Feb 1...white rabbits!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feb 1...white rabbits!!

morn all....how are you all today then..just a quick pass by...its 5.10 so bit of a later start today!!.....going to get a brew ...anyone else?

Dare Devil Morris
    Morris is a gambler. One day he bets his friend £1,000 that he can jump from a 13 storey building onto the concrete street below without hurting himself. he thinks Morris is off his head and accepts the bet.
    The question is:
    HOW DID MORRIS WIN THE £1,000? jumped out of a ground floor window

Sidney the fisherman
    Sidney loves to fish. He finds it very relaxing and uses an expensive gold plated fishing rod. One day, he is fishing off the side of a barge moored against the bank of the Thames. The hook on the end of Sidney’s fishing line is 50cm below the surface of the Thames. The tide is rising at the rate of 30cm per hour.
    The question is:
    HOW FAR BELOW THE WATER LEVEL WILL THE HOOK BE AFTER SIDNEY HAS BEEN FISHING FOR 3 HOURS? 50 cm ..barge rises as the tide rises

Johns punishment
    John was a naughty teenager and was always getting himself into trouble at school. One week he was so bad that as a punishment he was asked to carry 100 bags of sand from the store room to the long jump pit. He found it a great struggle and after he had taken the first few bags to the pit, he soon realised that he could put something in each bag to make it lighter to carry.
    The question is:
    WHAT DID HE PUT INTO EACH BAG? put a hole in the bag

Bath night at Janes
    Jane is looking at two tubs. One contains water at 20 degrees Fahrenheit and the other tub contains water at 20 degrees Centigrade. she has a special dog called Benjy and Jane is a bit confused.
    The question is:
    WHICH TUB DOES SHE EVENTUALLY CHOOSE TO GIVE BENJY HIS WEEKLY BATH? 20c......20f is freezing!!

here you go..maths puzzles

A solo dice game is played where, on each turn, a normal pair of dice is rolled. The score is calculated by taking the product, rather than the sum, of the two numbers shown on the dice.

On a particular game, the score for the second roll is five more than the score for the first; the score for the third roll is six less than that of the second; the score for the fourth roll is eleven more than that of the third; and the score for the fifth roll is eight less than that of the fourth. What was the score for each of these five throws?

A high school has a strange principal. On the first day, he has his students perform an odd opening day ceremony:

There are one thousand lockers and one thousand students in the school. The principal asks the first student to go to every locker and open it. Then he has the second student go to every second locker and close it. The third goes to every third locker and, if it is closed, he opens it, and if it is open, he closes it. The fourth student does this to every fourth locker, and so on. After the process is completed with the thousandth student, how many lockers are open?

You must cut a birthday cake into exactly eight pieces, but you're only allowed to make three straight cuts, and you can't move pieces of the cake as you cut. How can you do it?

I was in London the other day and this tramp came up to me and said, "Mister, I haven't tasted food in a week."

I said, "Don't worry, it still tastes the same."

My teacher handed me a blank piece of white paper.

"Make a paper plane," she said.

"It already is," I said.

Three women are about to be executed by firing squad. One''s a brunette, one''s a redhead, and one''s a blonde. The guard brings the brunette forward and the executioner asks if she has any last requests. She says no, and the executioner shouts, "Ready! Aim!"

Suddenly the brunette yells, "EARTHQUAKE!!!"

Everyone is startled and throws themselves on the ground while she escapes.

The guard brings the redhead forward and the executioner asks if she has any last requests. She say no, and the executioner shouts, "Ready! Aim!"

Suddenly the redhead yells, "TORNADO!!!"

Everyone is startled and looks around for cover while she escapes.

By now the blonde has it all figured out. The guard brings her forward and the executioner asks if she has any last requests. She says no, and the executioner shouts, "Ready! Aim!"

And the blonde yells, "FIRE!!!"

now this is real work!!!

To do list

1. Make a to-do list (check)
    2. Check off the first thing on the list (check)
    3. Realize you have already accomplished two things (check)
    4. Reward yourself with a nap (in progress)

I see a group of scousers have won a 45.5 million pound share of the Euromillions jackpot.
    A spokesman said, "They were going away on a well deserved holiday, but have decided on a weekend city break as they have to be back in Liverpool to sign on for Tuesday."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hello there Mick and everyone else. Bit late in the day for a brew for me and I also have been up since around 5am. Had a lovely walk with my daughter (not at 5am though! - she was fast asleep.
    Have a good Sunday people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
      morn all....how are you all today then..just a quick pass by...its 5.10 so bit of a later start today!!.....going to get a brew ...anyone else?
      The game is up Mick on your early morning gallivanting...
      Me & Molls reckon we've cracked it : you've gone BAD :haha:
      It all makes sense now !!!

Hi TT :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        The game is up Mick on your early morning gallivanting...
        Me & Molls reckon we've cracked it : you've gone BAD :haha:
        It all makes sense now !!!

Should've figured the Army would unravel the mystery! :congratulatory:

Believe I'll help myself to a brew while you're out, Mick. Here's hoping your trousers turn up soon!

Happy Sunday, TT.

Comment

Good morning Abbers & happy February to all!

One step closer to Spring even though we will be getting more snow later today, oh well.
          At least it's not as cold as yesterday was!!!

Hope you're having a fun & productive day Mick!
          I think we'll take up a collection & treat you to a new pair of pants so you don't freeze out there, HA, HA!!!

Greetings TT, Pie & everyone!
          Not much on my plan for today just making some soup for dinner, yum

Wishing everyone a good AF Sunday, I'll drop in later!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
            Thanks for the kick off Mick, got a good chuckle from the blonde joke! Evening TT, go ahead and enjoy a late day brew! I usually do a late afternoon brew of coffee or tea and oddly enough it doesn't keep me up at night. Satz, glad you all got that figured out!!! Morning Lav, no snow but rain called for us. Enjoy your soup!

out and about, be well good friends
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Blanketed in snow yesterday but did manage to get to the community hall for a meeting with a bride. Missed my Dad visit though.

Mick...hope your day out is successful...look for those pants eh!

TT...hope you're snuggled up in bed by now.

Satz...only the Army could come up with that conclusion. :shocked:

Pie...I don't think our job is done yet!

Lav...soup sounds perfect for dinner. Certainly have the weather for that meal.

Sam...hope your out and about was good. I don't think the Army has cessed it yet.

Molls...I agree, Feb feels like a turning point...even if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Off to spend the afternoon playing bridge. One of my favorite past times. If I was more organized I'd have the soup in the crock pot for when I get home.
              Have a Super AF Sunday all and all to come....:smile:PQ

Comment

Mick - put your kilt back on - we have talked about this before!!
                PPQ - sorry you missed your dad visit.
                Nice walk with your daughter TT - that's just great.
                Happy Sunday all
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

yoohoo folks..tis I back again...tell you what if the weather had been like that today..I would have gone breekless!!..as it was the temp today was -5 in those temps me bum wouldve fallen off..good try ..nice one satzy..lid still on the seegar box tho!!
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                  X