• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Saturday December 27

What? No thread started yet??

OK then, here it is
    Good morning Abbers!
    How is everyone today & what's on your game plan? I'm heading out to pick up my weekend box of veggies from the farmer. After that I have no idea what I am doing. Will see what happens

Have a great AF Saturday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

mae all....only 363 days till chrimbo!!!how are you all well snow has stopped...not thawed,and more expected this aft...spent this morning digging the cars out..amy has got to get back to Sheffield and the roads aint that great!!still in full belly mode ...eek..get back into some sort of diet fitness routine soon!!

pie ..welcome to you...stick with us...hope youre mad ..cos if not you will be as time goes on!!

hiya ppqp..hows things today then....better I hope

Sl...hiya ..oh yes he will defo be out in the gritter in this lot..snake pass ...dont know if you remember it...both that and the woodhead passes are closed

hiya Sam...all the best to you mate..you strummin any toons today same as ....just saw youve started a fred...Iwas going to ..but thought Id check foist!!glad your fence paintin s done

Pauly you want some snow...plenty here for you!!

hiya Lav.....hope all is well,,,house full today again ,,,was going to put a question mark there,,,but the key is stuck on me puter.....a fixing job to do!! go get the veggies!!

still no Det.......where are you mate....

this is all done from memory ...so apologies for any that I have not answered!!

have a great day..was supposed to be early doors tomorrow....but i doubt it

Some presents at Christmas time are small, yet they will truly stay with you forever.

Like fcking wrapping paper glitter.

We had the enemy surrounded and they had no ammunition. All of a sudden they started throwing sugar and strawberries at us.

I think they were hoping to jam our weapons.

", when are you going to fix the radiator in my bedroom? I still can't turn it off and it's too hot. When I have my friends over, we always end up taking all our clothes off" said my wife.

"I thought I'd sorted that problem out a month ago?" I replied.

"No ", she said, "the CCTV you installed has made no difference"

Egypt has banned the film 'Exodus' because of historical inaccuracies. I must confess I was a bit dubious about a couple of scenes: the one in which Moses crossed the Red Sea in a Hovercraft and later when he met Elvis in Memphis.

My Russian cousin Vlad came over on Christmas Day.

I offered him the job of carving up turkey,

But he was too busy annexing Ukraine.

My Russian cousin Vlad came over on Christmas Day.

I offered him the job of carving up turkey,

But he was too busy annexing Ukraine.

"Do you wanna build a snowman?"

Asked Daniella Westbrook taking in a new delivery from her dealer.

A dog called Buddy has been credited with saving the life of its owner after nudging him and alerting him to a fire inside his California home.

Buddy was very brave about it all, and casually went outside afterwards to finish his spliff.

I hate it when it snows.

It makes my neighbours gardens look as good as mine.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi there, well we got a double phred going here so let's do the do on this one!
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam and Lav started threads at the exact same time! Great minds think alikeMick,I was gonna ask if Amy had come down for Christmas now we know, I hope youhad a good visit,what did she get? Loved the snow pics,it's cute in the one the little snowman dec looks like he's posing for you,my house is still a wreck,Louie wants to play with everything he got so there's toys all over, hafta work today and feel like crying, boo-hoo! Hello to Sam,PPQP,SL,SF,Det( check in!)and Pie,I'm happy you're posting here again think I'll treat myself to a 6 dollar Starbucks(even though I could buy a full can of foldgers for that price!)just to ease my Saturday pain hope everyone has a nice day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE all! I bought a wee home recently, a true fixer-upper by anyone's standards. Major things have been accomplished, (part of what's kept me from the threads), and much left to go. What's left though, are projects that bring out the procrastinator in me. Laying on a second coat of trim paint for example.

I do have an eye to add crown moulding in one room; even bought a chop saw to make it easier. Really unsure of my ability to make the right cuts though, so will spend some time today locating YouTube how-to videos that might help me. Any advice?

Lav and Sam, I was amazed to see you both started threads at the same minute! Mick, sounds like a day to wait for the roads to clear, and perhaps ponder 2015 resolutions. Pauly, enjoy your Starbucks splurge!

Best not to be drinking with this bad boy in the house, eh?
          Attached Files

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...glad to hear you're feeling rested and satisfied. Managed to get two good night sleeps in so I am feeling rested as well. Satisfied is for a different forum! LOL

Lav...morning to you too. Will you get farm veggies all winter?

Mick...safe travels to Amy. Things are pretty good today. My son decided he wanted to see a Dr. about the anxiety issues and we just got back. Even making the decision to do something about it made him feel better. He's on a low dose anti anxiety med (one I'm familiar with) so hopefully he'll be able to get some sleep. He's decided to come with me for my Dad visit this morning so am looking forward to that.

