lav knows, things have to be neat and right.
    So thats my excitement - hang on, there is more, I have to to to the shops today and drop daughter at archery. She wants a bow for Christmas - it won't get here in time, as it has to be ordered from the UK. Tough living on this iceberg!

Interesting Mick about 'Happy Valley' - I take it you don't quite live in the same area as the series was set in - but it must be in the general area. I tried to watch an episode of another series last night called 'Fargo' - didn't like it. Too much gore for my taste. And guess what - its filmed in Calgary (PPQP's area!:congratulatory in the midst of winter - although of course its set in Minnesota. I guess I will be watching soon a series set in vegas or Virginia! Actually don't worry Pauly and Sam, I have my eyes on a new Danish series called the Legacy - thats supposed to be very good.

Haven't yet got around to watching the TV series about a grannie who dreads binge child-minding!! Take care there Lav.

What are everyone's plans for Christmas? as i have said its annual holidays here.We are heading off to see my sister and other family members and then a holiday by the beach (so I hope we don't play dysfunctional families!). Trying to plan in advance to avert such horribleness.

Hi there SL as well - you must be busy at the moment - and all others. I will try to pop in later. Be good, sober and sane. Eeeekk - the sun is out - how very weird!:eek-new:
    Last edited by treetops; December 12, 2014, 12:59 PM.

Where was BBC drama Happy Valley filmed?
    The famous Yorkshire moors and rolling Pennine hills of the Calder Valley act as a back drop to the series, with the filming in Yorkshire also taking place in and around some of the historic mill towns and villages including:
    Huddersfield
    Halifax
    Todmorden
    Luddenden
    Mytholmroyd
    Bradford
    Keighley
    Sowerby Bridge
    Hebden Bridge
    Heptonstall
    One of the key filming locations for the series was the police station. Prior to filming, one of the main challenges was to source a police station that would allow access to a film crew. Creative England was able to come up with the goods via its relationship with West Yorkshire police to enable the production to film at one of its former police station.
    North Light Film Studios at Brookes Mill, Huddersfield, which featured in Creative England's studio book, also served a s a major asset for the series.
    Creative England's Film Friendly Partnership members in Calderdale also played a key role in providing support with vital filming permissions and local knowledge for stunt scenes. Additional support was also provided by our Film Friendly Partnership members in Kirklees and Bradford.

the furthest one away from me is Bradford at 27 miles..the nearest is 11 miles away..know most of these places really well
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning all
      a quick check in before leaving for market. Next weekend is the last till April. Looking forward to a small break, though the colder temps suit me better, as long as there's no precip.

TT, thanks for the early kick off. No special plans for the holidays, I'm hoping that it is quite low key.

hello Mick, how goes the kitchen? getting there? It is quite the process.

be well dear friends, playing at a coffee shop tonight so probably check in late
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

morning all..how are peeps today then?guess what ..been roped into going shopping..now that the kitchen is well on the way ..its time for new dishes etc..so it needs my expert eye to look at the new ones..jeez!!and everyone in the wureld is xmas shopping ..well apart from me that is!!can see how this expedition is gonna go ..do you like this one?no..why not..that ones nicer ...well I like this one..so thell me again ..why am I here??oh well cest la vie!!!
        glad the kid watching went ok Lav....Thomas the tank time..yeeeees
        ppqp...hmm not sure about the tiling...as far as the other person peeing you off..done dusted..its the weekend now so enjoy it ...sod them!!!

hi Sam..kitchen up to speed ..thankfully..its just wee bits n bats to do..just took a load of pics..so will put them up after

hiya pauly how are you today ok I hope

SL...hows you then..picking tomatoes??wow..any going spare?luv em...but sends my pottassium levels off the scale!!!

right folks need to go and get my glad rags on ..speak later
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,rained hard here yesterday! was at the docs and as i was leaving it started pouring,he gave me antabuse,which i should heve asked for a loooong time ago,i haven't been doing good on the albeen a stupid ass,i've got to put on my boxing gloves and fight,it's just hard once i've started,too much on my mind,hating Christmas,bleh,sorry to be such a nuisance
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I am starting to be one of those people i want to punch on here,who keep relapsing

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Kitchen looks great Mick

Comment

wow no one else been in!!here we go ..thats it ..kitchen finished less the tiling and painting so here you are..end result..had a brill idea ...couldnt get any thing to stand pots n pans on when they are hot..had some ol roof slates..so turned some little oak blocks ,self ahesive felt pads on them and glued them to the tile,,that way theres enough clearance to dissipate the heat and also stop the work surface getting marked.20141211_095128.jpg 20141211_095149.jpg20141211_095159 (2).jpg20141213_100103.jpg20141213_161221.jpg

Comment

no more after this lot!! 20141213_161305.jpg20141213_161320.jpg20141213_161333.jpg20141213_161349.jpg

Comment

Greetings Abbers!

Should be fixing dinner but.......
                    I've been busy keeping two stinkers alive & well until their parents reclaim them by 10 tomorrow morning. So far so good
                    We did go visit our old friends with the fabulous train setup in thier basement. THEY HAD THOMAS
                    What more can I say?

Mick, doing good work on your kitchen

Sam, the weather wasn't too bad today, lots of clouds, no rain. Hope your last day was a good one & have fun tonight!

Pauly, starting Antabuse is a big step & a big commitment!
                    Be sure you understand all of the potential side effects & what to avoid to stay well. There are threads around here on the topic & plenty of info on teh internet. Stay well!

TT, I'd love to help you with your curtains. Good luck

Hello to SL, Det, PQ & everyone!
                    Back to stinky boy watching!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Skinky boys! Hope you both survive!
                      No freezing temps here - woke to lots of fog today - went for my walk at the ranch, hoping to see snow in the distance, but I could only just could see the tail of the dog at the end of the leash! Managed my 5 miles, and my hair looks like a poodle now!
                      Off to get girls hair cut.
                      Pauly - I thought about ab many times, but it scared me - good luck.
                      Love the kitchen - looking forward to getting mine done next year
                      Sam - little sad no more market, but maybe a little rest for you?
                      TT - hi, hope all is good.
                      PPQ - hope it was a good visit with your father.
                      off to run more errands - see you later
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL,it scares me tooi am scared cuz i already think i have liver probs,goodness,i am not a quitter! juzt too much piled up at once,grr,hate it

Comment

Ahoy Hoy ABerooos!

nice to see your shining faces

Pauly, good on ya mate for antabuse. I found it really helped me in more ways that one. it really simply took AL off the table as an option so
                          that I could calm down and just get on having a good life. I'm quite sure that a night of drinking would harm your liver way more than taking it.

still have our washing machine in the hallway (long story) but otherwise moving in/unpacking is trundling right along.
                          sure grateful to be facing adversity sober I tell ya!

had a great time getting poked at fencing today and worked up a mighty sweat.

great weekend Mick, Lav, SL, TTops, Pauly, Sam and anyone that pops in.

be well loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X