Wednesday AF 24 December Christmas Eve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday AF 24 December Christmas Eve

Wednesday and I am a way from home in a motel with the family. we drove a long way yesterday and it was hot- but I ain’t complaining about the heat. Should be hot today too – we are off to a family gathering so wish me luck as I think you know how I feel about these events. Its at a resort and we are not paying so not too stressful.

Glad that your mood has lifted Mick. Let’s hope that Amy gets a job.

Yes, Lav and Sam – very very sad about Joe Cocker. 70 seems young to be dying to me these days. I like his music/voice although it is music I associate with some hard living – in my own life. At one stage I thought it was cool to drink whisky and listen to such music late at night – sometimes alone as well, so you get the picture. Not pretty. :sad:

That's so sad about your chicken Lav.

Sam – I don’t like taking my partner with me when shopping and in fact I don’t understand why many couples try to shop together. Usually the men look really impatient and its just not their thing. Some of course enjoy it. (and Mick I am not talking about shopping at Oxfam!). Hope you arm is OK.

Hope you didn’t fall asleep on your feet – Pauly! :exclaim:Those sleep fairies need to spread their wings around a bit more.

Maybe you should ask for eau de turkey for Christmas PPQP! Hope you enjoyed the day.

SL – Dr Gupta and his ilk don’t understand why many people drink! There has been so much debate in the news here about AL – because our govt has brought in tougher AL guidelines re drink/driving – for some it's the decline of ‘civilisation’. Talk here about banning the link between sports advertising and AL – and many say it will be the end of junior sports??? :eek-new:That's because the liquor industry is one of the main sources of funding. But we have been told that NZ is the nation of sports lovers and doers – par excellence. Guess I didn't realise that it was the AL industry all along that was responsible for this success. Sure is some warped logic that folk bring out when anything AL related is under threat.

How are you doing Det?

OK – you all try and minimise the stress on 24 Dec and remember that the sober fairy is flapping her wings around you – and clapping at your strength. Hells, that’s bad prose.
    Cheery bye and Merry Chrsitmas Eve.

twas the night before christmas.......hiya folks....how are we all today then? good I hope...yep you can see xmas has started..put the telly on earlier...and look a brand new fillum...."Gone with the wind"!!well are we all ready for the old geezer in the red suit coming down the chimney?..said Id make a meal tonight.....beans and sausage with a sprig of holly wont wash!!

right on we go then festive tea n coffee on the go....no additives....!!!

hiya tt ...well you will be into it already ..so hope your chrimbo day is going ok.....and the sober fairy is flapping her wings,as sobriety for you in its glory sings!!!shopping at oxfam????too dear!!a lot of charity shops are using tinternet to get rough price guides..but must be honest ..dont do too bad out of them!!

morning Lav.....houseful yet?sorry to hear about your chicken....yes I get the "food chain" and feeding in life...but there are some animals/birds that kill not necessarily for eating....hope you get some time to yourself over the period just to recharge your batteries..start with this xmas brew!!

hiya pauly....how are you ..glad you are dealing with things...just remember ..you are stronger than the booze urge...so give yourself a great chrissy present....sobriety...to be renewed annually...have a great time.....

hiya ppqp...thats it then ...the break for xmas ....you planning on anything?memory box??like you ..yes I prefer turkey....

hiya Sam..well any returns to go back to the shop?:congratulatory:the sales started here yesterday...the january sales are a thing of the past here.....you got any shindigs on over chrimbo?

hiya SL...hows you today then?all good ?turkey picked up and ready for the oven?xmas sorted?thanx for your consideration hope you all have a great time...

right folks..time to go...still got a bit to do...so all there is now is to wish you all the very best for the season,and have a great time ..eat drink and be merry..diet will follow later!!!!
    big shout to everyone looking at the thread...a merry xmas to you all....
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning Abbers & happy Christmas eve!

Pouring buckets out there today & temps heading to 63 degrees - no chance of snow I guess, LOL

Merry Christmas to you TT! I hope you are enjoying a peaceful day with your family

Mick, I just wish the guys in my family would help me figure out how to put a covering over the chicken yard. I know it's something they can do, they're just not interested. Not going to worry about it today. The whole gang will be here for a 4 pm dinner & gift exchange. I will spend the day in the kitchen as usual.

Wishing everyone a peaceful AF Christmas eve. Enjoy the family if you are gathering, enjoy the food & the gifts. Just don't open the door for AL

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, sleep fairy passed by again,little birch! I think I'm just too excited for Chrimbo just like a little kid a giant Starbucks yet again today to get me through the day,yesterday I wanted to take a nap as soon as I got off but of course had to get Louie,we made cookies and banana bread went to bed early but couldn't doze finally did but woke at 2:30!which six cuz I like Christmas eve better than Christmas day,I don't wanna be all groggy,boo boo,anyways, Merry Christmas to all of my peeps here,I love you all and appreciate you all being such great supportive friends
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

how do all?!
          got my red suit all polished. Always think of Arlo Guthrie's song:
          "Santa Clause has a red suit
          He's a communist
          Long hair and a beard
          Must be a pacifist...."

hoping everyone has a wonderful couple of days to enjoy the warmth of giving a friendly hello to anybody.

Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi all! Yes, no faith in Gupta - it was more the change in my attitude that was revealing to me!
            Going to brine the bird today, and pick up raviolis from a local Italian deli for tonight! Need you Sam - can you do the stocking thing tonight in your red suit???
            As ready here as we will ever be. Wishing you luck TT, and some joy in your Christmas even though it is not what you would prefer!
            Thanks for reminder Sam - took girls grocery shopping last night, and it was lovely as everyone was so friendly! Will pass out smiles today.
            Happy Christmas and Christmas Eve all - I am sure I will check in later to keep tabs on the sobriety fairy
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for the early kick start. Hope you're surviving the family get together.

Mick...no plans on my break. Take it as it comes. Remember in the early days my mind just kept racing and you suggested I put all those thoughts in boxes and bring them out later. Now it's time for a new box. A new memories box. If I'm having beans I'd like them on toast please.

Lav...hope you enjoyed your dinner and gift exchange. It's great to have a full house at Christmas.

Pauly...you can always sleep later, baking with Louie won't be around for ever. Hope you're enjoying your day.

Sam...hope you're having a wonderful day.

SL...Ravioli sounds good for dinner tonight. Sounds like you're ready for the big day. Enjoy.

Merry Christmas to all and to all who haven't stopped in yet. Hope the holidays bring you peace .......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Christmas Eve, Everybody! Expecting family soon for afternoon gift exchange. They haven't been on time (or even close), in the last decade or two, so I'm not exactly waiting by the door. I'm actually sampling the food, and it's very good!

Pie

Comment

Deli ran out of raviolis - note to self, get before Christmas eve - no stress though, will just do something else - last years tradition must have been a one off instead of a tradition:eek-new::congratulatory:
                  Hi Pie and PP xx

Comment

Found a wonderful recipe for warm spiced apple cider (af) - it s delicious!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X