No announcement yet.

firsday da ayth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW...I just read the "Infamous" thread!

At first I wanted to know what's going on and see who pissed off my Pauly :rant:

The thread actually helped me remember where I came from and how far I've come........

The "drunkalog" was typical but what I took away from it was how proud (the posts were exceptional) and grateful I am to have my MWO family! :heartbeat:

Lav...I love the fact that you have remained a "Senior Member" and can tell the "whole" story behind some of the irruptions that happen.

Pie...I'm pretty sure the pup felt like he'd found his "Guardian Angel" :heartbeat:

Sweet dreams to all.......:smile:PPQP

Comment

I've been thinking about this for the past hour.
      I just came back to say this - you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

The only people who piss & moan about the support & advice offered in the Newbies nest are the one who just don't really want help. They tend to do a lot of lip flapping but make little to no progress with their drinking problems. They just don't want to do the work & make the necessary changes to improve their personal situations. It's much easier to bash the people who are brave enough to do the work.
      I am proud of all of us who have shown what we are made of & not simply a MWO mouthpiece
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
        you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

The only people who piss & moan about the support & advice offered in the Newbies nest are the one who just don't really want help.
        Yup....they're just there for the coffee and donuts.

OK...going to bed now.

Comment

Sometimes the kind of people who behave in this appalling way on an on-line thread might actually benefit from being in a face-to-face support or recovery group. A really tough one with some hardcore people in it. Its not so easy to put people down when you have to share the same room as them - and listen to their response.

Comment

Lav,without you,Mick,Byrdie and too many to mention role models here I don't think me or a lot of other people would be fighting this al battle,seeing that it CAN be done and the effort you guys put in to helping people keeps the light shining at the end of my tunnel,you all could have moved on and left MWO and lived sober lives,but no,you're here everyday for us and that's priceless(although I think the site owes you all 423,000,000 dollars EACH haha)
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X