Pauly...enjoy your Starbucks, a present to yourself.

Pie...you be careful with that saw, we don't want to hear any "Mick" stories. I believe my issue was SAD, I have been through it before. This go around was harder as it affected me more with the state my son is in. I do believe in Vit D just have been lazy about taking it. Not anymore though. Enjoy your projects.

Gotta say I feel 100% today and am looking forward to getting active again. Expecting a bit of snow this afternoon then colder temps for 2 days so plan on doing anything outdoors after my visit. Hope you all have a Super AF Saturday.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning all - busy with work, so zooming in.
              Yes remember snake pass Mick. Cold here, lovely frosty morning.
              Turkey stock made and in freezer - that was most of yesterday - dealing with leftovers.
              Enjoy your farmers box Lav
              Pauly - Starbucks area nice treat - I enjoy one, and yes expensive, but rather that than another past treat huh??:hug:
              Glad your son is getting help PP - that will ease you a bit
              Will go check on other thread Sam - to ensure I am not missing anything
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Oops - missed saying hi Pie - so glad you are hanging with us daily! (sleep deprived - brain going very slowly!)
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

pie ...practice practice practice on scrap wood first!!!!!! my first mitre 45 degree ...no problem...but to match the right angle 45 to it if that makes sense took me ages to work out what way to cut the wood...dont forget the thickness of the blade too..also sand the joints before you fit them...
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Pie
                    I gots to ask, does that saw come with attached thumbnails?? previous user???
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

AND - WATCH YOUR FINGERS PIE!!!!!
                      Good luck with your project!

Sam, we win the prize for starting twin treads this morning - go figure
                      Rain due here later tonight & tomorrow, oh well. Hope you got some firewood in today.

Pauly, I have long boycotted Starbucks. They are on my Buycott app on my iPhone.
                      Hope your day improved!

Hey there Mick! Sorry to hear you had to shovel snow, bummer. Hope Amy got back safely.
                      No visitors today, phew!

PQ, glad to hear your son opened up to you & the doc. I hope everything works out quickly for him. This time of year is tough, even on the young ones :hug:
                      I'm still taking a 5,000 iu capsule of Vitamin D daily along with the D in my calcium & multivitamin supplements. I found I have to take that much to keep my serum level where it needs to be. Go get yourself some - it's vital for all of us.

SL, hope your not working too hard! Get some rest when you can!

Det - where are you?

Have a nice night everyone!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav,haha I just had to add you to the dictionary on my phone,it kept typing "lab" anyways I had boycotted Starbucks too but the holiday flavors roped me in again haha,Pie,I wanted to buy a fixer upper too,but I'm sure it'd never get fixed up,none of our projects everybody seem to get done,hope everyone is having a good nite, I may have to drive up north and check on Det haha
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ahoy ABeroooooos!

alive and kicking happy to say had some challenging moments at the big Xmas dinner with booze on every table but managed to make it through (gritting my teeth at times) but very happy to remain AF.
                          had a nice long chat with a buddy of mine who's in sobriety now. he had questions about coping skills etc. and it was a great chat that helped me a lot too.
                          Dx and I are getting along famously and pretty comfy in our new rental.
                          ditto what Lav says on the Vit D3, it's very important especially in wintertime.

one thing for sure... I've GOT to stop eating cookies! holy smokes batman. glad they aren't in front of me all year

small turnout at fencing this morn, but still a great fun workout.

Pie, good to see you again and congrats on the new house.

be well loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                            pie ...practice practice practice on scrap wood first!!!!!! my first mitre 45 degree ...no problem...but to match the right angle 45 to it if that makes sense took me ages to work out what way to cut the wood...dont forget the thickness of the blade too..also sand the joints before you fit them...
                            I hadn't planned on any practice runs, Mick, but you're right. That's the way I should start. I do have a thin blade thanks to the man at the store who explained that the included blade was for 2x4's, not trim pieces. Will make a note to sand the joints too. Thanks!

Thanks for the cautions, PPQP & Lav! Sam, I bought the saw new at Home Depot, so no previous owner's body parts attached. Planning to sell it when I'm done though, and hoping to keep it that way. Pauly, I do my share of foot-dragging.

Det! Nice to see you checking in and sounding strong!
                            Last edited by Pie; December 28, 2014, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Making this short....I have written posts....they just never posted Once it times out on me....I can't get the post back. All is well and very wet here.

Comment

Working...
                              X