af Monday 29 DEcember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Monday 29 DEcember

Hi there everyone. Just a quick check-in. Having a lovely holiday – doing lots of walking and touring. We are now staying in a holiday house where on one side there is a bar and on the other there is an ice-cream parlour – the kind that sells fresh fruit ice cream – guess which direction I am heading in! Haven’t been swimming yet although the beaches look inviting.
    The bunnies look really cute Mick – although it must be cold for them in the snow. How is everyone else? Hi there SL, Sam, SF, Pauly, Det, Lav and PPQP and Pie of course. Sorry it's a rushed job but you never know with these shonky internet connections.
    No dramas as I said over Christmas – always a bit weird around family that one doesn't see very often – but it was good to see them all.

morning all..how are we today then>all good?just stopped for a brew...was up early this morning..replied to couple of posts on here and now got the guttering off the conservatory with the pipe work and leak hunting...yep now the forecast is rain!!so just stopped for a quick brew then back onto it...otherwise I will be gettin earache ..and it wont be the weather either...glad to see you tt...good that hol is working out well for you...big brew for everyone...keep up the good work...keep gettin rid of that chrimbo food!!!:yay:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, well it's Monday and you already know how I feel about it I think after new years I'm gonna try gluten free for two weeks, I know I said it before but I'm chronically congested! Even after the anti biotics,nasacort,dayquil,benadryl, there's got to be something up,so I'll give it a shot, hope everybody is good,let's have a good Monday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all!!
        quick check in and out. Off to work and I hope to check in later. Be well good friends!
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
          Mae everybody, well it's Monday and you already know how I feel about it I think after new years I'm gonna try gluten free for two weeks, I know I said it before but I'm chronically congested! Even after the anti biotics,nasacort,dayquil,benadryl, there's got to be something up,so I'll give it a shot, hope everybody is good,let's have a good Monday
          Pauly - have you tried dairy free for a few days see if that works.
          No science behind this but just feel /or read somewhere that dairy can cause all sorts of mucus issues ?
          Give it a go

Comment

Afternoon greetings Abbers

I was in a rush to get to Curves this morning. I'm starting to look like a giant holiday cookie, ha ha!!

TT, glad you are having a decent holiday. Get some beach pics for us, OK?

Mick, your bunnies are a lot braver than my chickens!!!
            They won't play in the snow like that
            Good luck on you leak mission today.

Pauly, I've been dairy free for a number of years now. I always let a little sneak in around the holiday & boy do I suffer. Give up the dairy for a while & it it doesn't help enough, try the gluten free route for a while. I feel my best when I stya away from both

Hi there Sam, hope you are getting some of this afternoon sunshine too!
            Hi there satz, nice to see you!

I'm going to start putting some of this Christmas stuff away. I think I've had enough.
            Wishing everyone a great AF rest of the day!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I don't really eat much dairy, I hate milk! Usually use almond milk,but I do eat cheese, maybe that's the culprit

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quick check in - oldest had her teeth out under general - difficult extraction so next few days will be fun ....NOT. She is miserable, hopefully we can make the next few days cheerful...
                Called my Mum to let her know all ok, and she told me to get a stiff drink - did cross my mind, but also whilst in waiting room I wondered how I managed to keep everything going when drinking, so much easier to deal with without that added factor...
                Have a good day all
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL, your mother's response is oh so much like my pop's. Any event that was stressful was cause to "settle" his nerves with a stiff drink. "A bracer" was his term. And I chose the path. Whether gene related or not, certainly kids learn drinking by imitating!!
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Poor kid SL,I hate the dentist! Luckily my bloated wisdom tooth gum went down when I was on the antibiotics for my dumb sinuses, but I still gotta go,grrr, hopefully she won't be in too much pain tonight

Comment

Your daughter has an excellent nurse/mum to look after her SL ~ she'll be OK :hug:
                      Remember, kids heal so much faster than we do & that's a good thing. Keep her distracted with her favorite things - you know the routine.

Pauly, dairy is in almost all processed foods, you really have to become a label reader. Cheese, milk, ice cream are just the obvious things. There's salad dressings, canned soups & much more http://www.godairyfree.org/food-and-...o/hidden-dairy
                      You have to become a real detective to save yourself, ha ha!!

Sam, my parent's generation was big on pouring drinks for good news & bad. Yet my grandmothers never touched the stuff. Go figure.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ahhh! I won't be able to eat anything!

Comment

Hi, TT, Mick, Pauly, Sam, Satz, Lav, and SL! I'm so late to the party today, think I'll just wish everyone a good night, and see y'all tomorrow.

Comment

Big hug for your poor girl SL. That will be very painful. Glad she is OK otherwise. Exhausted at this end. Too much sight-seeing!

Comment

Working...
                            X